December 21, 2014 | 1657 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Stick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2003 11:39:00 AM More reviews by megger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! After hearing raves about it as a lip balm, I tried it. I love it for lips, cuticles, dry patches, etc. Hand tube- not messy at all and CHEAP. Woohoo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2003 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Ariella4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer, no spill, no mess, and an addictive chocolate smell. very handy bto tote around. i find it to be the swiss army knife of balms, lips, chapped skin, stretcharks, whatever...and its soooooo cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2002 1:50:00 AM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, great stuff! The perfect lip balm. No stinging, no waxy feeling, no greasy goopy shine ... just nice soft lips. Glides on smooth, and I like the nice, fat stick - I can cover my lips in just one stroke! It also smells yummy, too - a faint chocolat-y scent. Mmmmm.
My previous favorite lip balm was Smith's Rosebud Salve & the strawberry flavored version, but this is much better for traveling - you don't have to use your finger or deal with the tin.
Unfortunately, this stuff is not available everywhere, but it's easier to buy than Rosebud Salve. I usually buy one whenever I see it, so I can have it handy. In fact, I found it at my local Sav-on, and I was especially happy to see it on sale - 2 for the price of 1. (usu. about $3.50 each) Yay.
One word of warning: Sometimes this is sold in a blister pack, and sometimes it's just sold open, in a bin, with no shrink-wrap on it or anything. If possible, stick to the blister pack and skip the open ones - much more sanitary. In fact, I bought one from a bin once, and after a few days it started to smell bad, I think it was contaminated. (Eww!) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2002 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Blink

Like the lotion, I find this very moisturizing, but this is even better as it's a handy size. Makes for a great lipbalm!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2002 8:49:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i carry this around in the summer to act as a chapstick for my heels when i'm wearing sandals. the results are amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2002 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Kittenkf21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well i use this on my lips and allover my body. It is good as a lipbalm but i wish that it had more lasting power. I'm still trying to concot a good cocoa butter lipbalm but haven't come up with any good. OH YEAH! this product is cheap cheap and i love the chocolaty smell :) ahh...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2002 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Stainless

This has to be the most underrated lip balm on the market today. I suspect it because of lip balm "snobbery." Palmers ain't Prada, in its plain old white tube with its boring label. But it is absolutely *fantastic*. The texture is sublime. It is creamy and rich without being greasy or tacky. It doesn't burn my lips at all either. And the scent/taste! Divine! I've sampled many balms, sad to say, and prior to finding this one my two faves were the the lovely BE Buzz Latte and Lip Savor. Palmers puts both to shame with its luscious chocolate milk flavor. Like all Palmers Cocoa Butter products, this stuff is cheap cheap cheap. Plus, it is packaged in a big, thick tube so you get a lot for your money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2002 8:26:00 PM More reviews by dreamwalkblue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The best lipbalm I've used! I've found that Kiehl's is little more than glorified vaseline and Philosophy's tub balm just feels too unsanitary to me to use, This lipbalm has the most *delicious* scent....chocolatey-vanilla goodness. It makes your lips feel nice and moist as well. However, the BEST part about this lip balm is the shape of it - it's a rather big lip balm tube...3.5" long, and has a diameter of .75". The diameter is the crucial point! It may seem kinda scary at first to put such a thick tube to your lips, but once you've tried it, you won't go back to skinny little tubes anymore. :) It just applies the lip balm so well and it *feels* so much better than those teensy little tubes of Softlips and Chapstick and whatnot. I have been on a personal mission to convert as many people as possible to experience the "big stick" of lip balm. And at about $3.50 for a stick, the price can't be beat. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2002 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Mickie176

This is my lip balm. I use it morning and night, and sometimes in between. It leaves my lips soft, plump and moist. Somehow it even seems to accentuate their natural pink color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2002 1:43:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! I keep this in my purse. It's great for dry skin on your face and hands, it even works as a great lipbalm!