October 30, 2014 | 1335 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2003 4:44:00 PM More reviews by ShortMegan

Ouch! Not a good product...the taste is good, but the peppermint really makes my lips dry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2003 9:52:00 PM More reviews by anooshka

This stuff is way over-rated. the menthol in it feels good at first but does nothing to soothe your lips if they actually are chapped. Also, it feels really waxy. I have had three containers of it for soo long and even though I run out of lip balm fast, I will never ever finish this. I think I will stick to Philosophy's "kiss me" and MAC's "lip conditioner".

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2003 10:22:00 PM More reviews by BLB693

I love my Beeswax Lip Balm and have for years. The natural peppermint oil slightly plumps up your lips. This is the only lip balm - no matter what the price - that truly does prevent your lips from chapping. Its a must before gliding on lip liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2003 1:39:00 PM More reviews by kimbomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this stuff. but definitely prefer the tube to the pan form. love the minty smell and feel. this stuff is great for me in the wintertime, i can almost feel like lips healing instantly. i carry this around with me everywhere as a pick me up. you can't go wrong with burt's bees!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2003 2:51:00 PM More reviews by smw238

Definitely a winner. It certainly isn't for everyone, but I like the tin, the minty smell (great for that nightcap smooch), and the "hardened" texture vs. goopy vaseline-like texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2003 2:43:00 PM More reviews by AngeRose

This is the best lip balm ever in my book. My lips can't be without it for long! I have a tube in my backpack, one in my purse, and one I keep at home. Nothing else I've tried tingles and soothes the lips like this does. The price is unbeatable and it lasts forever. Probably won't ever be able to live without it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2003 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Hkitty6

This is okay I guess. I'm addicted to lip balms, and even though I for some reason have a few tins of this, and a few tubes, it's really not one I reach for often. I like lipbalms that are a little smoother and more... I dunno the right word... spreadable I guess. This is just a little hard/waxy for me sometimes I guess. But I do like the tingle!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2003 1:15:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the "Eh" comment. I find this to be hard and waxy. The mint is ok, but theres also a rather strong herbal thing going on. I can think of a million balms that I prefer and are more moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2003 12:52:00 PM More reviews by LaraConn

"Eh" - that's my reaction to this product. I just don't get what the big deal is about it. It doesn't work any better than any other balm I've tried. I do like the tube better than the tin, and like the fact that it doesn't have an awful taste, but it just doesn't do too much for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2003 1:50:00 PM More reviews by lilcutiepie

I got this in the tube, which is my favorite form of lip balm. I have constantly dry lips, especially my lower one, and I found this surprisingly effective. I've read other reviews here about lip peeling and drying out, and this happened to me too BUT!!! I've found the MORE MOISTURIZING the lip balm is, the more I have this 24-36 hour period after using it that my lips will flake and peel. It's almost like it's softened up my lips enough to get rid of that dead layer and then it's baby butt smooth from there. I wasn't particularly pleased with the mint sensation but I've grown used to it, and I find with regular use it isn't very noticable anyway. Definitely a thumbs-up from me - if it didn't have the peppermint I'd give it five lippies.****UPDATE****Had to come back and give it that last lippie - this stuff really is amazing! My life-long lip peeling problem has VANISHED with this stuff (and I'm 29 - that's a long time!) HOORAY! I can finally wear lipsticks and glosses now that don't make my lips flake and peel b/c I have this as a base.