July 30, 2014 | 2017 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by CharlieSheenMakeupFiend

I basically read as many reviews as possible beofre writing mine, whats interesting to me is that people seem to think physical exfoliation is the key to better skin, it is definetly instant gratification but in no way compares to the benefits of chemical exfoliation. I have used the Clarisonic and theres no doubt it feels pretty awesome but it in no WAY justifies the insane price. I bought the Olay and love it but I am not delusional enough to think it will stop me from getting wrinkles, I depend on chemical exfoliants to do that for me.... that being said I must say that the Olay does an amazing job at cleaning my skin and helps the circulation of my skin and gives it an overall better appearance. I notice alot of people hwo use this product have acne.....DO NOT USE THIS OR THE CLARISONIC OR OLAY ON ANY PIMPLES! it will scrape the skin cause scarring and on top on that spread the bacteria. It is ok to use on a pimple that has no head yet ( the circulation will help it come to a head)... but do NOT use it on any pimples... mark my words, it may make it look good at first but the scarring wil show and trust me (from experience), it aint pretty. So my overall oppinion is simple.... yes the Clarisonic feels amazing and makes your skin feel so smoothe (initially) but the Pro X by Olay will do the same thing and in a much more safer manner. I must also say that you do not or should not push or the brush just gently press it into your skin and let it do its things cause pushing it into the skin will hurt the skin and the brush will slow down and come to a stand still. Honestly.. you'll save alot of money buying the pro x and you'll get the same results- a nice feeling deep cleaning experience.. just don't forget about chemical exfoliants.. they are what truly works, and also don't forget to wear an spf everyday (becauseif you use glycolic or retinol during the day without an spf you're skin will have a photo toxic reaction.. it will only make hyperpigmentation and wrinkles WORSE.. if you wear an spf you'll be safe and get benefits at the same time) because no 165 dollar clarison or 30 dollar olay will make up for NOT wearing spf.. a 15 or more

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a few days, and am disappointed in how slow the oscillation is. It does have two speeds, but even the highest speed is still slower than I would prefer. I've used this with the cleanser that came with the unit. It is an exfoliating cleanser, and makes sense to use with the brush. It was hard to find! I've gone to two Walgreens, and they were sold out. I haven't decided whether or not to return this. I really want a Clarisonic, but won't allow myself to spend $ on it - and no one I'm close with would consider buying me a $150 face brush - they'd rather give me $150 cash, and I'd likely spend it paying bills! I've had the Pretika cleaning brush as well, and was more impressed with the speed of that unit, but didn't love it, and ultimately swapped that as well. The Olay Pro-X cleansing system was $29.99 at Walgreens.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this brush for about 2 months and I love it! I, too, can't afford to try a Clarisonic, so I thought this would be a good alternative.
You really can use this with any cleanser. I've used it with the renewing one that it came with, a Cetaphil bar, the Olay foaming sensitive skin gel stuff, and the Neutrogena Stress Control foam, and it works with all of them. My skin is so smooth and supple. I have acne and it buffs away the flakes of drying pimples and it gently flattens any nodules I might have. I used to use it twice a day but now I only use it in the morning - it makes my makeup go on so much easier.
This is a great, gentle way to exfoliate and I think it'll work for everyone. The cleanser that it comes with is overpriced so just use whatever you have in your cabinet. It's worth the money and then some.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by loanlou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this system, I actually wanted a clarisonic, buuutttt it couldn't pay $200, so I got this instead. This tool is amazing and cleans your skin nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Joamy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews here at MUA i decided to purchase this item and boy am i glad i did. At first when i looked at the brush i thought it was too soft to do anything but when i washed my face with it my face has never felt cleaner...i couldnt believe it. I had really bad break outs around my jawline and after using this for 2 days the break outs were gone. I also love how the brush feels while rotating...... it definitely feels like a spa treatment. Highly recommend it and i really dont see the need for a clarisonic if you got this.

******
Update

Ive been using it now for a couple of months and i still love it. I used it with neutrogena grapefruit face wash and its been my skin holy grail. I stopped using it for a week (i was really busy that whole week) and my skin started to break out. Once i used it again the breakouts were gone. I try to wash my face by sections...forehead, cheeks, chin and nose. I try spending about 30 sec in each section and when im done my skin is perfection!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Kunko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I have always wanted a clarsonic, but since I'm still in college I could never afford to shell out the major bucks to purchase one. When an MUA friend recommended this to me, I was a little suspicious, but it must have been fate because in the following week my mom handed me a coupon for this system and I've fallen in love. My skin is smoother, well my face has always been soft and bouncy like a Japanese skin commercial, but it definitely looks healthier so I'm not ashamed to walk around makeup free.

Just to make sure it was actually this system I stopped using it for a week. My skin looked horrible compared to what it was, I still have a couple bumps on my skin from the break I took from the system. I will definitely continue to use this brush until I can afford to try the clarsonic.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've never used the Clarisonic as I could NOT bring myself to shell out $120 for an oscillating brush...so I was thrilled when this came out. For background info: I have clog-prone, combination skin with a million flakes and blackheads. This makes my skin super smooth, and my moisturizer does absorb much better. My cheeks are particularly prone to blackheads and this has cut back on those as well - the few zits I get now heal much faster and the scars fade very quickly. This has greatly simplified my routine - now I just wash my face once a day, at night, with this and cetaphil, followed by cerave moisturizer. I used to use alpha hydrox AHA cream routinely but I can get away with using this once every 2 weeks now!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by RachelLauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this facial brush. I have wanted a face brush forever, but the high prices on other brands held me back. I bought this a couple months ago and have been using it about 3 times a week. It leaves my face feeling smooth, and I like the feel of the scrubbing head on my face, kinda like a spa treatment! I would highly recommend trying this if you are hesitating to spend big bucks on other brands. (I was worried about using this with my dry skin, but this has actually made it look better)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by mizwright

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to add this to my skincare regimen and I'm surely glad I did. I'm acne prone so I wanted to make sure all makeup, dirt, and oil was removed at the end of the day. I use my fav cleanser (Clinique) instead of the sample Olay cleanser that came with it. Afterwards, my face feels so clean and refreshed! After the 1st use, my skin already felt smoother. This is so worth the $30(@ CVS or Walgreens)!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by CheerGirl3

I really like this brush. I got it at Target for $38.75 and it was definetly a worthwhile purchase. I don't have or ever have had a Clarasonic to compare it to, but that thing is almost $200 and my friend uses and both of us get the same results.

The first time I used it, I used the cleanser that came with it and started out with the slower setting and then I went to the faster setting for the same amount of time. It worked really well, and I definetly liked the way it cleaned my skin and the way my skin looked after I had used it.

Now I use both the fast and slow setting when I wash it but I use my normal face wash because I like the cleaner that came with it but I don't like the way it smells, it smells gross and I always would try not to smell it. They both give me the same results so yeah, I will just use the one that smells better.

I would definetly recommend this product.