October 20, 2014 | 2088 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by elvia2189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok..so about a year ago I got this as a sample and I thought I remebered liking it. Recwently I thought to revisit it because I am trying to get off of heavy foundations.
The problem with this product is that it sits on top of the skin and never dries. Because of that it is easy to streak and wipe off. It is not long wear and not for ppl with oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There isn't really anything I like about this 'foundation'. First of all, it offers NO coverage. I get the same look with this as I do with my MAC MSFN by itself, or tinted moisturizer. It just sat on top of my skin feeling very heavy and greasy (Playsticks gave me the same feeling BTW), transferring on anything that even came near my face. I used the 'deep' shade for my NC40/42 skin, which was a little orangey. Not worth the $28-30 or whatever I spent on it, AT ALL...I returned it about a week after buying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2009 3:33:00 AM More reviews by leia989

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a new foundation, when the counter girl first put this on me I wasn't very impressed. I still bought it thinking how I wanted something other than liquids or mineral powder, seemed like something new.

So when I put this on for myself, I applied it with the brush and I have to say I looked GORGEOUS!! I looked so amazing and found that putting some minerals on top it would not give me that dreaded shine I get with my oily skin. I wore this to my friend's for a housewarming party, and hours later in the day when I looked in the mirror I still looked AMAZING.

Unfortunately, the next morning when I woke up I had HUGE ZITS all over my face!! :( I always am careful to remove my makeup and cleanse properly, usually I do not breakout from other products I have used. I loved how beautiful this made my skin look I even tried it a few more times using acne treatment (Benzyl peroxide cream) underneath. No matter what I tried it always gave me horrible breakouts :(

The bottom line: Everyone should try this! if it makes you break out like it did to me, you can always return it ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by meghan1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went for a make over at the local Benfit counter and she used this on me and let me just say I don't like other people putting on my foundation because they tend to 'cake' it on and not blend it properly but when she put this on my face I was happy with the result, so I agreed to buy (even though it is expensive she assured me it would probably last a year)

The next day I used this and it was so much better applied myself, its a really flawless finish and I usually pair it with a dusting of 'hello flawless' powder and it works a treat for me as I don't like heavy coverage for my face! The reason I only gave it 4 lippies is beacuse of the price and the amount in the pot but I don't mind saving up some money to buy another one when mine runs out!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Pinupsundae

You don't really get a whole lot of bang for your buck here in my opinion. Whilst the packaging is cute (hello Benefit's main selling point!) what's inside doesn't really differ a whole lot from your average creme foundation. Sure it's pretty light and silky and matches your skin tone ok, but it's nothing to write home about, especially considering the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The SA at the Benefit counter gave me a free makeover and this was what she used on my face. When she was putting it on, it felt like silk...no harsh rubbing needed to blend it in. After a quick glimpse in the mirror, I agreed to purchasing it and took it home with me.

Using it myself, I'm kinda on the fence about this. Firstly - it's SO expensive. And there's not a whole lot of product in this compact...rest assured. I will probably use this up really quickly.

I use the shade 'deep' which is the darkest available. I'm an NC37-40 tan skinned gal, and deep matches me fine, even though it looks amazingly dark in the pot. This foundation is sheer, so colour-wise, it doesn't take much effort at all to find the right shade.

The texture glides on easily and gives me a natural, almost flawless look. I have acne scars on my chin and some blemishes here and there, yet this covered them well and made my skin look so much better.

As for lasting power - on my combo oily/normal skin - it's decent. If I wear this for a whole uni day, I need to touch up with some powder sometimes. I can't go a whole day without a touch up otherwise I get shiny and greasy looking.

I have acne-prone senstive skin and this hasn't irritated my skin. I apply this with a wedge sponge and it works well for me.

I like this foundation, but the price is ridiculous. For that reason, I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by underage

I love this foundation. It's great for people who don't like to wear much makeup on their face but still want a flawless finish. It also makes your skin feel sooo smooth! My only complaint is that they don't give you much for such a high price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by taryne721

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is awesome, I've wanted something that doesn't feel heavy or look heavy so I tried LM tinted moisturizer and Mac select tint but since it was liquid it still felt heavy to me. This stuff is like a tinted moisturizer but in powder form. It evens out my skin tone but yet makes it so it looks like I'm not wearing anything I love it. The only reason I took one star off is because I've gone through it pretty fast compared to other foundations.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Rholynn

Yuck.

One of the worst products I've ever tried. Seems to work for a lot of others, but definitely not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by alitap0408

When I first purchased this product I thought that I had found a great foundation. At application the product provided medium coverage, matched my skintone well, and had a light feel to it. A few hours after application I need a whole new application not just a touch up here or there. This is not a great product for anyone that needs their foundation to stay put for any more than a few hours. I think that it is a little pricey for the amount of product that you get. I will stick to my Revlon Colorstay foundation.