December 22, 2014 | 1737 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is basically the same as MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack, but more product for less money. This liner lasts all day on me without flaking or smudging. The shade is a full-on pigmented black. I tossed the brush it came with and used a fine taklon from the art supply store for perfect liner application. To prevent the pot from drying out prematurely, try to pick up product from the outer edges first and work your way in to leave as much untouched surface as possible.
Would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2008 4:56:00 AM More reviews by b82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

After doing my research online, I decided to purchase the Mac Fluidline and the Hip Cream Liner for backup. I love this eyeliner. Its great for my upper lid and waterline. It last a long time on the waterline compared to other liners. This eyeliner is pretty much the same as the Mac Fluidline..there are minor differences but the results are the same. The fluidline cost $15 for 3 oz and the Hip liner is $11 for 4.5 oz. I got mine from Ulta with a $5 off coupon so I got it at a great deal. I find myself using this more then the fluidline since it stays on my waterliner a little longer.

Update: I realized that the top layer of the product dries up in the container after couple of weeks so you have to remove it and I ended up wasting a lot of it since it dried up. I discovered the Wet N Wild Creme Liner and like it much better than this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me first say that I am a big MAC fluidline fan. I bought this because after a few years, my MAC fluidline in blacktrack dried out severely so I decided to try something new. Compared to the MAC blacktrack, the HIP cream liner is more of a true black and it's very matte. I am naturally tanned and this shows up on my skin a lot darker. It was also a lot easier to make a straight line with this too due to the consistency. It dries very quickly when applying so I don't recommend this if you want to smudge your eyeliner. It was also great on my waterline and had decent staying power. I was very happy with it but with the third or forth use, I started noticing flakes on my eyeballs at the end of the day. The pot also started drying out slightly. I would probably not repurchase this due to the flakes but all in all, it is a very good product. I tried to revive it with visine which helped a bit but it is still flaking on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by youinspire

I know a lot of people complain about the brush, but I find it good enough to use for the product. I don't have a problem with it. I love the product and stays on. It's creamy and dark just like you'd want it to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 4:37:00 AM More reviews by jihee910

I actually like this cream eyeliner more than my MAC fluid line.
This product is more creamier and applies easier.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update- 01-24-09
I dont like this anymore. It smudges way too much. I found an hg for eyeliner and it's by wet n wild and they are much cheaper- dont smudge and even more pigmented. I been using this hip cream liner since july and it's january and it's drying up already. Not good for the price.

Old review

I love this. It's a true black color. The only con about this is that it smudges a little on my lower lash line. Other than that it stays on all day. I brought it for 5 dollars too. HIT the BOGF sales

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by bibiancheng

As someone said earlier, the brush is useless, It's relatively dry and hard to apply (if you'r a fluidline hardcore user like me), I just gave mine to my sis.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

As an avid user of MAC Fluidline (especially Blacktrack), I'm used to cream/gel liners and I like to thank after a couple of years of practice, I've finally mastered the application of working with cream/gel eyeliners.
I prefer them anyday to pencil eyeliners.
My little pot of Blacktrack ran out at least a month ago that I had for almost 2 years. Towards the end, my Blacktrack started to run dry on me and application wasn't so hot. As many different colors of Fluidline as I own, I couldn't imagine constantly using Blitz N Glitz as a backup of Blacktrack (since it is black, but flecked with golden shimmer) so I caved and bought the black HIP cream liner.

This wouldn't be my first experience with HIP's cream liners, as I already owned the Teal and hated that stuff with a passion. A gorgeous color in the pot, but applied like hell on my lids. I picked up the jar of HIP black cream liner at CVS and they were having a "Buy one, get one half off" deal on all HIP so I also grabbed the midnight blue jar. I have been using this cream liner for a few weeks now and let me just say, every application of this stuff has been a dream, it goes on so easy and so much more smoothly than any of my Fluidlines ever have! Plus, it takes just a little longer than Fluidline to dry so if I make a boo-boo, I have plenty of time to fix it without fudging the entire look. Another great thing about this black cream liner is the staying power, it truly lasts ALL DAY until it's time to take it off and I find it comes off pretty easily with warm water and a washcloth. It also doesn't smudge or flake or transfer on my upper eyelids like some of my Fluidlines have in the past. It applies like a dream (I chucked the useless brush it came with and use my MAC 266 or the Coastal Scents angled liner brush) and in general, is an amazing drugstore find.

There are many colors of Fluidline that I wouldn't trade for the world but when it comes to this black cream liner from HIP, it is a definite repurchase and I love how much you get for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by IvyGuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this product when it first came out but never got around to reviewing it. IIRC, it cost about $12 which I thought was kind of pricey for a drugstore item but so many people were raving about it I just had to try it. Well, I was really disappointed. The brush that comes with it is totally useless and I felt the cream liner was a bit on the dry side which made it a pain to apply. Pigmentation was good, however, but it flaked and smudged on my eyes like crazy. Total raccoon eyes. I had MUCH better luck with Jane's Be Pure Mineral gel eyeliner -- smooth and easy to apply, dries fast, good pigmentation, didn't smudge on me, came with a decent brush, and was cheaper ($6).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 7:51:00 AM More reviews by lovelycee

I'm a late boomer on this hip eyeliner, it's always out of stock at my store but I finally got my hands on it. I would compare this to Shiseido Accentuating Cream Eyeliner in consistency but I love HIP's price! The brush is just a freebie that I don't expect to be all that great of a brush so I use Mac 266 brush to apply the product. It easily glides over without the mess, after few hours of wear it doesn't melt on me or become cakey compared to the cheapo wet n wild ones that I thought was great =|.
Just a tip if your hip eyeliner dries out, scrape the top with razor then apply a tiny tiny drop of eyedrops and tada it's fresh again! that's what I did with my mac fluidline.