Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

Love it! Just got this... it came in a kit I bought this afternoon as a trial size and I also got a free regular-sized version with my purchase (talk about a deal!).

It took my eye makeup off fabulously (two types of eye shadow and mascara). It didn't irritate my eyes at all (I wear contacts), and rinsed right off with cool water (the bottle recommends this before applying makeup in particular). So glad I've discovered this gem! I absolutely hate removing eye makeup, so much so that I'm 29 and have hardly ever worn eye shadow plus mascara on a regular basis.

Thanks, Clinique! I'll be rocking out super-fabulous eyes daily now! :)

I refuse to use soap and water and when I can easily take my make up off without scrubbing.
I like Cinique's Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover because it takes off all traces of the makeup, however it does leave a slight oily residue. Which doesn't bother me too much considering how my eyes would feel if I had to scrub with soap and water. Seems like a good trade off to me!

The packaging sucks [when you first try to open it] but hey, it's a price to pay for getting all your makeup off, I suppose. I've been using this for about 1 year now and so far so good.

The Good:
1) Takes off all traces of eyeshadow in a few wipes
2) Good with waterproof mascara [I use Majolica Majorca and it's a &^%$# to remove]
3) Can help with removing false lashes [I'm not kidding, put it on a Q-tip and keep swiping at the glue, it will come off]

The Bad:
1) It's oily oily oily and even after blotting it off, you can't stick around for long after using this product, you NEED to wash it off cause it just feels so incredibly disgusting.
2) It separates back really quickly and you have to keep shaking the bottle.
3) When it gets into your eyes [and if you wear contacts], red eyed heaven here we come. It's really uncomfortable and it stings, sometimes.

So there, but it's really good so I'd keep getting it till I find another better alternative.

Whilst it removed most of my eye makeup, it leaves my eyes and lids red and irritated each time I've tried to use it, which is a shame, because normally I love Clinique products.

I guess my skin was just sensitive to something in it, but I won't be using this again - ever!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This removes eye makeup thoroughly and gently, but leaves an oily residue that's difficult in itself to remove. Overall I find this messy and full of too many undesirable ingredients to merit a repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Best eye makeup remover I have ever used. Every time I try another (cheaper) product, I come back to Take The Day Off. It's the only eye makeup remover I can use to get off stubborn waterproof mascaras and long lasting eye liners without irritating my skin and removing a lot of eye lashes.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

i really like this makeup remover. one soaked cotton ball does the job for both eyes (and this is after going out with eyeliner, mascara, and shadow) without irritating my eyes. no stinging or burning, and best of all--no removing my eyelashes in the process!! it does seem to leave an oily residue, but i wash my face after, so no biggie. would buy again for sure.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite eye make-up remover of all time. I think water-based removers are usually a waste of money because they don't really get into dissolving heavy eyeliner/mascara. In the past, I've tried oil based Neutrogena and Sephora brand eye make-up removers and I thought they were awfully greasy and stung my eyes. Clinique's gets the job done and is really gentle.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It removes mascara and eye make up well without irritation. The bottle is super cute. Seriously though you can find some 2 bucks that will do the same thing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My very sensitive skin/eyes and Clinique skincare products don't seem to agree but I got a small bottle of TTDO with a purchase so I decided to try it again for the first time in many years. I used it to take off my regular eye makeup: Lancome Hypnose (non-wp) mascara, Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes and Clinique eyeshadow. I saturated a cotton pad, hold on to my eyes for 15 seconds and wipe off, followed by a damp cotton pad. It managed to get off my makeup easily but it stung my eyes and left my skin red, dry and itchy. The next day my eyelids were still sore and red and I couldn't wear my contacts. Awful. I threw the bottle away and I will never use TTDO again. Funny because I'm fine with Lancome Bi-Facil for example. But my HG eye makeup remover is Klorane Wild Cornflower Eye Makeup Remover; it works as well and no stinging. If you have sensitive skin/eyes I would rec trying this remover instead!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

CVS Makeup Remover VS. Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover by BeautynLifewSue