September 19, 2014 | 1832 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by prettythings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Racoon eyes! This used to be my HG mascara but now I'm not sure how I ever used it! Did Maybeline change the formula? It applies dry and crumbly and smears quite easily. And trying to remove it at night - it's like ink - very difficult! The brush is nice, its non-irritating, and the price is cheap - but it's just not a great mascara. Not at all what I remember. Save your money. Maybelline Full and Soft is a much better mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2007 2:38:00 AM More reviews by libbyam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

im glad this product is doing so poorly becuase i find it utterly useless. I have fine lashes and this mascara makes them all stick together so it looks like i have very few lashes at all. Its really thick and doesn't glide on. It is also very hard to get off.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2007 3:45:00 AM More reviews by carela11

No. What can I say. I know it's a cult classic, but I don't like it. It's very runny, and it clumps on me. I don't like maybelline mascara over all. I had an incident while driving at night where mascara was running into my eyes. I wear contacts and I couldn't see. It was scary; I had to turn around. I was wearing maybelline.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by xanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Used this when I was 15-17. I now know better. Okay, so the color is nice: it is a shiny, rich black. However, little particles of it fall off the lashes during the day. If you swipe at your under eyes to get rid of the black dust, you get nasty, difficult to remove black smears. If you don't get the smears, it will simply migrate around your generally eye area through the course of the day until you look like a woebegone mall goth. (And I totally was a mall goth when I was 15, but at least I applied my eyeliner tastefully, no thanks to this crap) It also makes a freaking mess when it comes time to remove it. After making the freaking mess, you will often find that there is STILL mascara clinging maliciously to your lashes. This is not the fault of your makeup remover, this is the fault of the contents of the dreaded pink tube. Also, if you happen to fall asleep with your mascara on because you drank too much beer (or whatever your excuse may be), you will wake up looking like Gene Simmons in full paint. I dealt with this for two years without thinking to try another brand (don't ask me why). I now know better. I bought a tube recently (I forgot what possessed me to do this, perhaps I had temporary amnesia), did they change the formula or something? Because it STINKS now. Literally, it smells bad. I applied it, fully prepared to deal with the mascara mud slide but I was not anticipating being able to smell my eyelashes for an hour after applying the stuff. Can you imagine? "Hey, why do you look so pissed off?" "Well, my eyelashes smell and it's giving me a headache!" Anyway, it also made my eyes burn, so I threw away the tube I bought recently. Girls, if it is your first time using mascara, don't just buy it because all your friends in the locker room have the hot pink tube. Resist peer pressure!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by KARHEART

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first mascara I ever used. Fortunately, I tried others as I got older and realized that not all macara's give you racoon eyes. I definitely would never recommend this mascara to anyone. It's awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by macneim

This was my first mascara and I find that it does exactly what you need a mascara to do. I've never tried a different brand but I don't think I need to. It took some practice to keep from putting too much on my lashes, I would have to blot some off. But after some practice you get better with the brush. This is the number one mascara in America for good reason, so I recommend anyone trying it. You don't have much to lose!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2007 10:49:00 PM More reviews by 993103164

wow...it sucks so bad. i dont understand the rave reviews for this product. the brush is way too big and it always leaves my lashes unbrushed, but rather stabs my eyes. i bought it and only used it once! after sitting there for months i decided to dispose of it....

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this crap. Worst mascara on the market.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this. Use a primer and then this mascara. The result is stunning. I hate the fact that I've used a whole amount of money on expencive mascaras and then this does the trick for one quarter of the price.. Best of all the drugstores mascaras I've tried. Will buy again. It's a bargin!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by aporia

Ugh--this stuff is awful. The bristles on the brush are too far apart and so it made my lashes clumpy.