Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 1/14/2008 1:44:00 AM

I'm kind of surprised by the terrible reviews, I really like this product! I own the Great Lash Waterproof Very Black mascara - it keeps the curl, extends my lashes and doesn't smudge. Maybe the other reviews bought the regular kind, which does tend to smudge.

on 1/13/2008 8:35:00 PM

I'm always surprised to see this listed in beauty mags as the ultimate HG mascara -- but every once in & a while I try it again...stupid, stupid.

pros: cheap, doesn't sting my eyes.

cons: clumpy. smudges. raccoon eyes by lunchtime. magically both takes forever to dry, & yet seems to dry out my eyelashes.

never again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one sad excuse for a mascara! I never really tried it until a while ago. When I applied it, it took FOREVER to dry and seemed to smudge all over the place. I ended up having to try to stare straight ahead without blinking for 5 minutes so that it wouldn't smear anywhere. Not only that, but in the end, I ended up having so many lashes clumped together that I could even count them on one hand. If you're thinking about getting this, GO FOR SOMETHING ELSE!

on 1/13/2008 3:31:00 AM

I remember seeing this little pink and green tube on my mom's bathroom sink when I was about five or so. This is supposedly America's best of most favored mascara, but I really don't understand why. Maybe that claim was true 15 years ago, but now? No effing way.
This is my least favorite mascara, ever. First of all, the brush's bristles are so far apart, it's impossible to get a even coat.
Second of all, the formula SUCKS. It's clumpy, it's not long-lasting, it doesn't do a thing to lengthen or to build volume. It just makes you eyelashes semi-black for a couple of hours then it's all under your lower eyelid.
God, take this off the market.

on 1/12/2008 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not quite sure I am understanding the horrid reviews because there's nothing negative about this that I can think of. I wish I knew what mascara is so super fantastic that all these people are using that are giving this such low ratings. I've used many and this was is every bit as good plus it DOES NOT burn my eyes which I cannot say about very many mascara! I have tiny short skimpy lashes and have to say this makes them look exactly the same as when I use L'Oreal Voluminous when I need something waterproof. I will absolutely buy again and again and again. Have been using this forever!

Well, I've heard great things and bad things about his product, but i have to agree--- it's a definite stinker. When you apply it, the brush is TERRIBLE. It doesn't curve lashes at all. Second, the mascara is not at all waterproof. It smudges like crazy and is very hard to remove. The only thing that KINDA (definately not fully) gets it off is Maybelline eye makeup remover liqyuid. And even when i use that, some of my lashes allways come out, makeing them even thinner. This mascara is clumpy, staining, smudgy, and definitly not worth buying, no matter how many people in magazine's rave over it.

on 1/10/2008 8:56:00 PM

I did not like this mascara...it did make my lashes full..but with no length. Being asian I have very straight lashes which I need to curl everyday...this mascara made it bone straight as well as little flakes thru out the day..this did not work for me.

on 1/10/2008 1:49:00 PM

Well, like so many other consumers of this product -- I was lured in by all the hype and hearing about the awards it had won.

It's so-so.

It's just really heavy, and easily clumps.

It's more of a "volumizer" than a "lengthener". It will look great when applied near the base of the lashes, giving an illusion of thickness and volume - but when swept all the way up the lash, it really weighs lashes down, making lashes look short and stumpy. :(

Pretty pink & green case, which got a lot of attention - but not a very good mascara.

on 1/10/2008 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've tried a lot of mascaras in my days but this is definitely the best. It's not too expensive and it does everything you want a mascara to do. Makes my eyes look fantastic! All my friends use this mascara too and I highly recommend it. Don't let the price fool you, this one is really good.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Let me sum up the reviews for Great Lash:

crap.

That's all you need to know. Keep browsing for a better mascara.