April 18, 2014 | 926 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by yaitza

Im the minority in here, but this mascara works perfect on me. After winning as the best mascara in most of the magazines, I decided to give it a try, so I went to Walmart and I bought 2 tubes for the price of 1. Im not giving the 5 lippies because even the waterproof formula after 5 hrs gives me racoon eyes, but I have combination skin. Is cheap, not clumpy and I prefer the curved brush rather than the normal one.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2007 10:06:00 AM More reviews by 1annasroundhere

I've never understood what all the hype about this stuff is. First off, the bottle looks like it's vintage circla 1991. Even a fresh tube smells like it's already a few months old, and the texture is a little gunky and goopy. I've tried using this at least half a dozen times, so I know I've given it an ample fair shot! The worst thing about this---and I have never had this reaction before---is that my eyes literally swell shut, entirely, for a few days to the point where I cannot see. We have been trying to determine what exactly it is that does this to me, and finally decided that this is it. In the meantime, the mascara doesn't appear to do anything special, it even goes on a little clumpy, but this is, of course, as long as I can actually see it.

My advice? Don't go with the hype. Get something you know works or actually have tried and liked. THERE IS NO PERFECT MASCARA OUT THERE! And even if there was, with our luck it would be forty bucks a pop, and who wants to replace that every month and a half?

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2007 1:25:00 AM More reviews by grayblued

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

eh, not my favorite mascara. I dont know why people rave so much about it. Great Lash is just a basic mascara, there's nothing special to this mascara, which is good for everyday use. No dramatic volume, length, nothing.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2007 6:09:00 PM More reviews by CaliforniaCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara sucks and does little besides slathering on thick black blobs on your lashes, weighing them down. and in one week its dried out and disgusting. the packaging is annoying. i laugh at any magazine that puts this mascara in as one for people to buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by kitsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is crap. I think they pay to have this mascara listed as one of the best beauty products. The brush is a spike-inducing spiral, and by the mid-afternoon I had black smears under my eyes just from blinking! Total waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by kelsha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dare say that this is the WORST mascara on the market. Smudged so badly that everywhere my lashes touched my skin (upper and lower lashes) I had a black mark. Looked like Raggedy Ann in only a few hours. Yuck!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by stellastar28

this is so yuck it smudges and makes me look like a panda in a couple of hoyrs also made my eyes water. horrid

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by MissMartaMac

I don't know what all the hype is with this product. Every beauty magazine and makeup artist swear by this mascara. I found it to not do much of anything to my lashes. The packaging is chintzy and I hate the brush. I definately would never buy this product again. I actually like the Mabelline XL much much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by JGarfield

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Clump city! Will not use again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2007 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Rainbowcrushed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty fail proof mascara, it doesnt make my eyelashes look fantastic, but it does darken them and add a little length and curl. If looking for a miracle worker this is not your product, however if you'd like your face to stand out rather than the product on it this is probably a good option for you.