October 26, 2014 | 981 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For some reason, this mascara NEVER dries on my lashes. It ends up smeared everywhere except my eyelashes. I hate it. Worst mascara ever.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by brasscupcakes

I really can't believe I used this stuff for at least a decade following adolescence.

It's crunchy, gloppy, and sooooo fake looking.

Wow, I used to apply at least three coats of Very Black, with a layer of talc in between each layer, plus eyeliner.

No wonder my folks thought I looked like a hoochie girl (well, actually, tramp, slut, or what-have-you, as my generation was pre-hoochie).

Guess I was a woman befor e my time ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by energeticsusie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All I have to say is yuck! Does not do a dang thing for my lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by buechmn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this mascara did nothing for me... at all... in fact, all it did was irritate my eyes beyond belief.
I don't see the big hype behind this mascara... I must be missing something!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Bebegirl88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NOT WORTH THE MONEY!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by MizKerri

I don't know why magazines constantly plug this product. And shame on me for trying it over and over again, thinking, "Maybe I'll love it this time." True, it doesn't clump, but it doesn't really do anything for my lashes. I have short, sparse lashes so I really need a workhorse of a mascara and this just isn't it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2007 1:44:00 AM More reviews by TFly

Seriously, who still buys this? Horrible, crap, waste of money!! When I put it on, you couldn't tell I had mascara on. I don't like waisting my time putting on mascara for it not to show up. I could go on but I think you get my point.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2007 2:56:00 PM More reviews by caradiangela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible, horrible, horrible! How on earth can a mascara be so *popular* and yet so dreadful?! There really is nothing great about your lashes after applying this stuff, they will just be black, clump, smudge and look rediculous!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 11:17:00 AM More reviews by rastaxcore

Despite being considered a classic, this mascara is difficult. It runs, and while the blackout version will leave you with shadow-casting lashes, it clumps easily and requires a certain level of skill to apply well. Then, as soon as you walk outside and a drop of rain hits it, all that hard work is gone! I think that's why so many people have had irritation reactions to it; it melts so easily that it can melt into your eyes. Personally, I'm not comfortable with that except in a Debbie Gibson song.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 8:48:00 AM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It doesn't crumble or flake on me, but it does clump more than my Full n' Soft, which is an older tube. I think it might be the brush. I bought it because I've never tried it and used to read about it being the best in magazines when I was a teen. I bought the Full n' Soft from reading reviews on Makeupalley, and I like it, but it's my first mascara so maybe it's not the "best", but this is definitely not the best I can tell you. It slightly irritates my eyes as well and is very thin and runny. I don't want a dramatic look, but this didn't give me the soft fullness that my Full n' Soft gave me either and I thought it would be better because all the magazines said it was so great and a "staple". I would not buy it again.

edited February 18, 2008 to say that it does work better with the Full n' Soft brush. Still clumps a little, but not as bad as with its own brush. I'm trying Max Factor's Volume Couture now, and that brush is really good at preventing clumps.