Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Ozokerite, Shellac, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium 15, Simethicone, Quaternium 22, Butylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289) (CI 77289), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 1/15/2008 7:53:00 PM

I can't believe they still make this mascara!! I got a tube for fun and it is not like I remembered; it is really clumpy and does not coat smoothly ending with a gloopy mess. There is a lot better out there.

on 1/15/2008 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara is alright; when it's new, it goes on smooth. More than two strokes will make your lashes clumpy. I find it flakes off and lands on the top of my cheeks. I can't figure out why it's always a #1 or top choice. Meh.

on 1/14/2008 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Never understand why this is supposed to be the top choice of make-up artists. I used this back in the 80s when I first started wearing make-up and there wasn't a lot of choices, tried it again as an adult after they re-designed the tube and made a curved brush, but would never spend even $1 on this. Always clumped, smudged and performed poorly. I'm a big proponent of using drugstore mascara, but I have yet to find a Maybelline mascara that works well. I'll stick with CoverGirl or Almay.

on 1/14/2008 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Absolute worst mascara I've ever tried. It smells horrible, is clumpy, hard to remove from lashses yet still seems to cling to your under eye area. Not sure why magazines seem to love this product, unless they are getting some sort of kickback.

on 1/14/2008 1:44:00 AM

I'm kind of surprised by the terrible reviews, I really like this product! I own the Great Lash Waterproof Very Black mascara - it keeps the curl, extends my lashes and doesn't smudge. Maybe the other reviews bought the regular kind, which does tend to smudge.

on 1/13/2008 8:35:00 PM

I'm always surprised to see this listed in beauty mags as the ultimate HG mascara -- but every once in & a while I try it again...stupid, stupid.

pros: cheap, doesn't sting my eyes.

cons: clumpy. smudges. raccoon eyes by lunchtime. magically both takes forever to dry, & yet seems to dry out my eyelashes.

never again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one sad excuse for a mascara! I never really tried it until a while ago. When I applied it, it took FOREVER to dry and seemed to smudge all over the place. I ended up having to try to stare straight ahead without blinking for 5 minutes so that it wouldn't smear anywhere. Not only that, but in the end, I ended up having so many lashes clumped together that I could even count them on one hand. If you're thinking about getting this, GO FOR SOMETHING ELSE!

on 1/13/2008 3:31:00 AM

I remember seeing this little pink and green tube on my mom's bathroom sink when I was about five or so. This is supposedly America's best of most favored mascara, but I really don't understand why. Maybe that claim was true 15 years ago, but now? No effing way.
This is my least favorite mascara, ever. First of all, the brush's bristles are so far apart, it's impossible to get a even coat.
Second of all, the formula SUCKS. It's clumpy, it's not long-lasting, it doesn't do a thing to lengthen or to build volume. It just makes you eyelashes semi-black for a couple of hours then it's all under your lower eyelid.
God, take this off the market.

on 1/12/2008 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not quite sure I am understanding the horrid reviews because there's nothing negative about this that I can think of. I wish I knew what mascara is so super fantastic that all these people are using that are giving this such low ratings. I've used many and this was is every bit as good plus it DOES NOT burn my eyes which I cannot say about very many mascara! I have tiny short skimpy lashes and have to say this makes them look exactly the same as when I use L'Oreal Voluminous when I need something waterproof. I will absolutely buy again and again and again. Have been using this forever!

Well, I've heard great things and bad things about his product, but i have to agree--- it's a definite stinker. When you apply it, the brush is TERRIBLE. It doesn't curve lashes at all. Second, the mascara is not at all waterproof. It smudges like crazy and is very hard to remove. The only thing that KINDA (definately not fully) gets it off is Maybelline eye makeup remover liqyuid. And even when i use that, some of my lashes allways come out, makeing them even thinner. This mascara is clumpy, staining, smudgy, and definitly not worth buying, no matter how many people in magazine's rave over it.