Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel Kit

4.2

Ingredients: Microdermabrasion Treatment with Derma-Crystals (Net wt 2.2oz/64g): Peg-8, Sodium Bicarbonate, Silica Silylate, Polysorbate 20, Niacinamide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Fragrance, Yellow 5, Red 40 Peel Activator Serum (2fl ox/59mL): Water, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA 5/30/09

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's doing a nice job so far. This is my second drug-store micro-derm kit. I had been using the Neutrogena kit which is also quite good and no messier, in the end, than the Olay. I have to say this product reminds me of Fresh Sugar Scrub in the feel and effect of it. Fresh's scrub may have slightly finer particles than the Olay but the effect is almost identical. It's roughtly half the price of the Fresh product. I have used it 2x a week for about 3 weeks now and my skin is getting compliments.

Ugh, I have little desire to keep using this because I always get a couple of big honking zits a day or two after I use it. Have to admit, it feels really good when I use it, it's gentle as far as scrubs go, the warming part of it is neat, but it just doesn't seem to agree with my skin. Another YMMV product!

I have used this for about two weeks and while it does give you a nice "glow" immeadiately afterward I haven't noticed any cumulative effects. I notice a much greater effect from my glycolic peel from 30%glycolic.com

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I had wanted this item for a while, but kept hesitating to buy it. Finally, I took the plunge.

I've used this twice now, and I've gotta say, I'm impressed. It doesn't irritate my skin, leaves it satin-smooth, and other people have been commenting on my skin looking better than normal, even though I don't see a huge difference.

I paid about $24 for the system at Walmart, and it looks like I have quite a few uses left. I would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily, sensitive skin and this product was just too harsh for me. The scrub was grittier than I would have liked, but it smelled nice. When I put the peel on, my face immediately started to burn. I washed it off right away, but already my face was tomato red and painfully irritated. Not a good product for me but I gave it two lippies because it smells nice and the scrub part alone is not too bad.

I'm about done with the activator serum, so I thought this would be a good time to post this review. i have acne prone, oily skin (though it hasn't always been this way). this product didn't aggravate my acne, but I don't feel that it is much more than a glorified facial scrub. The two-step process is a bit cumbersome, and when I'm tired at night, it's not my favorite thing to do. I don't feel that I gained anything from this kit that I wouldn't have had otherwise using a simple facial scrub. (for the same scrubby feel, with less mess and probably less money, I like MAC microfine refinisher.)

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a very high quality product that is less drying than other glycolic acid products I have used, but the two step system is very messy and it is an intense exfoliation that causes my skin to be a little sensitive for a couple of days afterwards. I recommend both this and the Olay Thermal Skin Polisher generally speaking, but I prefer the Thermal Skin Polisher because it's a bit more gentle and isn't so messy. If you don't know which one to get, I say try both and see which one you like better.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

EDIT: To the reviewer below who said she uses this every other day despite the product warning that you should use no more than 2x per week, you are damaging your skin!! There is a reason why those guidelines are in place. Too frequent exfoliation is NOT a good thing, regardless of your skin sensitivity. If it were healthy to use it more than 2x per week, the company would not have set that restriction!

Holy Grail! This stuff rocks!! My skin is amazingly soft for days after using this kit, not just a day or less like most masks. I love that it only takes 2 minutes too! No more 20 minute masks to scare my dogs! :) I use once a week. Those with moderate to high sensitive skin should avoid. My sister couldn't get past the crystals step because it was too intense for her, but she used the crystals alone anyway and at least liked that part. The fact that I don't have to spend $50+ for a kit of this quality is the best part. Thanks Olay!

This makes my skin so soft. I just love this product. Holy Grail!

I wanted to like this kit...However, now my skin is oily after using it 2x a week for a period of 4 weeks.