Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Ozokerite, Shellac, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium 15, Simethicone, Quaternium 22, Butylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289) (CI 77289), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 12/30/2007 5:23:00 PM

Worst mascara I have ever used. I bought this after reading in some fashion magazine for the billionth time that all the famous makeup artists use it. I do not get the hype. Its an average formula with a positively awful brush. I used it for a while with an old L'oreal brush just not to waste it, but I gave up and threw it out since it was gloppy and slow drying and smudged all over the place. The only "pro" is the retro looking tube.

on 12/29/2007 4:18:00 PM

Bloody rubbish.

it clumps, flakes and even with the eyelash comb it ripped my lashes out. and yes i do know how to put on makeup.

I've used this mascara forever. For $6 it does a great job. It lengthens, thickens, and doesn't smudge easily. Now I've found mascaras by Maybelline and others that I prefer, but this is a classic that I'll always have in my cabinet. It really does a good job.

on 12/27/2007 1:00:00 PM

GROSS, there is nothing too special about this. One day i pulled the wand out and all of the product had clumped around the brush, I couldn't see the bristles!

on 12/26/2007 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm not sure why this is such a popular product. It is very clumpy and did not lengthen at all. I use drug store mascara all the time because I go through it so far, but this one is bad.

on 12/26/2007 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I kinda like this mascara when I am doing a natural makeup look. I got 2 for 3.99 and I bought the blackest black waterproof version. From previous experience I have found that the regular black just doesnt do much for me but the blackest black is awesome! I would compare this to Lancome Definicils as it does not really do much for your lashes other than seperate and darken them. It is the orignal Maybelline pink tube with green cap and it seems that sometimes the original is the best. Although, the definicils is better I cannot imagine paying so much for that mascara when this one basically does the same thing. This mascara is actually sold every three seconds (hehe some useless knowledge I acquired while working in the cosmetics industry). Interestingly enough L'Oreal who owns Lancome owns Maybelline. Maybe that is why the mascaras are so similair?

on 12/25/2007 6:16:00 PM

I dont know why the reviews on this product are so bad since they say its "America's #1 mascara"... anyways, i tried it n its a good mascara.. i brush it on like 3 or 4 coats at once n it gives me thicker looking lashes... i already hav long and somewhat thick lashes but it does enchance what i already have, and its cheap, ill buy agen!

on 12/25/2007 3:50:00 PM

This product is awesome! its also great to use over another mascara to darken the first one. Difenetly a staple.

on 12/25/2007 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this mascara this summer.
It works on me.
It looks very natural, not too long.
It's pretty good for everyday makeup!
If you don't think the volume is enough,you can use Great Lash as a base. It's good for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This mascara is sooooooo over-rated...it does nothing special...just makes my eyelashes darker...