July 23, 2014 | 1593 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:49:00 AM More reviews by jcid819

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really don't think this stuff works. I got it as a deluxe sample and I used it a bunch of times, and I didn't notice a difference. For eyeshadow priming I suggest Urban Decay Primer Potion/Too Faced Shadow Insurance...and for concealer I don't think there's anything you can put underneath it that will make it last longer...save your money and invest in a good concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by jeanettemarfil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product about two weeks ago n let me tell u I was not happy with it! It didnt work for me it did not do what it claims it does I bought it ad a primer for eye shadow n although u could easily blend the shadows after a couple of hours they will crease! The container has a pump n one pump waists more product than what u would needn tjetes no way of puttong it back in! One thing that I did like is that its a different consistancy from other primers u could use it as a light Concealer! But I would not purchase it again n ill go back to my Mac paint pots! Its also pricey for what it does n I'm returning to the store!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by rosebud87

I love BeneFit products- so much so that I didnt even ask for a sample when this product came out. I just bought it assuming that it would be amazing. Overall, I am SO DISAPPOINTED! The pump dispenses way TOO MUCH for one use and I feel like I am wasting so much of the product.

It does an adequate job of keeping the shadow in place- but it didnt last for me through an entire 9 hour work day. I do have oily lids, but I have used other primers that took me through an entire day- or at least until I checked my makeup while I was stuck in commute traffic.

It took me about a week or two to get the right application and blending techniques. Even then, I noticed it changes the color of my favorite go-to NARS eyeshadows. I feel as if the color of Stay Don't Stray is a lot lighter than my actual skin tone (Mac NC35)

I am attempting to hang in there and make this product work for me, but I definitely will not be buying this product again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

Been using this all over the lid and below the eye. It brightens up the eye area and provides a good base for shadow and concealer and prevents it from creasing on the lid, but I do get some creases in my craggy under eye area, but I guess that can't be helped. The only complaint (also a big complaint on MUA) is that the pump bottle dispenses way too much product and I end up discarding a lot that I don't use. I pump it on the back of my left hand and apply with my right hand fingers.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2010 8:01:00 AM More reviews by PJULESP

Does not keep eye shadow in place. Very drying when used under concealer & pumps out too much product than is needed.
I will be returning this to the store.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by jewlz516

I was very excited to try this product after hearing about it online. A 360 degree primer around the eye sounded like a great idea! After I purchased this and tried it out for a few days I found that the primer works very well on my lids ( I actually liked it better than Urban Decay's) with no creasing by the end of the day! As for priming the under eye area, it was awful! I tried it with 3 different concealers to make sure it wasn't the concealer that was creasing. My concealer is much better off without this product. As for the packaging, IT IS AWFUL !! The pump sounds like a good idea except it doesn't let you control the amount of product it dispenses! You end up wasting a ton of product each time you use it, which is a complete waste of your money. Overall : worked very well as a eye base only, but due to the frustrating packaging I will not be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by loissipher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this once I figured out that if you tap the top instead of pump it all the way down half a drop comes out instead of a teaspoon full. 2 taps in enough for each eye. I'm more mature in the eye area and loved the way it made both the my top lid and my under eye look not so much like crepe paper. I can get away with shimmer on the top again and don't have to powder my under eye to make my concealer stay.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I am one of the biggest Benefit fans of all time and I am incredibly disappointed in this product.

The good news is that it has lots of silicones that sit on top of my lines and doesn't sink in and accentuate them.

The bad news?
1) The packaging is terrible. Way too much comes out of the pump and the product dribbles down the side of the pump. Ugh.
2) My shadow creases MORE on me when I use this than when I don't. Isn't that the exact opposite of what's supposed to happen?

Back you go to Macy's -- I'll stick with my Erase Paste.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used 100 sephora points to get a pretty good sized sample of this. It's a tiny tube w/a doe foot applicator, so I can't speak to the good or bad of the full size bottle, this one is easy to use. I was very excited to try this, but it is a total failure IMO. I've used this several days now and it looks nice on the under eye area upon application, brightening and seems to have a bit of coverage. As a eye primer it looks very much like the original udpp, and there the similarities end. Creased within 2 hours each time I've used it, and that just is not acceptable in a world in which many good primers already exist. I've learned to like a couple of benefit products, it seems to me they throw a ton of adorable, mediocre products against the wall just to see if they stick. This one did not stick, eyeshadow or otherwise! Lol

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

Stay Donít Stray is absolutely, without question, one of the worst eye shadow primers Iíve ever used. By the end of the day my eyeliner had joined my eye shadow in the crease of my eyelid. I havenít had creasing like that in I donít know how long! I followed the directions to a T, patting three small dots on top of my lid and underneath. I loved how my eye area looked instantly brightened after applying, but thatís all I liked. I like the idea of a pump, but as others have all ready stated, unless you can do half a pump, way too much product comes out and for the price, thatís not acceptable. Back to Sephora!