September 20, 2014 | 1367 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2005 7:42:00 PM More reviews by awwwebbie

I keep trying to use this and I don't know why. I have very sensitive oily/combination skin. I will not use it again (mental note to *throw bottle away* when I get home. I stings horribly and turns my face bright red. I guess I kept using it because it is the right level of moisturizer for me. Right now I'm on a Murad Skin Perfecting lotion kick. It doesn't burn at all and after using it for a year it doesn't exacerbate my occasional acne. Still looking for something to calm my skin a little bit more than that though...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2005 6:49:00 PM More reviews by nani51

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this moisturizer. It does moisturize, and it doesn't sting my face like the SPF15 version of this produce will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 11:46:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

Bought this because Dr. Nase(rosacea expert) rec'd this for rosacea but I found that this moisturizer caused my cheeks to redden and swell each time I used it. Wish it had worked cause it's cheap and easy to find. Loved the light texture and that it worked well under mu but if I get a reaction it's bye-bye. Another product for the trash bin--if my DH knew how much skincare/mu I threw away he'd have a cow!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2005 8:10:00 PM More reviews by somebody

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recieved this as a gift from my aunt last Christmas and it's been my beauty staple ever since. This moisturizer leaves my face hydrated and refreshed. It doesn't break me out, sting on my face, or leave my skin very oily. Every morning I put on about the size of a pin head on both cheeks and whatever is left on my fingers on my nose and chin and wear it under my makeup. The packaging is great. The little pump deposits the perfect ammount and it locks so it never spills. I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2005 10:33:00 AM More reviews by princessre

Why don't more people like this moisturizer? It is the only moisturizer in the world that makes my skin smooth, hydrated, and pimple free. It feels great on my face, and you know what, it is alot better than all those department store brands from Chanel to Shiseido.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2004 7:03:00 PM More reviews by cadbury

This moisturiser provides moisture to my skin. It has no unnecessary fragrance, oils, spf etc. I am used to using a matifying moisturiser however, so I do notice that after a few hours my forehead is more shiny than usual. This moisturiser does not claim to matify, however. It is a very basic moisturiser that does its job.
EDIT - after 1-2 bottles I switched to Neutrogena's Combination Oil-free moisture, as the sensitive seemed to break me out

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2004 3:21:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Target because I was just looking for a cheap moisturizer...what a bad idea. It feels like it just sits on top of your skin the whole day. About 1-2 weeks after I started using it I noticed my skin was so dry it was flaking off, so I stopped using it. Switched to Chanel Hydramax Cream and my skin is now back to normal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2004 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Andreangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is not oil free! I have acne prone Tzone, usually not on the cheeks and this broke me out. Sadly I didn't read MUA before buying or using it.

If you have dry skin, its good and light and feels refreshing.

If you are combo or oily acne prone, stay away from the false advertising.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2004 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Hellykitto

I have to correct the below review, or at least, clarify it. On the Sage list, Petrolatum is neither comedogenic or irritating. It got a zero on both.

And now for the rest of the story.

I did a study today at Ulta, using the Sage list, of various cleansers and moisturizers which are gentle and non-comedo. Of what I found, this is one of the most suitable products to use. It does have a couple of 'boogers' in it according to this list, but they are further than halfway down on the ingredient list. Actually, I found that according to that list, almost all products have at least some comedo or irritating products.

I just put this on after cleansing, and it did sink right in. I totally do not feel greasy at all. Now that may change in a few hours. I'll be back to update this in about a week. :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2004 8:49:00 PM More reviews by oreocookie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Even though this is supposed to be for sensitive skin, I found that it stung a little on application. It also left my face shiny, and it made me break out. I feel like a broken record here, recounting all my experiences with Neutrogena products breaking me out! I will be staying away from Neutrogena products, at least the ones that go on my face.