August 20, 2014 | 2148 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 8:05:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

PROS: (1) perfect packaging! I love pump bottles, and to have the product in this nice misted glass bottle makers it look smart and attractive. (2) Great color match for my warm beige skin tone. (3) Exceptional medium-full coverage.

CONS: (1) everything else- it is difficult to blend (2) looks cakey on my combination skin (3) fades and looks patchy by the end of the day. (4) Irritated my sensitive skin.

I really wanted to like this; it seemed so promising when I tried it out in the department store. However when I took it home, it all just went downhill. I toyed with it for a week, but no application technique would give me that perfect smooth finish I was looking for.

Overall, if you already have near perfect, or simply, normal skin (not too oily, not too dry) this foundation is likely a promising product to pursue. Otherwise, it does nothing for dry patches/fine lines/minor acne scars/etc.
    Happy Shopping

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the HOLY GRAIL of foundations. I have found it. Back in junior high, I used to have pretty good skin until like many teens I got acne. I used to used drugstore products like Maybelline, L'Oreal, and Covergirl, but I NEVER could find a perfect color match or a formula that would last all day since I get oily in my T-zone. So I begged my mom to let me splurge on a department store foundation. In 10th grade, I bought my first bottle of this and haven't looked back. It looks absolutely flawless and really does last as long as it says. I strayed last year for Bare Minerals, but the coverage does not compare. The pump bottle is really nice, too. It is hygienic and gives the perfect amount. One bottle will last you a little over a year. It is expensive at $38, but it is worth it. This is the one thing I know I can count on.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by alana4321

This is definitely one of the better foundations out there, but it took me about a week to figure that out. I decided to try this because I already have Photogenic, which is also a great foundation, but it doesn’t have the best staying power. I’d heard that Teint Idole had good staying power, which is very important because nobody wants to look like a cakey mess by the end of the night. Also, it is advertised as "comfortable," which led me to assume that it wouldn't be too thick or full coverage - I don't like to look like I'm wearing a mask. Well...the first thing I notice when I try it on at home is that it makes me look like I'm wearing a mask! On top of that, it accentuated any dry spots on my face (combination skin).

Fast forward to today...I decide to give it another chance and it looks really good! I've been using a great moisturizer for about a week and it's really improved my skin texture (no dry patches). Also, unlike last time, I put MAC primer on beforehand and I think it reduced how thickly it applied. It looks like a balance between "airbrushed" and natural.

I'm still going to use Photogenic during the week because it takes less time to apply (it's very smooth, almost foolproof to apply) and I don't have much time to get ready for work/class, but I will be using Teint Idole for going out!

Summary:

- You must use a moisturizer beforehand if you have combination skin/dry patches!

- A primer is also recommended to keep it looking natural

*** I am NC15 (neutral leaning to warm toned) and I use Buff 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Frogilina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best foundation I've ever worn and trust me, I've just about tried them all. I apply this to one section of my face at a time with my fingers and then go over it lightly with a sponge or brush. It smooths on beautifully and gives natural looking coverage that stays fresh all day. Even after re-applying powder over this it never gets that gross cakey look. I highly recommend you try this foundation and if you don't get awesome results, consider changing the products you're applying underneath it. I've repurchased this several times as it is a definite keeper for me, no matter what the weather or hormones bring my way!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by eponine121

Like this alot, have been using a sample of it, and so far so good. I have been using estee lauder double wear for years, as this is the only foundation i had found that did not cause me breakouts, but i find double wear quite drying and mask-like so have been looking for a new foundation.
    This has not caused me breakouts, does stay put and is easy to apply, goes on smooth. It is lighter than double wear, but can be built up if you wanted a slightly fuller coverage on any part of the face. Also doesn't have the same drying effect double wear has.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this after returning MUFE Face & Body Foundation. Stopped that stuff before it turned a new pimple into a full scale breakout, also didn't cover my acne scars.

I decided to try Lancome since their Effacernes concealer is my godsend (both formula and color match). I figured Lancome would have much better shades for my very neutral/slightly cool beige/olive complexion.

After a very nice SA at Sephora applied a few colors to my face, I decided on Bisque 2 (Cool). And I was right. The color was beautiful and much more suited to my skin than MUFE (and I should have known better since I had a disaster with them before with their Lift concealer, see my review for that).

Applied with my MAC 187, absolutely flawless. Much better coverage than the foundation that is marketed towards both face & body.

Lancome is my favorite brand. Will update if anything bad comes about due to this makeup.

EDIT: As expected, things have been going great. Lancome truly is my HG face makeup brand.

2ND EDIT: Ok wow, I stopped using this. I have been noticing some EXTREME cakiness on my t-zone upon application, even when using a tiny bit of product. After trying different primers and such, I figured it's the foundation doing the damage! I am starting Diorskin with SPF 10 and I am so excited to see how this one works out.
    So minus 2 lippies for the cakiness. Also during the day once my skin starts getting oily in the t-zone, it looks VERY cakey (even more so (probably 2 times worse)).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by icysugarplumprincess

Well, after trying the Photogenic Lumessence with no luck, I tried this one with not that high of expectations. At first I would have rated this a 4, but today I applied it with Clinique City stick underneath as a concealer...WOW! My skin has been under seige from a terrible breakout caused in part by Max Factor Lasting Performance, but my skin looks creamy and dreamy for the most part even though it looks awful without makeup. There seems to be something to the combination of the creamier City Stick with the drier Teint Idole ULTRA on top. I have NC 20-25ish skintone, and I am using Buff 4(C) and vanilla in the City Stick. As long as this keeps my skin from breaking out, I am in love! It even makes my skin feel soooo soft.
    UPDATE: This really didn't have a lot of staying power for me. After a few hours, I looked so tired. I started to get annoyed with the consistency as well. I'm trying the Merle Norman Mineral makeup now, and it's staying a lot better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by kj1379

I really wanted to like this foundation. I currently use Bare Escentuals and agree with other users of it that it accentuates my pores, wrinkles and makes me look oily. BUT, this foundation went right into pores making them look soooo obvious, the coverage was not long lasting at all, and the color the sales rep picked for me made look so pale and sickly. I hate to say this, but back to BE I go. And back to the store Lancome goes. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by tarneybarney

I am currently using this product and satisfied with it. Although, I do prefer to not feel the need to wear foundation.

Application: I make sure my dry spots are moisturised. I've tried applying this with a foundation brush but I found that I just ended up applying more than necessary. Maybe I just haven't mastered the brush but maybe I won't need to cause I simply apply it with clean fingers. This allows me to blend freely. Everything is blended in a downward motion.

Colour: I'm using 03 Beige Diaphane. Thankfully I do not need to completely cover my face with the foundation all the time as the colour matches my skin tone.

Coverage: The foundation can be layered if necessary. Usually I just cover up my spots and scars (as though it's a concealer) but if I need to, I'd apply a thin layer all over. It provides medium-full coverage that lasts all day.

Finish: It has between a matte and dewy finish. Once it sets, it looks very natural. It doesn't transfer onto clothes - very resistant. I guess I could say waterproof too? I can splash water onto my face without the foundation coming off (so I'd have to cleanse to remove). Whether I wear it all day or all night, or even all day AND all night.. I do not need to retouch (considering the weather isn't harsh). All I need to do when I go to the ladies' room is use facial blotting tissues as my skin gets shiny.

It doesn't cause my skin to look cakey and it doesn't cause me to breakout. However, if I do not remove excess oil from my skin, I am likely to have blackheads on my nose the next day. The foundation is oil-free, it's just my skin type that produces the oil and shine.

I was scared to try liquid foundation because I've always thought of it as just going overboard with the make up - too much. But I've grown to love it. Powders make me look like a powder-face and doesn't last. And foundation sticks were just too thick for me. I've tried other liquid foundations but they either didn't match my skin tone or transferred onto my clothes. I've always wanted to try new things like the Dior Skin Air Flash Spray Foundation and Bare Ecsentials ID Bare Minerals but I'm just too scared to and don't exactly need to because Lancome Teint Idole ULTRA provides me with everything I need.

It is worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by bff

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: i ditched this for chanel vitalumiere aqua.

the best thing about this foundation is that it doesn't break me out (nearly all found does). i have combo skin, and this is a little too drying if i use it on its own so i mix in a dot of moisturizer and its perfect.

i also find that i can't apply this w/a brush or it looks flakey and dry so i started applying w/my fingers and really pressing it in/warming it up. it looks much better now.

i feel it does stay on all day, and gives medium coverage.