Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

WHY WHY WHY WHY is this product considered a cult fave? It's HORRIBLE. Too thin, too smudgy..it's the worst mascara EVER! I don't understand what Allure sees in this...It's such poor quality.

I wouldn't wear it if it was the last mascara on Earth.

on 2/5/2008 10:36:00 AM

The worst crap I have ever allowed to take up residence on my lashes. I would have been better off smushing a tin of shoe polish to my face.
Seriously.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

aww.. is it really that bad? I think it's okay. I still haven't had "the best mascara" yet, so I can't really compare it to what the best is like. But compared to my past ones, this does give me natural volume and non-spidery length. I think that's good enough for me

It didn't clump for the first month, but right now.. yes, it clumps. And yes, it smudges too. I have the waterproof one, and it's rain proof.... but not oil proof! Though, others with the same price are just the same. I can't complain.

Sometimes, I accidentally put a little on my skin* not lashes (ex. under my eye)... so I have to quickly wipe it away with my finger. Unlike my old ones, this one is extremely hard to wipe off. Actually, I don't remember a time when I completely wiped it off (with my finger while it's still wet, I mean). But since it doesn't irritate my eye when it gets in, I like it

on 2/4/2008 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Doesn't do an awful lot and I don't even need that much help!!!

on 2/3/2008 3:23:00 PM

I swore off mascara for so long because of this product. Then again, I was very young and inexperienced with make-up at the time. It did everything you would not want a mascara to do. Gross, gross, gross... this should be discontinued. And magazines and makeover shows are doing us a disservice by continuing to promote this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This mascara does lengthen and thicken my lashes, but since I have OILY skin this stuff smears like the devil under my eyes. And the waterproof version is awful to try and take off...if it wasn't for that I would like it. Oh well.

on 2/3/2008 3:13:00 AM

I don't understand what the big deal about this mascara is. Its terrible. Clumps my lashes together and flattens them. (Mine are long and slightly curly).

Won't buy again.

on 2/2/2008 7:08:00 PM

I end up with one lash, all of them stick together. I feel like the product is okay but the brush is lacking. It needs a little while longer to dry than other mascaras on me too.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

makes my eyelashes stick together and clumps easily. doesn't really give me the thickening effect either.

on 2/2/2008 5:25:00 PM

I don't know why this mascara is a make-up artist cult favorite. I find it to be very difficult to work with, watery, and easily smudges during application. On top of its difficult application, it provided me with very little thickening or lengthening.

Popular Mascaras