Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

on 5/8/2010 11:35:00 PM

The Good:
Super smooth and creamy, this does not feel like your usual lip balm. I think some ppl give it poor reviews b/c of the different texture, but I rather like it.

Just a hint of color, which is perfect for natural looking days

SPF

Screw on cap so u never have to worry about it opening up in your purse

The Bad:
The SPF comes from Oxybenzone which is known hormone disrupter and may be linked to skin cancer

It's VERY soft, so if ur like me and sometimes run out with a lip balm in your pocket, this one will turn to mush.

I would probably still buy it again....tho the Oxybenzone is giving me something to think about.

on 4/26/2010 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this tinted lip balm. I alternate between this and the Korres Lip Butters, also a great product. I like that this lip treatment is not too glossy and it imparts the most natural flush on my lips. The SPF is a great bonus as well. This is the second time the actual lip treatment (not the package)has broken on me, which leads me to believe that the packaging is not as elegant and sturdy as it seems. Despite the inherent design flaw, I will repurchase!

on 4/20/2010 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

EDIT: I'm reducing the rating to a 3. It's now summer in So Cal and this product is so soft that it is melting even when in my office! I fear I must take it out of my purse and save until winter. Be very careful about twisting this up too far; it will lop off.

Super moisturizing, and the moisture lasts. I just wish the tint had a bit more "pop" to it. The twist-to-tighten lipstick tube is a great feature. Ridiculously expensive, though. I also use it in a pinch during the day to moisturize my cheeks and give them a bit of color.

Edit 10/11/14: Once again this product made Allure's list for the best products of 2014. I just don't understand it. I have four in different colors, given as a gift. I don't DARE take them out the door. They even melt in my bathroom in the summer months.

on 4/18/2010 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Thanks to the MUA reviews and the plug in the May InStyle, I headed to Sephora to pick this up. I am not disappointed. It is so moisturizing and gives my already pigmented lips a real flush of color. I was using Dior Lip Glow, but this contains more pigment, natural and I love it. When I do not wear lipstick and am skiing, hiking or out for a walk with the Lab, it is great. :)

on 4/1/2010 11:24:00 PM

I love this! I was looking for a product that would moisturize my lips well and give a little natural color and this fit the bill. It moisturizes for a really long time! I swear my lips look fuller as well. The lemony fragrance is refreshing. The tube should last a while as it is very chunky. If your skin color is light to medium light the color should show on your lips. If you are looking for a really moisturizing product, and natural color try this out.!

I *love* this lip balm and use it all the time. It smells lovely, moisturizes well, lasts long, and gives a hint of pinky-red colour. Perfect if you ask me. The only thing I don't like is the rather expensive price (why I'm giving it 4 / 5 lippies)... but that isn't stopping me from buying it again because I've lost it.

on 2/4/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I don't know what I'm doing wrong with this product... yes, it moistens my lips and gives a decent color, but for $22, I thought that this would do more for my lips. It's winter and after using this for a week, my lips are still peeling and dry. I was stupid to assume that the word "treatment" would actually fix any problems that I had. I think that I'm going to save this one for the summer, even though the stick has already kind of started to melt. I feel like I blew $22 on a glorified chap-stik.

on 1/28/2010 9:31:00 AM

I am in LOVE with this tinted Lip Balm, totally worth the $22 price tag in my opinion. HG for me :)

on 1/23/2010 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Have had this for about 2 weeks - thanks to MUA reviews. Love it! Harsh winter plus dry (not-so-young anymore) lips to begin with... this product is a perfect fit for me. The only challenge is finding the right mix of lip liner (a "must" at my age) with the rose tint. Will be ordering more - for my purse, my desk at work...

on 1/23/2010 5:56:00 AM

This is exactly what I had hoped for when I ordered it over a month ago: moisturizing, long-lasting, SPF15, and with a nice lip stain to boot! Plus, it has a very faint scent which is not bad at all. I love this product so much and use it every day! My only qualm is that it is a bit expen$ive but so far it's been worth all the pretty pennies I had to muster up to buy it.
No chapped lips for me this winter - just soft, kissable, pretty lips ;))) Also, the tube it comes in is really great - the way it screws on/off prevents the lip balm from being squished or smashed up into the top of the lid if closed without thinking.
One reviewer said that if used in cold weather that one may have difficulties with screwing on/off the lid. As someone who is outside everyday while braving either the arctic blasts of northern Russia or the frigid East Coast temps this winter, I have found nothing whatsoever that has prevented me from being able to use this lip product - with or without clumsy gloves on (or bare, painfully numbed fingers) or off!

I love this product!