NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

on 1/12/2011 12:23:00 AM

oh i love this product! and i love nyx cosmetics! first, i like the packaging, looks expensive. :) I used this as a eyeshadow base,its creamy,blendable,matte, and i think my eyeshadow make up lasts long when using this as a base,also i used this as a eye brightener. So why would u buy an expensive pencil shadow, when this product does it all. its cheap and high quality! I will repurchase this again! :-)

on 1/9/2011 9:18:00 PM

I am in love with this. I use this for everything and it hasn't failed me yet. It works great as an eyeshadow base, highlight (brow/tear duct) and even under my eyes to brighten them up. I personally don't like jumbo pencils because you have to buy another sharpener and I feel you lose a decent amount of product when sharpened, but that's just me.

on 1/7/2011 1:22:00 PM

Thanks to the reviewer who first suggested using this "Milk" jumbo eye pencil as a shadow base! I often use products to do double-duty stuff (clear mascara for brow setting, etc.) but I probably would never have tried a white-ish shade on my lids as a base, thinking it would come off to harsh (tho its not a stark-white shade) But this works great for me as an eyeshadow base (better than NYX's own flesh-toned cream base which I didn't like). I draw about 3 lines from brow to lashline and smooth it over my lid with my ring-finger, then I apply shadow and it just glides on and lasts all day!

I also have NYX's Dark Brown #602 eye pencil which I use under my lashline.

These pencils glide on and are affordable at only about $5.00 (Ulta). (Don't put the plastic cap back on the pencil too hard because the cap cracks very easily.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is my go to product when I want to do a colorful eyeshadow look. It is a very matte white cream shadow that is very creamy in texture and also easy to blend. A little of this goes a long way, so I would advise only using like a dot or two for your whole eye. What I really like about this is that it makes colors pop, especially colors that normally wouldn't appear on my lid otherwise(i.e. yellow, since I have heavy yellow undertones to my skin). What I don't like is that this stuff can and will crease, but I can usually combat that by putting primer on first then using the pencil. This is a great product and the price for this is just right.

i never really find myself reaching for this products because of the fact that i never really find myself wanting my eyeshadow to look more vibrant, this is most likely because of the fact that I rarely, if ever, wear vibrant rainbow colors; now i am not saying that you have to wear such colors to use this product, but i don't find using this a necessary step in my everyday neutrals; so if you feel that that is something that you'd like for intensifying your eyeshadow its a pretty good product assuming you'd be wearing a primer underneath, even though i don't find myself using this product that doesn't mean i should give it less lippies because it's still a great product never the less but for that same reason i wouldn't run out to repurchase it because of the lack of use :) i guess it's all personal use/ preference

on 1/6/2011 2:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I figured I'd buy into all the hype and purchase Milk from my local Ulta. And I'm so glad I did! Not only is this a fantastic highlighter, but it works for me as an eyeshadow base. And that's saying something because my eyelids are very oily! It's not chalky on me at all, and I love how versatile it can be!

on 12/30/2010 5:02:00 AM

This eyeshadow is soooo pigmented! It works for me for an eyeshadow base (for my tear duct & for highlight). It's so creamy. But the only complain i have is just the packaging! It's hard to find the sharpener. I have to buy the sharpener from NYX again, it costs money for unimportant tool :(

on 12/29/2010 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This product was ok.. But again, like the Strawberry Milk, it may just be the wrong color for my complexion.. Or I may have been using too much because it appeared very chalky on my skin. I've seen other people use it and it looks lovely.. So the problem may have been my application or just me. I'd be willing to try it again in the future.. But for now, I have the "cottage cheese" pencil and I really like it. It's more sheer.

on 12/19/2010 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Ok. So I've had Milk for about 2 mos and didn't like it. As a dark skinned AA, I needed something to make my shadow pop. I have UDPP but I needed something more. Milk made my shadows look chalky so I ordered Gold and Coffee Bean. Loved how they made different colors just POP! So I tried Milk again. Whaaaaat! Apparently I had to use lightly and build up. I put on a blue and purple eye using the patting method. GORGEOUS! So this is a must! I am a product junkie so anytime I can find a great product for cheap, I am a happy pj! Milk is a must!

on 12/16/2010 11:39:00 PM

I was looking for a soft white eyeliner for my waterline - and I got all that and so much more with NYX's milk! First, it's buttery soft and easy to apply. The color is bright white and very blendable. It works on the waterline, or as a base for eye shadow. It's great for light-skinned complexions because it helps the eyeshadows really POP and stay all day. Some people here complain of creasing, but I haven't had any problems with creasing when I use this as a base (I just put a thick swipe on my lashline and little swipe under my browbone and blend it onto the entire lid, so it's not too thick).

Overall, I am new to NYX and I am LOVING their products; they are super affordable and high quality. I don't have an Ulta near my house, so I buy them off of Ebay where they are super cheap and shipping is fast. Highly recommended!

Popular Eye Shadows