Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara

Water, Beeswax/Cera Alba, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PPG-17/IPDI/DMPA Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera Wax/Carnauba, Paraffin, Nylon 12, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Stearic Acid, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, PVP, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Panthenol, Dimethiconol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Isoceteth 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Simethicone, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylparaben, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide.

on 5/8/2003 8:41:00 AM

No clumping or smearing but nothing phenomenal like Shu's Drawing Mascara, Lancome flextencils and L"oreal lash architect. Can't beat the price.

on 5/7/2003 4:12:00 PM

I usually use Lancome's Flextencils but since I've been trying to save $$, I tried F&S (non-waterproof) in brownish-black and I'm definitely pleased. I get about 90% of the effect of Flex. (length,thickness, color depth)for about 25% of the price. Occasional clumps but I can work with those for the savings!!

on 5/5/2003 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

UPDATE! After using this for over a week I have decided I HATE this product. No it doesn't come out in clumps but it makes my lashes stick together, can't get any decent coverage from it, takes forever to dry, then I end up getting half of it all over my eyelid....which takes away even more valuable getting ready time. I finally threw it out in disgust! Geeeesh.

on 5/4/2003 12:38:00 PM

I don't get it--this stuff smudges for me in about five minutes. Who cares if it's full OR soft when it's all over your face? Max Factor 2000 calorie is ten times better and it doesn't smudge in the slightest.

on 5/4/2003 12:11:00 AM

i use this mascara everyday and abslolutely love it. i've tried other brands but always go back to the full n' soft. i find that it does not smudge and if you layer it on, it can give a real full lash look- lot's of volume!! the only downside is the brush- i find it a little on 'fat' side and sometimes i get the mascara on my eyelid as opposed to my lashes! but otherwise, an all around beauty staple for me.

on 5/3/2003 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Full 'N Soft mascara
Brownish Black
(Washable)

This is as great as everyone says it is. It makes lashes look much fuller and leaves them feeling very soft to the touch. I've had no problems with smudging, except when I'm very tired and forget that I'm wearing mascara and rub my eyes! Can't blame that on Maybelline, though.

Maybelline says: Soft-Wax Formula wraps each lash in comforting softness;
prevents loss of lashes with the Quick Dissolve system which allows easy mascara removal

www.maybelline.com continued >>

on 4/30/2003 1:13:00 PM

I'm beginning to think there is nothing wrong with drugstore mascara. After all, some of these companies (CG, Maybelline) have been formulating mascara for years. I was pleasantly surprised to find CG Super Thick (which I gave 3 lippies) but F&S is even better. Not as wet and goopy as CG Super Thick, doesnít dry out as quickly, and the application is very natural looking. Dark brown is nice for my PPP complexion too, not as harsh and dramatic as black without being too light either. And yep, lashes are full and soft. So, Iíll continue to rummage around the grocery and drugstore makeup isles I began shunning after I discovered Ďhigh endí back in HS. Itís all good! And it all add$ up, drugstore or not.

on 4/26/2003 11:21:00 PM

I was on a safari mission to find a good mascara, Ive tried many and threw them away. I wouldnt have minded spending some money-if a decent mascara came along- then, I read all the reviews on MUA-and, there were alot regarding this product, Thank you so much for recommending this excellent product. I was concerned about the fact that I wear contact lens-no problem, the packaging states it is safe for that issue and it happens to be gentle if it gets in the eye...I bought the waterproof because my mascara tends to wear off due to the contact solutions. I love this mascara! After searching and searching- I finally have my clutches on one that makes the lashes look thicker, softer and beautiful because the lashes dont stick together-best of all, it only cost as much as a couple of coffee drinks at Starbucks! Thanks again.

on 4/26/2003 2:29:00 PM

Mascaras build lashes in either length or volume using waxes - beeswax, carnuba wax or parafin. Typically, they're either the 2nd or 3rd ingredient. It stands to reason that if the wax is listed as the 2nd ingredient, your formula is more potent. The next determinant is the applicator. Of course, there are other factors such as, "Do I want to make a big impression in the ladies room in front of strangers or even women that I know with my Christian Dior Dior Show mascara (which has beeswax as the 3rd ingredient)?" If your answer is no, I recommend Maybelline Full 'n' Soft. I like this mascara. Nice formula, nice applicator. It has only one serious competitor, L'Oreal's Voluminous.

on 4/24/2003 12:27:00 AM

It powders up! however, the actuall "softness" of the product was nice and it didn't clump at all. Yet still....not worth it, powders up by the end of the day.