July 30, 2014 | 1773 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2007 8:00:00 PM More reviews by violette888

I have been using this mascara all these years because I didn't know any better. But now I hate it and will never buy it again. It never comes off properly and I have pulled out many eyelashes trying to get it off. It clumps as well. In time, what's left of the pretty packaging is a dull plastic tube of pink.
I will never again buy mascara made by corporate tycoon cosmetic companies who make quick bucks on selling crap!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by corrinetam

I love this mascara. It's my mascara on the go when i just need a few quick coats. I don't like how small the brush is, but it's not a big deal since I don't use it on an everyday basis. This is something every mascara addict should try at least once!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 10:51:00 AM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

How funny. I bought this when I was 16 (almost a decade ago) after reading all the hype about it, and I hated it then. The worst mascara I've ever tried (and this was during the time that a WnW mascara was my staple). Fast forward 8 years to MUA and surprise! It's just as hated on here. I'm glad it's not just me!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2007 7:10:00 PM More reviews by sadskin

I always read about makeup artists swearing by this stuff, but I wonder if they would actually use it themselves (or if they just appreciate how easy it is to slap on someone else). The brush is terrible, the formula is wet, and it makes my lashes stick together into sparse spikes. Even Wet 'n Wild mascarra is better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by marianngo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara did nothing for me. After constantly hearing about how great it is and how it's a staple beauty product for many..i caved in and bought it.

Regrettable. It's worse than max factor or revlon...it seems to do nothing for the lashes unless you pile it on. it's impossible to get off in the shower and left my lashes in the WORSE condition. I'm sticking to my clarins wonder volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by mirrorpalais

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a pretty standard product. It's really all in the way that you apply mascara in terms of clumping and lift. if you have naturally short or sparse eyelashes then go with a more expensive brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by koen0126

I really disliked this product, everyone I know uses it but the second I tryed it I was very disappointed. It was a very thin, wet formula, and it made my lashes spikey. I was inexpensive in price but cheap in quality

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by yaitza

Im the minority in here, but this mascara works perfect on me. After winning as the best mascara in most of the magazines, I decided to give it a try, so I went to Walmart and I bought 2 tubes for the price of 1. Im not giving the 5 lippies because even the waterproof formula after 5 hrs gives me racoon eyes, but I have combination skin. Is cheap, not clumpy and I prefer the curved brush rather than the normal one.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2007 10:06:00 AM More reviews by 1annasroundhere

I've never understood what all the hype about this stuff is. First off, the bottle looks like it's vintage circla 1991. Even a fresh tube smells like it's already a few months old, and the texture is a little gunky and goopy. I've tried using this at least half a dozen times, so I know I've given it an ample fair shot! The worst thing about this---and I have never had this reaction before---is that my eyes literally swell shut, entirely, for a few days to the point where I cannot see. We have been trying to determine what exactly it is that does this to me, and finally decided that this is it. In the meantime, the mascara doesn't appear to do anything special, it even goes on a little clumpy, but this is, of course, as long as I can actually see it.

My advice? Don't go with the hype. Get something you know works or actually have tried and liked. THERE IS NO PERFECT MASCARA OUT THERE! And even if there was, with our luck it would be forty bucks a pop, and who wants to replace that every month and a half?

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2007 1:25:00 AM More reviews by grayblued

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

eh, not my favorite mascara. I dont know why people rave so much about it. Great Lash is just a basic mascara, there's nothing special to this mascara, which is good for everyday use. No dramatic volume, length, nothing.