Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 5/13/2010 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I LoveLoveLOVE this lip balm! I actually bought several and now have one in my office drawer, my purse and beside by bed. Wonderful at moisturizing lips and helping with winter chappiness. Also, applied lightly it makes a wonderful base for my lipstick.

on 5/13/2010 10:06:00 AM

HG LIP BALM!!!

Nothing will beat it.

on 5/12/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

AMAZING! This is one of my favorites lip balm EVER. It helps to keep my lips hydrated and beautiful, it smells nice and leaves a faint trace of color. Give it a try! RECOMMENDED.

on 5/6/2010 7:33:00 AM

I could sniff on this stuff all day, its smell is so fascinating! BUT this stuff gave me allergy on lips!!
For the first time...
I even paid more, hoping to hydrate my dry lips, but it just didn't work, and gave me a pair of swollen, irritated lips!!

on 5/3/2010 10:23:00 PM

First starting off with the BURT'S BEES Replenishing LIP BLAM with pomegranate oil this stuff is fantastic I tell you! Not only does it smell fantastic, it leaves your lips feeling super soft and smooth..not to mention the lite hue of color it also gives. It usually runs about 2-3$ in price but trust me you will not regret this buy..I love all BURT'S BEES products but this one tops my cake! Plus all packaging contains 50% post-industrial recylcled plastic! Yippeee!

on 4/29/2010 2:18:00 PM

This is my favorite balm. I used to use cherry carmex, but stopped when I got one of these on a whim. This is all I buy now. Why? Because it heals my chapped lips in a day, where as the carmex would heal my chapped lips but if I stopped wearing it they would come back again. Personally I like the smell, even though it is a little odd. I like the texture and that it's not greasy or shiny. I love to use this before applying a lip product too. Keeps some of the more drying lipsticks from drying out and looking awful.

on 4/29/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to like this lip balm, but I just couldn't.

First off, the smell of the lip balm is overwhelming. At first, it smells pleasant, but, after a while, it becomes unbearably cloying. I would compare the smell to that of a cheap, rose-scented air freshener. I don't even know why I bothered putting it on my lips; I suppose I just wanted to give it a fair chance.

On my lips, the balm didn't really "moisturize". In fact, it dried out my lips. I also felt as if the product just "sat" on my lips, doing next to nothing to actually quench my chapped lips. I also had to reapply the product every 10 to 15 minutes because it was so drying. I attribute this to its waxy texture.

Another issue I have with this product is the use of carmine (a red dye obtained from the carminic acid produced by Cochineal beetles), which for vegans or those that are religious (i.e. Muslim, etc.) is not an ideal ingredient. Just don't be fooled into thinking that this is an all natural product, just because it's made by Burt's Bees.

The only good things I can say for this is that it leaves a nice, sheer tint on my lips (Thanks, Carmine!), and that it is packaged well.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. If you want moisturized lips, stick to cherry Chapstick, Lipsmackers, or Eucerin's Aquaphor.

on 4/28/2010 9:36:00 AM

I found this lip baum to be incredibly drying. I bought it because the original kind was out.

on 4/27/2010 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I find that Burt's Bees Lip Balms do create moisture barrier for your lips but it feels like the balm just sits on top of the lip rather than feeling like it is really sinking into the lip. This lip balm has a fruity scent from the pomegranate oil that I do not mind, and I can be easily bothered by smells. The cap on the packaging pretty accurately matches the color of the lip balm which will give your lips a slight color and shine.

on 4/25/2010 8:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I LOOOOOVE. :) this lip balm .
everything about it, is AMAZING.
first of alll. i laaav the colour, its a pinky, purpley or something. i dont know exactly, but i would recomend this product to anyone and everyone.! seriously.
iLOVE burt's bees .