November 28, 2014 | 1911 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not GROUND breaking for me yet, but it makes my face feel smooth, suck up my moisturizer, and keeps my acne to a minimum. I also ADORE the cleanser sample it comes with, although I'm not entirely sure I could justify spending $25 on a facial cleanser.
Let me also say, I have never tried the clairisonic and never plan on it. I have much more important things to spend money on (like hair products hehe). Depending on how oily my face is, I'll use either/or speed setting, but there really isn't THAT big if a difference.
The battery compartment IS hard to get open, but that is so it ensures you aren't getting water in it when you use it in the shower.

Will repurchase if this breaks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by SummerHope

First of all, your skin is only the width of a sheet of paper. That being said, I think this product is a good choice for every day use due to its "slower" speed and soft brush. You don't need to grind your skin down, that will cause it more harm than good. I do like this product, the only thing I have to compare it to is the brushes Estheticians use (which run at about the same speed as the Pro-X). I have moderate to severe acne, and I feel as though this has given my skin a boost in the right direction towards clearing up. I use this product twice a day, and I clean the brush after every use. So far so good, you can't go wrong with this product. Anyways, if anything...Pro-X has introduced me to a new way of cleansing my face. My skin is much softer and cleaner, I also feel as though it helps products penetrate my skin better (such as moisturizers and acne meds). I don't know if it's my imagination though. By the way, this product doesn't aggravate/spread acne if anyone's concerned about that, just don't dig it into your skin. :)

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

*Updated below original review*

I bought this to see if I would actually use a product like this before investing the Clarisonic.

Having nothing to compare it to, I like it.

Here is my routine: Use the Pro-X with Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, follow with tea tree oil soap, finish with Olay 7 in One scrub.

Have I noticed a groundbreaking change in my face? Not really. It's definitely softer and smoother but that's about it. I did not break out so I consider that a plus.

The brush is really small, too small, I think. And it could spin faster.

I chose that I would not purchase it again because all things being equal I'm going to upgrade to the Mia.

*update*

I have since purchased the clairsonic Mia and I can now report that, while the pro-x is still a fine device for what it is, it is not in the same ballpark as the Mia. Nor should it be with a price tag of $150.00.

Whereas the Pro-x has a very small brush head that spins at two speeds the Mia has a larger head that does not spin at all but rather vibrates. The Mia is like a sonicare toothbrush for your face.

The Pro-x cleaned my face but didn't affect any changes. The Mia has changed the overall look and texture of my skin while offering a much deeper cleansing. The Mia also allows for a more effective penetration of serums, treatments, and moisturizers.

All in all I would say that if you can't afford the Mia the Pro-x will clean your face bu t isn't a substitute; it's an entirely different experience.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by amyang

i had high hopes for this product but not great enough for me. It was i think 30 dollars, not worth it. It only spins in one direction and not multi direction like other spin brushes. what am i going to get out of one direction spinner. it didnt seem to do anything for me and i returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by BumbleBee5296

I really love this product. I've only been using it for approx. 2 weeks however I noticed a huge difference in my skin! (I have also changed some other products in my routine as well). But regardless, I love this and I would definitely recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by trancewh0re

I've been using this product for about 3 months and haven't noticed a difference in the texture of my skin. Also, I'm a bit confused on how the brush head stays clean. I wash my face with it in the morning & again at night after removing my makeup. But all the dirt & oil on my face transfers onto the brush, and when the brush head is dry, it feels a bit greasy. Seems like I'm washing my face with an oily brush head...and it wouldn't make sense to replace the brush every other day. Help??

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by sholden

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using the cleanser for a few months so, after reading such great things about this cleansing system, I decided to give it a try. Got it on amazon for under $24.00. It's easy to use although I do find it a bit abrasive. It stings a bit and I find I need to apply moisturizer immediately after using it. Consequently, I only use this cleansing system 2-3 times a week. However, my face does feel clean and I'm sure I'm removing makeup, etc my thoroughly. Worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my new HG product! I use it in the morning and night. I have been wanting a Clarsonic for a few months, but i'm glad I purchased this one instead. I don't have a Clarsonic to compare this to, but I think this product is just amazing. My skin feels so clean and fresh. My break outs have almost vanished completely. I have been using this for 3 weeks now and I haven't gotten a pimple yet... I'm Impressed!! Also, I have been using the cleanser it came with and I love it as well. I just purchased the full size last week.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by caartist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hate to spoil the good review streak here... P&G put this product out as a less expensive but equally good alternative to Clarisonic but this does NOT compete. I have a Clarisonic but travel a lot for work, so I decided to get this unit for my suitcase, and not want to risk losing or damaging Clarisonic during travel. My skin is not as smooth and tendency for clogged pores and breakout is significantly increased while using Pro-X.

The brush rotates at very low frequency and simply is not compete with Clarisonic at cleasning and exfoliation. It also uses AA batteries and it's a nightmare to change. If you are calculating net cost, Pro-X is probably not much cheaper for 2-3 yr use due to the constant need to replace batteries. P&G designed in the battery approach to help business for their battery division.

Pro-X does a better job than normal manual cleansing, but its performance trail that of Clarisonic. However, I still think this is a decent choice for the suitcase or for when you want to leave your Clarisonic at home.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by DeannaKeenan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I'll just add another "I love it" to the list here. I'd love a Clarisonic, but seriously can't justify spending so much money on one. I have used a Clarisonic, & for the price...this isn't bad! It feels sooo good & I enjoy my time using it. I don't regret getting this item AT ALL!!!!!! You get what you pay for, so no it's not as great as a Clarisonic...but it's still VERY nice, in my opinion. My skin hasn't been this smooth in a long time, & it's so easy to use. It takes some work for me to get this type of exfoliation using just my fingertips & an exfoliating product, so I am very happy with this tool!