Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

This is the only mascara my mom has ever consistently used, and I've had customers at work tell me that this is the only one they find themselves coming back to. I've gotta agree with Captain, this product does what it says, I don't know what other people are expecting but it covers the basics of what mascara is supposed to do. I've tried other brands [and I personally stick with VoluumExpress TurboBoost 7x as my HG] but I think that GreatLash is really awesome for the price and I still use it from time to time (See photo in my member pics). My eyelashes are the most unruly god awful ones out there, if I'm not wearing mascara it looks like I don't even have eyelashes, but pair this stuff wiith a good eyelash curler and you're good to go. I'd just stick with the black shades and not the browns, and it does flake a little bit, but I don't think I've ever had a tube of mascara that didn't flake, no matter how much I liked it and saw past it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't understand why this mascara is so hated. It doesn't claim to build your lashes 100x or lengthen by 1000%, it does what it says it will though. It goes on smoothly - no clumps - it does not flake and it thickens a bit. I've never had this flake on me unless it's an old tube. It adds definition, my lashes don't feel crunchy and it looks natural. The only thing I don't like is the brown shades aren't light enough, I want brown not muddy black or gray.

I'm thinking the users who hate it have unreal expectations, you are using too much (so you get flaking and smudging) or you just can't get past the fact that you do not have to spend $30 on a tube of mascara, especially for just a bit of definition.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've always thought I was in the minority in hating this mascara since according to the beauty magazines it is wonderful... I don't know where they get their info -- I see that most of you agree with me! This mascara smears almost instantly. Plenty of other drugstore brand mascaras work fine. I am amazed this mascara has stayed on the market!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't even use this for my eyelashes I use it for my eyebrows, since they are black, becauase the brush it small. Actually I do put in on my eye lashes but after the mascara I like just so that it's waterproof you know. It's easier to remove masacara if you apply waterproof masacara last. I would buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

awfull!! :-( complete waste of money .. what can be said?? just dont do the mascara job at all... my lashes look exactly the same . .

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

awful awful... all hype here and no pay off it's awful i don't care how cheap it is it isn't worth a penny in my book. too many other great mascaras that are cheap that work way better also to the reviewer that said something about buying 20 of these instead of dior... do u know how to apply mascara? cause um this is in NO way similar to dior. you get what you pay for when it comes to mascara, alot of times, so go ahead spend the couple dollars and then test it out yourself but i wish i hadn't :p flakey and no length is not my cup of tea and i have amazing lashes already.

What is the big deal? This product constantly gets awards and is in magazines, but I can't figure out how. Frankly, it is nothing extraordinary.
Pros:
Great Color
Cheap
Lengthens
Cons:
Smears and Flakes like crazy!
Does nothing for volume

Full 'N Soft is a much better choice.

It sure darkens them but there was no noticeable increase in length or volume. My lashes are long but they are not naturally curled, I really didn't like the brush tip because it was too small and hard to handle for me. I don't understand why they get so much rave if its not even that great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

all i can say is i hate this mascara it does nothing for me

This is the worst mascara I've tried. I bought it because it's constantly on some sort of "best of" beauty list...I have sparse, short lashes and this stuff went on clumpy and smeary. I tossed this into the garbage immediately!

Popular Mascaras