Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 1/29/2008 7:42:00 PM

I too do not care for this mascara. Got it because mags like Glamour rated it the #1 rated drugstore brand. I disagree with them thorougly on that. I tried black and while it produced an inky black shade the consistancy is just bad. I curled my lashes and this mascara managed to weigh them back down and take out the lift. It also "spiked" my lashes offering virtually no seperation to each lash. Will not buy again. Ditto on other posters saying they go with Full and Soft it's a much better Maybelline option.

on 1/29/2008 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this mascara when its new, but it tends to try out in the tube.

on 1/28/2008 9:44:00 PM

I bought this mascara because of all the hype and rave reviews about it, and was verrrrrry disappointed. I basically end up looking like i have 3 fat eyelashes. It doesn't go on evenly and makes them clump in an awkward way. I hated this product and would NEVERRRRRR buy it again.

on 1/26/2008 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

When I first discovered my need for mascara...I purchased this product simply because of the hype along with the fact that it was on sale; 2 for 1.

I'll never buy this crap again. I found myself walking around the office with black splotches above my crease, and smudges under both eyes. I had to constantly check my face in the mirror to ensure I wasn't walking around looking like death. It's horrible. It irritated my eyes and didn't do much for my lashes. I'm really baffled as to how this junk received so much praise!

on 1/26/2008 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very simple, plain masacara. Not exatrordinary, I do not understand why it is thought of as "Classis". Offers nothing for my eyes.

on 1/25/2008 5:35:00 PM

I bought this because it was on sale and I always seen it but never tried it. The product goes on clean and smoothly but doesn't give me enough volumn and length. I'll finish the tube however. The only plus is the 'very black' is indeed very black

on 1/25/2008 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I liked this Mascara. Very simple to apply with no clumping. Its light and the black really makes the eyes pop. My lashes are pretty long so I just wanted something simple that would make it look as if Im not wearing mascara, but that I just have really long defined lashes. This does the job of making lashes look nice and natural after 2-3 coats. It also conditions and my lashes feel soft..perfect :)

on 1/25/2008 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Not spectacular - very simple mascara. Does not anything special to my lashes.

on 1/23/2008 1:21:00 PM

I tried this product many times due to the hype about it, it barely shows up and takes ages to dry which means you are guranteed to mark your upper eye crease with mascara

on 1/21/2008 9:18:00 PM

This is a pretty basic mascara. there IS a reason why so many makeup artists have it as a staple. The reason? the formula is buildable, somewhat runny (perfect for layering) and a great all-around mascara. I have also read that they imparted a slight blue tinge to the black color to make eyes stand out more. Anyway, sucked into the hype, I bought this mascara a few years back- it was my first mascara. I like that, unlike many other mascaras with HUGE brushes, it has a rather small brush so I can get to my teeny lashes without bumping into my skin. The only thing I think it is lacking is ease of application and instant gratification of dramatic lashes with one swipe, which is probably, and a big reason why a lot of other mascaras seem to top this one in reviews here. Take your time with it- Nothing stunning, but you do get nicely done feathery lashes with a few coats.