Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 1/23/2008 1:21:00 PM

I tried this product many times due to the hype about it, it barely shows up and takes ages to dry which means you are guranteed to mark your upper eye crease with mascara

on 1/21/2008 9:18:00 PM

This is a pretty basic mascara. there IS a reason why so many makeup artists have it as a staple. The reason? the formula is buildable, somewhat runny (perfect for layering) and a great all-around mascara. I have also read that they imparted a slight blue tinge to the black color to make eyes stand out more. Anyway, sucked into the hype, I bought this mascara a few years back- it was my first mascara. I like that, unlike many other mascaras with HUGE brushes, it has a rather small brush so I can get to my teeny lashes without bumping into my skin. The only thing I think it is lacking is ease of application and instant gratification of dramatic lashes with one swipe, which is probably, and a big reason why a lot of other mascaras seem to top this one in reviews here. Take your time with it- Nothing stunning, but you do get nicely done feathery lashes with a few coats.

on 1/21/2008 1:28:00 PM

I would never ever buy this product again.Like many people reviewing this product I was drawn like a moth a flame to it due to it's apparent "legendary status" and it's reasonable price.Well ironically,this has turned out to be my most mascara ever because after two uses I threw it out.It's true what they say,a product is only expensive if you use it once so I would have to say that this product is a complete rip off.I feel it ruined my eyelashes and was horrible to apply and horrible to remove.I have a feeling it has become a cult product due to it's longevity on the mascara market.It was one fo the first and it's interestign to knwo that the very masacaras ever produced where a mix of pure petroleum jelly and coal powder.I'm not saying that's what Great Lash is made of but it certainly feels like that's what your wearing due to it's drying and rock-hard effect.
So dissapointed with Great Lash as I thought a product that make-up artists can't live without and is a bargain would be win-win.Well it's turned out lose-lose for me because it's my worst mascara experience.
Buying this product made me learn the hard way that "best-seller" goes for nothing.

on 1/21/2008 12:51:00 PM

Only bought this cuz its supposed to be this classic staple that has been beloved for years. Average boring mascara. Does nothing special, but not too terrible either. Doesn't make your eyes look prettier or anything. Just average regular mascara. I guess its good for poor people who want to wear make up.

What can I say.... I hate this stuff. Everytime I'd try to use it, it would clump up, and it takes forever to dry and it smudges like crazy...well, you get the picture.I just don't like it.

on 1/20/2008 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I decided to buy this mascara because I have always been hearing great things about great lash. But I have come to realize that this product just wasn't working for me. The packaging is really cute, but I found that the mascara would clump my eye lashes, and for some reason my mascara would run down to my lower lash lines [ I don't know how that happend lol ] All in all, I don't think I will be repurchasing this product again. I may try Dior show mascara...I have been hearing good things about that mascara...curiosity always gets the best of me...me and my money...lol *_*

on 1/19/2008 11:32:00 PM

I heard good reviews about this classic, inexpensive mascara that comes in the green and pink tube. I think it's over rated. It works okay and it's effective, but there are better ones out there.

on 1/19/2008 7:13:00 PM

No way would I ever buy this stuff again! It doesnt lengthen, curl, or volumize. In my opinion the only thing this stuff is good for is putting a little black on some lashes. It is cheap though. I wouldnt recommend it.

on 1/18/2008 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this mascara and for $3 I cant beat it.

on 1/18/2008 6:04:00 PM

i bought this sometime ago after hearing very positive reviews, pple saying its a staple, all-time classic etc. my lashes need all the help they can get. i bought it in blackest black when that shade was released. the packaging is ok, bright pink/green, cute. the brush is diffeent from most, not sepaate bristles, its in a spiral. application was ok, it did separate the lashes ok, but i began to itch around the eyes some hours later, and i ended up with red swollen eyes, my skin dried out and flaked off all round the corners of my eyes and in the creases of the brow. I couldnt go out of the house 4 a few days cos i looked so scary. Six months later i decided to try it again to see if last time was due to the mascara or whether it was something unrelated because it was so well-reviewed i didnt want it to throw it out, but the same thing happended. i removed it thoroughyl and washed my eyes out as soon as i felt it start to itch again. It went straight in the bin after that.

Popular Mascaras