Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Ozokerite, Shellac, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium 15, Simethicone, Quaternium 22, Butylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289) (CI 77289), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 1/6/2008 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really don't understand why all the magazines rave about this product. I used to use them all the time, before I realized that mascara was actually supposed to DO SOMETHING. Anything.

I mean, my lashes are extraordinarily short so I wasn't hoping for a miracle product or anything but... Nothing?

But one of my best friends is in love with this product... and she does have pretty eyelashes. The thing is, I've seen her without mascara, and they're less clumped and way prettier. All Great Lash did was tint them black and made them more noticeable. You can do this with ANY mascara on the market though, I'm pretty sure you could do this with some kind of brow dye...

All in all, this mascara was a waste of money because all it did was provide COLOR on my lashes. Not volume or length, just color.

on 1/6/2008 12:28:00 AM

Okay... so the pink and green is cute... but what a bad product. It clumps like crazy and takes forever to dry. I keep a tube in my bag for convenience. I apply it whenever I forget to put mascara on at home. After two hours, I look at the mirror and I see black smudges under my eye. Practically all the mascara I put on my lashes rubbed onto my face!!! It has absolutely no staying power!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Come on!! The whole industry gush over this poduct is well-paid BS. It's clumpy, messy, smudgy, smeary, Tammy Faye etc., etc. Why throw money down the drain?!

on 1/5/2008 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It adds a decent amount of volume to my lashes, and I wouldn't mind using it as a daily mascara except that it smudges like no other. Ugh. There are better drugstore-brand mascaras out there.

on 1/4/2008 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i used this when i was in high school, because i didn't know any better. i tried it again recently, and EW. it doesn't lengthen, doesn't hold a curl, it's heavy and makes my lashes limp, it's brittle. all it really does it coat my lashes into thick black CLUMPS. oh, and it smudges like crazy. i've tried mascaras from the 99cent store that worked better than this. WORST MASCARA I'VE EVER USED.

on 1/4/2008 3:10:00 PM

This is the first mascara I tried when I was just starting to put on makeup. I stuck with it for years because I just got used to having it around. Now that I am in my twenties and I know better, I can say that this stuff is a joke. It's clumpy, and is really drying to the eyelashes. Its not worth the cheap price, even in a makeup emergency!

on 1/4/2008 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

DO NOT LIKE THIS CHEAP MASCARA. Brush is awful, clumps, and the packaging is average. No volume, no length. Nadda.

Better to invest in something better, like l'Oreal Voluminous, which actually gives volume and has a great brush.

I used to wear this because I was cheap, and this is the cheapest you can buy. (Literally. like. four bucks?)

Awful. I hate it. package is ugly, and the product is ugly. Clumpy, flakes, raccoon eyes. One rub and it all goes off. I moved to the water proof version, and ended up with rock hard, spikey gross eyelashes.

on 1/3/2008 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Eyes: Violet

I know it's a classic.

I know the packaging is cute.

I know it's a good price.

I know the (unlikely) stories of how makeup artists for supermodels *swear* by it.

I just don't get the appeal. It's so very basic, which might appeal to some. If I was going to wear false lashes, this product might be nice--not gunky.

But for daily use, I get nothing from this mascara aside from a bit of colour that tends to flake off through the day. It also irritates my sensitive eyes (I wear contacts most days), whether I am wearing glasses or contacts.

If you are looking for a simple, basic, no-frills mascara, or are just starting to wear makeup, it's a good choice and pretty fool-proof. It just didn't work for me, despite the hype. No volume at all, which is what I look for in a good mascara.

I won't repurchase unless I want to try the false lash combination.

on 1/3/2008 6:19:00 PM

I don't understand how this can have such bad reviews. It's the only mascara that works for me. It doesn't irritate my eyes, it actually makes my lashes look thick (I've tried many other mascaras and none of them thicken my lashes, not even the "thickening" ones!). Get this in blackest black, though, don't get another color--I've tried brownish black and didn't like it, it didn't look as dark or thick. And it is not clumpy, and doesn't dry so fast that when you go to put on another layer you pull out lashes because it dried instantly. I can't stand mascaras that dry instantly, this is one of the few I've found that are slow-drying enough for me to brush through more than once. I guess if you have thick lashes already and don't want to thicken them you might not like this because it's not thin or watery or runny enough. Personally, I like this because it's not thin or watery, I need to create the illusion of volume since my lashes are so thin.

I've also tried the waterproof kind but don't like it because it's too hard to remove, and irritates my eyes a bit.