Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 11/11/2006 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is an overall great cleanser. It's very gentle & doesn't completely strip your face of it's natural oils. I use this cleanser morning and night and it removes my makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean and balanced. I will purchase again.

on 11/4/2006 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this product, it's the best cleanser I've used so far, but it's not perfect so I took one lippie off. It smells nice, cleans perfectly (even my makeup), and it's not harsh (not like most acne cleansers) but I do need to moisturize after or I will feel a little tightness around my forehead. I don't know about the clear complexion, cause I just bought this 3 days ago, it sure didn't give me any pimples after so assume that it works. Just don't depend on it to do a miracle for your existing acne.

on 11/4/2006 1:53:00 AM

to start off with i have very very sensitive skin, i break out, and my skin can get dry in some places, i had high hopes for this product falling for the "clear complexion" name. i was very wrong indeed. this stripped my face burning it creating a nast film on the sides of my face. i used this for a bit until i could take it no longer and dumped it... i definitely wont repurchase.. i wont recommend this for people with extra sensitive skin

on 11/3/2006 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Whats with the awful reviews? Hubby and I are on our 3rd bottle. Hubby has oily and acne type skin, while I have normal to dry skin. This bottle is my everyday cleanser. Removes makeup easily and without tugging. I have noticed no new break outs on hubby or myself. The pump did "go funky" on one of our bottles, nothing major. We both enjoy that once you pump you get the foam.

I find this to be a very nice, gentle cleanser with a small amount of BHA in it. Not strong enough to do any real blemish fighting but it's still a very nice cleanser. I'd recommend it for combo/oily skin.

on 9/17/2006 4:32:00 PM

When i was in my pre-teens I used Aveeno positively radiant to cleanse my face, and that worked fine until a few years later i started having minor blemishes. I had accidentally bought the foaming cleanser, so i started using it, and had great results. It was soft and seemed to work nicely as a somewhat gentle but also breakout-fighting wash. I have moved on to a more active oil-fighting/breakout-controlling skincare regimen - the aveeno just didn't cut it anymore, it was either too gentle or left too much of a film. But sometimes I take a break from my daily scrub and use this, or my cetaphil, as another option, and I have no complaints. Overall: good product to use on normal-to-slightly-oily skin, but should be used in conjunction with a stronger product. Works as promised.
EDIT: i've just gone back to this stuff after using sephora's TESS normal skin kit... that was wayy too harsh for my poor skin and stripped my skin/made me more oily/caused more blemishes... but now i'm back to this, and in 2 days my skin has calmed down, evened its tone, and stopped being so oily and aggravated. thank you aveeno!

on 9/10/2006 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I just threw away a half bottle of this after giving it a good fighting chance for awhile. As an experiment, I used only this cleanser for three weeks straight (that's a week over the amount of time it take pimples to form). I'd had my suspicions about it before, but it was just my "extra" cleanser at my boyfriend's house (my standby is Cetaphil). Well, sure enough, I have weird small oozing pimples in places I normally never get them-- i.e. the middle of my cheeks. Though this cleanser was soft, foamy and fun to use, I'm afraid I had to bin it because I suspect the SUPER-strong fragrance caused major breakouts. I originally got it to clear up much more minor pimples than these! Back to Cetaphil again, which as usual should clear my skin in a few days, I hope.

on 9/8/2006 12:46:00 AM

Although the price was right and packaging fair...I would not buy this product again. Since I've been using this product I have been breaking out on the right side of my face and under my chin. (small pimples) My nose has also started peeling and is red. I don't know what to do about it now.
Like another member posted, I also, feel I might be allergic to the salycilic acid. But I'm not sure. I would not buy this product again. It is not for sensitive skin...even though Aveeno has been known as a "for sensitive skin" brand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the worst face washes I have tried; and I have tried a lot. I used this on my face for about a month, and, at first, it seemed as though it was helping my skin; my cystic acne started to disappear. However, after about a week, I noticed my skin started peeling. Then, I noticed an abundance of white heads. Nearly three weeks later, my skin looked like a red, flaky, mountain of horrible. I don't even know how to discribe it. I am not allergic to S.A. (my H.G. moisteriser has it in it), so I don't know what was in this product that caused my skin to flair up as badly as it did. Oh, and to emphasize how bad this product is: one day I ran out of hand soap, and decided to use this instead (since I wasn't putting this juck on my face anymore), and after two or three washes with this, I got this horrendous read pimple like bump on my hand. It took a week for it to go away. Needless to say, I threw the rest of it away. Such a waste of money. I will most likely NEVER purchase an Aveeno product (for my face at least) again.

on 8/21/2006 1:31:00 PM

I have very oily, acne prone skin. I have been using this for about a month now and have not had 1 breakout. Didn't really help with the oil control, but I love this stuff. Leaves my skin feeling very fresh and like I said, not one breakout since I have been using it.

UPDATE: After about 3 months of using this stuff I started breaking out again. I switched. See new face wash review.