October 31, 2014 | 1071 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by louvy0401

This is truely amazing and I think it's as good as my other HGs such as Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (I use B20) and Christian Dior's Forever (I use 20) . Thank you Makeupalley, I bought this after I read so many people raving about this and I bought the second lightest shade which is 52. The coverage is quite light just like the other two foundations I mentioned - I prefer the natural look at the moment and I can always use concealer and powder if I feel like I need more coverage. A bottle could last quite a while I reckon, unlike Chanel's Vitalumiere, which only lasted me 2 months (I use foundation on a daily basis). For the price - I bought this for £10.99 from Boots, I think this can easily beat my other HG. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good quality foundation for a drug store product. It actually looks amazing on the skin, very dewy and "healthy" (imagine that!). Fairly good coverage, I need concealer underneath but I have a bit of scarring. The only thing is it does not wear that well on my skin in oily spots (t-zone) - at the end of the day it will rub off in those areas. If my skin was a little drier this would probably be a HG every day foundation, because the finish truly is beautiful. I think I like the finish of this gel foundation over the Healthy Mix regular foundation, although I think the regular one might be better suited to oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by eelin77

I am in love with this foundation!!
Every time I wear it, my skin looks amazing! No other foundation I've tried even comes close. Before I tried this, the Revlon Colorstay was my HG foundation - light yet with good coverage - just that blending takes a bit of practice. While it gave excellent coverage and staying power, you could still tell that there was makeup on the skin.

With this Bourjois foundation, the texture is so silky that it's so easy to blend, and feels great on the skin - I've used it with fingers, brush, sponge, all work great! Once it sinks in, it looks just like your very own skin, just better. Even when i finish it with powder, I don't look made up at all. I just look like I have radiant skin :) While coverage is not as good as the Revlon Colorstay, you can easily use concealer on top of it. Or in my case, I use Revlon Colorstay foundation as a concealer. With a light dusting of powder, stays on all day, even in the hot and humid weather I'm in.

Oh, by the way, I love using it with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Pressed Powder. Both smell divine and a nice perk in the morning :)

The packaging is a nice slim pump bottle that's easy to dispense. I like that it's plastic - won't break and lightweight. Price is good for the quality, so definitely will re-purchase over and over again. My new HG foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I couldn't quite decide if this was a 4 or 5 lippie product, it does have some flaws but I'm still loving it at the moment. It applies beautifully and gives a nice light to medium coverage- I do need to use more concealer than I would with some foundations, but it gives a much more natural look which I definitely prefer for an everyday look! It can be built up to a point but will never be a full coverage foundation. It doesn't accentuate pores or the occasional bit of dry skin, and has a nice semi-matte finish. It doesn't look like a matte mask but I'm not sure I'd say it's particularly dewy either. I set with a powder and do sometimes get a little shiny throughout the day, but this happens to me with pretty much anything, sadly. The colours lean more neutral than some lines- no overpowering pink or yellow undertones- and because the coverage is light to medium the limited shade range will still work for some who can't find an exact match... but the shade range is definitely the weakest point for this foundation. I believe there are only six shades, and they range from fair to medium. If you are very fair or even moderately dark-skinned you'll be out of luck, which I think is a real shame. The packaging is OK- the pump dispenses a good amount of product, and you can easily get a partial pump (unlike some products which are all-or-nothing). The bottle is a rigid plastic and the cap slides on over the pump but does not click into place or have any ridges or bumps to hold it on- I wouldn't feel comfortable just tossing this into a bag, the cap can slide off fairly easily as it is only held in place by friction and the pump does not lock.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful foundation. Perfect coverage and texture not too heavy or too sheer. Really really easy to blend. You could probably put this on in the dark and it would still look okay! I feel like it doesn't last all day but it's so easy to touch up during a quick bathroom break that it's no big deal. You don't have to mess around blending and powdering. Also you only need a tiny pump for half a face. Super, natural finish and my skin feels comfortable with it on. This one is a winner. I really love it.

I just wanted to update...this is an AMAZING product. Out of all I have tried since they discontinued my old fave. Ive tried revlon colorstay, photo ready, EL double wear, bare essentials, maybe line fit me, Lise waiter and i even paid a fortune for christian dior..can't believe how many I have bought. This foundation is gorgeous, and natural. Gives a very young glow, when I put it on my skin looks like it did when I had just washed my face as a child, it just has a lovely finish and looks like you are wearing no make up at all. Today I slapped this on then worked 6 hours straight in the backyard, cleaned the gutters and cut the grass...my skin still looked great no oiliness or patchiness, it wore really well. I have my new fave.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by suddenlysunny

Repurchase? Yes

Price: I paid a little over $30 AUD at priceline

Shade: I chose the lightest color, 51 Vanille Claire. There wasn't that big of a shade range so ladies with darker skin tones might not find a match.

Product: This foundation claims to be "16 hours radiance boosting even, revived complexion." On the back of the bottle it also claims to be light coverage with a semi-matte undetectable finish. First of all, it does not wear 16 hours, but I did not expect it to. I found this foundation to have buildable medium coverage on me. It has a very natural almost undetectable finish but if you choose to build this foundation you can expect to have it become more made up looking. A natural finish is important to me as I go to a private independent school and makeup is not allowed. If you are caught you get handed a makeup wipe and a detention slip. I do not like detention but I also dislike having my skin problems on full show. It is a fine line I risk getting close to. Lol. So far this has not broken me out or irritated my skin although it smells strongly of a fruity perfume maybe?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by mazlovesbetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a truly, truly great product. It is rare to find a foundation with decent coverage that doesn't look caked on and still gives your skin a healthy glow. My dry skin loved this and any dry patches I have had have completely gone away. I have also noticed my skin has improved overall.
The thing I like about this product is that it isn't too orange. I am very pale, and normally foundations with reasonable coverage simply don't match my skin tone. Even though the lightest shade they offered was a little bit too dark, when I put it on it blended fantastically and didn't leave me with a tide mark.
Something I also really like is the packaging. It is simple and doesn't take up excess space in my make up bag. The pump dispenses just the right amount to cover the whole face and hasn't yet been clogged.
I find that with this foundation, a little goes a long way and the texture is fantastic. A tiny blob on the end of a finger is enough to cover a whole cheek, it is very smooth and easy to spread across the skin before setting of any kind occurs.
I think that the price is good for the product. It feels good quality and smells lovely, I havent ever tried very high end foundations but I don't really see how they could do much better. Also, like I mentioned earlier, a little goes a long way.
Overall, I don't have any problems with it. I suppose that I do use powder to set it (a small amount of lily lolo porcelain helps to ensure it matches my skin tone perfectly and doesn't rub off) but this is the same with many foundations, and once it is set it stays put for hours. It also tends to leave my skin looking dewy and glowing even through a dusting of powder. I haven't ever had to apply layer upon layer to achieve good coverage, although my skin is fairly good so this may be different for people with scarring or acne. I also don't know how this would behave on those with very oily skin, but for dry skin it is a holy grail product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I like it,but I don't love it.
I quite like the fragrance - it's subtle and doesn't hang around. It doesn't upset my sensitive skin. The colours suit me. Coverage is okay and over all feel is lovely.
I don't love it because lighter-coloured particles settle in open pores on cheekbones and accentuate them. I had a shiny nose within two hours. (My skin's not oily)
Perhaps I should have purchased the Original Healthy Mix.

+++ Edited review! I now love this product!!! It was the application that was dodgy. I now use Real Techniques Stippling Brush, use less product and it is smooth, silky and fantastic!!! Have boosted my rating accordingly!!! Definitely THE BEST drugstore foundation ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by SarahOliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this foundation for the first time today, I had heard a lot of good things about it and so I decided to get it as it was on a 3 for 2 promotion, I always find that matching foundations myself is a bit tricky especially because the lighting in the shops are not that great and also because the mirrors are a bit small, so I got the number 53 which is a bit lighter my other foundations but a good colour because mine fluctuates on whether I have used fake tan or not! Its quite a sheer foundation which is great for a natural look for summer, one pump is enough to do the whole of my face which is so nice as I don't end up wasting any of the product. It smells nice and gives a semi-matte look so you still end up having a natural glow! For a high street makeup product this is one of the best I have found, and will look into this brand more now as their quality is superior to what I thought at first!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first bourjois foundation and I'm very happy with it. It's great on my dry skin - it applies well with fingers, isn't cakey and it gives a nice, semi-matt finish. It smells like fruit and one pump is enough to do your entire face.
The foundation has quite light coverage and looks very natural. The bottle it comes in is completely sealed so the foundation should last a good while without drying out or being unhygienic.

The only reason it's not 5 lippies is because of the colour range - I've got the lightest shade and it's really a little too dark for me.