Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 7/22/2003 3:22:00 AM

I hated it when I first bought it (esp. the smell) But over time it grew on me. It really is a good product. It does what a lip balm does and adds a tingle to it too. I like that it does not create a ugly "reddish" color on my lips like chapstick does.

on 7/22/2003 12:31:00 AM

The two reasons I'm (against my will!!) addicted to this balm is #1 its texture makes it ideal for smoothing on under lipstick and #2 the peppermint TINGLE! I have yet to find any other tingly lip balm...the closest I've found is origin's liquid lipsticks (great stuff, btw). Unfortunately, this means my lip smackers and expensive benetint balm are gathering dust :(

on 7/20/2003 8:59:00 PM

I have had chapped lips since 1st grade (I'm 29 now), so yes... you can imagine, I HAVE tried just about every product for chapped lips out there.
All others were satisfactory (I thought) until a friend clued me to Burt's Bees Lipbalm. Praise be to God for this product! It goes on smoothly (although a brand new tube is a bit tough, but smoothes out wonderfully after a couple uses). It has a wonderful penetrating, soothing tingle, and it lasts! If i don't fidget about with my lips too much or eat, it stays on for hours and hours. It has never made my lips peel or itch like some petroleum based products, and yes, I'm very sensitive too but it has never bothered me at all in any way. Love, love, love this product! I have used this product faithfully for at least 3 years straight and would panic if they stopped making it. lol It is a bit pricey I guess, (retail $2.50) but worth it at that price. But I've been getting it at drugstore.com, $1.99 a tube (I get them 10 at a time!) yes, i love it THAT much! lol
The only problem I can think of about it is when winter hits and it gets chilly, the lipbalm tends to wax over the lips a bit and turn greyish, but as soon as you go inside and warm up a bit... good as new! So, except for a few small drawbacks, for me, it's an A+++ product for chapped lips, and believe me, I KNOW. ;P

on 7/18/2003 3:54:00 PM

It is simple- it does everything a lip balm should do-which is moisturize lips. I use it under lipstick and glosses that tend to dry out my lips. It would be better if it had sunscreen.

on 7/15/2003 1:26:00 PM

This is highly overrated! I read about it in In Syle magazine so I went and got some. It's sticky and unimpressive! Would not buy again! I'll stick to Cherry Chapstick!

on 7/15/2003 4:01:00 AM

One of my fave lip balms. I use it in the tin (I love the packaging) I just hate using it with my long nails (it's hard to not dig when you have long nails).

The texture, scent, and effectiveness is great. I find that I have to apply a few swipes to get the most moisturizing effect or else it doesn't feel soothing.

I love the mintyness! Great product I recommend it!

on 7/14/2003 9:09:00 AM

I love this stuff. Smells good. Makes my lips tingley and soft. I perfer it in the tube not the pot. This is the ONLY balm I can get my husband to use! Yeah, no maore chapped hubby lips!

on 7/14/2003 2:34:00 AM

This product is highly over-rated in magazines, but that's probably because they get paid to say good stuff about products, ha ha! It's too waxy to do any good. The only thing I like about it is the smell.

on 7/10/2003 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'd say this is average. I like the sensation when I put it on and the smell, but it doesn't last very long and I don't think it does anything exceptional for my lips. I was surprised to find that when I bought it in stick/tube form I didn't like it much at all (weird texture) and actually threw it away; I recommend the tub/tin form.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Not bad for a lip balm, but nothing to rave about and I probably won't be repurchasing this. I thought the 'cooling' feeling would be nice...especially when kissing but it really didn't do much IMHO.

Popular Lip Treatments