Chloe Chloe (EDP)

4.2

on 5/16/2008 1:01:00 AM

I bought the 30ml bottle of this two weeks ago, and have lived in this ever since.
The packaging is very classy and pretty, with it's satin ribbon around the top and the squareish bottle.

The juice is great. It's a sophisticated floral, but not overwhelmingly floral if that makes sense. It has staying power. I have spritzed this on and woken the next morning, still able to smell it. It doesn't turn sour either (you know what I mean where you wear a perfume you love and then half way through the day it goes rancid or some funky note appears). This is true from start to finish.

I'm not usually one to live in one fragrance, but this might me a signature one for me (gasp).

on 5/8/2008 4:04:00 PM

I really, really like this perfume. It has great staying power and the smell is sweet but not too sweet. The smell can be overpowering when you first spray it on but when it settles it smells wonderful. It has rose, peony and lilies in it and love all those scents! Initially when i sprayed it on my sleeve in selfridges i thought the scent was too floral but after a few days the smell was still on my sleeve and i fell in love with it :). its my staple scent now and a few people have stopped me to ask what scent am i wearing.

on 5/8/2008 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Does anyone else wonder why the powers that be would make an entirely new perfume, but give it the same name as an older, much-loved perfume? I could understand it if the new perfume bore some resemblance to the original, but this new Chloe isn't even in the same ballpark. None of the gorgeous original Chloe scent at all, not even a whisper! On my skin this new Chloe is blech. I don't get the roses at all, just a slightly offensive scent that smells exactly like 20 other slightly offensive scents on the current market.

on 4/24/2008 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Got a sample of this from Saks. This smells alot like , but not exactly, a toner that came in a light blue bottle made by Neutrogena in the early 90's. Don't remember the name. The minute I smelled Chloe I kept thinking that it smelled like something from awhile back. Anyway I do like this alot. As this dries down it smells like Freesia EDP by Crabtree and Evelyn which is a favorite scent of mine. Plain and simple. Won't knock anyone out for being amazing but it's nice. Might buy a bottle and might not. Speaking of the bottle it's gorgeous. Very retro. Also not a fan of Chloe Sevigny (sp) so I find that her being the face of this fragrance, same name or not, to be rather annoying.

on 4/24/2008 6:38:00 AM

Is it just me or are all new fragrances starting to smell like versions of each other? I'm sure that in my younger days new fragrances were just that - new, not some slightly trumped up version of something else. While the bottle is very sweet the fragrance is a big load of nothing that reminds me of somthing else that was so unremarkable that I can't even remember what it was. Not terrible - but nothing special like the ads imply.

on 4/18/2008 6:19:00 PM

Nothing special in my opinion. A nice one, but you can find several similar other nice ones too. It doesn't stand out in any way, and has no resemblance to the original Chloe which at least had lots of oomph.
Boring, unless you need a clean, calm, unoffencive flower gourmand scent for work.
I personally wouldn't even consider purchasing it, as I prefer spicy, woody fl/orientals, and I own the original Chloé which I find way better.

on 4/17/2008 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was lured by a store promoter to try this new fragrance on a card.

After an hour of shopping, and smelling the card I went back to try it out on my skin. That was 9.5 hours ago and I can still smell it!

Chloe EDP is a subtle, clean, fresh, rosy modern fragrance. It's a "safe" scent that you could wear at work, an afternoon barbecue, or a night out!

Chloe sits close to the skin, you get a beautiful whiff every so often & it lasts and lasts. It's quite a summery scent but is nice to wear in fine cool weather.

It's not original though - it smells very much like a rose version of Dior Addict 2. It might be a good alternative as Chloe is an EDP whereas DA2 is an EDT. The scent is not the only thing it has in common with Dior. The bottle looks very similar to Miss Dior Cherie.

PS: July 07 - I've finally purchased a 30ml bottle of Chloe EDP & am enjoying it! :)

PPS: Oct 08 - A little of the magic is gone and I have not worn Chloe for a while. I don't think I will repurchase Chloe when my current bottle runs out.

PPPS: Jan 09 - One thing I'm quite unhappy about is that I've only had this scent for a year or so, but the top of the bottle (metallic part) has completely tarnished & discoloured. None of my other perfume bottles with similar material have done this. It makes it seem cheap.

Perhaps this is why I don't wear it any more. Who wants to put on a pretty scent from an ugly discoloured bottle? Very disappointing. Definitely NOT repurchasing.

on 4/15/2008 5:52:00 AM

This is a nice perfume, but the smell is nothing special. I expected more from Chloe and I really wanted to get this perfume because of the pretty bottle. But this perfume is very strong, and I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, but to me it smells exactly like Gucci envy me the pink version. I think it would be a good winter perfume, but definitely too strong for summer.

on 4/13/2008 5:19:00 PM

I had a sample of this thrust upon me at Saks and otherwise would not have tried it after smelling it at the store. Upon trying it the first time there were so many lovely notes particularly the very modern rose and peony (not your grandmothers version), but something seemed very off...and yet I kept putting it on before bed, night after night. I had all but given up because I couldn't get past that one note (amber maybe) when my husband smelled it and said it was the sexiest perfume he had ever smelled, then he said it again the next day and the one after that...up till then the only comment he had ever made on my choice of perfume was "you smell nice", now he was holding my wrist up to his nose.

So I pushed on thru for his sake and realized the dab on sample might be the issue and finally bought a spray bottle...bingo! How lovely and elegant and feminine this is small doses and it does have excellent staying power but I put on a spray too many the other day and too much is not a good thing, dosage is everything here. It does bear similarity to Stella to me (which I liked on others but not myself) but this is it's richer far more educated cousin, addictive and enviable indeed.

on 4/13/2008 3:08:00 PM

I tried this a few weeks ago at Saks and was stunned at how beautiful it was. The rose in it is the most smooth and creamy rose i think i have ever smelled in a rose based scent before. I felt like i was burying my nose in several dozen roses. White roses that is. I dont know why, but I think of white roses when i think of this scent. Also, Chloe drips of pure, golden oppulence and wealth. Something made specifically for the upper crust in society. I can imagine a lady or refined gentleman who are listed in the social register wearing this scent. I have not bought a bottle of this yet but i will be in the near future. When i do i will fantasize about getting ready to go to a black-tie event. I will don a tuxedo and i will pick up my lady friend who will be wearing a pink, cinderella type dress. We will be headed to a french, victorian ballroom to hobnob with the super wealthy......even though we are mere peasants acting like we are old monied. The ballroom is done in 24 carat gold leaf and the place is shimmering with swarovski crystal and diamond chandeliers and ballroom is filled with dozens upon dozens of pure white roses in sparkling, glittering cherub vases. The ballroom is alive with the scent of white roses.....just like the new Chloe.

Popular Fragrances