December 21, 2014 | 1747 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2005 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Cayden19

What a blah lotion. I went in search for something simple to give my face a break from all the BHAs and AHAs in my normal routine. This seemed simple enough. I loved it the first time I put it on - it wasn't overly greasy and it left my face in a comfortable state. BUT the next morning I woke up with 3 whoppers staring back at me! I was on a clear streak during those days and this totally killed it. BLAH! just gonna let this sit on my shelf sadly.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2005 11:47:00 PM More reviews by solipsist22

I figured since this is made for sensitive skin that it would be safe.. but it still made me break out. A few hours after using it, I found tiny little bumps on my skin.. like mini pimples. Not happy with this product. Still searching for a moisturizer that won't make me break out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2005 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am really surprised by all of the negative reviews for this product! While I will say this isn't the worlds perfect moisturizer , but in my book this is probably one of three that are the best and simplest I've found. I've gone through a few bottles of this, as well as the Oil Free Combination Skin Moisturizer in this same line. I usually use this Sensitive Skin formular for Winter and the Combo Skin for Summer. I always try to stray and find something better, but whatever I buy always ends up breaking me out, so I come back to these and my skin returns to normal. Its perpexing to me because my skin breaks out from anything--even products that say nocomedogenic or nonacnegenic! Yet somehow this doesn't! I've bought this before, and I'm positive I'll buy it again in the future-since I have yet to find anything better. Now I'm stuck with a box full of yucky moisturizers that will never get used up!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2005 8:36:00 PM More reviews by csensitive

I have oily/combination, highly sensitive, acne prone skin and have tried just about every moisturiser out there to moisturise my skin at night!

Most moisturisers break me out even if they say non-comedogenic. I worked out that if a moisturiser doesn't state that it is oil-free, non-comedogenic and made for sensitive skin, then there is a very high chance my skin will react badly to it.

Since I have started using this as my night-time moisturiser, my skin has been perfectly balanced. My current skincare regime consists of: cleansing with MD Formulations Basic Non-glycolic Facial Cleanser, followed with MD Formulations Environmental Protection Cream SPF30+ (as my daytime moisturiser / sunscreen). At night I cleanse with my MD Formulations Basic Non-glycolic Facial Cleanser then I apply MD Formulations Facial Creme which contains a high level of glycolic acid which helps with smoothing out my wrinkles and keeping breakouts away. I then follow with the Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Moisturiser for added moisture as the MD Formulations Facial Creme can be a little drying. I then apply Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion to my cheeks only as my cheeks are a little drier than the rest of my face.

Having that said, my skin is now perfectly moisturised, clear and healthy looking!! I recommend this regime for those people with a similar skin type to mine.
***UPDATE*** After the 3rd use of this moisturiser, I developed an allergic reaction to it. My skin began to sting, my nose became itchy and my eyes became irritated (even though I did not put the moisturiser near my eyes). This has actually happened with other Neutrogena products I have used in the past as well.

I am now using MD Formulations Advanced Hydrating Complex Gel to moisturize with and my skin is alot happier!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2005 12:37:00 PM More reviews by glorylight4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this moisturizer a few days ago to combat the havoc on that the winter weather is creating on my poor skin. It said sensitive skin, so I bought this, hoping that it could help me, since my skin is, at the moment, dry, oily, peely, and horribly acne-prone (yes, it's hard to have that many textures on your face), and anything I did to try to help it made it worse. So far, it really hasn't done very much for my face. It has caused some breakouts (typical of any moisturizer I try!), but it also hasn't helped my dryness very much. If anything, my skin problems are getting worse.

Maybe I need to try it for another few days. But my skin can't take much more of this. Everytime I apply the lotion, my skin is so dry that it burns on contact.

Update: I really wish had left the damn bottle on the shelf. I want to give this negative lippies. I had a horrible skin reaction to it and got hives, which left horrible brown spots and welt-like marks on my face for over a week.

I cannot fathom how this is for "sensitive skin." Even when I put it on before the appearance of the hives, it was like a layer of oily stuff just sitting on my face. It didn't absorb into my skin and it burned a bit. There is only one place this evil, evil product belongs in--the GARBAGE. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2005 7:42:00 PM More reviews by awwwebbie

I keep trying to use this and I don't know why. I have very sensitive oily/combination skin. I will not use it again (mental note to *throw bottle away* when I get home. I stings horribly and turns my face bright red. I guess I kept using it because it is the right level of moisturizer for me. Right now I'm on a Murad Skin Perfecting lotion kick. It doesn't burn at all and after using it for a year it doesn't exacerbate my occasional acne. Still looking for something to calm my skin a little bit more than that though...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2005 6:49:00 PM More reviews by nani51

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this moisturizer. It does moisturize, and it doesn't sting my face like the SPF15 version of this produce will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 11:46:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

Bought this because Dr. Nase(rosacea expert) rec'd this for rosacea but I found that this moisturizer caused my cheeks to redden and swell each time I used it. Wish it had worked cause it's cheap and easy to find. Loved the light texture and that it worked well under mu but if I get a reaction it's bye-bye. Another product for the trash bin--if my DH knew how much skincare/mu I threw away he'd have a cow!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2005 8:10:00 PM More reviews by somebody

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recieved this as a gift from my aunt last Christmas and it's been my beauty staple ever since. This moisturizer leaves my face hydrated and refreshed. It doesn't break me out, sting on my face, or leave my skin very oily. Every morning I put on about the size of a pin head on both cheeks and whatever is left on my fingers on my nose and chin and wear it under my makeup. The packaging is great. The little pump deposits the perfect ammount and it locks so it never spills. I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2005 10:33:00 AM More reviews by princessre

Why don't more people like this moisturizer? It is the only moisturizer in the world that makes my skin smooth, hydrated, and pimple free. It feels great on my face, and you know what, it is alot better than all those department store brands from Chanel to Shiseido.