April 16, 2014 | 2159 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ljm1950

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for 8yrs.
I read many of the other reviews and many are correct.
No just the sweating but the odor that "radeated" from my pits!
My sister use to call me"skunk wings". I laughed and continued to try anything for relief.
Here are a few: baking soda, Mitchum, dial soap, vinegar, salt-rock, Epsom salts, wearing socks under my pits!
So, after 5years, I visited a dermatologist and she recommend Certain Dri. Stateing to "follow the directions exactly for the first time."
I did and it is still working, for me.
Everybody's chemicals are different. Make sure your pits are completely dry before you apply!!!
Now, I usually don't reapply, until almost a week later.

I still wash and dry completely after a shower.

This a "Miracle" for me.
Wal-mart offers the lowest price, here in Dothan.Al.

Have a blessed life.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 6:41:00 AM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I mainly use this in the summer or hot autumn days ;-) and it works wonders for me. I'm not sure about the '72' hrs, but it does work for me for close to 2 days. I just apply spray deodorant (non anti-perspirant) in the mornings for a 'fresh' scent. As far as stopping sweat, this is my HG. Secret's Clinical Strength didn't do much for me. (I am also fortunate not to have experienced any burning or irritation)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2007 1:54:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OUCH! I would love to use this (my boyfriend does) but it stings my underarms terribly, and I don't even use it after shaving. I saw a dermatologist for excessive sweating a few years back, and Drysol (prescription) did the same thing to me-- I couldn't sleep because of the intense burning-- it made me cry, even. Secret clinical doesn't burn and it works okay...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by christinejonat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I discovered this stuff when I was in my early 20's and only wish I had found it sooner. I used to sweat so bad. I'd be sitting in a 72 degree air conditioned room, at my desk just typing & my armpit sweat would be all the way past my boobs on my sides. Soo gross! I'd have to wear loose cardigans and take spares to change them out as the sweat soaked through my shirts & cardigans. It severely limited my wardrobe etc etc.

So This stuff burns and hurts and makes it all itch and red even if I wait 24 hrs before showering. I follow the directions & put in on before bed. It is so worth the burning. It also left me with red bumps and a rash the first few months, but I kept using it less often because of how well it worked. I no longer have sweat running down everywhere! I only wish i found this when I was in high school & college!

I remember how great that first day felt with no sweat, being confident to lift my arm and not worry, it was the best thing ever!

I have to restrain myself from clearing ot the store if I see it. I'm so afraid they will discontinue it. I would ruin my life if they did!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 3:12:00 PM More reviews by starberr1e

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

THIS PRODUCT IS A LIFESAVER!!!!!!
I'm so glad I'm one of the people who has found this product to work for them!!! I have had embarrassing sweat problems since I was 11 or 12 and I've ruined countless numbers of tee shirts, sweaters, and tank tops because I just couldn't get the armpit smell and yellow stains out of them...I had to "layer" my shirts constantly to try and hide the soaking wet pit-stains to almost no avail.

Fast forward to me, AFTER having discovered this gem... I wait after my bath at night for my underarms to dry completely, put 2-5 strokes under each arm (DON'T USE it right after shaving, that's just asking for pain & suffering), let it dry (MAKE SURE IT IS DRY BEFORE YOU DRESS as it WILL discolor your clothing or sheets), then go to bed, and in the morning I don't sweat one drop!! I started out applying every night, then about a month later it was every other night, and now I only have to use this about once or twice a week. One application for me literally lasts me 2-3 days! I can find it at CVS, Rite-Aid-type places for about $6, and I've recently tried the generic Rite-Aid brand version of this stuff for half the price, and it works just as well. BOTH are worth it if you're a sweaty beast like me!

For those out there who, like me, have put up with excessive sweating for years and have gone through every single type of antiperspirant out there, this stuff can seriously be life-changing. And if I have to sting or burn a little to get life-changing results, so be it. For people who haven't endured my level of embarrassment maybe the slight burn at the beginning is too much to bear, but for me it's not any worse than getting my lip or eyebrow waxed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by tropicalebabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product!! I read reviews some time ago and finally bought it yesterday. Last night I applied it like instructed, but it seemed like not much got on there...anyways it did not burn or itch or anything for me, it was perfectly fine, and today for the whole day it worked and I did not sweat at all! I am very pleased with this product and I would definetly buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by cloudlessblu1108

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Certain dri works really well. You apply it at night and when you wake up, your underarms don't perspire for "72 hours" or so it claims. I found it only works for me for about 24 hours. Good enough! But if you put too much of it on, your armpits will burn.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 11:47:00 PM More reviews by butterflyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works GREAT but itches so bad! I will continue purchasing. I can use it on Friday night and am good to go the whole weekend with no odor or wetness.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by kandrastek

I have been using this product off and on for about 5 years. Ever since high school I've had problems with excessive underarm sweating, and I read about this product in a magazine and decided to try it. It works extremely well for me. I use it at night and only use about 2 strokes under each arm, because this can itch if you use too much. It is a liquid roll-on, so also if you use too much, it can run. If it does cause you to itch, I've discovered that if you wait a few minutes for it to start to dry, and then put regular deoderant on top of this, the itching goes away- not sure why, but it works for me. You really do only need to use this at night. I still use regular deoderant/antipersperant during the day, even though I really wouldn't have to because this product works so well for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by joody

For those of you who used certain dri, and doesnt work, u guys should try drysol! its a lot stronger, otc product. one treatment lasts for weeks, its a bit pricier though but works wonders, i luv it!