NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

The NYX Milk Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil is a great addition to my makeup collection. I cannot seem to use it simply as a primer, as it can crease. I layer a primer underneath, apply the Milk shadow, and then build my eyeshadow look over it. It's really worth it, as it adds significant vibrancy to many of my shadows, yet sometimes the shadows don't cling for hours.

For example, I layered MAC Humid (green lid) and Shadowy Lady (purple crease) -- I was going for my own Peacocky look, over the NYX Milk. I had to reapply the Humid ever hour or so for it to remain vibrant, it constantly faded. Humid is a color that gets great pigmentation and long lasting stay reviews, so I am not entirely sure why it wont cling to NYX Milk.

However, I also used the Wet n' Wild Silent Treatment look over NYX Milk, and it stayed all day. So I think you just have to play around to see what works well with it.

NYX Milk is thick and almost too creamy -- so I find that after I apply it, I need to smooth it out with the heat of my fingers. You really have to blend it, and look into a magnifying mirror, or later on you'll find odd blotches that were obviously not blended. Also, it's a bit sticky and I found after my first use, a big glob got stuck in the plastic cap -- and then the cap broke. Ug.

This is the famous jumbo pencil. Milk is a very pigmented opaque white. It works really well as a base or as a brow bone or inner corner highlight. This product has to be used with an eyeshadow primer underneath or it will crease. You need a very thin layer of this product to get the effect that you want. The white color intensifies eyeshadows and really makes them pop. This is a great inexpensive product that I will definately repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like my Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. I use it as a base when I wear colorful eyeshadows to really make the color pop. They do a good job. I use my Ulta eye base underneath to prevent creasing. I think that without it your lids would just look like a mess because this is so creamy. I've only had to sharpen it once in a month, and it barely goes down when you sharpen it. You get a lot of product for $3.50. I'm very happy with my Jumbo Pencil. I think that they deserve the hype that they get.

This works great as a primer and brightens many shadow shades you put over top of it. It's a very creamy consistency though, so it might not work for those with oily lids.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

It helps eyeshadow go on brighter. the only thing is don't put too much or it will crease.

Incredible. I own 4 and intend to buy more! Milk is my favorite. Great base. Really catches hold of color and makes it stay. The price is amazing and the texture is great. It's a little creamy so don't get over zealous in the application or it may crease but it blends super easy and lasts. The price is incredible and I like these better than my Clinque or Mary Kay bases as well as better than my Mac paint pots. I will totally buy again. My only advice is not to put it in th waterline because though its creamy and easy to use there it doesn't stay very well. But its perfect under the brow or in the inner corner for highlight base.

very happy with this stuff. i use it under my eyeshadow to act as somewhat of a white canvas, ultra pigmentation, clumps when applying but easy to smooth it out, after that no clumpage! :D will buy again and again. great deal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is just as amazing as everyone says! This is my most used jumbo eyeshadow pencil.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

omg ! im a believer! i convert my thoughts that these arent necessary or over hyped, prob aint that great, um YEA RIGHT! these are incredible! i got black bean in a swap on youtube w/ a friend and i feel in love, ive always would go 2 cherryculture.com and put them in my cart & change my mind, well now im so glad i finally ordered 3 more: milk, iced mocha & french fries! i love milk!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~
The NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils can be found in some Ulta stores as well as various retail stores. I can find them online on the NYX website as well as CherryCulture, Hautelook, Drugstore.com & few other places. I purchased mine from Cherryculture during the annual NYX 50% off sale (this is the best time to try their products) So wait for a good sale & pick up a few. The price will vary depending on where you purchase yours. I bought mine for around $3 which isnt so bad. They are typically around $3-4. Thats why i kept waiting bc w/ shipping it seemed like it was too much but i think these are def worth a few dollars esp since they last for awhile!!! & Milk is def a must have.
~~~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~
The NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils are a thick cream shadow pencil. MILK is a great flat matte opaque white. This can be placed on the eyes by gliding over the lid w/ the pencil or w/ your finger or brush. The pencil is on the chubby side which may be difficult for some to apply in precise/small areas- a brush will help with that. Milk is a must have in my opinion for everyone to try. This is a nice base for any eyeshadow. Milk is less creamy than my other JPs so it will take a little bit of blending out to provide a nice thin & even base. I suggests using a primer first then your jumbo pencil. Milk is a nice white than can be sheered out a bit to be less harsh or built up a little a more opaque look. Milk allows your powder shadows to have something to grab onto & allows the color to show up more pigmented. I love this for my drugstore shadows that tend to be less pigmented. With Milk- my shadows show up great! More pigmentation. I do not have oily lids so i cant say i experience much creasing. I think priming & using THIN layers will help. I also suggests using a brush to apply any cream to the eye if you have more oily lids since the oils in your fingers may also work against you. I def didnt think Milk would make any more of a difference than my other cream bases but it does. It helps to even out any discoloration & provide a nice white base for my shadows to go on. Like a white paper to draw on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils come in a thick chubby plastic like pencil. This pencil will need to be sharpened which makes it a tad difficult since they dont fit in the standard sharpener. NYX does sell one for these pencils but i found LA Colors (at my Family Dollar) sells one for their jumbo pencils that these fit in as well. You will loose a little bit of the cream product while sharpening so if you dont like that, you may want to look up youtube videos on how to depot these, which is pretty easy. I havent had to depot mine yet- i like the convenience of a pencil so i dont want to depot mine unless i have to. All the JPs are white w/ black writing & labeling information. The shade name is located on the front bottom. The lid is see thru & slides on to keep pencil safe. I do think w/ alot of rough handling, the lid may crack or break so just be careful. I do like the pencil form & these pencils are sturdy. Maybe if they were a tad bit easier to sharpen, id def love it more but im not going to knock any points off bc some people dont have problems sharpening or depotting theirs.
Overall, the NYX Jumbo Pencils are great cream pencils. I love MILK & def think everyone should give it a try. Esp if you are like me that use drugstore shadows- this will help them be more pigmented & may even stay longer than usual!! I love MILK and def will repurchase bc nothing i own does it like Milk does!

oh i love this product! and i love nyx cosmetics! first, i like the packaging, looks expensive. :) I used this as a eyeshadow base,its creamy,blendable,matte, and i think my eyeshadow make up lasts long when using this as a base,also i used this as a eye brightener. So why would u buy an expensive pencil shadow, when this product does it all. its cheap and high quality! I will repurchase this again! :-)