October 2, 2014 | 1337 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by mazlovesbetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a truly, truly great product. It is rare to find a foundation with decent coverage that doesn't look caked on and still gives your skin a healthy glow. My dry skin loved this and any dry patches I have had have completely gone away. I have also noticed my skin has improved overall.
The thing I like about this product is that it isn't too orange. I am very pale, and normally foundations with reasonable coverage simply don't match my skin tone. Even though the lightest shade they offered was a little bit too dark, when I put it on it blended fantastically and didn't leave me with a tide mark.
Something I also really like is the packaging. It is simple and doesn't take up excess space in my make up bag. The pump dispenses just the right amount to cover the whole face and hasn't yet been clogged.
I find that with this foundation, a little goes a long way and the texture is fantastic. A tiny blob on the end of a finger is enough to cover a whole cheek, it is very smooth and easy to spread across the skin before setting of any kind occurs.
I think that the price is good for the product. It feels good quality and smells lovely, I havent ever tried very high end foundations but I don't really see how they could do much better. Also, like I mentioned earlier, a little goes a long way.
Overall, I don't have any problems with it. I suppose that I do use powder to set it (a small amount of lily lolo porcelain helps to ensure it matches my skin tone perfectly and doesn't rub off) but this is the same with many foundations, and once it is set it stays put for hours. It also tends to leave my skin looking dewy and glowing even through a dusting of powder. I haven't ever had to apply layer upon layer to achieve good coverage, although my skin is fairly good so this may be different for people with scarring or acne. I also don't know how this would behave on those with very oily skin, but for dry skin it is a holy grail product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I like it,but I don't love it.
I quite like the fragrance - it's subtle and doesn't hang around. It doesn't upset my sensitive skin. The colours suit me. Coverage is okay and over all feel is lovely.
I don't love it because lighter-coloured particles settle in open pores on cheekbones and accentuate them. I had a shiny nose within two hours. (My skin's not oily)
Perhaps I should have purchased the Original Healthy Mix.

+++ Edited review! I now love this product!!! It was the application that was dodgy. I now use Real Techniques Stippling Brush, use less product and it is smooth, silky and fantastic!!! Have boosted my rating accordingly!!! Definitely THE BEST drugstore foundation ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by SarahOliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this foundation for the first time today, I had heard a lot of good things about it and so I decided to get it as it was on a 3 for 2 promotion, I always find that matching foundations myself is a bit tricky especially because the lighting in the shops are not that great and also because the mirrors are a bit small, so I got the number 53 which is a bit lighter my other foundations but a good colour because mine fluctuates on whether I have used fake tan or not! Its quite a sheer foundation which is great for a natural look for summer, one pump is enough to do the whole of my face which is so nice as I don't end up wasting any of the product. It smells nice and gives a semi-matte look so you still end up having a natural glow! For a high street makeup product this is one of the best I have found, and will look into this brand more now as their quality is superior to what I thought at first!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first bourjois foundation and I'm very happy with it. It's great on my dry skin - it applies well with fingers, isn't cakey and it gives a nice, semi-matt finish. It smells like fruit and one pump is enough to do your entire face.
The foundation has quite light coverage and looks very natural. The bottle it comes in is completely sealed so the foundation should last a good while without drying out or being unhygienic.

The only reason it's not 5 lippies is because of the colour range - I've got the lightest shade and it's really a little too dark for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by mm14

Full Coverage. Blends Beautifully and even has a nice smell.! Such an affordable price for such a good product. Make sure to really rub into skin to not look cakey but overall a wonderful foundation! Any blemishes on the skin will DISAPPEAR! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by portillosa

I have a very sensitive skin, so just one use of a wrong product makes my skin itchy, red spots and small pimple like spots on my skin. I've been searching for a good foundation that will cover my imperfections, tried products like vichy cream tint (also good for my oily sensitive skin) but after a few use gives my face a break out. I also tried Maybelline eraser anti- age which gives a good coverage for my face first few uses but then later on made my face flaky. Loreal foundations are also not good for my oily/sensitive skin. Until I came across with Bourjois foundation at a local drugstore. I tried it on my hand searching for the right shade, and when I found the right one close to my shade I put a small amount on my face to my pimple area. I know it's crazy but I just want to find out if it will react to my sensitive skin specially to the damaged area. To my surprise it covered my pimple like a concealer effect and the redness was almost not visible. So I put more to see how it will blend on my face, when I got home it got absorbed in my skin giving me a more natural effect. Now I don't even use concealer for my under eye area because it covers dark circles around my eyes. It's also not making my face oily, to my surprise even on my T-zone, I don't even need to put powder or retouch. I am on my 2nd day. I am just waiting for some changes if it will give me break out just like the other products I've tried before. But I have a positive feeling with this one. I will update after a month or so.

===================================
after two months of use, I was puzzled why my under eye skin was getting dull and dry, so I thought maybe the serum foundation so when I apply it on my skin I carefully avoid my under eye area. Maybe my under eye is too sensitive for this product. Still I recommend this but be careful on the eye area.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by PandaEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in shade 55 Beige Fonce/ Dark Beige, it is an absolutely perfect match!! It spreads sooo well! I don't need any moisturiser because it's really moisturising but doesn't look oily at all, it's actually matte without looking dry either! The consistency is brilliant, it doesn't cake at all and it's buildable. It gives me a flawless look without being detectable at all. The only thing that I would maybe improve is it's durability, but it's totally fine if you're not touching your face often :) would definitely recommend this product! Try ebay for a cheaper price than £10.99!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* ME - NC25-30 (medium-to-light beige with yellow undertones). Normal to dry, drier in the winter.
* REVIEW - I was in the market for a photo-friendly foundation without SPF and based on the raves here and in the beauty blogosphere, I had to try this out. I purchased this foundation in No. 53 Beige Clair / Light Beige and it’s a perfect match for my NC25-30 skin tone. After using this for the past few months, I’m happy to report that this did not disappoint.
* PLUSES:
+ Moisturizing on my normal to dry skin, especially so in the winter
+ Lightweight, easy to apply consistency
+ Results in a natural healthy semi-matte dewy finish. Not greasy, oily or gross. This is not cakey and it does not transfer easily either
+ Light / sheer coverage
+ Nice packaging with easy-to-identify red cap with hygienic pump that doesn't clog up and it dispenses properly each time!
+ Did not clog my pores and did not break me out either
+ Photo-friendly!
* MINUSES:
- Strong fruity fragrance
- Not enough coverage for visible scars or dark under eye circles
- Formula is not really build-able; concealer is still required for blemishes and skin imperfections
- Does not last the 16 hours as claimed, maybe 8 hours at best with primer underneath and setting powder on top.
* PRICE - About €18 at all drugstores.
* VERDICT - Bourjois is a good quality drugstore brand foundation at a fair price point. It evens out the skin tone and makes my skin look nice, natural and with that healthy, dewy finish. I would repurchase.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic for the price! Best for the winter months if you have combination skin. It's a shame this isn't sold in the USA. I have to stock up next time I'm in Canada.

I'm a high end makeup kind of gal but I must say this foundation is impressive. Especially, for the colder, dryer winter months when my skin is patchy, this has been a God-Send. It blends in beautifully, glides onto the skin effortlessly, and give me medium to full coverage. It almost, erases the texture of my skin and creates even, supple looking skin (especially on dry spots). The finish is quite dewy and "moisturized-looking" which I like. It also smells deliciously of fruits out of the bottle but that smell quickly fades away once on the skin.

I have combination skin, so as far as oil control goes, this doesn't have the best capabilities. I find shine starts building around the 4-5 hour mark but never really gets out of control. I happen to like the dewy look and my skin isn't as oily as it used to be. I don't feel a need to touch up. Oilier skin gals, I recommend you steer clear of this or set with a mattifying powder.

To compare this to Vitalumiere Aqua which everyone claims this is a dupe for, I would say Vita-Aqua has a much more semi-matte finish. Healthy mix serum has a dewy finish for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by pigeonette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been using mac studio fix for years but only once in a while, on bad skin days. Unfortunately my skin turned worse recently and I had to use foundation every day - still I felt that I needed something lighter than mac. After reading the rave reviews I wanted to buy the "plain" helathy mix foundation, but it was not available in shade 51 (the lightest) in my country. Though I was fearing that it'd only make my skin more oilier and break me out, I finally settled with the serum...and so glad I did!
My skin is the funniest kind of combination type, with oily nose and chin, dry forehead plus random dry patches around my nose and mouth, and normal cheeks. And this serum balances out my skin beautifully! It gives just the right ammount of coverage for the day, and adds this nice natural glow my skin will never be able to produce on its own..it is very natural though, and maybe I'm just lucky, but it does not make my nose any oilier. (I always use powder so maybe that's the trick...) Due to the serum gel texture it is very easy to apply, I use my fingers and it goes on evenly, not messy at all. It makes my skin super soft, even, radiant and healthy, and I'm not exaggerating!
Some cons: my dry patches need to be hydrated beforehand, because the foundation can look a bit obvious there. Also I don't understand why bourjois adds this heavy perfume to every product. It's not that I don't like the smell, but it's completely useless and some people might be sensitive to it. I got used to it and don't even feel it anymore but people comment on how fruity I smell..
Overall I love this product and would definitely repurchase: the price is awesome, and I need less than a pump to cover my face, so a little goes a long long way. buy it!