Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 1/21/2008 1:28:00 PM

I would never ever buy this product again.Like many people reviewing this product I was drawn like a moth a flame to it due to it's apparent "legendary status" and it's reasonable price.Well ironically,this has turned out to be my most mascara ever because after two uses I threw it out.It's true what they say,a product is only expensive if you use it once so I would have to say that this product is a complete rip off.I feel it ruined my eyelashes and was horrible to apply and horrible to remove.I have a feeling it has become a cult product due to it's longevity on the mascara market.It was one fo the first and it's interestign to knwo that the very masacaras ever produced where a mix of pure petroleum jelly and coal powder.I'm not saying that's what Great Lash is made of but it certainly feels like that's what your wearing due to it's drying and rock-hard effect.
So dissapointed with Great Lash as I thought a product that make-up artists can't live without and is a bargain would be win-win.Well it's turned out lose-lose for me because it's my worst mascara experience.
Buying this product made me learn the hard way that "best-seller" goes for nothing.

on 1/21/2008 12:51:00 PM

Only bought this cuz its supposed to be this classic staple that has been beloved for years. Average boring mascara. Does nothing special, but not too terrible either. Doesn't make your eyes look prettier or anything. Just average regular mascara. I guess its good for poor people who want to wear make up.

What can I say.... I hate this stuff. Everytime I'd try to use it, it would clump up, and it takes forever to dry and it smudges like crazy...well, you get the picture.I just don't like it.

on 1/20/2008 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I decided to buy this mascara because I have always been hearing great things about great lash. But I have come to realize that this product just wasn't working for me. The packaging is really cute, but I found that the mascara would clump my eye lashes, and for some reason my mascara would run down to my lower lash lines [ I don't know how that happend lol ] All in all, I don't think I will be repurchasing this product again. I may try Dior show mascara...I have been hearing good things about that mascara...curiosity always gets the best of me...me and my money...lol *_*

on 1/19/2008 11:32:00 PM

I heard good reviews about this classic, inexpensive mascara that comes in the green and pink tube. I think it's over rated. It works okay and it's effective, but there are better ones out there.

on 1/19/2008 7:13:00 PM

No way would I ever buy this stuff again! It doesnt lengthen, curl, or volumize. In my opinion the only thing this stuff is good for is putting a little black on some lashes. It is cheap though. I wouldnt recommend it.

on 1/18/2008 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this mascara and for $3 I cant beat it.

on 1/18/2008 6:04:00 PM

i bought this sometime ago after hearing very positive reviews, pple saying its a staple, all-time classic etc. my lashes need all the help they can get. i bought it in blackest black when that shade was released. the packaging is ok, bright pink/green, cute. the brush is diffeent from most, not sepaate bristles, its in a spiral. application was ok, it did separate the lashes ok, but i began to itch around the eyes some hours later, and i ended up with red swollen eyes, my skin dried out and flaked off all round the corners of my eyes and in the creases of the brow. I couldnt go out of the house 4 a few days cos i looked so scary. Six months later i decided to try it again to see if last time was due to the mascara or whether it was something unrelated because it was so well-reviewed i didnt want it to throw it out, but the same thing happended. i removed it thoroughyl and washed my eyes out as soon as i felt it start to itch again. It went straight in the bin after that.

on 1/17/2008 5:58:00 AM

I love this mascara! Firstly because it doesn't get clogged at all, and secondly because it provides a nice even layer across your lashes. If you use the wand correctly you can elongate your lashes, and it dries nicely too.

You need to make sure that you renew your tube though, cos they tend to run out of their powers after 6 months.

on 1/16/2008 12:34:00 AM

*LOVE* this mascara. I've tried expensive brands like Chanel, Lancome and Clinique, as well as other drugstore brands, and Great Lash outperforms them all (I like Clinique's "Naturally Glossy" mascara too for a more natural look). Great Lash makes my lashes look long, thick and beautiful - it never clumps or globs (It is very wet - more wet than other brands, so it gives you plenty of time to apply just the way you want it without drying too quickly or creating spider-leg clumps). The wetness of this mascara is a huge plus for application - it goes on glossy and smooth, and gives you time to separate lashes or otherwise get them going exactly the way you want, without drying on you prematurely while your still applying (nothing worse than trying to apply a second coat of mascara over an already-dry first coat - clump city!). And although it takes a bit longer for Great Lash to dry (Like all of 30 seconds more - big deal), that is exactly what makes it so great. Great Lash is a classic - I love it and will always use it! :)