July 31, 2014 | 1095 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 7:40:00 AM More reviews by dustdream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG primer and I hope MAC never discontinues it! I have extremely oily skin and this below a foundation keeps my skin nice and matte throughout the day. I do have to blot maybe twice? - throughout the day but believe me it's a whole lot better than if I wasn't wearing it - foundation would just slide off. It's rather expensive but I really haven't had anything work so well for me before, plus one tube can last me a few months. I'm on to my second tube now and it hasn't broken me out though it does have pore clogging tendencies. Make sure you cleanse your face properly after using and you'll be fine. I love the SPF50 too. Definitely would recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by BunniesKill

Like others, I have been unable to get a straight answer as to whether this product is supposed to be a primer in and of itself, or if it's just a component in the Prep & Prime line. The M.A.C. pore filler says it should be applied before this product, indicating to me that this is a modular sort of priming "system."

Anyway, I use it as a primer with great results. It appears to fill in pores and fines lines and visibly evens out my skin tone. It holds makeup like glue and makes my foundation look smooth and perfect.

The one major drawback that really can't be emphasized enough is that you will *not* get SPF 50 protection unless you apply a LOT of this product. That's the trap of "combo" products that include SPF. I do wear a pretty solid layer, and that makes the $28 price tag even more ridiculous.

You can also wear another sunscreen underneath, if you can't afford to go nuts with this and your own skin can handle that many layers. I have yet to perfect makeup application over a truly optimal quantity of sunscreen without looking shiny as hell and/or flaking because of the excess product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by SayoonaraSadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really can't decide whether or not I like this product. One thing I noticed is that it does a great job of keeping my makeup stay put, however like some other users, I too experienced it seperating. The consistency was runny and it was like the cream seperated from the oils. I would try shaking the tube but after squeezing it out it felt really oily and greasy!! I made the mistake of using it in that condition...uh yeah, BAD IDEA...my face kicked into oil production overdrive!!! The sad thing was I thought it was supposed to be like that...I told a MAC SA that it was making me oily and she suggested that I used a moisturizer under it. Problem was I was already using Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel under it.

I've read that another user brought it to their attention and recieved a new one. I wish I had thought of that...maybe I'll give it a try again. I've tried other primers like Peter Thomas Roth, and the Monistat Anti - Chaffing Gel and they usually didn't cut it for me so I shall update after my second attempt at this. Wish me luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by vanessa1590

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this kind of on a whim because I decided that I needed something to help control my oily skin as the weather got warmer and more humid. I didn't really purchase this product with high hopes of a miracle. I just wanted something to *help* mattify my skin.

I was very suprised within minutes of first applying this. My skin was instantly matte and this result lasted all day! My eyeshadow went on beautifully and with minimal creasing after 10 hours! I use this with the translucent Prep+Prime Finishing Powder and this combination keeps my skin looking fresh all day. The first day I wore this combination over moisturized skin, my boyfriend asked me if I was wearing foundation!... and I NEVER wear foundation!

I love this product and I would definitely recommend this to you oily skined gals (and guys!) out there who just need that little extra something to make your skin appear more flawless =O) The high SPF protection is just the icing on the cake.

I will definitely repurchase, even though it might be a while because you only need very little of the product for each use. It is a bit pricey though, but for the result, it's totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by BrittaniB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being a future skin therapist, this is something I recommend in everyones make-up bag; not only does this product maintain my foundation through out the day, but it also contains SPF 50.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by rxygrl

HG primer! I've used this on EVERY bride and for photoshoots/ runway makeup (I'm a makeup artist) and it's amazing! Everything else applied after it lasts ALL DAY! Even the oiliest skins will love it, but it doesn't dry the skin out. The best part is the SPF in it. You just need to remove it with a cleansing oil, unless you want clogged pores. HG and definitely will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lorencita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is a great SPF primer. I actually used this to go to the beach and it lasted quite a while & I got NO sun on my face. I live in Miami beach, so we have VERY strong sun & this held up surprisingly well! very happy

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by MissPark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I have pretty oily skin and wanted to test out different primers to see which would work the best for me. I heard some great reviews for this so I went to my nearest MAC counter and picked it up. I really like the high SPF of 50! I live in Texas and the sun is pretty strong so it keeps giving me freckles! The bottle is really small for the price that I paid. Some primers give you more product for the price, but if it works there are no complaints. I put it on under my tinted moisturizer and there was really no difference. It didn't make me oilier but it didn't mattify much either. It did make my skin smooth for easier application for my foundation and tinted moisturizer but that's about it. I don't think I can justify the price to buy this again. It might work for others, but it didn't work for me. I still use this product for the SPF factor but not for its "primer" purposes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2009 8:34:00 AM More reviews by cmc1234

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Made my already oily skin even olier, but if you don't have oily skin should work for you. Swapped it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2009 8:21:00 AM More reviews by lovemygold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked the idea of the product, it has a mattifying effect. The only problem was that the glitter particles in it highlights imperfections like acne scars. Buyer beware!