October 24, 2014 | 945 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by fascinationbeauty

why the **** is this a makeupartists favorite ????

i donīt get the reason for this "great-lash-hipe" ...

when i apply itīs almost like i would apply black water. absolutely nothing.

it also kills my "shu eyelash curler" - curl ...

please donīt buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2007 3:37:00 AM More reviews by rachsouth

come on, how can you not love a classic! i must admit that i do already have VEry long and THICK as eyelashes, but they are not 'curled' and the tips are quite blonde. well, this mascara not only lifts, thickens and adds colour, it does it all without clumping!!!. i have recently wandered from this mascara and found that they all clumped my lashes, so of course i wine back and bought this. i dont know why i wandered!! it is dirt cheap and to those people who complained that is was too thin and took multiple coats to get enough and who also said that it takes too long to dry, think about. do you want a horrible thick and clumpy mascara that drys instantly or one that you can build up. if it didnt take ages to dry, it could go stiff, wouldnt look natural and would just look horible. this mascara can take you from day, with one or two coats, to night with 3 or 4! that is why all the makeup artists love it, it is sooo versatile.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by tooltimegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just don't GET why this mascara is everyone's FAVORITE. (As evidenced by Allure mag reviews, etc.) I think it's horrible. As someone with short, sparse lashes, this does nothing for me to build volume or length. It's too wet, dries too slow only services to annoy me because I keep expecting it to be great like everyone claims it is.

What a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by steffanii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ick, I really wasn't expecting the reviews on this one to be so bad. After seeing some awards Great Lash got, I decided to fork out a couple bucks to get both the clear version and the... actual mascara. The moment I put it on I was like wow, this is now my go-to-mascara. It doesn't smudge (at least for me) as much as Plush Lash and other mascaras (when I yawn it's like friggin waterworks...). The clear version has issues staying curled but the black one doesn't. I like the small brush which allows me to get right onto the roots of the lashes without smudging. Ahh! I don't know why all the reviews are so bad. I'm completely and utterly confused, but I'll still use it, only because it's the only one that works for me right now.

For a drugstore mascara, I'd say it's done a per-rit-tee good job of satisfying my mascara whoring. For me, it's better than Plush Lash, which I recently got. I'd prefer Great Lash over Plush Lash anyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by keco52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I d.k. why I bought this. The brush is unusable. I use a brush from another mascara and dip it into this tube to use the mascara. It's not the worst mascara I've tried but I'm never buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by rhapsody

I am always utterly perplexed that this product is so highly rated by so many people. On my lashes it takes many coats to build up, it's not easy to work with, and worst of all it flakes and smears on my eyelids. Every few years I give it another try and come away as disillusioned as ever.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Tamathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never understood the appeal of this product-- it's the very worst mascara I've ever used, and I can only conclude that the people pushing this snake oil in magazines, et al were paid off. I have good lashes and I ought to be able to get halfway decent results with any mascara, but not so with this over-hyped, over-exposed Nickelodeon slime-in-a-tube. It makes my lashes clump together, it's too creamy to put on effectively, and does not lengthen or thicken. In fact, I look worse when I have it on than when I don't, because there is no way to avoid sloppiness due to the way too creamy consistency. Maybelline use to make good mascara, but all of them seem to have gone totally downhill in the last 5 years or so. This one was never at the top to begin with. Don't waste your time or your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by 123123wow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Al it does is add a little volume to my lashes. It does nothing else. It smudges, it flakes, and it's hard to take all of it off at once.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by neoroxy

I used to love this mascara for years. It used to define, darken, and fatten my lashes. Nowadays, since better advances in mascara makeup have come around, I think this stuff is obsolete. My lashes aren't enhanced as good as the newer stuff out there and seems to look dull near mid day. No longer impressed by it. I go with Voluminous or Diorshow now.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2007 10:38:00 AM More reviews by badgwendel

I finally gave into the hype of BEST MASCARA EVAH and bought my first tube of Maybelline Great Lash in the Blackest Black. I love the color and the price but that was about it. The mascara is gloppier than any I've ever used. Even after wiping the brush with tissue it still goes on thick and gloppy. And the smudging. Touch my eyes once and my husband asks if I'm going "all goth chick". This is going in the garbage and I'm going back to my beloved Max Factor 2000 Calorie.