April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by glitterkitteneyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Texture is amazing. I love the cold gel cream sensation when applied after toning. I've got oily skin but do suffer from the seasonal dry spots in the winter.

I favor this cream at night before bedtime, a little moisture to keep my skin hydrated. My face doesn't feel oily when I wake-up, just a tad bit refreshed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by mmmMarilyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this - I've used it once so far - but I forgot to put it on today if that tells you anything. It felt a smidge sticky on my skin but was otherwise nice and refreshing. My makeup looked fine all day. I'll try and remember to put this on for a few more days and update this review!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ed100866

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only moisturizer I've ever been able to use that doesn't break me out and doesn't add any extra shine to my skin. My skin is normally quite oily, but I get dry patches in the winter because of the drier air and indoor heating.

All skin can become dry for 2 different reasons: lack of oil or lack of water (or in some cases, both). This moisturizer works so well on oily skin because it adds WATER to your skin, not oil. It's light, refreshing, and it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by yk447

OH WOW. So I bought this gel-cream for maybe 5 or 6 bucks at Target not expecting much, but it is so amazing! No other moisturizer controls oil like this one. I've tried Olay, Aveeno (which breaks me out), Neutrogena (which never worked for me), RoC, and Cetaphil (too heavy), but by the end of the day, I would have used about 4-6 sheets of oil blotting paper. It might seem a bit excessive but if I sweat, the oil would travel down to my eyes and irritate them so I had to. But since I started using this product, I haven't even reached out for oil blotting sheets. My face is not perfectly matte, but it's definitely not greasy to the touch. I actually don't use the product by itself but with other cream, however, I always use this first and that seems to control the oil perfectly fine.

However, I must admit I hate the smell. It kind of smells like typical Garnier hair product gone awry. It's not intolerable but I'd rather it be scent-free because it does bother me somewhat. Also, it doesn't moisturize perfectly. I notice that I get chapped areas on my face, especially if it was windy outside. Plus, it's a bummer that this product doesn't contain any SPF. And lastly, just as a warning, the cream is very cold. It's not off-putting to me but perhaps because it is a light cream/gel, it is cold to the touch.

I'm not too fanatic about the jar packaging, but I figure it could be worse.

All in all, a really great product. I've never been so oil-free in my life and I have not broken out either! :) I'd recommend it for oily skin and also sensitive skin, but I feel as though it does not moisturize adequately enough for dry skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i just bought this product couple months ago since it was on sale.. i think it was like five bucks at CVS. i wasn't really expecting much of this product.. since i just bought it b/c i thought it was cheap and i needed a new moisturizer since my clinique gel moisturizer was running out. when i used this i was like eh whatever.. didn't really take much notice of it.. last week i saw this product on my counter.. and i was like .. ehh should use it since i bought it.. and DUDE THIS moisturizer is pretty amazing for its price :). it doesn't cause any break out (at least for now :p) .. i use this in the day time and use my origins rejuvenating treatment moisturizer at night.. i love both of them HG until i find another product better.......which is probably not going to happen in a while :) .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Quartersnpaints7

I LOVE this moisturizer! It is light, cool and refreshing and it soaks in fast without leaving a oily residue. If you have oily skin, this stuff really helps control it and it leaves my skin super soft. Winter months usually leave my face dried out, itchy and flaky but this moisturizer takes all of that away. I use clinique moisturizer in the morning with my makeup and after my shower at night, I put this moisturizer on and I think I actually like it a lot better than cliniques! Plus the price is great... wish it was available in a tube tho! : ))

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this moisturizer. It is super light, fresh, and clean. It smells great. It is a small tub, so in my cheapness it is a bit expensive but face care is worth much more than I paid. It sort of feels like wiping gel deodorant or hair gel on your face, but it is great because it doesn't get your hair greasy, but still leaves nice, smooth skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this for my 14 year old and tried it several times. Wow, is it lovely! Smells great, absorbs wonderfully and no breakouts for her (or me). Great find! I recently had to get myself a jar. I can't say that it has any sort of "magic" ingredients (no retinol, etc) but my Gawd, it's such a pleasurable experience to use! It's a cool, pale minty green, see-through gel that smells lightly of cucumber - just VERY fresh. I can't get enough of the smell!
UPDATE: I am ADDICTED to this, the smell, the feel....I just wish it had better ingredients, I mean it has no pore cloggers but I wish it had something exciting like niacinamide or squalene or hyaluronic acid...maybe vit C...anything good!! lol and no alcohol. But I am hooked regardless.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oily Skinned Ladies this moisturizer-gel is perfect for you!!! its light and cool and feels soo nice on. especially if you leave it in the fridge and put it on right out of the shower (or bath). this leaves my (oily, acne prone skin feeling perfectly balanced. most moisturizers are too heavy and greasy or leave me flaky in areas and oily in other areas but this product hasnt! paid only $7.99 for this at walgreens. another reviewer compared it as a dupe for Cliniques moisture surge and she hit the nail exactly on the head. defanately HG for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by gina32675

In the winter my skin gets very dry with flaky patches on my face. This year seems to be worse than ever. For the past few days, it has been so bad that it actually hurt and started turning red in a lot of areas. I picked up a jar of this today - after standing in the store for what seemed like forever - and this was such a great find! My skin feels better than it has felt in days, refreshed...redness gone, dry patches and flakes - gone! It feels so nice and refreshing putting it on - with a hint of a cooling sensation and with no greasy feel. A little seems to go a long way. And this is was with only one application! I'm sold. I rarely write reviews for products, but I am so happy with this, I just had to share!