Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

I'm with the other members of this board who don't understand why this is America's Number One Mascara. Who is voting for this? It is a thin watery mess and I have tried it various times over the years thinking I would change my mind, but it consistently dissapoints. I do think the pink and green tube is cute though.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I spend money on my makeup but never mascara it doesnt pay but this is cheap crap. I usually use loreal, this didnt stick to my lashes at all my lashes looked lifeless and barely any color deposit onto my lashes. I could barely tell any difference i dont understand the rave in the magazines?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I gave this mascara another try since I kept reading great reviews in beauty magazines just to end up wtih racoon eyes!!! I don't understand how this mascara can survive for so long in the market since it is a horrible product.

I bought this mascara back in the days before the internet let us share our opinions about products. Now I love having MUA to share with and learn from you all! Ordinarily, I wouldn't review a product I hadn't used for so long. This one, however, really irks me--they keep marketing this same product with the same formulation, and it's just terrible! I had to review it because I think it deserves an even lower rating. Back when I used it, all we had to go on (besides word of mouth) were those recommendations in beauty magazines, which are so compelling, but pretty much the same as advertisements by the companies themselves. That this mascara keeps being described by editors as a "must have," a "secret of the pros," and "in the makeup bags" of all the celebrities really bugs me! They just keep trying to foist this product on every new generation. Girls, don't be swayed! I have used plenty of drugstore products over the years, and lots of them are really nice. This product was horrible! Thick, goopy, left me with tarantula-like eyes, and smudged almost immediately.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried this a few times now...hoping I would eventually like it. I am not impressed. The mascara itself is not too awful, however the wand is HORRIBLE. It's small and doesn't hold much mascara; making application pretty hard. It doesn't lengthen or volumize, which is exactly what I need.

I believe this would be a good mascara for someone who is only looking for an enhancement of COLOR of their lashes. It would be good for someone not on the hunt for length, volume, separation, etc. It can offer a natural look with strictly color enhancement.

I use this mascara when I'm going for a natural look. It does not lengthen, volumize or seperate your lashes, it just adds that extra something to the overall look.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have used the "blackest black" type and found that it had very good pigmentation out all the drug store brands. Other than this feature it really is a horrible mascara, clumps lashes, flakes and smudges at the outer corner of my eye. Do not recommend this type to anyone.

This is a god-awful mascara. It smudges, clumps, flakes, but worst of all, it make my eyelashes fall out! Disasterous. I will never buy again, nor would I ever reccomment it to anyone. Not even my worst enemies.

This was the first mascara I ever owned. Ive never once thought of going back. I got it in "Blackest Black" years ago and chucked it soon after. I have sparse but long lashes and this makes it look like I only have 3 eyelashes! It's disgusting! Plus it smudges terribly...

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

i didn't even bother reading the other reviews, i just saw the 20something percent buy again and laughed to myself in agreement. this might be the worst mascara on the market, yet it still gets reviewed by allure as one of the best DS mascaras for it's so-called "amazing" capabilities and value. yes, you can pick up two for $4, probably even cheaper. but it's horrible. it's a mascara collector's worse nightmare. i'm talking disgusting clumpy, spider-lash effects. messy. you can't blink without the formula smearing all over your undereyes, ruining your concealer! stay away from this one. the best mascaras in the world are lancome, and for those who don't believe that, i challenege you to hit the macy's counter next time you're there and ask for a demo. lancome mascaras will change your life... and for those who are not willing to spend more than $8 on mascara, i won't axe maybelline altogether...in fact my favorite everyday mascara is maybelline full & soft. the whole effect of mascara is based on formula and brush, and it has both. however, for nights you need a super-long curly set of lashes, trust me on the lancome.

Popular Mascaras