September 16, 2014 | 962 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Chloe (EDP)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by bellasugar

I'm just not crazy about this. It does have an odd fabric softener/old-lady smell to it... nothing light or complex, just heavy heavy heavy. The notes are too muddled, and for the price, you could buy an amazing Serge Lutens or L'Artisan scent. Not awful, but not my favorite, either.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 8:19:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very opulent floral (Floral - Rose Violet fragrance family). Notes are:
Top note : Freesia, Litchi, Peony //
Middle note : Muguet, Magnolia, Rose //
Base note : Poudre (powder) notes, Cèdre, Musc, Ambre.

I smell a worm and extremely rich flowery notes at first, than the warmness settle down... midddle notes are rather pungent and sharp...the drydown very, very powdery and ambery.
Strong, strong, strong fragrance!!! Staying power is also very good.
Interesting, no doubt, but it doesn't make me comfortable, it is too overwhelming for my liking. I prefer something more "hedonistic", "hug me" fragrances, softer... This is a fragrance with a statement, interesting and complex, but not my cup of tea.
I must say that the bottle looks better on photos than it is.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2008 1:31:00 PM More reviews by msroser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of the new Chloe fragrance at Saks' beauty week. I believe Saks is the exclusive retailer of this scent for now.

It is a beautiful, feminine scent. It is decidedly floral, but without the cloying sweetness most floral scents give off (Lancome Tresor, I'm looking at you.) I would call it an elegant, timeless scent. It has no trace of spiciness.

The Eau de Parfum is more concentrated than a toilette so it seems to last all day on my skin.

I would say the only drawback is that it's only available at Saks, so discounts and good deals are impossible to find at this time.

Regardless, I'm headed over to buy a full size today.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 11:02:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

An amber floral is meant to embody the classic modern scent. It features a bouquet of powdered florals composed of peony, lychée and freesia. Notes of rose, magnolia and lily of the valley make up the heart over an amber and cedar wood base.
If anyone wants to see the video for the making of the ad...

It's now almost two years later since my original review, and I haven't bought a bottle yet, but I do still like it. I wouldn't mind it as a gift in a small bottle or gift set. I don't smell dryer sheets so much now, but I do smell a very feminine vintage scent. Cosmetics used to have a soft floral scent, and to me this reminds me of that plus the scent of a woman walking past you. You know, that smell of perfume and skin that smells really nice. Spraying too much gives a dominate rose scent that can be overwhelming.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 8:12:00 AM More reviews by nelci1

It's a pretty freesia-lily-magnolia fragrance on a musky base.
On my skin it smells exactly like fabric softener / dryer sheets. But guess what? I love the smell of dryer sheets!!
I can say that it doesn't smell like Castelbajac, but they share the same "clean clothes" spirit :O)
The staying power is average (4 hours, on my skin) and the bottle is so cute with the taupe ruban !! 4 lippies :0)