August 2, 2014 | 1342 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2003 12:52:00 PM More reviews by LaraConn

"Eh" - that's my reaction to this product. I just don't get what the big deal is about it. It doesn't work any better than any other balm I've tried. I do like the tube better than the tin, and like the fact that it doesn't have an awful taste, but it just doesn't do too much for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2003 1:50:00 PM More reviews by lilcutiepie

I got this in the tube, which is my favorite form of lip balm. I have constantly dry lips, especially my lower one, and I found this surprisingly effective. I've read other reviews here about lip peeling and drying out, and this happened to me too BUT!!! I've found the MORE MOISTURIZING the lip balm is, the more I have this 24-36 hour period after using it that my lips will flake and peel. It's almost like it's softened up my lips enough to get rid of that dead layer and then it's baby butt smooth from there. I wasn't particularly pleased with the mint sensation but I've grown used to it, and I find with regular use it isn't very noticable anyway. Definitely a thumbs-up from me - if it didn't have the peppermint I'd give it five lippies.****UPDATE****Had to come back and give it that last lippie - this stuff really is amazing! My life-long lip peeling problem has VANISHED with this stuff (and I'm 29 - that's a long time!) HOORAY! I can finally wear lipsticks and glosses now that don't make my lips flake and peel b/c I have this as a base.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2003 7:22:00 PM More reviews by melmorn2

I love this lip balm- it is great on its own, under lipstick or mixed in with lipstick and put on my lips. I love the tingling sensation and how it makes my lips feel so smooth and soft!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2003 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Aiko_Aiko

I'm not super impressed with this lip balm. I'm not a big fan of 'cool and tingly' lip balms and didn't realize that's what I was getting with this one (my own fault, for not reading the ingredients. Peppermint oil? Duh.) The sensation lasts for a good ten, fifteen minutes, and then thankfully disappears. I have this in pot form, and find it takes a few attempts to get a decent amount of product on my lips. If I were ever to buy this again (which I doubt I would) I'd go for the tube. It's fairly moisturizing once it's on, but an hour later I find myself needing to reapply. I'm pretty sure this lip balm will be discarded, forgotten or given away, long before I finish it. Without the 'cooling' sensation (which I hate) I'd have rated this a three.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2003 5:39:00 PM More reviews by orangesofa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE! This is the best lipbalm I have used. It's very long lasting (still strong after 4 hours)and stings a little (Peppermint relieves discomfort) and does not have fruity flavors.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2003 5:58:00 AM More reviews by devilzwind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a big lipbalm person and this did not impress me at all. When you lick your lips, this peppermint taste stays in your mouth, and the lip balm feels weirdly tingly on your lips all the time. It has a waxy feel, but the packaging is quite cute (they use post-industrial recycled plastic, good). It gives lips a matte look for has next to no lasting power and you need to reapply constantly. The balm is also very hard. (Is that good or bad?) It's quite moisturizing, but there are DEFINITELY better lip balms.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2003 3:08:00 AM More reviews by laurapausini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product because of the tingly feeling it leaves on your lips. I don't think that this left your lips any softer than Carmex, or Blistex, etc. I like the pleasing peppermint aroma, and the packaging, and the price. Overall, this is a good lip treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2003 2:19:00 PM More reviews by cmnakamoto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lip balm. I own three tubes and I leave them in various locations so that I'm never far from soft lips! I didn't care for the metal containers so I switched to the tubes. The tingly feeling is awesome and if I apply before bedtime, it moisturizes through the whole night. I like this much better than the Kiehl's that I have and it's much cheaper too!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2003 10:09:00 PM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This just doesn't live up to the hype for me.

I don't like minty lip balm, or stiff balm, and this has mint flavor and goes on kind of thick.

I prefer Labello far above this balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2003 8:09:00 PM More reviews by brizendam

you can buy this lip balm in the tube so you don't have to hassle with the metal container.