December 20, 2014 | 946 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2003 6:59:00 PM More reviews by jenniferandroberts

I've tried this version and the waterproof and I end up with racoon eyes a few hours later. It looks great right after I put it on but it just doesn't last if you're a contact lense wearer and/or have allergies. UPDATE: I applied this only to top lashes and had no problems with "racoon eyes". I added an extra lipstick because it does make my eyelashes look thick and long.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2003 1:10:00 PM More reviews by PilarR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am on my fifteenth or twentieth tube of this stuff. Nothing will compare to my mid-1990's MAC mascara that was discontinued (RIP), so no mascara will get five lipsticks from me, but this and its waterproof version are the best I have found since. I have long lashes already, but this colors them smoothly, doesn't clumb, and seems to fluff them up a bit. I wear contacts and have sensitive eyes, and I do not have a problem wearing or removing this mascara. Great brush, great formula. I find that I like it best when it is fresh, so I buy new tubes every three months or so - but aren't we supposed to? ;) EDIT 4/3/05: Did Maybelline change the formula? I bought a tube yesterday, and returned it today! Spikey, hard lashes with crazy smearing. I had to re-do my eye make-up. What happened, Maybelline?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2003 10:48:00 PM More reviews by paleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the way this mascara feels and looks on my lashes. It is one of my drugstore favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2003 7:03:00 PM More reviews by ksperry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading MUA’s reviews of Full ‘n Soft mascara, I rushed out and bought some for myself! I’m so glad I read your reviews! I have previously used and loved Great Lash, but wanted to try something else. Full 'n Soft is definitely something else! It doesn't clump, but instead gives me wonderfully, just like the name, "full 'n soft" lashes. I don't even need to comb through them after applying this mascara. Plus, if you get it on sale, it's quite a bargain (mine was just $3 on sale and with a coupon!) This is my new Holy Grail mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2003 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ElizaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has got to be my favorite low end mascara. It really does make my lashes look full and soft, and there is very little to no clumping.I would definitely buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2003 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Feigen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was tempted after reading all the great reviews on this one. And although it did give a nice effect, full and soft lashes, it also smudges like mad. I am really disappointed because I am searching for a good low-end mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2003 9:53:00 PM More reviews by angiecat

I think that I have finally found the greatest mascara. I have tried almost every one that is out there from Chanel to Wet n'wild and this is the best I have tried. It separates perfectly and stays on my eyelashes very well. I usually have a problem with mascara's coming off under my eyes. This is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2003 10:26:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

I've tried about 7 mascaras in the last 2 months and this is one of the few that I can say I'd buy again. This mascara gives me nicely full lashes while adding a bit of lengthening. It didn't destroy my curl, minimally clumped, and stayed on very well throughout the day. But overall it didn't wow me. I guess I am just too picky about mascaras or I am delusional--I want a mascara that does it all and easily and wears like waterproof but comes off w/ my cleanser. This mascara fits that bill in most regards so I will continue to use for now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2003 7:58:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Creates very natural looking and soft lashes. Thickens a bit and holds the curl very well but doesn't lengthen. Smudges easily so I'd recommend the waterproof formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2003 9:02:00 AM More reviews by jen1103

Well this is about as close to a HG mascara as I can get. I have never found the perfect mascara for me, but this one goes on pretty easily with minimal clumping, and I don't get racoon eyes or flaking from it. Overall it's pretty good, but you have to keep the brush clean or it'll apply in gobs. Overall, thumbs up, and worth a try!