September 22, 2014 | 1895 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by brixham

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have had this for about 2 weeks - thanks to MUA reviews. Love it! Harsh winter plus dry (not-so-young anymore) lips to begin with... this product is a perfect fit for me. The only challenge is finding the right mix of lip liner (a "must" at my age) with the rose tint. Will be ordering more - for my purse, my desk at work...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Annyutka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is exactly what I had hoped for when I ordered it over a month ago: moisturizing, long-lasting, SPF15, and with a nice lip stain to boot! Plus, it has a very faint scent which is not bad at all. I love this product so much and use it every day! My only qualm is that it is a bit expen$ive but so far it's been worth all the pretty pennies I had to muster up to buy it.
No chapped lips for me this winter - just soft, kissable, pretty lips ;))) Also, the tube it comes in is really great - the way it screws on/off prevents the lip balm from being squished or smashed up into the top of the lid if closed without thinking.
One reviewer said that if used in cold weather that one may have difficulties with screwing on/off the lid. As someone who is outside everyday while braving either the arctic blasts of northern Russia or the frigid East Coast temps this winter, I have found nothing whatsoever that has prevented me from being able to use this lip product - with or without clumsy gloves on (or bare, painfully numbed fingers) or off!

I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by 123dawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So what happens when you feel your lips are your best feature, and you walk into Sephora and ask, "Is there a lipbalm that really works?". Well, if you're me, you walk out with a $22 tube of Sugar by Fresh Inc. because every SA totally swears by it. And then you try it for real, and think, "How could I not have known about this?" And then a week later, you're back to buy more, just in *case* it becomes hard-to-find (made in France, so not impossible, in my experience). To me, it is that good!
Let me clarify that it says it's a "lip treatment that moisturizes, repairs, and protect the lips". Put it this way - Sugar puts the *treat* in treatment! It's sooo yummy in so many ways that I want to say, just try it for a week and see - but it's $22, so that's completely not fair. First, it has an immediate smoothing, soothing sensation that I can only call luxurious. I just wish the $20+ l/s I've bought over the years felt this good. The SA said it has an exfoliating effect, and the very slight tingle might be doing that, but I can't be absolutely sure. (It is not a lip plumper, but it also doesn't have that stinging sensation - OTOH, I can say it sure doesn't hurt in that department.) I do know that an hour later my lips feel so soft and look smoother than I've had with any other product of its kind. Second, although I go for lipstick that has no fragrance (Clinique mostly), this light citrusy lime is something I now look forward to. Third, it lasts longer than any "balm" (and I've tried the usual d/s ones, in every variation) - at $22 I make sure I won't be eating or drinking for a while, because I want my $ worth. Fourth when I started to wonder if it's worth the price, I tried skipping it for a day - verdict: so worth it, IMHO, and I'm hooked.
I used this overnight in comparison with Clinique Superbalm (another fav) and while superbalm may have a slight edge for moisturizing, I prefer the effect of Sugar overall . Because my lips are full (like I said, my best feature), I find Sugar lasts longer, dollar for dollar, as I went through three superbalm ($12 each) in the time of one tube of Sugar - and that includes the casual days when I don't use l/s afterwards. Even the clear seems to give a slight rosiness for me, and the "Rose" is such a subtle pink that I grab whichever one is handy.
Finally, the packaging - it's the size of my luxury lipsticks (had to even make room in my clutch purse, which again speaks to my adoration of this product). The stick works like a regular lipstick (clockwise I guess?), but then the tube itself screws in counterclockwise to the sleeve. Different, but not too tricky - again at $22 I'm as careful as with my favorite l/s, so it's second nature in no time.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by waffle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous tint of sheer, medium pink color. The texture is thin and somewhere between slippery and waxy -- less slick than Rosebud Salve. But the color that it imparts is the best: universally flattering, neither too cool- or too warm-toned, dewy, and sheer. Yes, this is insanely expensive for a lip balm ($22) but the packaging is sturdy, with a metal casing and twist-top. Definitely my most favorite lip balm.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by DvineRevelation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the Starbright kit with the mascara and deluxe sample of brightener and lemon perfume. I have to say that paying $22 for a lip balm / treatment seems insane, but I followed the great words of others, and tried it out. This is a great product!

Pros: Great Color - rosey, just kissed look
Soft sheen - does give lips a bit of gloss
Not Sticky
non-annoying scent
extremetly emollient
screw cap

Cons: Super soft stick - was in my pants pocket for a couple of minutes and it was super melty
some might say that it is not pigmented enough
the smell, not all of us enjoy an overtly scented lipbalm
price

Hopes this helps some of you. I have had mine for over 5 months and I still have some product left. Expensive, but would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by cynthiafranck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I seriously bought this because I loved the packaging! Itís so cute! This product is kind of expensive for a lip treatment but I donít regret buying it at all. It really works and makes my lips really soft and gives then a rosy tint! Plus it has SPF 15 in it, which helps prevent wrinkles, which I think is a plus!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like many other reviewers, I was thinking this might be one of those products that doesn't live up to the hype. But I love it for the most part. It is the best moisturizing balm for daytime that I've tried, better than Korres butters and even Lipstick Queen Medieval in terms of moisture. This has even worked during sub-zero temperatures walking my over-zealous labrador retriever. Gets rid of the peeling & flaking I often have at this time of year. One shortcoming though for those of us with pigmented lips, on me the color does NOT show. Not at all. So I still end up using either the Korres or the LQ over this if I want color.

Needless to say, I feel a bit silly spending $22.50 on a lip balm that has no tint on me. I would love to find something similiar but a bit cheaper and with a tint that shows. This would likely need to be on sale for me to repurchase, but I marked yes because for right now if I lost this I would repurchase because it is so moisturizing. I do like also that it has sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to NOT like this lip balm because it is so grossly overpriced, just like its non-tinted version which I have purchased in the past. But I just tried this on at a Sephora and not only is it like butter cake frosting for your lips and tastes like heaven, but the red tint is just the perfect strawberry shade, not too cool and not too orangey. The best part is the formula is so soft and smooth that if your lips are chapped you don't get the balm caking on your dry skin and with the red color, accentuating each crease. The balm is so soft and nourishing on contact that it just transforms dry skin immediately and the red punches it up and makes it extra juicy. Really a fantastic product. But still... could really be at least $7-8 cheaper...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Excellent Product! Imparts a nice soft pink sheen to the lips and keeps them well moisturized. I apply this first thing in the morning and last thing @ night. I live in a house that has blown heat in the winter and I also suffer from sinus issues, so I tend to breathe through my mouth @ night, this dries my lips out, but not since I discovered this product. A liberal slick @ night and I wake up w/o that tight lipped feeling. The package is well crafted since you have to screw the lid on to cap it, so it can't come off in your purse and get lost and ruin the product. I do find that with extended use the stick does start of get a little smooshed, but not horribly. I have been using this daily since I purchased it and when I do run out will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Given the price and hype, I really wanted to hate this product. But unfortunately for my bank account, Fresh's Sugar Rose is another holy grail.

I tried this on in Sephora when it first came out, and the tester was so smashed up that I accidentally applied too much product. I looked in the mirror and saw a pink mess on my lips, then felt all smug that I wasn't going to be suckered in by this one.

A few months ago, I tried it again, only this time with a tester that hadn't been attacked by over-zealous teenagers. That's when I fell in love. Used lightly, this is a smooth, sheer balm that gives your lips a slight pop of neutral pink. It moisturizes for hours, and is not waxy, heavy, or sticky. I find myself reaching for this stuff at all times. It's by the computer when I'm at the computer, it's on the coffee table when I'm watching television, and it's most definitely in my purse when I'm going out. This works well under every lipstick I've tried, too.

The packaging is perfect- it's a metal tube that screws together and makes it virtually impossible to mess the stick up. I would warn that you probably shouldn't keep this in your pocket, as the first tester I saw at Sephora made me think this might have the propensity to melt. Other than that fear, like everyone else, my only complaint is the price. Still, given the excellence of Fresh Sugar (and the fact that it's petrolatum-free), I'm not complaining much.