January 31, 2015 | 1200 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Pamela76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not completely sure why this mascara is getting so much attention in magazines and on t.v. The only thing I love about it is the curved brush. The product itself is too "wet" and it doesn't really adhere to your lashes without numerous coats. Luckily I naturally have very long lashes, so I shouldn't need multiple coats of mascara. Oh well, hopefully others will find it better.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by cassitassi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really don't understand why all the magazines rave about this product. I used to use them all the time, before I realized that mascara was actually supposed to DO SOMETHING. Anything.

I mean, my lashes are extraordinarily short so I wasn't hoping for a miracle product or anything but... Nothing?

But one of my best friends is in love with this product... and she does have pretty eyelashes. The thing is, I've seen her without mascara, and they're less clumped and way prettier. All Great Lash did was tint them black and made them more noticeable. You can do this with ANY mascara on the market though, I'm pretty sure you could do this with some kind of brow dye...

All in all, this mascara was a waste of money because all it did was provide COLOR on my lashes. Not volume or length, just color.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2008 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sat4ngurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay... so the pink and green is cute... but what a bad product. It clumps like crazy and takes forever to dry. I keep a tube in my bag for convenience. I apply it whenever I forget to put mascara on at home. After two hours, I look at the mirror and I see black smudges under my eye. Practically all the mascara I put on my lashes rubbed onto my face!!! It has absolutely no staying power!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

Come on!! The whole industry gush over this poduct is well-paid BS. It's clumpy, messy, smudgy, smeary, Tammy Faye etc., etc. Why throw money down the drain?!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by pillyrex

It adds a decent amount of volume to my lashes, and I wouldn't mind using it as a daily mascara except that it smudges like no other. Ugh. There are better drugstore-brand mascaras out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by missmshl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i used this when i was in high school, because i didn't know any better. i tried it again recently, and EW. it doesn't lengthen, doesn't hold a curl, it's heavy and makes my lashes limp, it's brittle. all it really does it coat my lashes into thick black CLUMPS. oh, and it smudges like crazy. i've tried mascaras from the 99cent store that worked better than this. WORST MASCARA I'VE EVER USED.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Ello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first mascara I tried when I was just starting to put on makeup. I stuck with it for years because I just got used to having it around. Now that I am in my twenties and I know better, I can say that this stuff is a joke. It's clumpy, and is really drying to the eyelashes. Its not worth the cheap price, even in a makeup emergency!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Sarahaparis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

DO NOT LIKE THIS CHEAP MASCARA. Brush is awful, clumps, and the packaging is average. No volume, no length. Nadda.

Better to invest in something better, like l'Oreal Voluminous, which actually gives volume and has a great brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2008 12:02:00 PM More reviews by themisanthrope

I used to wear this because I was cheap, and this is the cheapest you can buy. (Literally. like. four bucks?)

Awful. I hate it. package is ugly, and the product is ugly. Clumpy, flakes, raccoon eyes. One rub and it all goes off. I moved to the water proof version, and ended up with rock hard, spikey gross eyelashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by marleypup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

I know it's a classic.

I know the packaging is cute.

I know it's a good price.

I know the (unlikely) stories of how makeup artists for supermodels *swear* by it.

I just don't get the appeal. It's so very basic, which might appeal to some. If I was going to wear false lashes, this product might be nice--not gunky.

But for daily use, I get nothing from this mascara aside from a bit of colour that tends to flake off through the day. It also irritates my sensitive eyes (I wear contacts most days), whether I am wearing glasses or contacts.

If you are looking for a simple, basic, no-frills mascara, or are just starting to wear makeup, it's a good choice and pretty fool-proof. It just didn't work for me, despite the hype. No volume at all, which is what I look for in a good mascara.

I won't repurchase unless I want to try the false lash combination.