Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

on 6/19/2010 10:09:00 PM

This is one of the best lip balms I've used in a while. I love the smell and the color. I have very pale skin, so the color really pops on me. It makes my lips look healthy and juicy, hehe. I do agree that the consistency is a little soft for a tube lip balm, but I am just very careful that I don't twist it up too high before applying.

on 5/26/2010 9:12:00 PM

Bought this product yesterday after wanting to buy it for years. I want to like it so bad, but I have to admit I'm a bit disappoined. It's really just an over-priced, nicely packaged chapstick. The smell is great, but incredibly faint. The colour is very, very light and I wish it was a higher SPF for the price. The consistency is good, but its nothing I haven't seen before for a cheaper price. Sadly, overall I feel it was not worth the money.
ETA: The weather here in southern Ontario has been super hot lately. Just going for a drive with this in my purse has left it VERY soft. Be very careful - if left in the sun, I guarantee it will melt completely in under half an hour.

on 5/22/2010 2:04:00 AM

This product is amazing! I really love it. It's so soft and conditioning. The color is perfect, and the smell is so refreshing (like strawberries and lemons).

on 5/19/2010 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this!!!!! keeps my lips smooth, moisturized and goes on so nicely with a beautiful pink tint that I was looking for. LOVE the scent too, lemmony sugar!! this I will use forever! pricey but worth it!

on 5/8/2010 11:35:00 PM

The Good:
Super smooth and creamy, this does not feel like your usual lip balm. I think some ppl give it poor reviews b/c of the different texture, but I rather like it.

Just a hint of color, which is perfect for natural looking days

SPF

Screw on cap so u never have to worry about it opening up in your purse

The Bad:
The SPF comes from Oxybenzone which is known hormone disrupter and may be linked to skin cancer

It's VERY soft, so if ur like me and sometimes run out with a lip balm in your pocket, this one will turn to mush.

I would probably still buy it again....tho the Oxybenzone is giving me something to think about.

on 4/26/2010 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this tinted lip balm. I alternate between this and the Korres Lip Butters, also a great product. I like that this lip treatment is not too glossy and it imparts the most natural flush on my lips. The SPF is a great bonus as well. This is the second time the actual lip treatment (not the package)has broken on me, which leads me to believe that the packaging is not as elegant and sturdy as it seems. Despite the inherent design flaw, I will repurchase!

on 4/20/2010 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

EDIT: I'm reducing the rating to a 3. It's now summer in So Cal and this product is so soft that it is melting even when in my office! I fear I must take it out of my purse and save until winter. Be very careful about twisting this up too far; it will lop off.

Super moisturizing, and the moisture lasts. I just wish the tint had a bit more "pop" to it. The twist-to-tighten lipstick tube is a great feature. Ridiculously expensive, though. I also use it in a pinch during the day to moisturize my cheeks and give them a bit of color.

Edit 10/11/14: Once again this product made Allure's list for the best products of 2014. I just don't understand it. I have four in different colors, given as a gift. I don't DARE take them out the door. They even melt in my bathroom in the summer months.

on 4/18/2010 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Thanks to the MUA reviews and the plug in the May InStyle, I headed to Sephora to pick this up. I am not disappointed. It is so moisturizing and gives my already pigmented lips a real flush of color. I was using Dior Lip Glow, but this contains more pigment, natural and I love it. When I do not wear lipstick and am skiing, hiking or out for a walk with the Lab, it is great. :)

on 4/1/2010 11:24:00 PM

I love this! I was looking for a product that would moisturize my lips well and give a little natural color and this fit the bill. It moisturizes for a really long time! I swear my lips look fuller as well. The lemony fragrance is refreshing. The tube should last a while as it is very chunky. If your skin color is light to medium light the color should show on your lips. If you are looking for a really moisturizing product, and natural color try this out.!

I *love* this lip balm and use it all the time. It smells lovely, moisturizes well, lasts long, and gives a hint of pinky-red colour. Perfect if you ask me. The only thing I don't like is the rather expensive price (why I'm giving it 4 / 5 lippies)... but that isn't stopping me from buying it again because I've lost it.

Popular Lip Treatments