February 1, 2015 | 1623 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by iwearspacepants

I prefer stiffer bristles on a mascara brush being that my lashes are barely there and the large soft brush works mostly for those who already have full lashes. However, I had to stop using it because my eyes got extremely irritated (think stinging, redness, swelling); it probably was just my mascara (since I constantly change up my mascaras and I've already used this specific one before and such results did not occur) but I didn't love it enough to continue using it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by musicalhouses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

FYI: I'm reviewing the non-waterproof version of this mascara.

My experience: It's true that the formula for this is a bit "wet", and I find that shortly after I apply it smudges abound around the eye area - very annoying! However once it dries it stays on throughout the day, and I like that it doesn't smudge on me. However, I think the brush is only so-so, and have tried more expensive mascaras that lengthen much more. Also, my lashes stick together, and it's a hassle trying to separate them. However this is great for everyday use since I'm not too fussy, and it's not expensive. Since I'm not really into mascara anyway I would repurchase, but I can see why others would not like it.

Edit: Now that I've tried more mascaras, I find I'm not liking this at all. At the end of a long day it smudges a bit, and the effect is only mediocre. Downgrading the rating from 4 to 1.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by emma716

This mascara is probably my least favorite mascara of ANY and ALL that I have tried....and I have tried a lot! The brush makes it get everywhere when you apply it, it does nothing at all for my lashes, and it smears terribly throughout the day!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2007 6:37:00 PM More reviews by RenBrownINC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great, if youre looking to buy pure crap. I hated everything about it, from the cheapy look to the mascara itself to the brush. YUCK

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have no idea why this product always makes it into best of beauty lists over and over again. I cannot stand the brush. The bristles are too far apart to cover my lashes the way I want to. This is one of the few mascaras that I have to use a comb afterwards to get rid of not clumps but lashes that stick together. I don't care how great the formula is, the brush does not work. I have tried this a few times, but I know that is not the mascara for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by bekah_rae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't use this mascara for regular wear, but it's good for theatre. I really like my other mascara (MK Ultimate) the best, but for theatre you go through a lot of mascara pretty quickly so this is the best for the price and the quality. I get it in black.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by paigupaigu

This is the first mascara I've ever tried and sadly, it does NOT live up to the hype. Consistency was thick, which made me believe I would only need a tiny bit to coat my lashes. however, it was very hard to spread and ended up congealing in a nasty way at the tips of my lashes. Worse, my eyes began watering the day(s) I wore this which lead me to believe they contain some sort of fragrance or substance that is irritating. The tube dried out very quickly, but that might be due to the fact I kept "pumping" the wand in an attempt to get some of the thick gunk off the wand (and off my lashes!)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2007 3:06:00 AM More reviews by icannotthinkofone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this to be a very basic black mascara. It's good for a simple, natural look. It's quite cheap too. But I won't buy it again. For the price, I think there are better low-end mascaras out there. I'm another one of those who don't understand how this mascara is on the list of top beauty products.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2007 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ginafranklin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've never been able to wear mascara without severe smudging. The only mascara I've ever been able to use was Cover Girl's Anti-Smudge Mascara and they quit making that years ago. For years, I've gone without mascara and have even dyed my lashes to get around mascara. I've had enough. I am determined to find a mascara that does not smudge.

Based on the reputation of this mascara, I decided to give it a try. I purchased it in Black at my local Ulta store.

Before trying, I used an eyelash curler to ensure my lashes were curled. The mascara went on thicker than I would have wanted and clumped a little.

The big test was the smudging. On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being major racoon eyes, I would say this was a 1. Within 3 minutes of applying this mascara, it was already starting to smudge. After an hour, I looked like I had been crying with non-waterproof mascara on. I happened to be in Ulta at the time and a sales person approached me and offered me the use of eye makeup remover on the spot. Needless to say, I looked pretty bad.

Overall, I think this is a horrible product. I don't understand why it has the reputation it does.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2007 2:29:00 AM More reviews by overthetop

I got this in brownish black by accident, I ment to get very black. Its still quite dark which is good. For the price I paid its pretty good. Cheaper ones I have bought made my eyes itch and I stopped using them. Doesn't really clump and its a cute bottle. 3.5/5