October 30, 2014 | 1720 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This has got to be one of my favorite lip products ever. I have 11 colors and I plan to buy at least five more. What they all have in common is the glossy texture and the shiny finish, it really is a perfect combination of gloss and lipstick but fortunately the texture here isn't sticky at all (and my hair never gets caught in it). Some shades have a little shimmer in them but it's not very noticeable, in fact I quite like it. Some colors have a very very subtle vanilla scent but mostly I don't smell anything when I apply it.
To be honest I think each shade of the product should be reviewed separately because they really are very different. The pigmentation varies a lot and so does the wear time but on average they last two to three hours on me. I would separate them into two groups. Some shades remind me of a tinted lip balm and might look weird on very pigmented lips (Strawberry shortcake, Cotton candy, Cupcake, Creme Brulee, Berry smoothie). The other shades are in my opinion true lipsticks with a very glossy finish (Candy apple, Cherry tart, Red velvet, Lollipop, Raspberry pie) and perfect for people who want to try color on their lips but are a little intimidated by bright lipsticks. Sweet tart kinda belongs in both groups.
I have to say I have pretty dry lips and this product hasn't dried them out at all and definitely didn't cause any peeling or allergies. Lip butter is in my opinion a very appropriate name, it does apply on your lips like butter (especially in the summer months). I love it much much more than the Korres Lip butter.
The only con for me is that because of the creamy texture the product gets used up pretty fast but since the product was so cheap I don't mind it too much.
The sad thing is that these are much more expensive in other countries (8 pounds in the UK, 12 in Italy) so I would definitely not buy as many colors as I did. I can't wait to get Tutti frutti, Sugar plum, Gumdrop, Pink truffle next time I'm in the US, I might even get Peach parfait which lots of people seem to hate because of the big glitter particles.
The packaging reminds me of the Dior Lip glow. The casing matches the shade of the lipstick and I would say it looks really stylish in some colors (soft pinks) and pretty horrible and cheap in others (reds). I agree that the base of the lipstick should be bigger so the cap would be easier to pull off but since it was so cheap I don't mind it.
Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by dashie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love these! i have sugar frosting and another very bright pink colour.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Don't trust the rave reviews or their color descriptions and save your money. They are expensive, super sheer non-moisturising lip glosses that go into the lines and dry out lips - in pretty packaging with tons of hype. Most colors don't show up that much and some are suprisingly glittery. I mean glittery balm? They dry out people's lips and make them flake. I thought it was just me but then I checked out other peoples video reviews and talked to a few friends then realised the product makes dry lips get even worse for people with dry or sensitive lips. I thought thats what a "butter" would be for? But the worst thing about these lip "butters" is that most of the colors magnify lip lines 500%. Even on young girls with smooth lips I notice it collects into their lines and looks awful. If I had paid a couple of dollars I would just say oh well, but I paid NZ $27 here so its a major rip off.

12 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

I like the texture and how this product feels on my lips, however I just cannot find a color in the line that is good for everyday. The more neutral-nude colors do not look good with my skin tone or have tiny glitter particles in it which I hate.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by traubelein

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Yes I would buy these series again IF they would alter the packaging. Maybe mine was broken from the start but the thing won't come down after I spin it out of the tube thingy-thingy (lol). Because it's lip butter, meaning that it is not as solid as lipsticks, they melt and smudge all over the place and it's just messy in general. I liked that they had a lot of colors and I liked that it was quite long lasting on my lips but again; the packaging does not make me happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by kaww34

I have bought a few of the lip butters now. I started wiith brown sugar and peach parfait ~ and I loved them both! Yesterday I went out and picked up 2 more shades ~ berry smoothie for myself and fig jam for my mom who has a tan complexion, The fig jam looked great on her and we both agreed that we love how they feel. All the shades I got for myself look great with fair skin. Loving the sheer color. I will probably buy more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by coconutwaters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i got this on sale, for only 3.99 and i was so happy with the results! it gives the perfect amount of shimmer and tint (i bought peach parfait) and it glides perfectly on your lips. it doesnt stay on as long as i want, but it moisturizes them and make your lips look a bit fuller. i will go back and get more, i can see why these lipbutters are so raved about :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by belle666

I purchased this product in Pink Truffle and I really like it. The color is very neutral and works well with my face. The product is very thick and feels like a matte lipstick while applying. The only thing that disappointed me was that it did not hydrate as well as I was expecting. It is basically like a thick, sheer lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by theresenb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Feels incredibly soft and hydrating! My only "problem" is the shades. I wish they were less sparkly and shimmery. That might also fix the "gritty" texture that some mention; the texture is fine by me, but I know what they mean. I wish they'd use the shades from the regular Colorburst series, like Fuschia, which is matter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by beautydoll81

I love this product from Revlon. I have purchased Cotton Candy and Sweetart, and I have been really impressed with both of them! Cotton candy is a far lighter, subtle pink color whereas Sweetart is far more pigmented brighter pink colour.

I love that they are blend-able so that you can tone down brighter colors for an everyday look. I haven't found them especially moisturizing though! I also found that when you have chapped lips they do tend to look blotchy.

In short I really do like this product, and I will definately be trying out more shades!