Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 8/3/2003 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best lip balm! It feels so amazing on my lips, and I'm addicted to it.

on 8/2/2003 11:50:00 PM

I suppose it's the peppermint oil that stings and burns and makes me want to chip this stuff off immediately. It's rather stiff, like rubbing a candle or a block of paraffin across your lips. I prefer the DrPepper Lip Smacker from Bonne Bell. Or just about anything. Ack!

on 7/28/2003 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I am giving this 4 lippies because i don't like it as much as smith's salves. It serves a slightly different purpose though. This is a great staple to have in yr coat pocket or pencil case to slick on through the day. It isn't super moisturising like some lip balms so I wouldn't use it for a night product, but it is a simple and cute lip balm that beats drugstore brands. The peppermint oil in it is zingy and cooling, and Vit E, coconut oil and sunflower oil soften and protect the lips. EDIT: I have added a lipstick because I have found I use this ALL the time and can't go out without it! It is really convenient and cute and I like the minty smell more and more.

on 7/24/2003 10:39:00 PM

Love the texture - just the right combination of waxy and creamy - but hate the peppermint. I don't know... some people like that "tingy" feel, but it feels more like "burning lips" to me! Because of that, and the lack of SPF, I'm only giving this a 3 and moving on.

Lip balm with a nice tingly peppermint fragrance. I'm a peppermint fan so that was a welcome surprise. I basically put this on every night before bed. I like the texture, too, not too waxy.

on 7/22/2003 3:22:00 AM

I hated it when I first bought it (esp. the smell) But over time it grew on me. It really is a good product. It does what a lip balm does and adds a tingle to it too. I like that it does not create a ugly "reddish" color on my lips like chapstick does.

on 7/22/2003 12:31:00 AM

The two reasons I'm (against my will!!) addicted to this balm is #1 its texture makes it ideal for smoothing on under lipstick and #2 the peppermint TINGLE! I have yet to find any other tingly lip balm...the closest I've found is origin's liquid lipsticks (great stuff, btw). Unfortunately, this means my lip smackers and expensive benetint balm are gathering dust :(

on 7/20/2003 8:59:00 PM

I have had chapped lips since 1st grade (I'm 29 now), so yes... you can imagine, I HAVE tried just about every product for chapped lips out there.
All others were satisfactory (I thought) until a friend clued me to Burt's Bees Lipbalm. Praise be to God for this product! It goes on smoothly (although a brand new tube is a bit tough, but smoothes out wonderfully after a couple uses). It has a wonderful penetrating, soothing tingle, and it lasts! If i don't fidget about with my lips too much or eat, it stays on for hours and hours. It has never made my lips peel or itch like some petroleum based products, and yes, I'm very sensitive too but it has never bothered me at all in any way. Love, love, love this product! I have used this product faithfully for at least 3 years straight and would panic if they stopped making it. lol It is a bit pricey I guess, (retail $2.50) but worth it at that price. But I've been getting it at drugstore.com, $1.99 a tube (I get them 10 at a time!) yes, i love it THAT much! lol
The only problem I can think of about it is when winter hits and it gets chilly, the lipbalm tends to wax over the lips a bit and turn greyish, but as soon as you go inside and warm up a bit... good as new! So, except for a few small drawbacks, for me, it's an A+++ product for chapped lips, and believe me, I KNOW. ;P

on 7/18/2003 3:54:00 PM

It is simple- it does everything a lip balm should do-which is moisturize lips. I use it under lipstick and glosses that tend to dry out my lips. It would be better if it had sunscreen.

on 7/15/2003 1:26:00 PM

This is highly overrated! I read about it in In Syle magazine so I went and got some. It's sticky and unimpressive! Would not buy again! I'll stick to Cherry Chapstick!

Popular Lip Treatments