Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 1/9/2008 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't say I am impressed by this mascara at all. I really wanted to be and had high hopes considering some of the positive reviews I have read in magazines. In fact I was left bitterly disappointed by it. All it seemed to do was paint my short, sparse lashes black. They was no lengthening effect, no voluminising and thicker fluttery lashes. Literally, I could have felt tipped my eyelashes and acheived the same effect.

on 1/7/2008 10:03:00 PM

I've already got really dark, long eye lashes. I just needed a little something to make them pop. Great Lash does the trick for me. Target had an after Christmas deal, so I paid $1.25 for one. Does exactly what I need.

on 1/7/2008 6:20:00 PM

Allegedly the best selling masacara in the USA I had to give this one a go. What a disappointment. Nothing great about this product at all. Did not thicken or lengthen my lashs and I will NOT be wasting my money on this again!

on 1/7/2008 4:54:00 PM

I'm not completely sure why this mascara is getting so much attention in magazines and on t.v. The only thing I love about it is the curved brush. The product itself is too "wet" and it doesn't really adhere to your lashes without numerous coats. Luckily I naturally have very long lashes, so I shouldn't need multiple coats of mascara. Oh well, hopefully others will find it better.

on 1/6/2008 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really don't understand why all the magazines rave about this product. I used to use them all the time, before I realized that mascara was actually supposed to DO SOMETHING. Anything.

I mean, my lashes are extraordinarily short so I wasn't hoping for a miracle product or anything but... Nothing?

But one of my best friends is in love with this product... and she does have pretty eyelashes. The thing is, I've seen her without mascara, and they're less clumped and way prettier. All Great Lash did was tint them black and made them more noticeable. You can do this with ANY mascara on the market though, I'm pretty sure you could do this with some kind of brow dye...

All in all, this mascara was a waste of money because all it did was provide COLOR on my lashes. Not volume or length, just color.

on 1/6/2008 12:28:00 AM

Okay... so the pink and green is cute... but what a bad product. It clumps like crazy and takes forever to dry. I keep a tube in my bag for convenience. I apply it whenever I forget to put mascara on at home. After two hours, I look at the mirror and I see black smudges under my eye. Practically all the mascara I put on my lashes rubbed onto my face!!! It has absolutely no staying power!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Come on!! The whole industry gush over this poduct is well-paid BS. It's clumpy, messy, smudgy, smeary, Tammy Faye etc., etc. Why throw money down the drain?!

on 1/5/2008 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It adds a decent amount of volume to my lashes, and I wouldn't mind using it as a daily mascara except that it smudges like no other. Ugh. There are better drugstore-brand mascaras out there.

on 1/4/2008 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i used this when i was in high school, because i didn't know any better. i tried it again recently, and EW. it doesn't lengthen, doesn't hold a curl, it's heavy and makes my lashes limp, it's brittle. all it really does it coat my lashes into thick black CLUMPS. oh, and it smudges like crazy. i've tried mascaras from the 99cent store that worked better than this. WORST MASCARA I'VE EVER USED.

on 1/4/2008 3:10:00 PM

This is the first mascara I tried when I was just starting to put on makeup. I stuck with it for years because I just got used to having it around. Now that I am in my twenties and I know better, I can say that this stuff is a joke. It's clumpy, and is really drying to the eyelashes. Its not worth the cheap price, even in a makeup emergency!