July 28, 2014 | 1706 users online

Lip Treatments - Too Faced - Lip Injection

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2005 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Wenders11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. Well, this definately works! I got a sample of it from Sephora and gave it a try. I've used other lip plumpers with varying success and I use Lipfusion almost daily, which works fine but doesn't blow me away.

So I put the Lip Injection on, and immediately noticed how smooth it was. I like the consistancy of it better than Lipfusion. At first I didn't notice a tingle and didn't think that it was going to do anything, and then suddenly it started to work! It didn't really hurt, but it was very tingly, I didn't mind the sensation. After a couple of minutes my lips were noticbly plumped, more than I've ever gotten from a lip plumper, and they were BRIGHT RED. I'm fair skinned and I never wear red lipstick so it looked a little wild to me! At that point my husband walked into the bathroom and did a double take! He could definately tell the difference. One thing I learned from my first try with this is that you have to be REALLY careful not to get it outside of your lip line. I was a little messy with it and I looked like a five year old that had been drinking red Kool-aid. The redness subsided after 15 minutes or so, but it didn't look so great while it lasted. My lips looked bigger for several hours after I used it. Once the redness subsided I put a regular colored gloss over the Lip Injection and my lips looked great!

The bottom line is that it DID plump my lips. This is the best lip plumper I've tried so far. If you can take the tingling, which I didn't think was bad, and the temporary redness, this is a great product. I've tried it a few more times and now that I've learned to apply it more carefully I really like it. You don't need to use very much of it. I've been using it out of a sample package and a few drops of it did the trick. I really liked this product and will probably purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2005 12:18:00 AM More reviews by TANS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry to say for all those who disagree but I think this lip gloss works pretty well! For some I can understand how the sting can be quite untolerable but I love the results! I like how the pout-iness subdues after a while but still keeps your lips pink and shiny!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2005 8:16:00 PM More reviews by bearbeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Girls, girls, girls, what are we thinking? Are luscious lips worth 7 minutes of some pretty intense burning? I'm going to have to put my foot down - this product is too painful for me. For you tough ones out there, I will say that this product does temporarily plump lips and brings out a nice flushed color in my lips. But beware, it will plump and flush ANY part of your body that it gets on - your hand, your face, you name it. Be sure to stay within your lip line, and to apply it evenly (my lips were a little lopsided one night when I put it on in a hurry).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2005 11:52:00 PM More reviews by ledonatella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A swapper sent me a mini of this as an extra and I love it so much I just bought the whole kit from Sephora. I don't have particuraly small lips, my tops a bit smaller than the bottem though so I thought I'd try it anyway. WOW! This made them alot plumper and because of all the blood rushing to my lips, they were a nice pinky shade (my lips have no color almost naturally) so it was like I didn't even need a gloss over them. This is very shiny and I do love how the gloss by itself looks. I made my 2 friends at work try it and they both loved it too! Than the one guy we work with said to us, "I don't don't what you used, but boy you guys all have nice lips". And he never notices anything, so that was good enough for us. And I happen to like the tingle on my lips, call me crazy, but it reminds me of the tingle you get from Big Red gum but on your lips instead of in your mouth!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2005 9:38:00 PM More reviews by brianx

This is the most intense, high-shine gloss I've ever experienced. That alone makes your lips look HUGE... and on top that, it has the added cayenne in it which makes your lips tingle like crazy and turn beet red! Lip Injection really does work, it plumps up the lips quite dramatically, but you must be careful not to get it anywhere on the skin around your mouth or those areas will turn red as well. Overall a good product. I'd buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2005 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well i have to say this does work, i've never seen my lips that way before, i loved they way they looked so much that now i want to have a real injection LOL. This burns like crazy, and the sad thing is that the plumping only last as long as it burns, which is like only like 1-2 minutes. So I would say since this doesn't last it would only be a good thing to use if ur getting your picture taken.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2005 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Buttercup89

I just bought the clear version of this today. A few seconds after I put this on and rub my lips together, they start to burn and it's a bit uncomfortable, but it doesn't last long. It makes my lips a pretty dark rose shade. I didn't notice too much of a difference in my lip size, but my sister said they looked "plumper" to her. Also, the shine lasts for a couple hours on my lips. Overall, I like it because of the long-lasting shine and the shade it turns my lips, plus slight plumping action, but I wouldn't buy it again because it's pretty expensive for a clear lip gloss.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2005 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Coccolina

This is the worst product I bought in a while. Yes, it definitely makes your lips fuller and plumper, but at the expense of stinging and burning that you have to bear for all the time you are wearing it. To say more, 10 minutes after I applied the Lip Injection I discovered that I developed redness all around my mouth! On the top of that, my poor lips were numb for hours, no matter how hard I was trying to wash off this product.
Bad, VERY BAD EXPERIENCE with Lip Injection :(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2005 2:00:00 PM More reviews by malibu_jenny

I like the effects of this, but I can't find the clear one anywhere and the coloured ones are just way too 'frosted' for me - I prefer high gloss shine. I've found my Lethal Glow Lip Venom does a better job and looks more natural but the jury is out until I find the clear Too Faced.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2005 8:20:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried DuWop Lip Venom, a Sally Hansen Lip Inflation and the colored versions of this gloss, but the plain clear is the best I've tried. If you're not ready for some stinging, don't bother with this, but it works where nothing else does. My lips are instantly red and plumped.