October 21, 2014 | 1339 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by tooltimegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just don't GET why this mascara is everyone's FAVORITE. (As evidenced by Allure mag reviews, etc.) I think it's horrible. As someone with short, sparse lashes, this does nothing for me to build volume or length. It's too wet, dries too slow only services to annoy me because I keep expecting it to be great like everyone claims it is.

What a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by steffanii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ick, I really wasn't expecting the reviews on this one to be so bad. After seeing some awards Great Lash got, I decided to fork out a couple bucks to get both the clear version and the... actual mascara. The moment I put it on I was like wow, this is now my go-to-mascara. It doesn't smudge (at least for me) as much as Plush Lash and other mascaras (when I yawn it's like friggin waterworks...). The clear version has issues staying curled but the black one doesn't. I like the small brush which allows me to get right onto the roots of the lashes without smudging. Ahh! I don't know why all the reviews are so bad. I'm completely and utterly confused, but I'll still use it, only because it's the only one that works for me right now.

For a drugstore mascara, I'd say it's done a per-rit-tee good job of satisfying my mascara whoring. For me, it's better than Plush Lash, which I recently got. I'd prefer Great Lash over Plush Lash anyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by keco52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I d.k. why I bought this. The brush is unusable. I use a brush from another mascara and dip it into this tube to use the mascara. It's not the worst mascara I've tried but I'm never buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by rhapsody

I am always utterly perplexed that this product is so highly rated by so many people. On my lashes it takes many coats to build up, it's not easy to work with, and worst of all it flakes and smears on my eyelids. Every few years I give it another try and come away as disillusioned as ever.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Tamathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never understood the appeal of this product-- it's the very worst mascara I've ever used, and I can only conclude that the people pushing this snake oil in magazines, et al were paid off. I have good lashes and I ought to be able to get halfway decent results with any mascara, but not so with this over-hyped, over-exposed Nickelodeon slime-in-a-tube. It makes my lashes clump together, it's too creamy to put on effectively, and does not lengthen or thicken. In fact, I look worse when I have it on than when I don't, because there is no way to avoid sloppiness due to the way too creamy consistency. Maybelline use to make good mascara, but all of them seem to have gone totally downhill in the last 5 years or so. This one was never at the top to begin with. Don't waste your time or your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by 123123wow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Al it does is add a little volume to my lashes. It does nothing else. It smudges, it flakes, and it's hard to take all of it off at once.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by neoroxy

I used to love this mascara for years. It used to define, darken, and fatten my lashes. Nowadays, since better advances in mascara makeup have come around, I think this stuff is obsolete. My lashes aren't enhanced as good as the newer stuff out there and seems to look dull near mid day. No longer impressed by it. I go with Voluminous or Diorshow now.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2007 10:38:00 AM More reviews by badgwendel

I finally gave into the hype of BEST MASCARA EVAH and bought my first tube of Maybelline Great Lash in the Blackest Black. I love the color and the price but that was about it. The mascara is gloppier than any I've ever used. Even after wiping the brush with tissue it still goes on thick and gloppy. And the smudging. Touch my eyes once and my husband asks if I'm going "all goth chick". This is going in the garbage and I'm going back to my beloved Max Factor 2000 Calorie.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by newmummy

I used to buy this mascara all the time. They must have changed the formula because now this stuff sucks! It clumps, it's too wet yet dries too fast, the wand is goopy and needs to be wiped with tissue before you can even apply. I thought I bought a bad bottle but the second one was just as bad. I actually threw it out after one use. Back to my old standby Voluminous.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2007 12:43:00 AM More reviews by omfgitslisa

I bought this product twice (I should've just stopped the first time) Well first b/c I bought the wrong color, so I went to get the darker color ("Blackest Black" I believe) and it didn't do much more for me. It was still just as dark as the dark brown and it smudged A LOT! Maybe it's because I have normal-oily skin, but it was still HEAVY and separated my lashes to the point where it looked fake or something.