August 21, 2014 | 1785 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by maggiemm

I have been using this product for two months & feel it has definitely helped my skin - exfoliates very well, leaves my skin feeling very clean and smooth; plus my Vivier vitamin C serum seems to soak in faster and be more effective when I apply it right after using the Pro-X brush. I like to start the brush by running it for a few seconds on a bit of cleanser held in the palm of my hand, so that the brush is consistently soft and soapy on my face.
After two months my pores look smaller & most blackheads are cleared out; I'm using it in conjunction with Retin-A and aspirin masks so I appreciate the way it removes any skin flakes. Definitely worth the $30 price tag.

Update: I have used this once every day for the past ten months. It has been one of the best things ever for my skin. No break-outs, improved texture and pores are less noticeable. HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I always wanted to try Clairsonic but found it way too expensive. I noticed my sis-in-law had this in her bathroom and that's when I decided to research about the Olay Pro-X and decided to buy it thanks to the high reviews here in Makeupalley.
So I bought it during a trip to Bellingham. It was 29.99 usd (+tax) in Wal-mart. This came with a small (almost tester sized) Olay scrub and 1 duracell AAA battery. I noticed that Target also sold it the same price. Although, I saw in Costco it was 37 usd with a huge container of the Olay scrub. Honestly I couldn't careless about the scrub. I just use whatever cleanser I have, lather it up then spread on my face. I then use the low speed setting of the brush and go around my face as instructed for about a minute.
I've been using this for a week now and I can see that my skin is nicer and more supple.
So far, I'm happy with the results. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by soenchanting3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. Like most people on here I couldn't justify spending over a hundred dollars on a clarisonic. But this product worked wonders on my skin for only 30 dollars. I have pretty bad cystic acne on my chin and jawline and blackheads on my cheeks. I was on accutane a couple years ago and I've been looking for products that could make my skin as clear and smooth as accutane did without the health risks. I use this brush with the epicuren discovery medicated wash for about a minute twice a day and my skin is beautiful. My skin literally glows without makeup, I have no more blackheads or cysts and I couldn't be happier. I think this brush really opens up the pores and makes my other products more effective. Plus its soothing and a nice little every day luxury : )

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by CharlieSheenMakeupFiend

I basically read as many reviews as possible beofre writing mine, whats interesting to me is that people seem to think physical exfoliation is the key to better skin, it is definetly instant gratification but in no way compares to the benefits of chemical exfoliation. I have used the Clarisonic and theres no doubt it feels pretty awesome but it in no WAY justifies the insane price. I bought the Olay and love it but I am not delusional enough to think it will stop me from getting wrinkles, I depend on chemical exfoliants to do that for me.... that being said I must say that the Olay does an amazing job at cleaning my skin and helps the circulation of my skin and gives it an overall better appearance. I notice alot of people hwo use this product have acne.....DO NOT USE THIS OR THE CLARISONIC OR OLAY ON ANY PIMPLES! it will scrape the skin cause scarring and on top on that spread the bacteria. It is ok to use on a pimple that has no head yet ( the circulation will help it come to a head)... but do NOT use it on any pimples... mark my words, it may make it look good at first but the scarring wil show and trust me (from experience), it aint pretty. So my overall oppinion is simple.... yes the Clarisonic feels amazing and makes your skin feel so smoothe (initially) but the Pro X by Olay will do the same thing and in a much more safer manner. I must also say that you do not or should not push or the brush just gently press it into your skin and let it do its things cause pushing it into the skin will hurt the skin and the brush will slow down and come to a stand still. Honestly.. you'll save alot of money buying the pro x and you'll get the same results- a nice feeling deep cleaning experience.. just don't forget about chemical exfoliants.. they are what truly works, and also don't forget to wear an spf everyday (becauseif you use glycolic or retinol during the day without an spf you're skin will have a photo toxic reaction.. it will only make hyperpigmentation and wrinkles WORSE.. if you wear an spf you'll be safe and get benefits at the same time) because no 165 dollar clarison or 30 dollar olay will make up for NOT wearing spf.. a 15 or more

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a few days, and am disappointed in how slow the oscillation is. It does have two speeds, but even the highest speed is still slower than I would prefer. I've used this with the cleanser that came with the unit. It is an exfoliating cleanser, and makes sense to use with the brush. It was hard to find! I've gone to two Walgreens, and they were sold out. I haven't decided whether or not to return this. I really want a Clarisonic, but won't allow myself to spend $ on it - and no one I'm close with would consider buying me a $150 face brush - they'd rather give me $150 cash, and I'd likely spend it paying bills! I've had the Pretika cleaning brush as well, and was more impressed with the speed of that unit, but didn't love it, and ultimately swapped that as well. The Olay Pro-X cleansing system was $29.99 at Walgreens.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this brush for about 2 months and I love it! I, too, can't afford to try a Clarisonic, so I thought this would be a good alternative.
You really can use this with any cleanser. I've used it with the renewing one that it came with, a Cetaphil bar, the Olay foaming sensitive skin gel stuff, and the Neutrogena Stress Control foam, and it works with all of them. My skin is so smooth and supple. I have acne and it buffs away the flakes of drying pimples and it gently flattens any nodules I might have. I used to use it twice a day but now I only use it in the morning - it makes my makeup go on so much easier.
This is a great, gentle way to exfoliate and I think it'll work for everyone. The cleanser that it comes with is overpriced so just use whatever you have in your cabinet. It's worth the money and then some.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by loanlou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this system, I actually wanted a clarisonic, buuutttt it couldn't pay $200, so I got this instead. This tool is amazing and cleans your skin nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Joamy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews here at MUA i decided to purchase this item and boy am i glad i did. At first when i looked at the brush i thought it was too soft to do anything but when i washed my face with it my face has never felt cleaner...i couldnt believe it. I had really bad break outs around my jawline and after using this for 2 days the break outs were gone. I also love how the brush feels while rotating...... it definitely feels like a spa treatment. Highly recommend it and i really dont see the need for a clarisonic if you got this.

******
Update

Ive been using it now for a couple of months and i still love it. I used it with neutrogena grapefruit face wash and its been my skin holy grail. I stopped using it for a week (i was really busy that whole week) and my skin started to break out. Once i used it again the breakouts were gone. I try to wash my face by sections...forehead, cheeks, chin and nose. I try spending about 30 sec in each section and when im done my skin is perfection!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Kunko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I have always wanted a clarsonic, but since I'm still in college I could never afford to shell out the major bucks to purchase one. When an MUA friend recommended this to me, I was a little suspicious, but it must have been fate because in the following week my mom handed me a coupon for this system and I've fallen in love. My skin is smoother, well my face has always been soft and bouncy like a Japanese skin commercial, but it definitely looks healthier so I'm not ashamed to walk around makeup free.

Just to make sure it was actually this system I stopped using it for a week. My skin looked horrible compared to what it was, I still have a couple bumps on my skin from the break I took from the system. I will definitely continue to use this brush until I can afford to try the clarsonic.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've never used the Clarisonic as I could NOT bring myself to shell out $120 for an oscillating brush...so I was thrilled when this came out. For background info: I have clog-prone, combination skin with a million flakes and blackheads. This makes my skin super smooth, and my moisturizer does absorb much better. My cheeks are particularly prone to blackheads and this has cut back on those as well - the few zits I get now heal much faster and the scars fade very quickly. This has greatly simplified my routine - now I just wash my face once a day, at night, with this and cetaphil, followed by cerave moisturizer. I used to use alpha hydrox AHA cream routinely but I can get away with using this once every 2 weeks now!