Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

This was the first eye make-up remover I have used. It's great - removes all my eye make-up easily, you don't need to use much & it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all. It is very greasy, but that's how it works so well! I've been using gwps of these & am suprised at how long they last for - would definitely buy the full size, it would last forever. Reasonably priced, as they last forever.

on 8/5/2009 11:14:00 AM

I like this as well as any makeup remover that gets the job done. It takes it off when I need it to. I don't love the oiliness it leaves on my face but have seen no ill effects as a result insofar. I wish there was something more natural that did the trick but until then this will do.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this makeup remover. It is the only one that managed to remove my waterproof mascara without removing my eyelashes in the process and without having to rub like crazy.
I know it is a bit oily, but it comes in the label you ought to wash your eyes/lips after applying so, no big deal for me.
The only thing I do not like much is the packaging. It is somewhat difficult to open the bottle at the first time. It is also bad to take in trips cause it leaks a lot.

on 7/30/2009 9:56:00 AM

I really like this makeup remover, it takes everything off in just a couple swipes.

Here's how I use it: I wet a square of cotton w/it, wipe once to get everything off my eyelid. Then I press gently and hold to let it soak my lashes, wipe lashes gently, and the mascara is gone (and taking off mascara is my least favorite part of the face cleansing process, so the fact that this makes it easy is a big deal for me). And then I wipe my eyelid and lashes very gently with the dry side of the cotton pad.

Then I repeat with my undereye area and voila, all clean! No tugging necessary, no greasiness, and no burning or stinging.

on 7/30/2009 8:37:00 AM

This takes off my eye make up in one swipe. I've used others that smear my mascara and eyeliner everywhere instead of actually--removing it!
I never have to actually purchase it because I always get it in one of those "gift with purchase" specials. It's 1.7 oz and the one you can buy in the store is $8 for 1.69 oz so I think that's a pretty good deal.
Plus I really love the cap.

on 7/26/2009 8:34:00 PM

The one I have is a makeup remover for lids, lashes and lips. I purchased this at discounted price, and have used it for years. I do not put on make up regularly, and so this would suffice for me in general.
The one part I dislike about it is that when it gets into my eyes, I can barely see! Everything becomes a blur even after I washed my face and took a shower.
I like soaking it into a cotton pad and pressing it against my lids and lashes for about 10 seconds. It might be a better idea to use cotton swab for the lashes to clean the hard to rid residue, since the water-proof mascara only comes off easily with the cotton pad when I had it lightly applied, not when it's heavily applied, and the roots and creases is just way too much work for the cotton pad and irritation for my eyes.
I have tried Lancome's Bi-Facil sample; I didn't think they differ but it has been a while so I might have forgotten. As far as I can remember, I didn't have the blurry problem with Lancome's. The price, however, is much more.

on 7/26/2009 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

very effective oil-based eye make-up remover. people who wear a lot of eye make-up need an oil-based remover, SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR THE EYES! i can't stress this enough. some people use baby oil. baby oil will carry product into the back of your eyes your crazy people. for those of you who complain about the oiliness with this product, it says on the bottle you are meant to rinse off the excess oil. be careful if you have sensitive eyes. & don't rub to remove eye make-up. be soft. your eyes are precious. pour some product onto a cotton pad, & press it onto your closed eye for about 10 seconds. it will help to dissolve & loosen the make-up & make for easier removal. wipe downwards on the lashes, don't wipe across because you'll stretch your eyes. in regards to any excess make-up product under the eye, wipe it inwards to the corner of the eye, because this is where our eye drains. be patient. spend as much time taking off your make-up as you do putting it on. :) p.s. it's a lip make-up remover too. ;)

on 7/22/2009 6:56:00 PM

I started using this when I got a free gift and I just bought a full size. I know it says its for eyes and lips but I use it for my whole face. Im not going to gripe about the residue it leaves because for me, the only thing I want to put on my face that shouldnt be rinsed or washed off is my creams or treatments. That being said I use this on my entire face before washing it. Just tip the bottle once or twice on a cotton round and thats enough for my whole face so it will last a really long time and make it worth the money. I find that it helps my cleanser do its job better and that my face feels cleaner and smoother. Without it I have more clogged pores, even if I have washed with cleanser twice. Its similar to Mary Kay's makeup remover which I like too. I might try the take the day off cleansing balm, hopefully I will get a sample first though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After trying many makeup removers for waterproof liner, mascara and eyeshadow I finally found one that will take everything in one swipe. I've been using this for a week now and I no longer have to pull and rub my eyelids to get the makeup off. I gave it a 4 because its pricey for such little product and its really oily. For anyone with oily skin like myself, I highly recommend that you use this product then cleanse your face to make sure all the oily product is washed off. Its definitely worth the money if you wear a lot of waterproof products and have trouble removing them with drug store brand makeup remover,

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product would work very well for heavy makeup that needs a heavy duty makeup remover, but for someone like me who just wears mascara, it was too oily and I had to rinse my eye area afterwards to prevent my pores from clogging.