October 26, 2014 | 873 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by amyang

i had high hopes for this product but not great enough for me. It was i think 30 dollars, not worth it. It only spins in one direction and not multi direction like other spin brushes. what am i going to get out of one direction spinner. it didnt seem to do anything for me and i returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by BumbleBee5296

I really love this product. I've only been using it for approx. 2 weeks however I noticed a huge difference in my skin! (I have also changed some other products in my routine as well). But regardless, I love this and I would definitely recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by trancewh0re

I've been using this product for about 3 months and haven't noticed a difference in the texture of my skin. Also, I'm a bit confused on how the brush head stays clean. I wash my face with it in the morning & again at night after removing my makeup. But all the dirt & oil on my face transfers onto the brush, and when the brush head is dry, it feels a bit greasy. Seems like I'm washing my face with an oily brush head...and it wouldn't make sense to replace the brush every other day. Help??

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by sholden

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using the cleanser for a few months so, after reading such great things about this cleansing system, I decided to give it a try. Got it on amazon for under $24.00. It's easy to use although I do find it a bit abrasive. It stings a bit and I find I need to apply moisturizer immediately after using it. Consequently, I only use this cleansing system 2-3 times a week. However, my face does feel clean and I'm sure I'm removing makeup, etc my thoroughly. Worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my new HG product! I use it in the morning and night. I have been wanting a Clarsonic for a few months, but i'm glad I purchased this one instead. I don't have a Clarsonic to compare this to, but I think this product is just amazing. My skin feels so clean and fresh. My break outs have almost vanished completely. I have been using this for 3 weeks now and I haven't gotten a pimple yet... I'm Impressed!! Also, I have been using the cleanser it came with and I love it as well. I just purchased the full size last week.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by caartist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hate to spoil the good review streak here... P&G put this product out as a less expensive but equally good alternative to Clarisonic but this does NOT compete. I have a Clarisonic but travel a lot for work, so I decided to get this unit for my suitcase, and not want to risk losing or damaging Clarisonic during travel. My skin is not as smooth and tendency for clogged pores and breakout is significantly increased while using Pro-X.

The brush rotates at very low frequency and simply is not compete with Clarisonic at cleasning and exfoliation. It also uses AA batteries and it's a nightmare to change. If you are calculating net cost, Pro-X is probably not much cheaper for 2-3 yr use due to the constant need to replace batteries. P&G designed in the battery approach to help business for their battery division.

Pro-X does a better job than normal manual cleansing, but its performance trail that of Clarisonic. However, I still think this is a decent choice for the suitcase or for when you want to leave your Clarisonic at home.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by DeannaKeenan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I'll just add another "I love it" to the list here. I'd love a Clarisonic, but seriously can't justify spending so much money on one. I have used a Clarisonic, & for the price...this isn't bad! It feels sooo good & I enjoy my time using it. I don't regret getting this item AT ALL!!!!!! You get what you pay for, so no it's not as great as a Clarisonic...but it's still VERY nice, in my opinion. My skin hasn't been this smooth in a long time, & it's so easy to use. It takes some work for me to get this type of exfoliation using just my fingertips & an exfoliating product, so I am very happy with this tool!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Norita_em

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just got this last night, so have only used it once. Already, I can see that my skin looks smoother, with less bumps and flakes. Love it so far, especially for that price ($30). My skin is really prone to ugly break outs and "under the skin" pimples, but seems to tolerate this very well. Skin feels fresh, clean and smooth. Love it!
update: I see a few ladies on here saying that there is still residual makeup on their skin after using this. I wash my face first (just a quick swipe with some cleanser to get the majority of my make up off) THEN I use this. This 2-step process may seem time consuming, but it's sooo worth it. My face is totally clean afterwards, plus the bristles don't get all clogged up with makeup. Just a tip!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this around Christmas, but I have been religiously using it every night for about the past two months. Like a lot of people, I have always wanted a Clarisonic but cannot afford it :[ I definitely think that this brush is helping my skin A LOT. I have really combination/sensitive skin and I am super prone to hormonal breakouts and get really bad blackheads on my cheeks/nose area. While I have changed my whole skin care routine over the past few months, I think the combination of using this brush and sticking with a routine have really helped my face. My pores on my cheeks look so much smaller, and my blackheads are almost completely gone. I like that it has two speeds because different areas of my face need more attention than others.
Overall, great product for a great price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by maggiemm

I have been using this product for two months & feel it has definitely helped my skin - exfoliates very well, leaves my skin feeling very clean and smooth; plus my Vivier vitamin C serum seems to soak in faster and be more effective when I apply it right after using the Pro-X brush. I like to start the brush by running it for a few seconds on a bit of cleanser held in the palm of my hand, so that the brush is consistently soft and soapy on my face.
After two months my pores look smaller & most blackheads are cleared out; I'm using it in conjunction with Retin-A and aspirin masks so I appreciate the way it removes any skin flakes. Definitely worth the $30 price tag.

Update: I have used this once every day for the past ten months. It has been one of the best things ever for my skin. No break-outs, improved texture and pores are less noticeable. HG!