July 28, 2014 | 970 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by makeupbyjuliaC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation so much! I glides on my skin, blends perfectly looks absolutely amazing and lasts a really long time! I applies like no other foundation I've used! Drugstore or high end! The only thing I don't like is that i doesn't come in a good shade range which means the lightest color (Ivory) is a tad too dark for my NW20 skin. Also it does oxidize pretty badly which only makes the problem worse. Without the oxidization this would be absolutely perfect but it's still such an amazing foundation that I keep using it anyway! Sometimes I mix it with some white foundation to get the right color but it's really not that bad. I would recommend this foundation to anyone out there searching for medium coverage and a beautiful finish!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Shannap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to continue to use this foundation since it matched my skin tone perfectly, gave a great finish, lasted all day, and was inexpensive. But it made me break out with a few painful cysts, which I never get. It makes me sad, but nothing can be perfect. I would recommend girls to try this since it has so many awesome qualities, but if you have sensitive skin I would stay away. Too bad. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by zebrahead

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love this foundation!! it's the only one that actually works with my skin type without running or flaking up (ew!). the only problem is it doesn't last 25 hours, i find myself re-applying every 6 hours or so :\ still, best foundation i can find for so cheap!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Vibrant77

I had to find my closest shade online because the stores carry limited shades. I bought warm honey and although it is for tanned skin, it seems geared for red undertones than my yellow. Its light, gives medium buildable coverage, dries quickly, has a pleasant faint powdery scent, is a blendable liquid, and dries matte. The packaging has changed this month to a bottle according to Rimmel website, so no more plastic tube. Warm Honey shade seems discontinued so I'm happy I got this for the summer heat/humidity. Most of you will like the foundation and at $7, its a bargain. I wore mine for 9 hours straight and it has not rubbed off faded or smudged. You can set it with powder without it overdrying. I like it alot

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kristin39

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a nice surprise! I apply it with a damp sponge and go over any dark spots with a concealer brush. I give it a moment to dry and dust with mineral veil. The coverage is medium, but I can still see my skin so I don't feel too mask-like. I applied it at 6 am and when I finally looked in the mirror at 1 pm, I still looked fresh. Usually by then, I am shiny and my foundation has started to fade. I've used it about 4 times so far with no breakouts....I hope that continues as it tends to be the biggest reason that I must discontinue a foundation's use. Crossing my fingers for this little drug-store gem!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation. The shade range isn't the greatest, so the shade I got is a bit lighter than I usually prefer. It is medium-full coverage, and the lasting power is phenomenal. I can barely see any pores by the end of the day. I do, however, have dry skin. I don't like setting foundation with powder, and this was matte and lasted all day without needing to be set.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by emilychristine

When I first bought this foundation, I didn't like it. Because I am very pale, I thought it was too dark for my skintone even in the lightest shade. It also felt sticky on my face throughout the day. I bought it because of all the rave about it on this website and Youtube...so I decided to try it again and I'm glad I did! I realized that this actually matches my skin perfectly. I was so used to using Revlon Colorstay in the lightest shade..but it turns out Colorstay was actually too light for me, and Rimmel is just the right color. It gives me a nice, dewy, glowy finish, yet it doesn't look shiny and shimmery. It really does stay on for a very, very long time as well. I've noticed how fresh my skin looks even after I've been spent twelve hours away from home at school and work! It is amazing.
A little bit of this goes a long way, so it really will last for quite some time. It doesn't look cakey, but yet you can build the coverage if you wish. It doesn't highlight any of the dry areas of my face. The only con I can think of is that it leaves my face slightly oily on my t-zone at the end of the day. It is annoying, but it doesn't get oily until after about eight hours.
For the price (ranges from six to eight dollars), I would say this is a fantastic foundation. It works better than almost any other foundation I've tried (and they all were much more expensive).
I'd recommend this!! (:

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by jptakesdc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG foundation!! This is inexpensive and effective. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin with large pores and this doesn't look even the slightest bit powdery and cakey on me- it's very creamy and natural! Nobody even notices that I have makeup on but it covers all of my acne and acne scars, no other coverage needed! The only thing is I'd suggest moisturizing first. :) I apply this with my fingertips and voila, I am ready to take on the day. I'd recommend this to anyone who has been struggling to find a good foundation! I tried Revlon, Covergirl, Physicians Formula, and many other drugstore brands before this and some of them were okay but this is by far my favorite. What a gem! Please never discontinue this, Rimmel, I'd be heartbroken after my long search! This is great for medium coverage or can be built for nearly full coverage. A true day to night makeup!!! If you're tired of searching, try this!!!

Edit: I now prefer Clean Finish because it leaves my face looking flawless and cheaper! But this one is still great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Me: NC 15-20 in Mac; Fairly Light in EM. Slightly drier cheeks, slightly oiler t-zone. Slight rosacea (subtype I - blushing) on my cheeks, nose, chin.

I only use long wearing mu products. I have been using EM pretty much 95% of the time for a few years. (I also use Pur Minerals when bored.) However, this winter, my skin got noticeably drier and I decided to try to find a long-wearing liquid foundation to shake things up a bit. I've worn for 2 weeks in #100 Ivory.

Cheap, love the tube (great for travel). Lasts 8-10 hours on me w/out any makeup setting spray (lasts 14 hours w/ Urban Decay All Nighter). Sinks in nicely to my skin (I apply w/ my slightly moistened BeautyBlender sponge). Great pigment = covers my slight rosacea beautifully. No skin irritation/breakouts.

Bottom line = I will keep this little gem in my regular foundation rotation!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ashlicita

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have been rebuying this foundation for years, after a recommendation on Youtude. I love it. It provides very heavy coverage, but doesn't feel too thick on my skin. The tube is a little utilitarian, but it's an $8 drug store foundation. It does the job! I'll keep rebuying since it prevents my skin from getting oily and, while I haven't tested it for 25 hours, it can make it through the work day.