April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2007 7:47:00 PM More reviews by jilly_sue

This mascara was horrible in my book. It gave me no thickness or length. The only thing that it really seemed to do well is clump, smudge and waste your money. I don't see how on earth that it ever gets any good reviews.
I will never buy it again as long as I live.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2007 3:58:00 PM More reviews by oliviagaitan

All other Maybelline mascaras are great but this one sucks. It's clumpy, not lenghiting I just hate it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by boqueron

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

General description of me: I am a PPP, NC15, with auburn hair and brown eyes. I am a self-confessed mascara fiend, and I have to try every new mascara that comes out; it is encoded in my DNA. Some people hunt for wild game, I hunt for mascara.
General description of product: It comes in a pink and green package that looks like a tampon ad or a vera bradley bag gone horribly awry. I don't like it very much. When you open it, it doesn't get any better. I applied it to one eye. It is a very wet mascara, and that's about the look I got, as if I had simply wet my lashes. Not longer, or more volumized, just darker and wet. Since this mascara has won every award known to mankind, I decided the fault was clearly mine. I dipped the wand again, and let it sit on the counter a minute or so to dry it out some. I applied it to the other eye. NO difference at all. Frustrated, I then attacked the bottle and applied mascara with a focus and determination I typically prefer to reserve for eating Thai food. No change. What is this stuff made of anyway, black water? The tube went into the trash, do not pass go, did not even give it to the Home for Unloved makeup that my mother's beauty drawer has now become. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2007 12:04:00 PM More reviews by ASecretRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think Great Lash is the biggest paradox of the makeup world. So many awards (how many times has it made Allure's best of beauty list?) , yet it must be THE crappiest mascara out there. The only people I know who like it are people who rarely wear makeup anyways and have no idea what a good mascara really is. Utter garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2007 9:35:00 PM More reviews by loveslife2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have absolutely no idea what the hype is about this crap. I've seen it hit #1 in several magazines so I decided to give it another try...what crap.Does nothing but make a huge mess. I think that Maybelline is paying these magazines,seriously.Definitely better mascaras out there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Beaner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried Great Lash again after many years of using Cover Girl. I was thinking maybe I missed something based on the raves of professional makeup artists. After one experience, I remembered why I don't like this mascara. It's just plain bad. Spider lashes and smearing after 4 hours of wear is just not my idea of a dream mascara. After trying a few time to make sure my eye cream wasn't causing the smears, this went straight into the trash can. Note to self, avoid buying the mascara in the infamous pink and green tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2007 12:32:00 PM More reviews by MissJones519

The problem with Great Lash mascara is that it's the first mascara you ever buy, andf you just assume that all mascaras are like it, and then continue to use it.
Fortunatley, there are much MUCH better mascaras out there.
This is mascara that does absolutley nothing for anyone (that I know)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know this is supposed to be a "classic," but it's honestly just a crummy mascara. All it does is dry out my lashes and clump like crazy. This was my first mascara when I was little and boy am I glad that I'm moved onto better products.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2007 5:32:00 AM More reviews by meepo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No volume, no lengthening.. This did nothing for my lashes, and it never failed to leave smudges beneath my eyes. Not even worth the few bucks that it cost.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2007 2:12:00 AM More reviews by janeofthejungle

it's just ink in a pink and green mascara tube
really... it just feels tacky after you put it on.. it mends your lashes together instead of seperating them.. no curl.. no volume.. it's basically lash tint that washes off .. oh.. smears off...

magazines always review great lash as the HG of mascaras.. so the editors are highly paid due to maybelline??

i'll probably buy again because it's been #1 again in some glossy
and throw it aways after one swipe

edit: i found a drug store brand to my liking to not go back to the pink and green tube.