Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 2/22/2008 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I just looove this mascara because its super black and even though some reviewers complain about it not giving you super huge lashes, it is meant to give you 'natural ' lashes which it does, and also, it is so black that even if you put on 1 coat, it makes your lashes stand out. I love it.

on 2/22/2008 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I would anyday save up money and buy YSL Faux Cils instead of 20 tubes of this gunk in a tube. I am by no means makeup snob, if a cheap product is good then id prefer it over the bigger brands, this however is not good, infact this is a poor excuse for mascara and does nothing for my lashes. Its very hard to get off, yet it starts to flake in about an hour? There is just no way I couk make this mascara look even "OK" on me, one coat looked like a chunky mess. Mascara formula is however a very personal thing and its great that this cheap buy works wonders for some, guess it just wasn't right for me.

on 2/22/2008 5:11:00 PM

no clumps, no bunching, no flaking! overall it's like its name, GREAT LASH! Everyone must remember this IS a drugstore brand of mascara and for that it is great. I'm not expect dior qualties but it is a cheaper (by that i mean $$ cheaper) version. i find mascara to be mascara and if you are looking for a basic mascara might as well buy 20 of these rather than one dior.

on 2/22/2008 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't like this mascara at all. It flakes and feels artificial. It does make lashes longer, obviously, but that doesn't make up for its disadvantages. It's also really hard to get off again, even with a good eye make-up remover.

on 2/21/2008 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I think this mascara is a nice budget standard staple. Nothing special but does its job properly. If you want a basic mascara w/o any rubbery brushes (which are bad anyway!) , claims of "curving" or "6 times volume" you have a nice candidate in this one. Great Lash could be called "OK Lash" as far as I'm concerned but it's by no means worse than any other stardard drugstore mascara. Maybe it's "cool" to dislike this? I don't. If you're on a budget that won't allow excess, this is a nice buy. Would probably buy this or Rimmel again if on a tight budget.

on 2/21/2008 1:26:00 AM

At the end of a few hours this mascara smears and that is absolutely the last thing a mascara should do. I've never had mascara smudge on me before and this was the waterproof kind! The reason makeup artists probably say this is the best mascara is because models only where it for about an hour or 2 at a time - just under the time it takes to smudge! Don't waste your time/money.

on 2/20/2008 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

OKAY, so this was the first mascara i brought in my life, i was never a mascara person and only a eyeliner person.
so this is what i think of the mascara in points
- very nice if you only use 1 coat
- 2 coats it gets a little clumpy
- 3 coats you get spiders on your eyes
- after 15 it becomes "black" snowFLAKES
- sumdges in apx. 3 hours ( i am asian w/ oily eyelides and undereyes thus it probably sumdges fater on me)
*so lets sum this up :
clumpy+flaky+sumdgy = CRAPPY

on 2/20/2008 12:16:00 PM

This is the absolute worst mascara i have ever tried. I believe all the make-up artists that swear by it are paid off to say it's the best. It doesn't lengthen, thicken or coat my lashes at all. I can't believe Maybelline still makes this junk.
Don't waste your dollars on this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I also find it quite hard to believe that makeup artists swear by this mascara. It's horrible. Clumpy, doesn't lengthen or thicken well. I have a decent set of lashes, so generally most mascaras work decently, but not this one. Awful!

on 2/18/2008 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know what it is but this is the only mascara that stings and makes my eyes tear all day long. The fumes might be too strong.
It makes my eyes look irritated and blood shot. It made my lashes stand out a little but it doesn't add any fullness or length...I should stick with voluminous but my next purchase will be Maybelline Define a lash, I will let you know how that goes .
Wont repurchase this again.