Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 2/18/2008 5:54:00 PM

Great classic mascara, no clumps, no bunching, no flaking, smooth formula lasts on my lashes

:) I love it.

on 2/18/2008 11:53:00 AM

I was pleased to find that all the other members here had the same question in my head...why was this product so glorified by all the magazines I go to as my beauty resource? This product does absolutely nothing for my lashes, yet every single time I use it, I get some sort of an eye infection. About the only product I like from Maybelline is Full n Soft. Anyway...who needs beauty magazines since we have places like MakeupAlley to give us the real dish.

on 2/17/2008 8:45:00 PM

I used to have this when I was younger (we're talking about 8 years ago, when I was about 15) and I really liked it. I don't know if it's changed or what, but I hate it now. It clumps like crazy and smudges. HOWEVER, when they had the limited edition denim blue color a few years ago, I loved it! Didn't clump for some reason, and people were always commenting on how cool it made my eyes look. I miss that stuff so much.

edit - I found the blue again at my local walgreens. Doesn't really do anything as far as lengthining or volumizing, but in the light it makes your eyelashes blue-tinged which is very cool. So I'll give it one extra lippie.

on 2/17/2008 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Great lash does not give me great lashes.

Volume- nothing at all. it clumps up my lashes together and it looks like i only have five lashes.

Lengthening: None.

Colour: I give it one 1 point, because the color is very nice. The blackest black is very dark and pretty.

This is the best selling mascara, not the best mascara.

I wanted to love it though=(

on 2/16/2008 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

i heard alot of good things about this mascara and had high hopes but i really did NOTHING to my lashes

on 2/16/2008 11:22:00 AM

Wow, this stuff is terrible. I had major racoon eyes when I got home from work for three days straight. (that's all I've used it) and I don't plan on using this stuff again. No other mascara has made my eyes look so bad by the end of the day :(

on 2/15/2008 4:30:00 AM

I bought it because I've seen the hype, I was a bit short of cash and needed a new mascara.
Awful! The worst mascara I have ever tried. Difficult to apply, the brush is RUBBISH! It just slips over the lashes and when you do get some on it weighs them down and clumps them together, not the effect you want!

It cost me 5 here in the UK which I think is a bit more expensive than the US but I could be wrong.

I won't get it again.

on 2/14/2008 11:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'll admit I have nice lashes especially for an Asian so I guess that's why I never tried another masacara AND b/c like everyone else knows this mascara is ALWAYS being touted by celebs, MAs, etc. as one of the best so I stuck with it. Out of bordeom I came to this category and was really surprised to see the low score and so I read on and then immediately went to CVS to try something else!! I tried Maybelline Full & Soft based on reviews and though I expected more it was still 100x better than Great Lash. Thank You MUA for helping me see the light!!!

on 2/14/2008 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this mascara, I don't think it's as great as saying it's the #1 mascara in USA or things like that, but I think is very good in its way.
I agree that it doesn't lenghten or trasform a lot the lashes, so if women with short or skinny lashes (who obviously look for products that make their lashes longer or thicker) try it, they won't like this at all. My personal experience is that this mascara is for women who are happy with their lashes and just want to add color and definition with a natural finish or for an everyday look. For that, this mascara is the best I've ever tried and it really has a great brush. I use it everyday, and gives my lashes a natural look that I love. Of course, I wouldn't use it for a party or a night out with friends...for that, I use Bourjois Volume Glamour.
I just think this is a misunderstood mascara, because it's really great in it's way. It only depends on what type of mascara you are looking for.

on 2/13/2008 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS MASCARA AND I REGRET EVER BUYING IT AND TRYING IT!! WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. I ORIGINALLY PURCHASED IT BECAUSE OF THE ALL THE STELLAR REVIEWS I KEPT READING ABOUT IT IN ALL THE MAJOR FASHION MAGAZINES, SO I DECIDED TO TRY IT.
ONCE UPON A TIME I HAD LONG DEFINED LASHES.....THIS MASCARA SERIOUSLY CAUSED ALMOST ALL OF MY LASHES 2 FALL OUT, ITS EXTREMELY DRYING AND JUST BLAH!!
I HATE IT!! IT SHOULD BE RECALLED !!