July 30, 2014 | 1892 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 10:55:00 AM More reviews by lauradfromnc

I do generally keep a tube of this around even though I don't really like it--Just because it is cheap and I can keep it in my purse or desk at work for an emergency. So, I put that I would repurchase even though it is not great. I don't want a $17 tube of Lancome in my purse or desk or travel kit because it will dry out and go to waste. I don't feel bad about having this lying around and I don't use it much because I think it takes too long to dry and has caused me to have to repair my other makeup numerous times when I blinked or opened my eye too wide and got it up in my eye shadow. Besides that, it doesn't produce nearly as pretty a set of lashes as Hypnose by Lancome.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2007 1:17:00 AM More reviews by habs1820

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is supposed to be THE mascara to use from a drugstore but I was totally underwhelmed, if not unhappy. I didn't like the brush and the formula itself seemed to clump and flake. Overall, I didn't like it.

I worked as a model for over ten years and many makeup artists do have this in their case but there are many mascaras out there that I feel are much better. In fact, even Maybelline makes others that I feel are superior such as Full and Soft. I constantly have people ask what mascara I am wearing when I wear that and I prefer to buy that over more expensive ones because it has a nice brush, it does the trick and I don't mind throwing it out every 3 months because it's so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by daisygirl10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually really like this product. I have a hard time with mascaras actually working for me, this one does and its cheap! I use the blackest black shade and at first it looked really dark but I got used to it and I love it. I've given a couple other mascara's a try since but always go back to this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 1:54:00 AM More reviews by illure

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried a couple of name brand mascaras, and picked this up at Wal Mart 2 days ago. It's been the ONLY mascara for me that's actually lifted my lashes and kept them lifted with the help of an eyelash curler. The others seemed to weigh my lashes down. I'll continue using this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2007 2:58:00 PM More reviews by elleohelle

i really dont like this mascara. i do not understand why all of these magazines are naming it the best ever. after a single coat, it clumped my lashes so i couldnt do anything with them. gee thanks great lash, you aint so great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Manillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm African-American so I already have black eyelashes. I use mascara for the needed everyday va-voom. I always purchase this in Blackest Black. What can I say? It does it job, which is to make lashes "very black." If you want anything else, go somewhere else because it is NOT non-clumping, it does NOT give the appearance of longer lashes, it is not glossy...the only thing it does is make your lashes Blackest Black and that is it.

Personally though, that's all I want so I'll stick with this until I decide to venture away from it. Dirt cheap, why get anything else?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by shockd

This product does the job for a inexpensive price. And by 'does the job', I mean it darkens the lashes. Nothing else. It 'enhances' your natural beauty, if you will. I find that it doesn't clump very often, it's the blackest mascara I've used, and it stays put after it's dried.

It does stay wet for a while, which can result in residue, and it will not curl or 'lengthen' your lashes in one coat. But it's a decent little mascara for the daytime, particularly if you have a natural/nude eye.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For some reason, this mascara NEVER dries on my lashes. It ends up smeared everywhere except my eyelashes. I hate it. Worst mascara ever.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by brasscupcakes

I really can't believe I used this stuff for at least a decade following adolescence.

It's crunchy, gloppy, and sooooo fake looking.

Wow, I used to apply at least three coats of Very Black, with a layer of talc in between each layer, plus eyeliner.

No wonder my folks thought I looked like a hoochie girl (well, actually, tramp, slut, or what-have-you, as my generation was pre-hoochie).

Guess I was a woman befor e my time ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by energeticsusie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All I have to say is yuck! Does not do a dang thing for my lashes.