Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

OKAY, so this was the first mascara i brought in my life, i was never a mascara person and only a eyeliner person.
so this is what i think of the mascara in points
- very nice if you only use 1 coat
- 2 coats it gets a little clumpy
- 3 coats you get spiders on your eyes
- after 15 it becomes "black" snowFLAKES
- sumdges in apx. 3 hours ( i am asian w/ oily eyelides and undereyes thus it probably sumdges fater on me)
*so lets sum this up :
clumpy+flaky+sumdgy = CRAPPY

This is the absolute worst mascara i have ever tried. I believe all the make-up artists that swear by it are paid off to say it's the best. It doesn't lengthen, thicken or coat my lashes at all. I can't believe Maybelline still makes this junk.
Don't waste your dollars on this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I also find it quite hard to believe that makeup artists swear by this mascara. It's horrible. Clumpy, doesn't lengthen or thicken well. I have a decent set of lashes, so generally most mascaras work decently, but not this one. Awful!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know what it is but this is the only mascara that stings and makes my eyes tear all day long. The fumes might be too strong.
It makes my eyes look irritated and blood shot. It made my lashes stand out a little but it doesn't add any fullness or length...I should stick with voluminous but my next purchase will be Maybelline Define a lash, I will let you know how that goes .
Wont repurchase this again.

Great classic mascara, no clumps, no bunching, no flaking, smooth formula lasts on my lashes

:) I love it.

I was pleased to find that all the other members here had the same question in my head...why was this product so glorified by all the magazines I go to as my beauty resource? This product does absolutely nothing for my lashes, yet every single time I use it, I get some sort of an eye infection. About the only product I like from Maybelline is Full n Soft. Anyway...who needs beauty magazines since we have places like MakeupAlley to give us the real dish.

I used to have this when I was younger (we're talking about 8 years ago, when I was about 15) and I really liked it. I don't know if it's changed or what, but I hate it now. It clumps like crazy and smudges. HOWEVER, when they had the limited edition denim blue color a few years ago, I loved it! Didn't clump for some reason, and people were always commenting on how cool it made my eyes look. I miss that stuff so much.

edit - I found the blue again at my local walgreens. Doesn't really do anything as far as lengthining or volumizing, but in the light it makes your eyelashes blue-tinged which is very cool. So I'll give it one extra lippie.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Great lash does not give me great lashes.

Volume- nothing at all. it clumps up my lashes together and it looks like i only have five lashes.

Lengthening: None.

Colour: I give it one 1 point, because the color is very nice. The blackest black is very dark and pretty.

This is the best selling mascara, not the best mascara.

I wanted to love it though=(

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

i heard alot of good things about this mascara and had high hopes but i really did NOTHING to my lashes

Wow, this stuff is terrible. I had major racoon eyes when I got home from work for three days straight. (that's all I've used it) and I don't plan on using this stuff again. No other mascara has made my eyes look so bad by the end of the day :(

Popular Mascaras