BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

on 5/23/2010 6:43:00 AM

The product itself is actually quite good. I cannot live without concealer as I have dark hollows, so this does in fact help my concealer look better and last longer. My lids do get oily and again, it does help with with creasing.
Now for the reason why I will not buy this again - the stupid annoying pump that not only dispenses out enough for 12 people but on many occasion it splurts out with such force that I have got it on my clothes, hair and in my eyes.
Won't be buying again.

on 5/22/2010 11:07:00 PM

Total waste of money. My udpp works a million times better.

on 5/20/2010 12:36:00 PM

I purchased this at Sephora, the sales lady said it was the best! and I tried the tester! the first time, I pumped the product, a huge mess came out!!! like a pea size! fit for 5 people! I should of took this as a warning... she said tap, tap, tap the pump, and it will be ok! yes that works, but if you leave it for a day without tapping the product gets clogged in the hole! and again! a pea size comes out! Waste, Waste!
and in the morning I'm in a hurry...no time for careful tap, tap,!! plugged up!! This stuff works once its on your lids...but its Crap to get out!! I will never purchase this again!! UPDATE: I return this to Sephora without the box! just the receipt! and exchanged it for too Faced eyeshadow primer, in a tube! I enjoy the too face, its easier to get the product out, even in a hurry..

on 5/10/2010 10:01:00 PM

YOU MUST TAP LIGHTLY AND RAPIDLY! I wasted so much product the first two times i used this, i was mad cause its expensive. its not the best but not the worst, keeps makeup in place but definitly not a must have. But i find benefit face products to be a bit greasy in general so maybe the chalkly texture of "stay" is what
they had in mind to keep theyre other products in place.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Ugh. This was just plain awful for me. It didn't work as a primer or concealer. I tried using it every which way and it didn't work at all. As an eyelid primer it was really bad; it made my eye shadow muddy looking. Not worth it, I returned it to Sephora.

on 5/7/2010 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product would be great if the packaging was different. The pump dispenses too much for one application. It didn't work that well as an eye primer but it was great as a concealer/concealer primer. I would buy this product again if they got rid of the stupid pump.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This did nothing for me as an eye shadow primer as it creased and did not provide staying power for my eye shadows. However, it was a great under-eye concealer primer for me. I have dark blue/purple under eyes and (probably also because of my skin color) it already toned out alot of the darkness, so in that aspect, I really liked it. I just don't see myself spending $24 on this just for that use. Plus... the packaging/pump is HORRIBLE. it disperses sooooo much product, seriously, one pump lasts me over a week. I tried pushing down on the pump lightly to see if that would disperse less, but it didn't work. I wish that they would've had a doe foot applicator instead, like the sample I got from sephora had. I would've given this product the lowest score, but gave it two lipsticks b/c it does work for my under eye darkness.

I really wanted to like this product! I loved that it was tinted and could be used as a concealer as well. I have been looking for a product like this, however the execution was quite poor in my opinion. My eyeshadow did hold up longer than it would have had I forgone any primer, however after five hours it starts to show wear. Not ideal for the 24 dollar price tag... They were headed in the right direction with the packaging, but they again failed. Way too much product dispensed and no way to consistently control how much comes out. I returned this item after two weeks and purchased UD. Good thing Ulta has a great return policy!

on 4/26/2010 8:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I think so far this is my best beauty buy of 2010 XD altho I only had if for about a week so we shall see
Pros: it's a primer, but it's also pigmented enuf to be a concealer. I've been on the search for a concealer primer for ages and this comes along. I did notice that my concealer stays in place for longer. shame that it doesn't have any line filler effect tho, so don't expect it to smooth your eye area out before concealer (which was what I secretly hoped for) The formula doesn't dry my undereye area out, and it doesn't have the peeling/flaking effect i get with UDD eyeshadow insurance sometimes.
Cons: it's not cheap, and the pump design is bit of a nuisance, u have to be extra extra careful when u push down otherwise it's definitely too much products. BUT remember you can also use the 'leftovers' as a facial primer. I put on moisturizer and eye cream, put this around my eyes, and dab the excess around my nose/brows.

on 4/24/2010 2:30:00 PM

I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews of this. I do agree with the other reviewers that the packaging is sort of annoying in that the pump distributes too much product. However, it's more sanitary to me that way (rather than being out in the open like a MAC paint pot or in a wand-style like UD Primer Potion) -- but you just have to make sure to only tap it very gently. And, I only use like half a pea size for both of my eyes. The first time I used Stay Don't Stray, I used way too much, and it had the opposite effect, which made my eyeshadow creasy and my concealer cakey.

I find that if I only use half a pea size for both eyes, and tap both below and above the eyes and blend into the eyelid and the undereye area (making sure *not* to get too close to the tear duct) -- it works quite well at making my eyeshadows and my eyeliners last longer. I usually have a bad problem with any sort of pencil eyeliners smudging underneath my eye, but with this, I have minimal panda eyes.

I apply Stay Don't Stray first, then my foundation, then either YSL Touche Eclat or Dior Skinflash under the eyes. Since the primer already sort of conceals some of my dark circles, I find that using a heavier concealer is overkill.

I did take one lippie off, because this stuff is pricey ($24USD), and, as it is a matte beige color, it can dull some of my brighter shadows, but I have this problem with all beige primers, UD's included. I have not experienced any eye irritation, and I have quite sensitive eyes. Overall, I would probably repurchase. continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials