April 24, 2014 | 1918 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by vanessa1590

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this kind of on a whim because I decided that I needed something to help control my oily skin as the weather got warmer and more humid. I didn't really purchase this product with high hopes of a miracle. I just wanted something to *help* mattify my skin.

I was very suprised within minutes of first applying this. My skin was instantly matte and this result lasted all day! My eyeshadow went on beautifully and with minimal creasing after 10 hours! I use this with the translucent Prep+Prime Finishing Powder and this combination keeps my skin looking fresh all day. The first day I wore this combination over moisturized skin, my boyfriend asked me if I was wearing foundation!... and I NEVER wear foundation!

I love this product and I would definitely recommend this to you oily skined gals (and guys!) out there who just need that little extra something to make your skin appear more flawless =O) The high SPF protection is just the icing on the cake.

I will definitely repurchase, even though it might be a while because you only need very little of the product for each use. It is a bit pricey though, but for the result, it's totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by BrittaniB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being a future skin therapist, this is something I recommend in everyones make-up bag; not only does this product maintain my foundation through out the day, but it also contains SPF 50.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by rxygrl

HG primer! I've used this on EVERY bride and for photoshoots/ runway makeup (I'm a makeup artist) and it's amazing! Everything else applied after it lasts ALL DAY! Even the oiliest skins will love it, but it doesn't dry the skin out. The best part is the SPF in it. You just need to remove it with a cleansing oil, unless you want clogged pores. HG and definitely will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lorencita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is a great SPF primer. I actually used this to go to the beach and it lasted quite a while & I got NO sun on my face. I live in Miami beach, so we have VERY strong sun & this held up surprisingly well! very happy

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by MissPark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I have pretty oily skin and wanted to test out different primers to see which would work the best for me. I heard some great reviews for this so I went to my nearest MAC counter and picked it up. I really like the high SPF of 50! I live in Texas and the sun is pretty strong so it keeps giving me freckles! The bottle is really small for the price that I paid. Some primers give you more product for the price, but if it works there are no complaints. I put it on under my tinted moisturizer and there was really no difference. It didn't make me oilier but it didn't mattify much either. It did make my skin smooth for easier application for my foundation and tinted moisturizer but that's about it. I don't think I can justify the price to buy this again. It might work for others, but it didn't work for me. I still use this product for the SPF factor but not for its "primer" purposes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2009 8:34:00 AM More reviews by cmc1234

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Made my already oily skin even olier, but if you don't have oily skin should work for you. Swapped it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2009 8:21:00 AM More reviews by lovemygold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked the idea of the product, it has a mattifying effect. The only problem was that the glitter particles in it highlights imperfections like acne scars. Buyer beware!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this sunscreen under my makeup or by itself. I know it's technically a primer, but it's one of the few SPF's I can tolerate on a regular basis. Doesn't cause breakouts or irritate my sensitive skin, also not shiny at all. Expensive considering you're only getting 1 oz. per bottle and go through it quickly, but for me it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this! After reading too many scary articles about oxybenzone I decided to switch to a physical blocker and picked this based on the MUA reviews. I'm so glad I did!! This makes my skin so much softer and is a great base for makeup. And the best part? No oil slicks or breakouts! Not to mention the good sun protection. The only thing I dislike is the awkward packaging. It won't stand up straight and it's very difficult to squeeze so it's kind of a pain to get the cream out when you near the end of the tube. I wish it'd come in a larger (squeezable!!) tube, but the product lasts me a good 5 or 6 months so I guess I'll live with it.
I'm almost through my second tube and about to purchase the third. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2009 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Harry1571

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have just purchased this for the 2nd time - it actually lasted longer than expected, considering the size of the packaging (have used it almost every day for 4 months).

Now I have run out, I have really noticed what a difference it makes. Make up goes on smoother and stays put for the rest of the day. It hasn't caused any breakouts. I haven't had a chance to test the SPF as I live in Scotland and there isn't much sun here anyway! :p

To get the best from this product, I would advise using only a very small amount each time and allow it to sink in properly (takes a few minutes). I will definitely ve buying again - only thing is the price (took 1 lippy off for this).