April 20, 2014 | 1302 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i use this when i do a lighter look with eye shadows.it neutralise the color of the skin and makes the eye shadows pop!nice base pencil.can be use as a highlighter too or under the eye brows.love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know why I waited so long to buy this thing. Now that I have it I feel like it's a must for matte and/or lighter pastel eyeshadows. It's the perfect base for shadows that need a little oomph. It makes the color much more vibrant. In my experience you still have to use an eyeshadow primer underneath this, though, or it will crease.

The texture of this pencil is simply superb. It's soft, creamy, heavily pigmented and so starkly white. It's really easy to just dab it on your lids and spread it around with a finger. I've also seen people line their waterline with this but I haven't tried it myself yet. This is a great product, all eyeshadow junkies need one. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by TRACYwashere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've heard tons about this product, I bought it on sale at ulta for pretty cheap. I put it on my eye & spread it thinly, then put on bright colored eye shadow. It really makes the colors look more vibrant and last longer! Also it doesn't really crease on me. I can't wait to try these in different colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is easily the best eye shadow base ever. It is a staple in my makeup bag! It is smooth and creamy and blends easily over my entire lid. I sharpen it with the NYX pencil sharpener and it stays perfect all the time!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by karca

I love using this product as a highlighter on my cheeks and brow bone. i actually repurchased this item lasted me quite sometime. It's an awesome product I LOVE NYX products!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by kellydoeshair

I ADORE this, it is my all time FAVORITE base for shadows! I got my sharpener from sallys so I didn't depot mine.. the only thing is you have to be careful to blend it out really well before applying powder shadows over top otherwise it CAN crease but that is really user error... and NOTHING gets my mineral shadows to stick as well as this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by evbenavides

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a base coat to make my eyeshadow colors pop. I have never used it alone. The only thing I dont like about this its so big. I have not been able to find a pencil sharpner that it fits. So I went on YT to find a way to depot it. Its $4 max so I def will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by KnightKat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I see why people are thinking this product would be great.I've tried jumbo pencil type eyeshadow/liners before over the years and have never really stuck with them.Always found something else that works better.Anyway..this one turned out very typical for me.I will end up using this on kids for Halloween time;-) it's just like grease stick paint you remember from those sets as a kid.If you are intending on using this to 'Pop' your eyeshadow..it will do that,for about 2 maybe 3 hours,if you don't sweat,let anyone touch near your face,or really do anything at all.Then yeah,with a light primer..this clownish white (mostly bee's wax) base will make your eyeshadow stick a little longer.Now if your going for that look,and you really want to use a 'white base' that will really stick,here's a secret = Maybelline cover stick in 'white',as with the jumbo pencil a touch goes a long way.The cover stick is harder to work with,more pan makeup type consistency.But that seems to be what a lot of folks are looking for.I also suggest light powdering of lids 'before' applying cover stick.I go this order: drop of drugstore foundation (NYC color),light powdering(hard candy-welcome matte),then Cover stick:Eyeshadow as wanted ....go wild girls. But yeah,the NYX jumbo Milk really wasn't anything special for me.I didn't expect much..so that's ok ;-)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by chickenetti

Works well as a base to bring out bright colors, but it will crease. You have to apply the thinnest layer possible- I basically "draw" on my finger then pat it thinly on my lid like a primer. The crayon is neat, but it doesn't twist up, so I don't know how I'm going to get to the rest of the product when the tip wears down.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 3:18:00 AM More reviews by fwilmore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was randomly reading reviews when I saw this product. When I read that people are using this to make bright shadows pop, I had to buy it at Ulta. You guys didn't let me down! It indeed makes my bright colors more vibrant. I only use it on the part of my lid that I wearing the bright color. However, I must warn (as others already have) that this product creases even with UDPP underneath. No matter how sheer of a coat I put on, it creases in the crease of my eyelid. I can usually smudge it a little with my finger to make the crease disappear, so it's not that big of a deal. I recommend watching Youtube videos about how to depot this because the pencil is a joke. The packaging and creasing is why I took off a lippie. This will last a long time for me and is so cheap that it's going to be one of my staples. I'm uploading a pic of me wearing Milk in my inner corner with MAC silver ring and Milani Storm in my outer V.