August 22, 2014 | 1141 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

This worked for me but will not be repurchasing because of the pump. It dispenses way toooo much product. I've tried many ways to gentle push on the pump but it still gives me toooo much. I have others that work just as well without all the hassle. I'll use it at night when I have time to tangle with it.

For me, the product does keep my e/s in placed all day without creasing and that pretty nice and the color blends well on my lids. It's just too bad that it's such a hassle to get the right amount of product out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by ralcan01

i went to the Benefit Brow Bar in SF and had an MUA give me a makeover... I actually bought this product a few weeks earlier and hated it; and i think it was because i didn't know how to use it... the MUA first applied Ooh la lift, then stay don't stray, just a tid bit though.. followed by some kind of gorgeous in deep and hello flawless in i'm cute as a bunny.... we all know that MUAs have the magic wand to pull off your looks, the test is when you get home the next day... well i was on vaca and was able to recreate my look in the hotel using the techniques he showed me! no concealer needed!!! and i have horrible dark circles.. i use my index finger to lightly tap the pump so not too much comes out.. i hope they can find a better airpump for this product though...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by icepunkprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this, but it burned the skin around my eyes on application, make my eyeshadows crease, change color and mix together. I wore MAC gleam on my lids and a dark brown contour, and in a few hours the brown mixed with Gleam and made it brown, too. my eyeshadow creases in 2-3 hours. I also wore it with a different brown and in a few hours it looked orange. I don't even know why it burns my skin...crazy. It did make my concealer look amazing and last longer, but I don't wear concealer often, so it isn't worth $24. This was my first experience with Benefit, and it wasn't happy...sigh.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:49:00 AM More reviews by jcid819

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really don't think this stuff works. I got it as a deluxe sample and I used it a bunch of times, and I didn't notice a difference. For eyeshadow priming I suggest Urban Decay Primer Potion/Too Faced Shadow Insurance...and for concealer I don't think there's anything you can put underneath it that will make it last longer...save your money and invest in a good concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by jeanettemarfil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product about two weeks ago n let me tell u I was not happy with it! It didnt work for me it did not do what it claims it does I bought it ad a primer for eye shadow n although u could easily blend the shadows after a couple of hours they will crease! The container has a pump n one pump waists more product than what u would needn tjetes no way of puttong it back in! One thing that I did like is that its a different consistancy from other primers u could use it as a light Concealer! But I would not purchase it again n ill go back to my Mac paint pots! Its also pricey for what it does n I'm returning to the store!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by rosebud87

I love BeneFit products- so much so that I didnt even ask for a sample when this product came out. I just bought it assuming that it would be amazing. Overall, I am SO DISAPPOINTED! The pump dispenses way TOO MUCH for one use and I feel like I am wasting so much of the product.

It does an adequate job of keeping the shadow in place- but it didnt last for me through an entire 9 hour work day. I do have oily lids, but I have used other primers that took me through an entire day- or at least until I checked my makeup while I was stuck in commute traffic.

It took me about a week or two to get the right application and blending techniques. Even then, I noticed it changes the color of my favorite go-to NARS eyeshadows. I feel as if the color of Stay Don't Stray is a lot lighter than my actual skin tone (Mac NC35)

I am attempting to hang in there and make this product work for me, but I definitely will not be buying this product again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

Been using this all over the lid and below the eye. It brightens up the eye area and provides a good base for shadow and concealer and prevents it from creasing on the lid, but I do get some creases in my craggy under eye area, but I guess that can't be helped. The only complaint (also a big complaint on MUA) is that the pump bottle dispenses way too much product and I end up discarding a lot that I don't use. I pump it on the back of my left hand and apply with my right hand fingers.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2010 8:01:00 AM More reviews by PJULESP

Does not keep eye shadow in place. Very drying when used under concealer & pumps out too much product than is needed.
I will be returning this to the store.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by jewlz516

I was very excited to try this product after hearing about it online. A 360 degree primer around the eye sounded like a great idea! After I purchased this and tried it out for a few days I found that the primer works very well on my lids ( I actually liked it better than Urban Decay's) with no creasing by the end of the day! As for priming the under eye area, it was awful! I tried it with 3 different concealers to make sure it wasn't the concealer that was creasing. My concealer is much better off without this product. As for the packaging, IT IS AWFUL !! The pump sounds like a good idea except it doesn't let you control the amount of product it dispenses! You end up wasting a ton of product each time you use it, which is a complete waste of your money. Overall : worked very well as a eye base only, but due to the frustrating packaging I will not be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by loissipher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this once I figured out that if you tap the top instead of pump it all the way down half a drop comes out instead of a teaspoon full. 2 taps in enough for each eye. I'm more mature in the eye area and loved the way it made both the my top lid and my under eye look not so much like crepe paper. I can get away with shimmer on the top again and don't have to powder my under eye to make my concealer stay.