July 28, 2014 | 2225 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 2:27:00 AM More reviews by tito_barf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Perfection. I used to sweat so much that I stopped buying any tops that were even slightly fitted under my arms, but now that I use this, no problem! I've even forgotten to wear daily deodorant while using this, and no sweat AT ALL.
Had been using Secret Clear, but the active ingredient just doesn't do it for me.
Rarely irritates my underarm, though some nights it itches a bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, I have to say THANK YOU to those that reviewed & recommended this product, so I felt I should add my opinion for others like me.

I thought I was the only woman who's underarms would sweat for no apparent reason (I'm even cold natured!) but almost without fail, I would get wet marks on my clothes within a few hours of showering & dressing.

I have probably spent at least $100 trying to find the right deodorant/anti-perspirant that would fix my problem. I was too embarrased to discuss with anyone (thank goodness for the internet & MakeupAlley!) so I just kept buying more products...most recently Secret Clinical Strength and I didn't notice any improvement.
After reading the posts here I bought Certain dri and followed the directions very closely to avoid irritation. Well, I didn't have irritation and I noticed a SIGNIFICANT reduction in sweat the very next day. I have finally found THE product that fixed my problem without having to go to a Dr. I think the key is the ingredients, Secret Clinical has 20% aluminum zirconium, which is just a little stonger strength than the average deodorant on the market. Certain dri has 12% aluminum chloride, which is not even listed as an ingreident in the other deodorants. So the key ingridient must be the aluminum chloride. I can't believe I've never seen this in the stores, but there it was at Kroger wedged in between all the heavily advertised products.

I am so excited, and can't wait to raise my arms in freedom again and wear white shirts & silk tops without fear of embarrasment!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 9:50:00 PM More reviews by binky7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product, especially when you get used to it. However, I hate roll-ons and it does tend to drip when its a new bottle and full. What I do that works good it to transfer it to a little spritz bottle. In the beauty aisle you can buy little spritz bottle for a dollar, then just puncture a hole in the bottom of the roll-on and drain it into the spritzer. This way you get an even application without dripping and you waste less. This also works better for guys who can't use roll-ons because of the hair issue. Hope that helps someone.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by cbgtgrl

Ok, I just registered on this site about a week ago and i thought it was all about just make up. Then i browsed around and found that this website is full of valuable info. I have had an excessive perspiration problem ever since i can remember. Ive never been to a doctor for it though. Ive tried every antiperspirant out there. NOTHING seemed to help. When Secret came out with the Clinical Strength i was excited because i thought maybe it would actually work. But it didnt do anything for me. Ive never had a problem with odor really just the wetness. And i sweat all the time. it could be 60 degrees in the room and my arm pits will be wet. I can be sitting doing nothing and my arm pits are wet. I have more black shirts that anyone i know. Im so self concious about it and its so embarassing! Anyways i started searching on here for antiperspirant reviews to see what other people have to say. Then i start reading all these reviews for Certain Dri. I never even heard of it and i dont know how i could miss it in the deoderant aisle. So many of the peoples descriptions about their sweating is exactly like mine! And when they said this stuff worked i was like "yeah yeah ive heard that before". So after reading pages and pages of reviews i decided that i had to find this. I found it and been using it for 2 days now and ITS AMAZING! I wore a white shirt for the first time without something over it! This stuff actually works. It does sting a little for me when i first put it on but it is definitly worth it. I really have so much more confidence now, its crazy. I dont know what i would do without this stuff. I actually went out and bought colorful shirts today because i can really wear them now! Certain Dri is definitly the best thing in the world to me right now. Sorry for writing so much but it seriously has changed me. I feel like a different person now without the big wet armpits. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ljm1950

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for 8yrs.
I read many of the other reviews and many are correct.
No just the sweating but the odor that "radeated" from my pits!
My sister use to call me"skunk wings". I laughed and continued to try anything for relief.
Here are a few: baking soda, Mitchum, dial soap, vinegar, salt-rock, Epsom salts, wearing socks under my pits!
So, after 5years, I visited a dermatologist and she recommend Certain Dri. Stateing to "follow the directions exactly for the first time."
I did and it is still working, for me.
Everybody's chemicals are different. Make sure your pits are completely dry before you apply!!!
Now, I usually don't reapply, until almost a week later.

I still wash and dry completely after a shower.

This a "Miracle" for me.
Wal-mart offers the lowest price, here in Dothan.Al.

Have a blessed life.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 6:41:00 AM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I mainly use this in the summer or hot autumn days ;-) and it works wonders for me. I'm not sure about the '72' hrs, but it does work for me for close to 2 days. I just apply spray deodorant (non anti-perspirant) in the mornings for a 'fresh' scent. As far as stopping sweat, this is my HG. Secret's Clinical Strength didn't do much for me. (I am also fortunate not to have experienced any burning or irritation)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2007 1:54:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OUCH! I would love to use this (my boyfriend does) but it stings my underarms terribly, and I don't even use it after shaving. I saw a dermatologist for excessive sweating a few years back, and Drysol (prescription) did the same thing to me-- I couldn't sleep because of the intense burning-- it made me cry, even. Secret clinical doesn't burn and it works okay...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by christinejonat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I discovered this stuff when I was in my early 20's and only wish I had found it sooner. I used to sweat so bad. I'd be sitting in a 72 degree air conditioned room, at my desk just typing & my armpit sweat would be all the way past my boobs on my sides. Soo gross! I'd have to wear loose cardigans and take spares to change them out as the sweat soaked through my shirts & cardigans. It severely limited my wardrobe etc etc.

So This stuff burns and hurts and makes it all itch and red even if I wait 24 hrs before showering. I follow the directions & put in on before bed. It is so worth the burning. It also left me with red bumps and a rash the first few months, but I kept using it less often because of how well it worked. I no longer have sweat running down everywhere! I only wish i found this when I was in high school & college!

I remember how great that first day felt with no sweat, being confident to lift my arm and not worry, it was the best thing ever!

I have to restrain myself from clearing ot the store if I see it. I'm so afraid they will discontinue it. I would ruin my life if they did!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 3:12:00 PM More reviews by starberr1e

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

THIS PRODUCT IS A LIFESAVER!!!!!!
I'm so glad I'm one of the people who has found this product to work for them!!! I have had embarrassing sweat problems since I was 11 or 12 and I've ruined countless numbers of tee shirts, sweaters, and tank tops because I just couldn't get the armpit smell and yellow stains out of them...I had to "layer" my shirts constantly to try and hide the soaking wet pit-stains to almost no avail.

Fast forward to me, AFTER having discovered this gem... I wait after my bath at night for my underarms to dry completely, put 2-5 strokes under each arm (DON'T USE it right after shaving, that's just asking for pain & suffering), let it dry (MAKE SURE IT IS DRY BEFORE YOU DRESS as it WILL discolor your clothing or sheets), then go to bed, and in the morning I don't sweat one drop!! I started out applying every night, then about a month later it was every other night, and now I only have to use this about once or twice a week. One application for me literally lasts me 2-3 days! I can find it at CVS, Rite-Aid-type places for about $6, and I've recently tried the generic Rite-Aid brand version of this stuff for half the price, and it works just as well. BOTH are worth it if you're a sweaty beast like me!

For those out there who, like me, have put up with excessive sweating for years and have gone through every single type of antiperspirant out there, this stuff can seriously be life-changing. And if I have to sting or burn a little to get life-changing results, so be it. For people who haven't endured my level of embarrassment maybe the slight burn at the beginning is too much to bear, but for me it's not any worse than getting my lip or eyebrow waxed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by tropicalebabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product!! I read reviews some time ago and finally bought it yesterday. Last night I applied it like instructed, but it seemed like not much got on there...anyways it did not burn or itch or anything for me, it was perfectly fine, and today for the whole day it worked and I did not sweat at all! I am very pleased with this product and I would definetly buy it again!