April 19, 2014 | 1155 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2004 11:04:00 PM More reviews by eeeee

I have very acne prone, oily skin with some dry areas and thought I might give this a try since it's for sensitive skin and thought it might not irritate my skin and cause a breakout. I've had bad experiences w others(oil of olay caused breakouts, and Neut.'s combo. moisturizer didn't moisturize my dry areas well enough and others).. I just bought this and so far I think it does a very well job of moisturizing (I only apply to dry areas not all over). It's lightweight and of course, fragance-free, I just hope I won't breakout from this but will update if I do.
UPDATE: I'm not 100% sure but, I got a couple of pimples that MAY be attributed to this but I'm in a phase right now where I'm consistently breaking out in certain areas of my face. Will update again though.
UPDATE: I decided to return this b/c I really do think this gave me a few pimples and even if it didn't I don't want to spend $13 on a product I'm afraid of putting on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2004 12:42:00 PM More reviews by isis1234

Performance: This moisturizer is very lightweight and perfect for my normal skin.

Fragrance: Unfragranced.

Packaging: Simple packaging, flip top container.

Price: Cheap.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2004 6:25:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

EWW!! I have acne prone, normal/dry, sensitive skin and this stuff doesn't do anything but aggravate my skin. It gives a shiny, greasy looking sheen to my skin and turns the reddish parts of my face redder and highlights every pore, line, scar, etc. I tried to apply makeup over it and it balled up under the sponge and made a huge mess. There is absolutely no redeeming quality to this product - oh, but it does have a nice hygienic pump ; )

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2004 1:49:00 AM More reviews by come_meet_mark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been very happy with this moisturizer; it's good TLC for my skin when the winter freeze dries it out.

I wish it were a little less greasy--I have to be careful how much I use or I get very shiny--and I'm not really thrilled with the packaging. I'd prefer a jar or more ergonomic pump to this one.

I've been using mark's Moistureclear Oil-Free Hydrator with much better luck; though I'm not particulary acne prone, it's less heavy, not greasy, and actually helps keep breakouts at bay, something Neutrogena hasn't really delivered on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, simple, effective moisturizer; I use it as night cream to give my skin a break from sunscreen. I started using this because my husband keeps it on his dresser; between the two of us we have repurchased this multiple times. I tried it one night because of the oil-free element; I don't have sensitive skin but my normal skin gets uncomfortably oily when I use heavier creams. I wish I had tried it a long time ago! This is light and doesn't break me out. Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2004 5:18:00 PM More reviews by stimpycat

I've been using this for years and it is still the best moisturizer for my dry, sensitive, combo, acne prone skin. This is my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2004 8:48:00 PM More reviews by dilydaly7

I got this because I wanted a gentle, basic moisturizer. This is definitely it. It sinks into your skin well, leaving you soft and very smooth. It made my foundation go on very smoothly and evenly, and it didn't increase greasiness. I had great success mixing this with my foundation (about 1/3 foundation and 2/3 moisturizer) for a sheer tinted moisturizer. And the price! Wonderful. Five lippies up. If only they made a travel-sized tube I could throw in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2003 12:35:00 PM More reviews by michellechar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. It's a basic product that moisturizes my oily skin but doesn't try to do anything funky. If your skin just needs hydration and nothing else, I reccommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2003 1:17:00 PM More reviews by gstar2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have exetremly sensitive skin that's very acne-prone. I bought this product by the reccomendation of my dermatologist, and I'm satisfied. It's light weight, and unlike many other moisturizers, it doesn't feel slimy or uncomfortable going on. It's soaks right in! I'm sure there are better products out there, but I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2003 6:33:00 PM More reviews by girlygirl8705

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good product if you need light moisture and have sensitive skin/are acne prone. Which I am all that and this lotion has been great. I have seen improvement in my skin since I have used this. My acne is so much better. One thing is that I use an "eye cream" from somewhere else when using this lotion b/c it will sting your eyes. But besides that, I love this lotion.