August 29, 2014 | 1199 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2007 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Roisindubh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Rubbish mascara, a load of hype over nothing, the brush is rubbish,and the product certainly doesnt make you eyelashes look any bigger.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2007 9:06:00 PM More reviews by nellamc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably the worst mascara ever. I bought it because it is featured in almost every magazine as the beauty editor's favorite - but it is really bad. Dry and flaky, no volume, no length. Waste of time and money.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2007 6:26:00 PM More reviews by jafv

Why does anyone bother with this product? The brush is seriously worthless--it's like putting your mascara on with a stick--and although the formula may have made beauty editors in the 60s aquiver with excitement (ooh! mascara in a tube!), with so many mascaras out there that offer real volume, curl, length, etc., there's certainly no reason this useless product continues to top the "best of" lists. (And its continual presence on so many of those lists makes me really distrust beauty editors and grateful for all you honest posters here at MUA). Maybelline Great Lash is the Tab of mascaras, really--there's a certain nostalgia factor, but why bother when there are so many better products out there?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by rolanda

I want to know who gets the kickback money for this to be featured in every magazine as a MA "favorite". Unless MAs have access to a secret stash that is totally different from what's available in the drugstores? I bought this years ago when I was just starting out with makeup because of the magazines, and it remains the worst, most smeary mascara I've ever used. I actually ended up not using mascara at all for some time (I was young) and figured, if this is the best, what's the point? I didn't know that not all mascaras leave big, smeary black smudges on your cheeks. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2007 9:48:00 AM More reviews by george3b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

My HG mascara is Lancome's Definicils. Great Lash is somehow probably a drug store version of it although it doesn't make my lashes look as pretty as they are when I use Definicils. It is too watery and the brush is bigger and harder to use. What I hate most is the formula of this mascara, because of the structure of the brush I tend to make more mistakes and smudges which are INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT to remove! Usually I can just scratch them off with my finger but not with this mascara. I think though that this would be ok for people with already long lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2007 7:34:00 AM More reviews by moopsmcphee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Joining the bandwagon of haterade against this mascara.
I have to wipe this onto a separate mascara wand to apply.
During the day, this somehow smears underneath my eyes, and leaves me with marks on my face. I can't wear this because I have no confidence in it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Cookie1986

This was my first mascara. It is a good first mascara. I think i started wearing it regularly when i was 15. Since I had never worn mascara before, I thought this was awesome because it looked so good compared to my bare lashes. I prefer the curved brush. It is good but I love drama and glamour so I like something more. I probably would not buy it again because there are so many mascaras out there that I need to try still! My second mascara was max factor 2000 calorie and that is still my favorite, although I am not sure if they make it anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2007 12:18:00 AM More reviews by PerfectManicure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Every year this little pink and green tube makes it to the tops of all the beauty editors' lists. And every year I say, "impossible", because I've used it before and it wasn't anything to put in a list of fab products. Tons of us girls have reviewed this product and the general consensus is that this is not a good mascara and over 73% of us would not repurchase. Now if a product is sooo cheap, wouldn't a lot of people say, "well, I'm getting my money's worth so it's ok, I'll buy it"? Yeah, no one's saying that. Do yourselves a favour ladies and stop wasting your time on this one. Maybe this was a winner in 1957, but in 2007? No way. Straight in the bin it went. Didn't even bother finishing the tube. The only reason I gave it 2 lippies instead of 1 is the price: it's a crap product and Maybelline knows it and doesn't embarass itself by asking for more.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by sunfizzqt

This a great mascara for a no frills, no fuss girl. It doesnt clump, it adds color and a bit of length. The reason so many people are responding negatively is probably because this is normally reviewed so well in magazines. It's good for girls just starting to use makeup as well, but if you crave eyes that pop, look elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2007 12:04:00 AM More reviews by rbella

Dang-why all the hate on this mascara? Back in the day this way my HG (long before Tarte). It gets the job done. Ten times better than the cr*p they are releasing at the d/s these days. I'd buy this over define-a-lash or lash blast anyday. That being said, if Tarte was discontined tomorrow, this still probably wouldn't be my next choice. But it isn't the worst thing in the world.