Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

on 12/12/2007 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like this stuff for the summer when it's extra hot out.
I only use it at night before bed once every 3 days and it keeps me totally dry. You can even skip deoderant in the day when using this product.

One warning DO NOT use after shaving/waxing. It will sting and itch to the point where you cant help but scratch. That just makes it worse. Even washing it off at that point doesn't help. It's a horribe feeling. Other then that I would buy and use this product again.

on 12/2/2007 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

A few warnings up front: DO NOT USE if you are about to have laser hair removal under your armpits or immediately after laser hair removal, it "can" cause severe irritation. DO NOT USE for at least a week before you have a mammogram, as the aluminum will affect the results, just as regular deodorant or powder cannot be worn during a mammogram. With that being said, this is the one product that is my HG forever. I learned about Certain Dri from all you wonderful MUA'ers here. I can't believe I had never heard of this before. I was about to drop several hundred dollars on Botox to stop my sweating, until now. I used to have wet armpits all the time, even in colder than cold weather. There's nothing like being layered in several items of clothing to keep warm and when you undress, all your clothes are soaked in the armpits.....not attractive at all. I wore more dark shirts than anyone I know. I even resorted to placing cut-up panty liners in the armpits of my clothing to protect against the wet spots. Well, no more! Certain Dri did cause me to sting, in fact the first night I thought I had a three-alarm-fire happening in my pits...but I dealt with it. I used this for three nights in a row, each night the stinging was less and less, but certainly tolerable, especially after the results it gave me. I would have suffered even more if I had to because it is worth it. The morning after my first use, my pits did feel a little raw, but nothing I couldn't deal with. I always shave in the shower every morning, so using a razor that first morning was pretty agonizing, but I still did it. I have had no irritation since then, not a bit. I find for me that if I skip a day, I do get a tiny bit of sweat, hardly any, so I have decided to use this every night. What can I say- I "glisten" like a pig! (LOL). With using this every night, I hardly notice any stinging or itching at all, and as soon as it dries, I put some baby podwer on top and it helps a great deal with any itching. I went to the gym the 2nd day after I used this and had bone-dry armpits. The only sweat I had there was from the sweat dripping from other parts of my body. I have told everyone I know about this product. I know I look like a crazy person in the gym, but I have told quite a few people and they are excited to get out and try this product. I just saw a commercial today for Degree Clinical Protection, claims to do the same thing, seems to be an OTC competitor for Secret Clinical Strength, but honestly, I don't care- I won't bother trying either of them...why should I? I have already found what I was praying I could find, and not to mention I just saved about $1200 per year by not having Botox!

Bottom line...it works!

I experienced irritation at first, and have sensitive skin, but your body adjusts to the product, and after a few uses you should have no more irritation.
I do avoid use for a day or two after shaving or waxing underarm, but I still find I am dry because this stuff is so powerful.
Follow the directions and you'll be dry.

I will buy again and again and again

on 11/26/2007 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wow! First of all, I have to say that this is my first review on MUA ever. This product is just something I have to rave about. I have tried every deodorant out there to control my sweating and thanks to MUA my search is over! Thank you everyone for reviewing this. I am on day 3 and I still have no wetness! Anyway, I highly recommend this product!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this thing is amazing!! i used to sweat through my clothes...even when it was cold! it was disgusting and smelled bad. i tried a variety of regular deodorants, like secret, ban, etc. Then i read about Certain Dri in a magazine and i thought, why not? only about 3-5 bucks, anyway. IT WORKED GREAT. i used it for only a few days, and i immediately saw drastic results. i practically just stopped sweating! no more worrying about those embarrassing "i can't lift my arms up in case anyone sees whats over there..." highly recommended

on 11/21/2007 1:55:00 PM

I am still shaking my head over the fact that I suffered from perspiration woes for so many years, yet no longer have that problem with Certain Dri. This stuff is truly amazing! I have had NO perspiration whatsoever for the past two days since putting this on. I still use crystal stick in the morning to guard against odor, but really, I am soooo impressed by how dry I am! Wow.

If I can truly get away with using this one to two times a week, I'll be very happy and will consider myself released from the traditional products which had completely stopped working on me all of a sudden. This is looking like HG material...

UPDATE: One night, I developed MAJOR itching about 20 minutes after applying this. I mean, it was BAD!! I wanted to scratch the skin off my pits, they were so itchy...Then I realized that I put too much on that one night. I suspect that I did something like 10 swipes on each underarm.

You really have to use this sparingly! A couple of swipes and that's it! Trust me, it will work, and you won't get itchy... Now I do two on each underarm and only two. Once in a while I'll get a bit itchy but it's intermittent and tolerable...I would freak if this was ever discontinued. It's simply the best at controlling perspiration!! I still have a *scant* amount of perspiration in my pits if I go to the gym before my morning shower, but it's nothing like it used to be...And if I perspire any other time, it's not from my pits, just everywhere else!

I'm down to using this about once every 10-14 days...mostly because I forget to put it on. Weird thing is, I just don't sweat like I used to. It's almost like my body chemistry altered just from using this. I think if I was dilligent about using this, I'd use it very 5 days. But we've had triple digit days recently with humidity and I just haven't had an issue. This absolutely confers 72 hour protection plus!

I spent an entire day in my garage cleaning up and it was almost 100 degrees...I sweated like a pig from everywhere except my pits...that completely amazes me...

on 11/15/2007 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product, especially if you are a heavy sweater. I used to sweat all the time and i finally went to the doctor, and this is what he recomended. i bought mine at my local CVS. Works great, but beware if you have sensitive skin, and dont put it on after shaving(may cause irritation)

on 11/11/2007 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I can't seem to find this in Canada, so I just picked it up on a recent trip to the US... this is totally a HG product! Totally lasts for 2 days (never had that before with any product) for both sweat and odor control. It really works - just follow the instructions on the box. I have never had the burning, but I don't apply it right after shaving. I do get a bit of itchiness at first right after applying, Dries in a few minutes.

The only downside is the packaging. It is quite unattractive and since it is a roll-on, it leaks like crazy! I must have lost half of it in my luggage! Otherwise, well worth the cost.

on 11/11/2007 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wonder how I lived without this! Fragrance free and truly keeps you dry. You must apply it at night or run the risk of staining your clothes. It does feel slightly burny/itchy about 15 minutes after application. For me, staying dry and fresh for 16+ hours is worth it.

on 10/30/2007 6:45:00 PM

this has been the only thing that has controlled my sweating long term. when i first started using it i did have some problems with it burning and making me itch. and for some reason when i put it on i tend to smell bad. but it works and the smell is only if yr close to my armpit. i have gotten quite a few people i know using it and it works great for them as well.