November 27, 2014 | 1662 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2007 10:38:00 AM More reviews by badgwendel

I finally gave into the hype of BEST MASCARA EVAH and bought my first tube of Maybelline Great Lash in the Blackest Black. I love the color and the price but that was about it. The mascara is gloppier than any I've ever used. Even after wiping the brush with tissue it still goes on thick and gloppy. And the smudging. Touch my eyes once and my husband asks if I'm going "all goth chick". This is going in the garbage and I'm going back to my beloved Max Factor 2000 Calorie.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by newmummy

I used to buy this mascara all the time. They must have changed the formula because now this stuff sucks! It clumps, it's too wet yet dries too fast, the wand is goopy and needs to be wiped with tissue before you can even apply. I thought I bought a bad bottle but the second one was just as bad. I actually threw it out after one use. Back to my old standby Voluminous.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2007 12:43:00 AM More reviews by omfgitslisa

I bought this product twice (I should've just stopped the first time) Well first b/c I bought the wrong color, so I went to get the darker color ("Blackest Black" I believe) and it didn't do much more for me. It was still just as dark as the dark brown and it smudged A LOT! Maybe it's because I have normal-oily skin, but it was still HEAVY and separated my lashes to the point where it looked fake or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2007 8:13:00 PM More reviews by MissPrincess88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I wasn't expecting the reviews on this mascara to be so horrible! I've tried many mascaras and I have to say, I always come back to this one. I don't wear the waterproof, and I never have smudges. No matter if I have it on for 16 hours or I'm sweating...the mascara stays. The small brush is a GOOD thing, it allows more precision and also allows coverage of all the little lashes. Don't fix it if its not broken...this mascara definitely does not need fixing. Needless to say, this is now and will forever be a staple in my makeup bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2007 10:14:00 AM More reviews by sifueratica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wet, smudgy, irritated my eyes. Unimpressed with the brush and the mascara formula, was not long-wearing or enhancing to my lashes. Disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 3:46:00 AM More reviews by weeks919

Honestly....I always have a tube of this around...... I try to like it, its such a classic and I want to use it, but its not good. The brush is too small, the mascara takes too long to dry......it just doesn't do it for me. However, I will say that I have used different brushes with this mascara, and I did get great results.....so maybe its the brush that is bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by iwearspacepants

I prefer stiffer bristles on a mascara brush being that my lashes are barely there and the large soft brush works mostly for those who already have full lashes. However, I had to stop using it because my eyes got extremely irritated (think stinging, redness, swelling); it probably was just my mascara (since I constantly change up my mascaras and I've already used this specific one before and such results did not occur) but I didn't love it enough to continue using it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by musicalhouses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

FYI: I'm reviewing the non-waterproof version of this mascara.

My experience: It's true that the formula for this is a bit "wet", and I find that shortly after I apply it smudges abound around the eye area - very annoying! However once it dries it stays on throughout the day, and I like that it doesn't smudge on me. However, I think the brush is only so-so, and have tried more expensive mascaras that lengthen much more. Also, my lashes stick together, and it's a hassle trying to separate them. However this is great for everyday use since I'm not too fussy, and it's not expensive. Since I'm not really into mascara anyway I would repurchase, but I can see why others would not like it.

Edit: Now that I've tried more mascaras, I find I'm not liking this at all. At the end of a long day it smudges a bit, and the effect is only mediocre. Downgrading the rating from 4 to 1.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by emma716

This mascara is probably my least favorite mascara of ANY and ALL that I have tried....and I have tried a lot! The brush makes it get everywhere when you apply it, it does nothing at all for my lashes, and it smears terribly throughout the day!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2007 6:37:00 PM More reviews by RenBrownINC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great, if youre looking to buy pure crap. I hated everything about it, from the cheapy look to the mascara itself to the brush. YUCK