January 29, 2015 | 1043 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2003 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This leaves my lips dry and tight. What's the point of using a lip balm that dries my lips?! Most cheap drug store brands are better than this. It stings my lips too much, and I have to reapply every 20 minutes. I will not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2003 4:46:00 PM More reviews by strutter1851

I love this lip balm! We don't have it where I live, so when I find it somewhere I get 3 or so. I love the cooling effect; doesn't stay on your lips forever, but what lip balm does? None; that's because it's not 10 hour lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2003 5:38:00 AM More reviews by JEvon

I only like to wear this lip balm at bedtime because for one, it's a much thicker product, so I don't have to worry about it smearing all over my pillows as I sleep and two, I find that it makes my lips look and feel fuller in the morning. It's probably just some sort of reaction to whatever is in it, but it's only temporary, so I don't think it's harming and for a while I have fuller looking lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2003 2:42:00 AM More reviews by jennylynn

Let me begin by admitting that I'm a Mentholatum addict--I love a cool, tingly lip balm when my lips are sore and chapped. Well, Burt's Bees is quickly becoming a new favorite. This isn't a super creamy or slick balm (I bought the tube-form)--I'm assuming that the beeswax gives it a firmer texture. But as it warms on your lips it becomes smoother and more emollient. Has a very nice (but quite strong) peppermint/rosemary scent/taste/tingle that helps to soothe my tired lips; and because of its firmer texture, it makes a great base under lipsticks/glosses. In spite of all of the rants I've read on this lipbalm, I'm a true convert! About $2.99 a tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2003 7:33:00 PM More reviews by storejunkies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got this with a GWP package from beauty.com, not much different than my usualy chapstick, the smell is unique tho, can't quite put my nose on it. is it honey taste? since chapsticks are easier to find, i think i'll stick with chapsticks.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2003 12:17:00 PM More reviews by pelly

Ick! peppermint oil is very irritating to my lips. Stingy, burny. ICK.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2003 11:44:00 PM More reviews by bacontogo

I've been using this thing up for like 3 years and it's not even halfway done! ahhhh! let me tell you how long I've had this: I got it for free at Lilith Fair in 1999. it makes my lips somewhat soft, but you have to really layer it on to feel it working. plus i hate peppermint :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2003 4:10:00 AM More reviews by omgkthnx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this lip balm. When you put it on it has such a wonderful tingling feeling, and it's not thick or heavy at all. It made my lips soft and the peppermint scent is just plain heavenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2003 9:27:00 PM More reviews by clover777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best lip balm I've ever used, even compared to Kiehl's and other higher priced brands. It's very moisturizing and cools with peppermint oil. It's perfect for sensitive, dry to normal skin. I like it both with and without spf, though the one with sun protection has a waxier, less moisturizing, texture. At less than $3 per tube it's a great value!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2003 6:28:00 PM More reviews by flightymagnolias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i didn't like this as soon as i put it on. it was greasy and felt kinda heavy on my lips. it tingled at first then i started to sting my lips so bad i almost washed it off. luckily that finally went away. uhhh... a plus was the peppermint scent and cooling feeling was nice.