Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide (end)///// (ORIGINAL DEEP CLEANSING CREAM INGREDIENTS: 4/9/15): Water, Stearic Acid, Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Linseed), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Gelatin, Camphor, Phenol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Calcium Hydroxide, Menthol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance.

on 8/22/2009 10:19:00 AM

I am 24 years old and I JUST tried Noxzema. I remember many years ago, I was at the drugstore and I was considering buying it and I smelled it, and I thought, "hell no." Now a long time later, my skin is giving me a lot of problems so I thought I'd try this. I've used it for about a week and love it so far. It removes my makeup and it doesn't dry out my skin. I use a washcloth to remove it, and toner afterwards, and I don't have any residue on my skin. And yes it does have a strong smell when you smell it right out of the jar but you don't notice it as much on your face. I haven't gotten any more breakouts since I started using it.

Just FYI, this does NOT have lye in it. Lye is sodium hydroxide. Noxzema cream has calcium hydroxide, which is lime, and ammonium hydroxide which is just ammonia. continued >>

on 8/4/2009 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I recently bought this again on a whim, as I felt like I needed a deep cleanser as I have been experimenting with alot of make up lately. Very inexpensive at Target, less than four dollars. This really does clean my skin...and I love the scent - it reminds me of when I was a kid and had a sunburn, or a teenager. This leaves my skin super clean and tingly and removes 100% of my make up. I don't need to follow with another cleanser but sometimes I exfoliate afterwards. I used to use this am and pm but that dried my skin out a bit so I stick to nighttime only now. No breakouts whatsoever and I really like this. I would buy this again!

on 7/21/2009 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I first used this as a teenager. It's one of the very first beauty products I ever tried, in fact. I really love how it feels on my face: cool and tingly and refreshing, like it's actually doing something. I like the smell, too. It cleans well but doesn't do anything for my oily skin. I would love it if they had a toner version of this.

on 7/21/2009 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ah, that old Noxzema smell! I used this exclusively from the time I was about 13 to 23. During this time, my skin was very decent; I'd get the occasional pimple or two, but nothing I would qualify as a "breakout." For some reason, I decided I wasn't satisfied with my okay skin and started trying things with salicylic acid in them. I experimented with all kinds of face washes and moisturizers and creams and treatments-- Proactiv, Neutrogena Acne Care, Shu Uemura. For the next four years, my face was a mess. I got major, terrible, horrifying breakouts. I was also in grad school at the time, so I attributed these things to stress, poor diet, not enough sleep, changing hormones of my mid-twenties, etc.

But then just the other day, it occurred to me that maybe my face *does* belong to Noxzema. I bought a tub, and even after the first wash, it was like my face calmed down. Hello, old friend! This may not get me 100% blemish free, but my skin feels like it's in much better condition overall; smooth and no longer red and irritated.

I have dry skin that always feels tight and flaky after I wash it, but not with this. It's so cooling and creamy, and I love the old-timey medicine smell-- you never forget it!

on 6/21/2009 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Ah, this is the first facial cleanser that I have ever used (probably when I was about 11 or 12). I used to love the cool sensation that it left on my face after I washed it off. It does sting a little bit the first couple of times of use, but that goes away eventually. I wonder why it stings... I never looked at the ingredients - I didn't care back then.
I really liked it and it cleansed my skin pretty well at the time. I wouldn't use it now because I know that it tends to leave a film on the skin which I don't care for these days. I prefer foaming cleanser over creamy, thick ones as those always leave a film which eventually clogs my pores and exaggerates them even more (that's the last thing I need).
I haven't used this product in a few years and I don't think I would repurchase again. There are much better cleansers out there.

on 6/21/2009 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

It was super cheap for a large volume that I can use for a long time. I like the fresh minty cooling effect although I wonder if it is too drying for me. But I think it does a good job cleaning if I don't have a lot of m/u on. I usually use this as a cream wash after an cleansing oil. I dislike the unhygenic pot form. I may repurchase if I see it on sale at Ulta (like I have for 2.99) so great deal for the volume and if you just need a basic cleanser w/o special effects.

on 6/21/2009 7:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I tried this as an early teen and it made me break out. But recently I was on the hunt for a new cleanser to help with my break outs due to stress and that time of the month, and decided to try this again, and I am glad I did. It helped with the few zits I had, I love the smell, and the tingle I get. I put some on massage into my face neck and even my shoulders and wipe off with a warm washcloth and its perfect. My skin is very soft and even. I also remember my grandmother always having this in her bathroom for sunburns, so when I put it on it takes me back to my childhood summers at her house.

on 6/21/2009 2:17:00 PM

Noxzema is awesome!! I used this back when I was 14 because I knew Kelly Osbourne used it and I love her, but it didn't really work for me I always ended up breaking out. The thing I learned now is that I didn't know how to use it right! Here's my routine: Apply generous amount and massage in, use washcloth ( this is very important) to remove the cream, then I use the triple clean pads, and then I apply some noxzema original skin cream as a moisturizer afterwards as well. Ever since I figured out how to use it I have not had a single breakout ( that was 2 months ago) and people have even complimented me at the MAC counter saying how flawless my skin is! I really really recommend noxzema, if it hasn't worked for you before-try it the way I described it this is how I got it to work for me. ^_^

on 6/13/2009 9:46:00 PM

A couple of months ago i was watching a vid on youtube and this girl was talking about her skincare routine and she was saying that she's always used acne products out of habit, but once she tried something more calming, her skin cleared up. And i've been using acne products (i mean c&c and neutrogena that is mediacted with SA)for atleast the past two years and i'm only fourteen...i dont even have acne! i have small blackheads on my nose and a few small pimples every month, but nothing heavy...so i decided my skin might get better if i stop putting SA over my entire face, and just start putting it in a spot treatment where i need it. i had to finish up my other products i was using, then a week ago i finally got noxzema! why did i choose noxzema...no idea. i tried it at about nine, it was my moms, it burned the frig out of my face, i tried it at thirteen, it was my moms, i liked it, so since i knew it was deep cleaning, moisturizing and had no acne med, i got it, and it was cheap too. 6 bucks CAD for 10 oz. so its been a week of using it every night and so far my skin has been clearing up from a recent chain of the biggest breakouts of my life that lasted two weeks! but as i was trying to say, my skin is clearing up slowly and i havent gotten any new pimples yet, so yay noxzema!
UPDATE: well my skin did start clearing up but it wasnt the noxzema because now i have more pimples, at the beginning of each week i get some pimples and my the end of the week they're almost gone before i get a new batch again, so it was just my skin, not the noxzema. i'm disappointed so i lowered my original rating from 5 to 3 b/c theres no difference in my skin, no worse, but no better. its not treating or preventing pimples.
UPDATE: my pimples are pretty horrible, i dont think its the cleansers fault so i'm dropping my rating from a 3 to a 2 b/c it doesnt claim to help acne but when i use a toner after this i have so much dirt on the pad! whether i put this on, work it in and rinse, or if i put it on and leave it a good 3 minutes before rinsing, i still get junk on the cotton pad! Disappointing!
UPDATE: Yeah, I've discovered that cleansing with this is not for me, but using it on top of a sunburn as a mask for a few hours...oh my goodness, heaven! I'm glad I found a use for this product, but during the winter when I don't get a sunburn (no laying out on the beach here in Canada) my mom loves this stuff so I pass it on to her. :)

on 6/10/2009 9:36:00 AM

Okay, so WOW! I DO NOT USE THIS TO WASH MY FACE WITH!!!!

Let first get that out of the way, as I have not washed my face with this. It is packed full of oils that would break my face out so bad, people would think a peperoni pizza sprouted arms and legs.

WOW as in what a perfect thing to shave with. I get extreme razor burn and shaving my legs, underarms and bikini line (between waxing) has always been a hellish experience for me. No shaving foams or creams or soaps or baby lotions have ever been anything more than mediocre at getting the job done.

So one day I was sitting around bitching about what a horrible chore it is to shave my underarms and legs everyday (and YES, I have to do it everyday to look like a woman) and my friend was like, "try Noxzema in the tub. I have always shaved with that." So I bought some thinking it couldnt hurt and all I can say is WOW!

Now normally when i shave it is hardly ever smooooooth. Like the shiny legged women in the commercials. I always get little bumps no matter what I do, and the next day.... Stubble. Simply put:

Noxzema gives me the closest, smoothest, and cleanest shave I have ever had in my life BAR NONE. No irritation, no razor burn, no next day stubble. No matter now much I have spent on fancy shave creams and foams, they have never worked. And now I am happy to say that for under 3 dollars a jar, i have a magic shave genie in a bottle. Thank you.