April 16, 2014 | 2023 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2007 9:18:00 AM More reviews by juliajazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why I've seen this mascara in many magazines? It smudged like crazy!!!
embarressed me on the first day I tried. Thrown away. A waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2007 11:57:00 PM More reviews by heh8787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate this stuff! It does not make my lashes fuller or longer. It makes them look very sticky and hard. I don't see why this product is so popular. I like Full N Soft by Maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by igrayne01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybelline's Great Lash mascara truly lives up to its name. I have purchased manys different kinds of mascara, all in the hopes that they might give me those sky-high lashes you see on the models, but none of them have worked as well as this. In addition to the curved brush to keep those eyelashes looking ultra flirty, this one boasts really good staying power. And the best part about it is that it's not clumpy--hooray! The only time you have to worry is if you rub your eye, and then you're left with raccoon eyes. So not hot. Other than that, this mascara is one of the best out there!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 6:40:00 AM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay, so I've used this product for different reasons on and off for decades. My first experience with this product was when I was about 14 (1977). My friend in school had the most amazing lashes and she swore by this, it just never looked the same on me. Years later I realized why. In order for this mascara to work you need to let it "set" for a few seconds before you go over it with the wand. My other problem with this mascara is the brush. It's the teeniest, crappiest little brush around. I found that when you apply this with a separate mascara spooley the results are actually quite good. This a very decent basic mascara when applied correctly. However, there are such better options out there, that it's kinda become obsolete. Nowadays, a mascara can add volume, curl, lengthen, this seems to just darken and coat decently. So in the end, it's not the worst, but not the best, and certainly not deserving of any awards other than for just longevity, because it's been around for over 3 decades now. In the life of cosmetics, that's antique!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Sweet_Capri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in the minority because I dont hate this, but I dont love it. I actually prefer wet formulas that make my lashes dark and glossy and this does the job. I think what's problematic about this mascara is the small brush. I dont think the formula of the mascara works to its full potential when you have such a small brush with very few and short bristles to separate lashes, and instead, it ends up clumping them. You have to wait till your coat dries a bit in order to work with the mascara otherwise you'll end up one big clumpy mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2007 1:03:00 AM More reviews by delinquentdaisy

Despite its popularity, this has to be the worst mascara I've ever used. The price is reasonable, but since it clumps and smudges easily it's hardly a bargain.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by superkathy

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I usually don't buy anything w/o reading MUA first. But for this one, I really needed a non-waterproof mascara so I got it w/o looking at any reviews. Originally I was gonan get a Rimmel but this one caught my eyes because it was so cheap. I think it was about $4. The one that I got was the very black one, and I expected to get something that works for lengthening my lashes. It did lengthen my lashes quite well, and after i curled my lashes, the mascara stayed for the whole day. However, you have to be very careful or it would smudge. Also, i wear contacts and i found it a bit irritating. I don't know if it's because I applied too closely to my eyelids. I think for this price it is doing its job well. Also it is easy to remove by water so you don't have to rub your eyes hard. However, I think I will try something else next time, since this one didn't give any volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by hjv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my standard mascara. It applies easily, without clumps, and lasts all day. I use Very Black, which accentuates the lashes without being overpowering. If I apply it gently enough, it doesn't run or cake. I think it's excellent value for money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

Why do people love this stuff? I tried it out about a year or two ago and I remember it being a clumpy flaky mess. IT IS HORRIBLE STUFF!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by GStelz

This is by far the most overrated product in the history of beauty products.

Oh whoop, it doesn't clump...but many other mascaras don't clump. The non-clumping formula is about as advanced as this stuff gets.

It doesn't give me volume or length. My lashes need all the help they can get (being a natural blond ain't all it's cracked up to be!).

I'm a real beauty junkie and expect more from my products - so many other mascaras at the drug store which create far sexier lashes!