April 19, 2014 | 1525 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by hjv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my standard mascara. It applies easily, without clumps, and lasts all day. I use Very Black, which accentuates the lashes without being overpowering. If I apply it gently enough, it doesn't run or cake. I think it's excellent value for money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

Why do people love this stuff? I tried it out about a year or two ago and I remember it being a clumpy flaky mess. IT IS HORRIBLE STUFF!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by GStelz

This is by far the most overrated product in the history of beauty products.

Oh whoop, it doesn't clump...but many other mascaras don't clump. The non-clumping formula is about as advanced as this stuff gets.

It doesn't give me volume or length. My lashes need all the help they can get (being a natural blond ain't all it's cracked up to be!).

I'm a real beauty junkie and expect more from my products - so many other mascaras at the drug store which create far sexier lashes!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2007 11:06:00 AM More reviews by LilyRosemarie

When I first apply Great Lash, my lashes look amazing! About an hour later, it's flaking around my eyes and running down my face. I'm so disappointed. I kind of love this stuff - but no staying power....

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2007 6:01:00 AM More reviews by witchiewitch

Don't buy this mascara, for the love of God, please don't buy this mascara. I ran out of my mascara so I just grabbed whatever was in my local supermarket. Since this excuse of a mascara appears so much in magazines, I just took it. What a mistake! It clumps and smudges so bad. I'm always nervous and can't help checking every so often to the ladies' to see if it has smudged. I kept using it for a few weeks, trying to convince myself it's not so bad and I could finish the tube (I'm cheap!) but I can't stand it anymore! I'm going to buy a new mascara tomorrow.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2007 5:44:00 AM More reviews by jewell2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

well this mascara is ok....its not bad but i expected way more from it since they wrote make up artists love it lol.....cant complain for the prize though its dirt cheap oh well i will keep this one at the office so i have one when i need one but wont bu it again i rather buy a more expensive one

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by gatinha321

This is my second try with this mascara. I keep thinking that somehow I'm doing something wrong since every major beauty publication heaps awards on this product year after year. And I keep hearing makeup artists waxing poetic about this in those same publications. Can all these m/u artists be on crack and is this just really crappy mascara or is it operator error? I'll leave it to you to decide. One more negative review out of almost 2000 probably won't make a difference any more than a drop in a bucket in a flood. I think the brush is too small and the bristles too far apart. I could only get one coat on before it dried and once it dried, I couldn't add any more to it. To tell you how much trouble I had with this, I actually had to try to comb through my lashes. I NEVER have to do this, not with any mascara I've ever used. Usually wiping off the excess in the tube and on some paper towels is sufficient. I was actually sitting there at work this morning trying to separate my lashes with a staple!!! Because I don't carry a lash comb with me (there's never been a need) and because all my push pins were holding up my daughter's art work, I resorted to separating my glued-together eyelashes with a staple. I looked like I had 3-4 spider lashes on each eye. I'm not quite sure what I would've said had my coworkers seen me attacking my own lashes with something other than a mascara wand. The only pros: cheap price, rich color (I got "very black"), easy accessibility. Don't let the inexpensive price and distinctive packaging , or in my case, the claim that this makes your eyes look a little whiter because there are actually some subtle blue pigments in the formula (I actually read that in one the of magazines) trick you. This mascara isn't going to make you anything but annoyed for giving in to the hype.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 12:52:00 AM More reviews by kself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

With all the talk about this mascara, I had to finally try it. Plus, it was on sale for less than 3 bucks. Now, I have very dark brown/black eyelashes that are fairly long (they touch my eyebrows when I'm looking straight ahead). That being said, you may be wondering, why even wear mascara at all. Good question, but the answer is a simple "lift and separate." Hence, I like to see what different mascaras do for my eyes. This mascara does both with the little wand (surprise), but it also gives my lashes a "wet" look. As others have mentioned, it does take a while to dry, which can be a little frustrating when trying to build it up. So put a layer on when you do your makeup in the morning and another when you get out of the car at work (or wherever you may be). And that famous pink and green packaging? I love it! Definitely will be rebuying this even though it's not exactly my HG.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 8:14:00 PM More reviews by cdo0208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, I always thought this mascara was way overrated, and I'm surprised that people here agree with me, because my friends seem to really like this mascara and every magazine raves about it. Maybelline is a great mascara brand, but this is the worst one that I've tried from them. This really doesn't do anything for my lashes at all. Instead of enhancing my lashes (which is what mascara is supposed to do), it made them look worse. It smudges and clumps a lot. Although this is cheap, it's a waste of money in my opinion. I'd rather wear no mascara at all rather than resorting to this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by chrissystyles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Worst product ever made - no idea why anyone would like this. The fame that this product has is one of the best marketing and PR scams I have ever seen.

The formula is wet, takes 7 minutes to dry which leads to getting rings under your eyes and on your lids. No such thing as layering this mascara bc of the time it takes for each coat to dry. The bristles are very far apart which is good for separating and leaving you with lashes that are 1 centimeter apart from eachother. The formula is not long wearing, its just horrible. Don't even waste your $.