July 24, 2014 | 955 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Charziparzi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For years I had been hearing about how terrific this mascara is, gave it a go this summer, and... ICK! Gloppy, sloppy, clumpy, and just ick. It clumped my lashes, it smeared, wouldn't dry for anything. I'm glad it was only $3 at Target when I bought it. I threw it out. I have used worse, so I will say at least this didn't make my eyes itch and my lashes fall out. I'm glad it works for other people.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by iamgianna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this mascara because of reviews I'd seen in magazines and I was extremely disappointed. Halfway through the day it had smeared all over my lower lids and I looked like a racoon. Very disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2007 4:29:00 AM More reviews by lizzybennet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara wondering if all the hype was true and also I always used to see my mom use it. This mascara did absolutely nothing for me. It didn't lengthen and didnt darken (although I do already have black lashes). Also the wide spacing in the wand clumped my lashes together. I really do not understand why everyone swears by it. I like other Maybelline mascaras though like Full-n-Soft (gives me volume while keeping the lashes soft....perfection)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by danielleleake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to agree w/ the majority on this product. I dont understand either why it makes the "best of" list every year. It runs like crazy, clumps and just does not do anything for me at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2007 10:59:00 PM More reviews by petal520

This went in the trash after the second day of a coworker asking me if I had a black eye because of the terrible smudging it left. Coupled with the terrible time I had getting what WASN'T smeared off, and still having bad eye gook the next morning, I was left wondering why I'd seen this on every magazine's "best of" list. Not even worth the low price.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2007 3:05:00 PM More reviews by kdmb212

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot honestly understand why this makes it to the top of any makeup editor's list. The price is great, I have to agree, but it clumps like crazy and smears almost as badly! Not only that, but it takes a TON of makeup remover to get it all. I will pay the extra $$ for DiorShow, it makes my lashes look phenomenal. Don't waste the $4 on this one, you might end up spending more on makeup remover and embarassment.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2007 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Roisindubh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Rubbish mascara, a load of hype over nothing, the brush is rubbish,and the product certainly doesnt make you eyelashes look any bigger.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2007 9:06:00 PM More reviews by nellamc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably the worst mascara ever. I bought it because it is featured in almost every magazine as the beauty editor's favorite - but it is really bad. Dry and flaky, no volume, no length. Waste of time and money.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2007 6:26:00 PM More reviews by jafv

Why does anyone bother with this product? The brush is seriously worthless--it's like putting your mascara on with a stick--and although the formula may have made beauty editors in the 60s aquiver with excitement (ooh! mascara in a tube!), with so many mascaras out there that offer real volume, curl, length, etc., there's certainly no reason this useless product continues to top the "best of" lists. (And its continual presence on so many of those lists makes me really distrust beauty editors and grateful for all you honest posters here at MUA). Maybelline Great Lash is the Tab of mascaras, really--there's a certain nostalgia factor, but why bother when there are so many better products out there?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by rolanda

I want to know who gets the kickback money for this to be featured in every magazine as a MA "favorite". Unless MAs have access to a secret stash that is totally different from what's available in the drugstores? I bought this years ago when I was just starting out with makeup because of the magazines, and it remains the worst, most smeary mascara I've ever used. I actually ended up not using mascara at all for some time (I was young) and figured, if this is the best, what's the point? I didn't know that not all mascaras leave big, smeary black smudges on your cheeks. :)