Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 1/3/2008 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I hate this mascara and can't believe make-up artist would even use it. It has such a huge following which just amazes me since it is not even a decent mascara. It is very clumpy and smudgy, basically everything you would not want in a mascara-or a t least I don't.

I bought this in blackest black and I thought it would be a great product. I had read a lot of reviews on it. I bought it and couldn't wait to open and try it. I was majorly disappointed. Not only did it clump and flake but also when I tried to wash it off I got major racoon eyes. I stayed with the product for about 3 months, but I have found a product that is so much better to replace it (CoverGirl Volume Exact).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i find this to be the worst mascara i have ever used. even the 99 cent NYC mascara i used in the 6th grade works better than this.
runny, thin brush, spider lashes. wouldn't recommend if you actually want thick beautiful lashes!
the packaging is extremely cute and fun, but nothing else about this product is remotely fun.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Worst mascara I have ever used! It literally did nothing for my lashes. It was like coating them with air.

on 1/1/2008 6:02:00 AM

Absolutely nothing. Why has this been so much advertised?

I really don't like this mascara, it's weird. I don't know why I heard so much about people loving it and that it's the number one mascara. The brush is small and skinny and the mascara is runny and goopy. Overall it gives you spider lashes.

on 12/31/2007 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For $6 you can try something different.

It didn't really bring my lashes out as I thought it would be.
Not bad, but there's better out there.

on 12/31/2007 4:12:00 PM

I have an interesting history with this product. Back in the early 80s, when I was much, much younger, my sister and I used this product and it worked very well for us. I remember my father saying what lovely long lashes his daughters had. :) Fast forward to the present (I'm in middle 50s). I saw this product at CVS and was delighted. I bought it for old times sake and because I remembered that it used to work so well. Major disappointment! I hated the brush, to begin with. Now, you must consider that with age your lashes tend to grow thinner and sparser (that's right, another "perk" of aging :rolleyes: ). Maybe that is the reason why this very liquidy stuff made my lashes look like Betty Boop's. NOT the effect I want from a mascara. Also, they could have reformulated the product, a deplorable habit cosmetic companies have, since I cannot mention ONE product (cosmetic or perfume) that, in my experience, performed well under the "new formula."

Anyway, I put this mascara under the category of "May work well for those who have lush lashes" ... IOW, for those who do not need additional help. And that makes no sense to me.

on 12/30/2007 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is the biggest hoopla over NUTHIN! Who is actually buying this mascara every six seconds-claim made by Maybelline-it's runny, too wet, doesn't lengthen nor volumize the lashes. Yes, the packaging is retro cool ,but the content is horrendous.

on 12/30/2007 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to like this bec its so inexpensive but everytime i use it I get a black smudge under my lower eyelids . It doesnt happen with other mascaras. i gave it away to a friend and will never buy it again. Dont waste even 4bucks!