Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this mascara, I don't think it's as great as saying it's the #1 mascara in USA or things like that, but I think is very good in its way.
I agree that it doesn't lenghten or trasform a lot the lashes, so if women with short or skinny lashes (who obviously look for products that make their lashes longer or thicker) try it, they won't like this at all. My personal experience is that this mascara is for women who are happy with their lashes and just want to add color and definition with a natural finish or for an everyday look. For that, this mascara is the best I've ever tried and it really has a great brush. I use it everyday, and gives my lashes a natural look that I love. Of course, I wouldn't use it for a party or a night out with friends...for that, I use Bourjois Volume Glamour.
I just think this is a misunderstood mascara, because it's really great in it's way. It only depends on what type of mascara you are looking for.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS MASCARA AND I REGRET EVER BUYING IT AND TRYING IT!! WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. I ORIGINALLY PURCHASED IT BECAUSE OF THE ALL THE STELLAR REVIEWS I KEPT READING ABOUT IT IN ALL THE MAJOR FASHION MAGAZINES, SO I DECIDED TO TRY IT.
ONCE UPON A TIME I HAD LONG DEFINED LASHES.....THIS MASCARA SERIOUSLY CAUSED ALMOST ALL OF MY LASHES 2 FALL OUT, ITS EXTREMELY DRYING AND JUST BLAH!!
I HATE IT!! IT SHOULD BE RECALLED !!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Would I buy this agan??! Never! I used to buy this in highschool in the 80s when choices were so few and baby sitting money was so little! I would never buy a product that did nothing positive for my lashes but clump them up! I am amazed that this product is still touted as a top product from make up artists...they must have some secret that the rest of the world does not know about! Update: I just read an article on the internet from a famous make up artist saying that the sole reason why they use this mascara is because it is so wet and it is only used on top of FAKE eyelashes....it is perfect for that application, he said no make up artist would ever use great lash alone on bare lashes, just fakes....now it makes sense to me!

I must agree with all the negative reviews--I tried this once a few years ago, and it just clumped, clumped, clumped. I don't know how any "professional makeup artists" use it--it didn't do anything positive for me.

Oh dear. Clumps ahoy. Not to mention the rather unattractive flaking and smudging - I don't think I've ever come across a mascara that flakes so badly and so quickly.

Will not be going there again.

Hehe wow this stuff isn't worth the 1 dollar or so I paid for it. Please, for the sake of your wallet, eyes, and all of MUA humanity, save that goddamn dollar for a rainy day. Just think... 3 more of those and you could get yourself a decent drugstore mascara... no I'm serious. This product's quality is equivalent to that of your little sister's Hannah Montana eyeshadow pallet. Actually that palette may even be better worth your moolah. Please do not look into this product. Could I have provided better analogies?

WOW SUCKS! Smears so easily. I wait for it to dry, and right when I blink theres all these black lines. I don't see the appeal in this product. Why is it all over magazines saying its the best? Stupid really..

Like most of the other people on this board I have never understood the appeal of this mascara one bit. It seems like a rite of passage for young models and actresses to say in interviews that this is their favourite mascara - maybe Maybelline is giving them a big fat kickback? And I mean a cash kickback, not free products as who would want Maybelline cosmetics? They are generally horrible. This mascara runs, clumps, and even manages to make my naturally curled lashes STRAIGHT. And the packaging colours are creepy, they remind me of the scary gas masks the Joker made people wear in the first Batman film! Try Chanel Inimitable instead.

UGH!! This mascara, although rated to be the best and bragged about how professional make-up artists use them, is AWFUL!!! After applying the mascara and having it on for a couple of hours, I got raccoon eyes! Thankfully, I was just trying out the product and stayed at home! The pink and green packaging is just plain wierd. For people on a tight budget, even though this is cheap, don't buy it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The worst mascara ever!
I still haven't found one that I love enough to be loyal to yet- so I decided to give Great Lash a try again. It's supposed to be the "classic" that makeup artists use, right?
I have always had long, thick lashes- and use mascara to accentuate that. As soon as I began using this product, I found myself wondering if my eyelashes had begun thinning, because they didn't look like they used to. And everytime I put it on I have to continuously check the mirror to get the goop that it leaves all over my face from when I blink (because it takes forever to dry).
Don't waste your money.