October 26, 2014 | 1000 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by bekah_rae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't use this mascara for regular wear, but it's good for theatre. I really like my other mascara (MK Ultimate) the best, but for theatre you go through a lot of mascara pretty quickly so this is the best for the price and the quality. I get it in black.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by paigupaigu

This is the first mascara I've ever tried and sadly, it does NOT live up to the hype. Consistency was thick, which made me believe I would only need a tiny bit to coat my lashes. however, it was very hard to spread and ended up congealing in a nasty way at the tips of my lashes. Worse, my eyes began watering the day(s) I wore this which lead me to believe they contain some sort of fragrance or substance that is irritating. The tube dried out very quickly, but that might be due to the fact I kept "pumping" the wand in an attempt to get some of the thick gunk off the wand (and off my lashes!)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2007 3:06:00 AM More reviews by icannotthinkofone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this to be a very basic black mascara. It's good for a simple, natural look. It's quite cheap too. But I won't buy it again. For the price, I think there are better low-end mascaras out there. I'm another one of those who don't understand how this mascara is on the list of top beauty products.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2007 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ginafranklin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've never been able to wear mascara without severe smudging. The only mascara I've ever been able to use was Cover Girl's Anti-Smudge Mascara and they quit making that years ago. For years, I've gone without mascara and have even dyed my lashes to get around mascara. I've had enough. I am determined to find a mascara that does not smudge.

Based on the reputation of this mascara, I decided to give it a try. I purchased it in Black at my local Ulta store.

Before trying, I used an eyelash curler to ensure my lashes were curled. The mascara went on thicker than I would have wanted and clumped a little.

The big test was the smudging. On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being major racoon eyes, I would say this was a 1. Within 3 minutes of applying this mascara, it was already starting to smudge. After an hour, I looked like I had been crying with non-waterproof mascara on. I happened to be in Ulta at the time and a sales person approached me and offered me the use of eye makeup remover on the spot. Needless to say, I looked pretty bad.

Overall, I think this is a horrible product. I don't understand why it has the reputation it does.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2007 2:29:00 AM More reviews by overthetop

I got this in brownish black by accident, I ment to get very black. Its still quite dark which is good. For the price I paid its pretty good. Cheaper ones I have bought made my eyes itch and I stopped using them. Doesn't really clump and its a cute bottle. 3.5/5

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Charziparzi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For years I had been hearing about how terrific this mascara is, gave it a go this summer, and... ICK! Gloppy, sloppy, clumpy, and just ick. It clumped my lashes, it smeared, wouldn't dry for anything. I'm glad it was only $3 at Target when I bought it. I threw it out. I have used worse, so I will say at least this didn't make my eyes itch and my lashes fall out. I'm glad it works for other people.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by iamgianna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this mascara because of reviews I'd seen in magazines and I was extremely disappointed. Halfway through the day it had smeared all over my lower lids and I looked like a racoon. Very disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2007 4:29:00 AM More reviews by lizzybennet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara wondering if all the hype was true and also I always used to see my mom use it. This mascara did absolutely nothing for me. It didn't lengthen and didnt darken (although I do already have black lashes). Also the wide spacing in the wand clumped my lashes together. I really do not understand why everyone swears by it. I like other Maybelline mascaras though like Full-n-Soft (gives me volume while keeping the lashes soft....perfection)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by danielleleake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to agree w/ the majority on this product. I dont understand either why it makes the "best of" list every year. It runs like crazy, clumps and just does not do anything for me at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2007 10:59:00 PM More reviews by petal520

This went in the trash after the second day of a coworker asking me if I had a black eye because of the terrible smudging it left. Coupled with the terrible time I had getting what WASN'T smeared off, and still having bad eye gook the next morning, I was left wondering why I'd seen this on every magazine's "best of" list. Not even worth the low price.