July 28, 2014 | 1294 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2003 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Ling

The packaging is cute, and you can't beat the price (less than $3). However, the balm is hard, so it's difficult to apply. It gives a tingling minty feeling on your lips at first. However, it doesn't moisturize well, nor does it have sunscreen. It would be good as a base for lipstick, since it won't cause bleeding. Also, after it wears off, my lips start peeling a lot. All in all, I think there's better lip balms out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2003 10:12:00 AM More reviews by MarineLady1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is definately not the best I've ever used. It is doesn't last to long. You have to constantly re-apply it. It is very hard. You have to swirl your fingers on it for several minutes just to get a little bit for application. It does smell great. It feels good when you first put it on (the peppermint oil in it tingles). But I noticed after using this for a while, the peppermint oil in it started to dry my lips out the more I used it! I'm back to my tried and true favorite, BeautiControl Lip Balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2003 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Kirsten12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it makes your lips soft, but doesn't last. Plus, it's hard--literally--and takes several applications to moisturize.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2003 1:05:00 AM More reviews by pakirani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lip balms doesn't work well for me and if it doesn't soothe my lips in the springtime, imagine how ineffective it would be in the winter. It does moisturize for a bit, but after it fades away or is removed, my lips return to their dryness. I would rather spend my money on MAC's lip conditioner, kiehls' tinted lipbalm, or Rosebud Salve, all of which are great for protecting/moisturizing the lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2003 12:27:00 AM More reviews by kristis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Disappointment! Hard to open container at times, Too drying and application is difficult (I like lip balms that you can dig into).
Would not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2003 3:40:00 PM More reviews by marianm3

I thought this lip balm was a bit too waxy, but I did like the minty, tingly feeling it gave. Unfortunately, I would not re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2003 3:06:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Too hard in the package, and too waxy on the lips. I prefer a more goopy gloss that is easier to spread.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2003 3:40:00 PM More reviews by aly2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I generally like tingly pepperminty things, but this is very drying to my already dry and cracking lips. It feels good at first and smells good, but hurts (literally) my lips more than helps.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2003 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Tyrona

I love the smell & tingle of this..but it just dries out my lips.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2003 2:13:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip balm dried out my lips and I did not like the overwhelming mint scent. I won't buy this again.