NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

on 1/12/2011 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is just as amazing as everyone says! This is my most used jumbo eyeshadow pencil.

on 1/12/2011 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

omg ! im a believer! i convert my thoughts that these arent necessary or over hyped, prob aint that great, um YEA RIGHT! these are incredible! i got black bean in a swap on youtube w/ a friend and i feel in love, ive always would go 2 cherryculture.com and put them in my cart & change my mind, well now im so glad i finally ordered 3 more: milk, iced mocha & french fries! i love milk!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~
The NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils can be found in some Ulta stores as well as various retail stores. I can find them online on the NYX website as well as CherryCulture, Hautelook, Drugstore.com & few other places. I purchased mine from Cherryculture during the annual NYX 50% off sale (this is the best time to try their products) So wait for a good sale & pick up a few. The price will vary depending on where you purchase yours. I bought mine for around $3 which isnt so bad. They are typically around $3-4. Thats why i kept waiting bc w/ shipping it seemed like it was too much but i think these are def worth a few dollars esp since they last for awhile!!! & Milk is def a must have.
~~~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~
The NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils are a thick cream shadow pencil. MILK is a great flat matte opaque white. This can be placed on the eyes by gliding over the lid w/ the pencil or w/ your finger or brush. The pencil is on the chubby side which may be difficult for some to apply in precise/small areas- a brush will help with that. Milk is a must have in my opinion for everyone to try. This is a nice base for any eyeshadow. Milk is less creamy than my other JPs so it will take a little bit of blending out to provide a nice thin & even base. I suggests using a primer first then your jumbo pencil. Milk is a nice white than can be sheered out a bit to be less harsh or built up a little a more opaque look. Milk allows your powder shadows to have something to grab onto & allows the color to show up more pigmented. I love this for my drugstore shadows that tend to be less pigmented. With Milk- my shadows show up great! More pigmentation. I do not have oily lids so i cant say i experience much creasing. I think priming & using THIN layers will help. I also suggests using a brush to apply any cream to the eye if you have more oily lids since the oils in your fingers may also work against you. I def didnt think Milk would make any more of a difference than my other cream bases but it does. It helps to even out any discoloration & provide a nice white base for my shadows to go on. Like a white paper to draw on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils come in a thick chubby plastic like pencil. This pencil will need to be sharpened which makes it a tad difficult since they dont fit in the standard sharpener. NYX does sell one for these pencils but i found LA Colors (at my Family Dollar) sells one for their jumbo pencils that these fit in as well. You will loose a little bit of the cream product while sharpening so if you dont like that, you may want to look up youtube videos on how to depot these, which is pretty easy. I havent had to depot mine yet- i like the convenience of a pencil so i dont want to depot mine unless i have to. All the JPs are white w/ black writing & labeling information. The shade name is located on the front bottom. The lid is see thru & slides on to keep pencil safe. I do think w/ alot of rough handling, the lid may crack or break so just be careful. I do like the pencil form & these pencils are sturdy. Maybe if they were a tad bit easier to sharpen, id def love it more but im not going to knock any points off bc some people dont have problems sharpening or depotting theirs.
Overall, the NYX Jumbo Pencils are great cream pencils. I love MILK & def think everyone should give it a try. Esp if you are like me that use drugstore shadows- this will help them be more pigmented & may even stay longer than usual!! I love MILK and def will repurchase bc nothing i own does it like Milk does!

on 1/12/2011 12:23:00 AM

oh i love this product! and i love nyx cosmetics! first, i like the packaging, looks expensive. :) I used this as a eyeshadow base,its creamy,blendable,matte, and i think my eyeshadow make up lasts long when using this as a base,also i used this as a eye brightener. So why would u buy an expensive pencil shadow, when this product does it all. its cheap and high quality! I will repurchase this again! :-)

on 1/9/2011 9:18:00 PM

I am in love with this. I use this for everything and it hasn't failed me yet. It works great as an eyeshadow base, highlight (brow/tear duct) and even under my eyes to brighten them up. I personally don't like jumbo pencils because you have to buy another sharpener and I feel you lose a decent amount of product when sharpened, but that's just me.

on 1/7/2011 1:22:00 PM

Thanks to the reviewer who first suggested using this "Milk" jumbo eye pencil as a shadow base! I often use products to do double-duty stuff (clear mascara for brow setting, etc.) but I probably would never have tried a white-ish shade on my lids as a base, thinking it would come off to harsh (tho its not a stark-white shade) But this works great for me as an eyeshadow base (better than NYX's own flesh-toned cream base which I didn't like). I draw about 3 lines from brow to lashline and smooth it over my lid with my ring-finger, then I apply shadow and it just glides on and lasts all day!

I also have NYX's Dark Brown #602 eye pencil which I use under my lashline.

These pencils glide on and are affordable at only about $5.00 (Ulta). (Don't put the plastic cap back on the pencil too hard because the cap cracks very easily.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is my go to product when I want to do a colorful eyeshadow look. It is a very matte white cream shadow that is very creamy in texture and also easy to blend. A little of this goes a long way, so I would advise only using like a dot or two for your whole eye. What I really like about this is that it makes colors pop, especially colors that normally wouldn't appear on my lid otherwise(i.e. yellow, since I have heavy yellow undertones to my skin). What I don't like is that this stuff can and will crease, but I can usually combat that by putting primer on first then using the pencil. This is a great product and the price for this is just right.

i never really find myself reaching for this products because of the fact that i never really find myself wanting my eyeshadow to look more vibrant, this is most likely because of the fact that I rarely, if ever, wear vibrant rainbow colors; now i am not saying that you have to wear such colors to use this product, but i don't find using this a necessary step in my everyday neutrals; so if you feel that that is something that you'd like for intensifying your eyeshadow its a pretty good product assuming you'd be wearing a primer underneath, even though i don't find myself using this product that doesn't mean i should give it less lippies because it's still a great product never the less but for that same reason i wouldn't run out to repurchase it because of the lack of use :) i guess it's all personal use/ preference

on 1/6/2011 2:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I figured I'd buy into all the hype and purchase Milk from my local Ulta. And I'm so glad I did! Not only is this a fantastic highlighter, but it works for me as an eyeshadow base. And that's saying something because my eyelids are very oily! It's not chalky on me at all, and I love how versatile it can be!

on 12/30/2010 5:02:00 AM

This eyeshadow is soooo pigmented! It works for me for an eyeshadow base (for my tear duct & for highlight). It's so creamy. But the only complain i have is just the packaging! It's hard to find the sharpener. I have to buy the sharpener from NYX again, it costs money for unimportant tool :(

on 12/29/2010 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This product was ok.. But again, like the Strawberry Milk, it may just be the wrong color for my complexion.. Or I may have been using too much because it appeared very chalky on my skin. I've seen other people use it and it looks lovely.. So the problem may have been my application or just me. I'd be willing to try it again in the future.. But for now, I have the "cottage cheese" pencil and I really like it. It's more sheer.