October 25, 2014 | 1686 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - New Flat Top Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by gina2685

If you're using mineral makeup, no matter which brand you prefer, you definetely have to buy this brush. Let me start by saying that, like the LHK, this is an amazingly soft brush, you can't even imagine how soft it is unless you touch it. The bristles are synthetic (so they're cruelty free), very dense, evenly flat and they don't shed even after a rough wash. The handle is practical, not too long and it fits nicely in my hand. I use it to apply EM's mineral foundation and it does a great work though it might give a cakey result if you use too much product or if you don't tap after swirling. So I suggest a light hand until you get the hang of it. I wouldn't compare it with the LHK cause that one is very versatile while I'm feeling that the flat top is fantastic for foundation only. Last, but definetely not least, the price is amazing. This costs 10 dollars, which is alreasy cheap, but it's even better to buy it as part of a custom kit. Custom kits are an amazing value so go for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2008 7:30:00 AM More reviews by FridayLong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

ETA: I won't lie, these are good brushes but unfortunately EDM is not a company I will ever do business with again. The customer service has gone downhill so badly as to be non-existent. I personally know one customer that had to dun them for a year to get the brush she paid for and that was after they had gone so far as to call her a liar about not receiving it. Good brush, great price but just not worth the potential grief. You might also want to check some of the other updated reviews about their products, especially the foundations and concealers.

Love mine and have another on the way. It is an excellent quality brush for three times the price. While I wouldn't use it as an all over foundation blush (it is after all flat and my face is not), it is perfect for stippling and then buffing a very thin layer of color corrector on to even out my complexion. It allows you to be very precise about where you put the corrector where the LHK is not.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by moxie_star

I love this brush. It gets the job done with such a heavenly and truly flawless application. This brush is very soft. I've had mine for 6 months, clean it with baby shampoo once every week and it hasn't shed once, and is as soft as the day I received it. This is a little champ of mineral foundation brushes and for $10 how can you go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Beautiful brush, will be great for applying mineral makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I own one of these and love it. In fact, I like it so much that I am going to buy another. Great brush for finishing powders. I haven't tried it for mineral foundation yet, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 7:42:00 AM More reviews by xSiMPLYPiNK

Extremely soft and dense. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by sg00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall: 5, Price: 1, Packaging: 5, Rebuy: Yes

___ABOUT________________________________

[This review is similar to my LHK one.] This, like the LHK, is an absolute beauty. Both are so soft that they make you blink and look twice to make sure you're not imaging a puff sponge instead of those typically bristly ends of brushes we have come to expect. In making these, EM has defied the gravity of brushes somehow. The size is perfect for at-home application AND traveling around in clutches, purses, and bags. Now how many brushes can beat that? Usually a brush has a perfect shape and all that jazz, but is so bulky that even placing it in a pencil holder would be awkward. This brush is SMALL. Have no delusions about the size. It fits snuggly in your palm, and the handle isn't spectacular long or anything. However, it's perfect grip-eage wise, and handy for people who like to get up close and personal with the bathroom mirror (no more of that jabbing long brush handle ends into the mirror business!)

___CRITIQUE____________________________

The bristle ends finish of this brush is almost perfect. I only had to trim 4 bristles with my vanity/eyebrow trimmer scissors. This is a lifetime record, since I'm something of a obsessive brush-trimmer. My sensitive and acne-prone skin is easily irritated by prickly brushes, so it becomes my personal goal to eliminate all horrid bristles in sight. The top really is FLAT, and is pretty good in terms of firmness.

___COMPARISON___________________________

So the question for most is: should I get the LHK or the flat top? Well, why not try both? Awesomeness seems to be the general consensus here for both brushes. It won't hurt to have another adorable brush lying around on the counter. Worst comes to worst, you can just consider the other brush a backup one to stuff in gym bags or backseats. From my experience, the LHK is better suited for finishing powders, primers, blushes, highlighters, and contouring. My flat top works much better for actually foundation application and definitely better for compacts. It provides a smoother application, while the LHK is great for general dusting.

___CONCLUSION___________________________

Honestly, for 10 bucks, what could go wrong? This is definitely worth a try, and then some. 90+% guarantee that you'll like it! And there's *probably* a good reason why so many MUA-ers have toted this brush as one of the most desirable ones yet. It exceeds so many high end brushes I own or have tried in the past. Honestly, I'm planning to purchase one of those big kits and fill the whole kit with this and the LHK brush.... just in case.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Menie8

Simply great!!!
Love how soft it feels, but is still firm!
gives great coverage, and hasn't shed any hairs/fibres yet!
No problems with blending or picking up color

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 10:41:00 PM More reviews by tia347

I bought this brush about 9 months ago and I have to say this is the nicest brush that I have ever used in my life. It is so unbelievably soft you will not believe how soft this brush is. I use it with my mineral foundations and it gives the greatest application and such good coverage. You don't even need that much minerals when using this brush and I don't have to keep applying. I put on two layers and sometimes not even that many and I am out the door. You will not be sorry for buying this brush it will be your favorite for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by abbi123