October 24, 2014 | 1620 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by LowraLamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used about half of the jar, and I can say that yes it moisturizes ok and it absorbs quickly. BUT, it makes my face shiny. I don't have super oily skin and don't have problems with shinyness other than occasionally in the tzone. This makes my WHOLE face shiny. Sad, because I really liked the gel texture and the cooling feeling when applied.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by rocksister

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the best moisturizer for my skin type! I have tried countless other moisturizers before I found this one, and this one was the best bar none! It's very light; not greasy and it dries up quickly and moisturizes just as fast. My skin has definitely improved using this every morning!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 6:22:00 AM More reviews by therightamt

Love this stuff! My T-zone is always oily and my cheeks have been soooo dry the past few months and this stuff is great. I love how it has like a cooling feel to it when you put it on. There is a light clean fragrant scent to it. Non irritating as some other moisturizers tend to be on my skin. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the product seems to be used up fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by caileydawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

LOVE!! I have exremely dry skin around my nose and cheeks, and this works wonders for my skin. I also use the facewash, and the day moisturizer with spf. They are all fantastic. Highly recommend to anyone with dry or sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

I got this moisturizer for free and I really like it. Melts into your skin and feels so lightweight. Used to use Olay complete for sensitive skin, but I really like this better. Photographs nice too since it contains no sunscreen. Garnier makes the moisture rescue lotion with an spf too, but my foundation already has one so its redundant to have both. Smells nice, softens skin, and makes makeup application a breeze even with no primer. Its around 8 or 9 at most walgreens.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by sam9745

I love this stuff! I have acne prone skin, and it didn't break me out whatsoever or make me too greasy or anything like that. also, acts as a wonderful base for makeup. It leaves my skin smooth and soft, and not sticky or filmy, so makeup goes on top of it perfectly. this stuff also dries very quickly so you don't feel like you have a layer of stuff on your face while you wait for it to dry. I understand the complaints about the packaging, but it doesn't really bother me. I like the glass container, and it reminds me of the clinique gel cream. just to mention one other thing, i bought garnier's moisture rescue lightweight lotion in the pump bottle. that one i like but the gel cream in my opinion is much better!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by nmariec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this stuff -- it's like Clinique's Moisture Surge, except you can get it at the drugstore. It feels light and refreshing and absorbs quickly but is super moisturizing. It works wonders on trouble spots if you have some dry patches on your face.

The only thing is the packaging, it's in a glass jar with a lid and might be more convenient in a pump or something. Still would purchase again. Would love a travel size package too, hint hint!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by DwFaN1234

the reason i got this was because i wanted something cheaper than the moisture surge from clinique. so far moisture rescue has proven to be a drugstore dupe for many of the department store gel creams that i have tried like clinique's and lancome's. it works just has good as them but costs a fraction of the the price i would definitely recommend it to people who wants a cheaper alternative to their department store gel creams.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by siobhan9705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin that dries out, but I also have a problem with breaking out, so I find it very hard to find a good face cream that will keep my skin mosturized, without clogging my pores and making more breakouts.

I used up my jar of my usual Garnier Skin Renew Cream that I love, so went to buy more and found the Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel Cream was on sale for $10 so I thought I would give it a try.

It's alright, but it sort of leaves my skin feeling a little sticky. I think it would be good for people with oily skin. I don't really like it though.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this moisturizer ever since it's release last year and my skin absolutely loves it. I have oily skin in general but do have some dryness between my eyebrows and on the sides of my nose. I do use the moisturizer all over my face and find that it does hydrate those dry patches yet does not overmoisturize the oily spots. I love the gel texture - it's lightweight, non-greasy and and my skin immediately drinks it in. It feels refreshing and cool when applied, and has a light, clean scent. There is virtually no absorption or "dry-down" time for me and my skin does not feel sticky or tacky. It feels soft, smooth and hydrated. I love the way this makes my face look and feel invigorated and I have not experienced any adverse skin issues since using this. The fact that this comes in a jar that you have to dip your fingers into does not bother me, however, I do wish that the jar was plastic instead of glass. I could see it creating a giant mess if you were to accidentally drop it on the tile floor in your bathroom or if it were to break in your travel bag. I purchased this at Target for $6.99 which I think is a fabulous deal. This has become a staple in my daily routine and I will continue to repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No