Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Ozokerite, Shellac, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium 15, Simethicone, Quaternium 22, Butylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289) (CI 77289), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 12/12/2007 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've never been able to wear mascara without severe smudging. The only mascara I've ever been able to use was Cover Girl's Anti-Smudge Mascara and they quit making that years ago. For years, I've gone without mascara and have even dyed my lashes to get around mascara. I've had enough. I am determined to find a mascara that does not smudge.

Based on the reputation of this mascara, I decided to give it a try. I purchased it in Black at my local Ulta store.

Before trying, I used an eyelash curler to ensure my lashes were curled. The mascara went on thicker than I would have wanted and clumped a little.

The big test was the smudging. On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being major racoon eyes, I would say this was a 1. Within 3 minutes of applying this mascara, it was already starting to smudge. After an hour, I looked like I had been crying with non-waterproof mascara on. I happened to be in Ulta at the time and a sales person approached me and offered me the use of eye makeup remover on the spot. Needless to say, I looked pretty bad.

Overall, I think this is a horrible product. I don't understand why it has the reputation it does.

on 12/12/2007 2:29:00 AM

I got this in brownish black by accident, I ment to get very black. Its still quite dark which is good. For the price I paid its pretty good. Cheaper ones I have bought made my eyes itch and I stopped using them. Doesn't really clump and its a cute bottle. 3.5/5

on 12/11/2007 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For years I had been hearing about how terrific this mascara is, gave it a go this summer, and... ICK! Gloppy, sloppy, clumpy, and just ick. It clumped my lashes, it smeared, wouldn't dry for anything. I'm glad it was only $3 at Target when I bought it. I threw it out. I have used worse, so I will say at least this didn't make my eyes itch and my lashes fall out. I'm glad it works for other people.

on 12/11/2007 8:31:00 PM

I tried this mascara because of reviews I'd seen in magazines and I was extremely disappointed. Halfway through the day it had smeared all over my lower lids and I looked like a racoon. Very disappointed.

on 12/11/2007 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought this mascara wondering if all the hype was true and also I always used to see my mom use it. This mascara did absolutely nothing for me. It didn't lengthen and didnt darken (although I do already have black lashes). Also the wide spacing in the wand clumped my lashes together. I really do not understand why everyone swears by it. I like other Maybelline mascaras though like Full-n-Soft (gives me volume while keeping the lashes soft....perfection)

on 12/10/2007 1:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have to agree w/ the majority on this product. I dont understand either why it makes the "best of" list every year. It runs like crazy, clumps and just does not do anything for me at all.

on 12/9/2007 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This went in the trash after the second day of a coworker asking me if I had a black eye because of the terrible smudging it left. Coupled with the terrible time I had getting what WASN'T smeared off, and still having bad eye gook the next morning, I was left wondering why I'd seen this on every magazine's "best of" list. Not even worth the low price.

on 12/9/2007 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I cannot honestly understand why this makes it to the top of any makeup editor's list. The price is great, I have to agree, but it clumps like crazy and smears almost as badly! Not only that, but it takes a TON of makeup remover to get it all. I will pay the extra $$ for DiorShow, it makes my lashes look phenomenal. Don't waste the $4 on this one, you might end up spending more on makeup remover and embarassment.

on 12/9/2007 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Rubbish mascara, a load of hype over nothing, the brush is rubbish,and the product certainly doesnt make you eyelashes look any bigger.

on 12/8/2007 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the worst mascara ever. I bought it because it is featured in almost every magazine as the beauty editor's favorite - but it is really bad. Dry and flaky, no volume, no length. Waste of time and money.