Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 1/19/2008 11:32:00 PM

I heard good reviews about this classic, inexpensive mascara that comes in the green and pink tube. I think it's over rated. It works okay and it's effective, but there are better ones out there.

on 1/19/2008 7:13:00 PM

No way would I ever buy this stuff again! It doesnt lengthen, curl, or volumize. In my opinion the only thing this stuff is good for is putting a little black on some lashes. It is cheap though. I wouldnt recommend it.

on 1/18/2008 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this mascara and for $3 I cant beat it.

on 1/18/2008 6:04:00 PM

i bought this sometime ago after hearing very positive reviews, pple saying its a staple, all-time classic etc. my lashes need all the help they can get. i bought it in blackest black when that shade was released. the packaging is ok, bright pink/green, cute. the brush is diffeent from most, not sepaate bristles, its in a spiral. application was ok, it did separate the lashes ok, but i began to itch around the eyes some hours later, and i ended up with red swollen eyes, my skin dried out and flaked off all round the corners of my eyes and in the creases of the brow. I couldnt go out of the house 4 a few days cos i looked so scary. Six months later i decided to try it again to see if last time was due to the mascara or whether it was something unrelated because it was so well-reviewed i didnt want it to throw it out, but the same thing happended. i removed it thoroughyl and washed my eyes out as soon as i felt it start to itch again. It went straight in the bin after that.

on 1/17/2008 5:58:00 AM

I love this mascara! Firstly because it doesn't get clogged at all, and secondly because it provides a nice even layer across your lashes. If you use the wand correctly you can elongate your lashes, and it dries nicely too.

You need to make sure that you renew your tube though, cos they tend to run out of their powers after 6 months.

on 1/16/2008 12:34:00 AM

*LOVE* this mascara. I've tried expensive brands like Chanel, Lancome and Clinique, as well as other drugstore brands, and Great Lash outperforms them all (I like Clinique's "Naturally Glossy" mascara too for a more natural look). Great Lash makes my lashes look long, thick and beautiful - it never clumps or globs (It is very wet - more wet than other brands, so it gives you plenty of time to apply just the way you want it without drying too quickly or creating spider-leg clumps). The wetness of this mascara is a huge plus for application - it goes on glossy and smooth, and gives you time to separate lashes or otherwise get them going exactly the way you want, without drying on you prematurely while your still applying (nothing worse than trying to apply a second coat of mascara over an already-dry first coat - clump city!). And although it takes a bit longer for Great Lash to dry (Like all of 30 seconds more - big deal), that is exactly what makes it so great. Great Lash is a classic - I love it and will always use it! :)

on 1/15/2008 7:53:00 PM

I can't believe they still make this mascara!! I got a tube for fun and it is not like I remembered; it is really clumpy and does not coat smoothly ending with a gloopy mess. There is a lot better out there.

on 1/15/2008 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara is alright; when it's new, it goes on smooth. More than two strokes will make your lashes clumpy. I find it flakes off and lands on the top of my cheeks. I can't figure out why it's always a #1 or top choice. Meh.

on 1/14/2008 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Never understand why this is supposed to be the top choice of make-up artists. I used this back in the 80s when I first started wearing make-up and there wasn't a lot of choices, tried it again as an adult after they re-designed the tube and made a curved brush, but would never spend even $1 on this. Always clumped, smudged and performed poorly. I'm a big proponent of using drugstore mascara, but I have yet to find a Maybelline mascara that works well. I'll stick with CoverGirl or Almay.

on 1/14/2008 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Absolute worst mascara I've ever tried. It smells horrible, is clumpy, hard to remove from lashses yet still seems to cling to your under eye area. Not sure why magazines seem to love this product, unless they are getting some sort of kickback.