Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 2/6/2008 9:13:00 PM

Not the best. This is a classic case of getting what you pay for; but there are other mascaras in this price range that are far superior, so there is no excuse.

Pros: It is cheap. The black is actually black, not grey. It will enhance your lashes if you can avoid clumping and brittle lashes. It stays on forever.

Cons: It takes forever to dry, so if you make your lashes too long they smudge all over your eyeshadow. Clumps *very* easily and the clumps only get worse when you try to fix them. The brush is awkward and it is impossible to get the inner lashes. Often makes lashes brittle if you add more than one coat. The product dries in the tube. It stays on forever, which can be a pro or a con depending on your needs.

Even if you are broke, you may want to go without mascara instead of purchasing this stuff. it isn't useless, but it can be a chore to make it look decent.

I wear concealer, liquid foundation, loose powder, blush, four shades of shadow, and brow shaper with my mascara. It often takes just as much time tweaking my lashes as it does to apply and perfect all the other products on my face combined. That was never the case with any other mascara.

on 2/6/2008 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Total crap. All the magazines that claim this stuff is the best must be getting kickbacks. It flakes something awful, leaving you with red, teary eyes, and smudged eye make-up. Just the look every girl wants for a night on the town...

I hate this! I hate this! Did I happen to mention that I hate this?? Like others I LOST LASHES when I used this product. Please-save your lashes, save your money. There are hundreds of better products out there.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

WHY WHY WHY WHY is this product considered a cult fave? It's HORRIBLE. Too thin, too smudgy..it's the worst mascara EVER! I don't understand what Allure sees in this...It's such poor quality.

I wouldn't wear it if it was the last mascara on Earth.

on 2/5/2008 10:36:00 AM

The worst crap I have ever allowed to take up residence on my lashes. I would have been better off smushing a tin of shoe polish to my face.
Seriously.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

aww.. is it really that bad? I think it's okay. I still haven't had "the best mascara" yet, so I can't really compare it to what the best is like. But compared to my past ones, this does give me natural volume and non-spidery length. I think that's good enough for me

It didn't clump for the first month, but right now.. yes, it clumps. And yes, it smudges too. I have the waterproof one, and it's rain proof.... but not oil proof! Though, others with the same price are just the same. I can't complain.

Sometimes, I accidentally put a little on my skin* not lashes (ex. under my eye)... so I have to quickly wipe it away with my finger. Unlike my old ones, this one is extremely hard to wipe off. Actually, I don't remember a time when I completely wiped it off (with my finger while it's still wet, I mean). But since it doesn't irritate my eye when it gets in, I like it

on 2/4/2008 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Doesn't do an awful lot and I don't even need that much help!!!

on 2/3/2008 3:23:00 PM

I swore off mascara for so long because of this product. Then again, I was very young and inexperienced with make-up at the time. It did everything you would not want a mascara to do. Gross, gross, gross... this should be discontinued. And magazines and makeover shows are doing us a disservice by continuing to promote this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This mascara does lengthen and thicken my lashes, but since I have OILY skin this stuff smears like the devil under my eyes. And the waterproof version is awful to try and take off...if it wasn't for that I would like it. Oh well.

on 2/3/2008 3:13:00 AM

I don't understand what the big deal about this mascara is. Its terrible. Clumps my lashes together and flattens them. (Mine are long and slightly curly).

Won't buy again.