October 31, 2014 | 1475 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2007 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Jeennnyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great Lash mascara was one of my first mascaras I tried ( sicne it was cheap). Since I LOVE Dramatic false looking lases this product does nothing to give length or volume. This product is okay if youre looking for the "natural" just there to use mascara. This doesnt hold my curl and straightens my lashes after I curl them. Overall this product pretty sucked and i would not repurchase this ever again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by surfmidget211

Every magazine always raves about this mascara, so I decided to give it a try. But I was disappointed. It does nothing for my eyelashes. If your looking for just a simple gloss on your lashes, then it might be good. But i have long eyelashes and mostly look for a mascara to define and add fullness, and this mascara does not do this. My eyelashes look almost the same with it on as they do with out it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_Lace

This is a great everyday mascara - there are some blue pigments in the formula that bring out the whites of your eyes, making them look brighter and making me look more awake. The formula doesn't clump or flake on me, and it makes my eyelashes look longer since the color deposits along the length of them.

It doesn't volumize or lengthen, but I don't need that. This is a great mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 10:55:00 AM More reviews by lauradfromnc

I do generally keep a tube of this around even though I don't really like it--Just because it is cheap and I can keep it in my purse or desk at work for an emergency. So, I put that I would repurchase even though it is not great. I don't want a $17 tube of Lancome in my purse or desk or travel kit because it will dry out and go to waste. I don't feel bad about having this lying around and I don't use it much because I think it takes too long to dry and has caused me to have to repair my other makeup numerous times when I blinked or opened my eye too wide and got it up in my eye shadow. Besides that, it doesn't produce nearly as pretty a set of lashes as Hypnose by Lancome.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2007 1:17:00 AM More reviews by habs1820

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is supposed to be THE mascara to use from a drugstore but I was totally underwhelmed, if not unhappy. I didn't like the brush and the formula itself seemed to clump and flake. Overall, I didn't like it.

I worked as a model for over ten years and many makeup artists do have this in their case but there are many mascaras out there that I feel are much better. In fact, even Maybelline makes others that I feel are superior such as Full and Soft. I constantly have people ask what mascara I am wearing when I wear that and I prefer to buy that over more expensive ones because it has a nice brush, it does the trick and I don't mind throwing it out every 3 months because it's so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by daisygirl10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually really like this product. I have a hard time with mascaras actually working for me, this one does and its cheap! I use the blackest black shade and at first it looked really dark but I got used to it and I love it. I've given a couple other mascara's a try since but always go back to this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 1:54:00 AM More reviews by illure

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried a couple of name brand mascaras, and picked this up at Wal Mart 2 days ago. It's been the ONLY mascara for me that's actually lifted my lashes and kept them lifted with the help of an eyelash curler. The others seemed to weigh my lashes down. I'll continue using this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2007 2:58:00 PM More reviews by elleohelle

i really dont like this mascara. i do not understand why all of these magazines are naming it the best ever. after a single coat, it clumped my lashes so i couldnt do anything with them. gee thanks great lash, you aint so great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Manillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm African-American so I already have black eyelashes. I use mascara for the needed everyday va-voom. I always purchase this in Blackest Black. What can I say? It does it job, which is to make lashes "very black." If you want anything else, go somewhere else because it is NOT non-clumping, it does NOT give the appearance of longer lashes, it is not glossy...the only thing it does is make your lashes Blackest Black and that is it.

Personally though, that's all I want so I'll stick with this until I decide to venture away from it. Dirt cheap, why get anything else?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by shockd

This product does the job for a inexpensive price. And by 'does the job', I mean it darkens the lashes. Nothing else. It 'enhances' your natural beauty, if you will. I find that it doesn't clump very often, it's the blackest mascara I've used, and it stays put after it's dried.

It does stay wet for a while, which can result in residue, and it will not curl or 'lengthen' your lashes in one coat. But it's a decent little mascara for the daytime, particularly if you have a natural/nude eye.