August 28, 2014 | 1448 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by imaginaryflowers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser, because it is a very basic deep cleansing cream that, I like to use on days when I'm wearing very little or no makeup at all. I feel it cleans very effectively with the menthol feeling being a plus, and I think it's fun to apply.

What I like to do is apply it to my face and neck in a circular motion and rub it in for a few seconds, then rinse it off. This gets 3 lippies, b/c as I mentioned before, it's just a basic deep-cleansing cream with no real acne fighting, or makeup removal properties.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Well, I've used this on and off since I hit puberty (I'm 26.) When I was younger, I felt that it cleaned my skin pretty well, but that was about all it did. On my most recent try, I noticed that after a few days I would break out in little whiteheads on my cheekbones. I stopped using this and they went away.

I definitely prefer that pump to the jar because I used to use this in the shower and who wants their cleanser full of bacteria-laced shower water!? Anyway, because of the breakouts I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by brownskin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Alright, first the bad: this product contains way too many harmful ingredients which have been linked to cancer, neurotoxicity, reproductive toxicity, and some ingredients prohibited for use in the EU, Canada, or the US. It's rated as an 8/10 on the hazard scale over at the cosmetic database, which makes it a high hazard product. However, in terms of effectiveness as a cleanser, I really like it. After using it my face feels clean, tight, and fresh. The smell of camphor and menthol is really great. This product has been in production for over 60 years, and a lot of people swear by it. This product did not irritate my skin or leave it overly dry. I think it is great for normal/combination skin. It won't treat any acne/dark spots, but will do what it promises: DEEP CLEAN. Having said that, I really want to find a natural, safe, and effective cleanser! :(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this stuff is gross, Gross, GROSS and i cant believe they are still making it. yuck. and i agree with cinnabuns' review.
i mean seriously are you sure you wanna use this??
ingredients:
Water,
Stearic Acid- waxy, saturated fatty acid (think butter), found in cocoa
Linseed Oil
Soybean Oil- comedogenic and irritating
Fragrance- irritating
Ammonium Hydroxide- speaks for itself
Camphor- irritant
Menthol - irritant
Eucalyptus Oil- ok for extremely oily skin, but irritant
Propylene Glycol
Gelatin,
Calcium Hydroxide - LIME!!! or quicklime *not the fruit!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by 1makeupaddict

bought this in the pump container and it seemed watery... then my face started to break out :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

I have the Noxzema Deep Cleansing Cream for Normal/Dry Skin Plus Moisturizers. The tub reads "Noxzema Plus...that Noxzema deep clean with added moisturizers. For clean, healthy-looking skin, use Noxzema every time you wash. Noxzema Plus gives you that trusted Noxzema deep clean with added moisturizers to condition skin. You can feel Noxzema working as it removes dirt, oil and makeup without overdrying. The water-based formula with camphor, menthol and eucalyptus tingles and refreshes skin, leaving it feeling clean, soft and smooth."

PROS: Tingly feel.
CONS: Tingly feel. Menthol smell. As product gets lower, it will be more difficult to get out of the tub container. Leaves an oily residue that sits on top of the skin, doesn't feel moisturizing (while the first ingredient is water, many of the ingredients are oils). My face does not feel clean after washing (although it hasn't given me any breakouts, but that's probably b/c of the Accutane I'm on!).

I got this on clearance, so I might just end up throwing it away. I'll try and use it though, maybe only at night (and Cetaphil in the morning). It says for Normal/Dry skin and my skin is super dry right now, but it doesn't really moisturize... Would nor recommend for Normal skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is AMAZING. I have super dry skin. Around my eyes is the worst, it's dry and flakey constantly I have tried everything to keep it moisturized but nothing works. I've tried Vasaline, olive oil, mineral oil, emu oil and a whole bunch of others, but nothing. Until I tried this. I don't know exactly how it works but somehow my dry skin is gone. I use this as a cleanser and moisturizer. Yes it can be used as a moisturizer even though it mentions nothing of that on the bottle but it can and it works amazing. I actually discovered the healing power of it on my dry skin on accident. I was having some acne problems which I have never really had a problem with before. So I decided to purchase this because I wanted something good and at a decent price. It works great for acne too, it made it go away in about four days after using it. This stuff also feels amazing when you use it, like a just brushed feeling for your face. Very cooling and refreshing, but amazingly NEVER drying. The only cons about this product are the consistancy, packaging and smell of the product. But about the consistancy if that's how it has to be to work I can easily get over it, as long as it works, and for the packaging you really can't do anything about it. The consistancy can't really be put into anything else. Finally the smell at first you think horrible. But it's really not that bad, kind of like Vick's. After a while you get used to it and to me it has become comforting. You have to try this stuff. Don't let the 3.5 star rating scare you, I almost didn't buy it because of that but decided to anyway because it's only about $3. But I am so glad I did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I read a review of a lady who basically uses this product for everything except brushing her teeth. I had bought it for my boyfriend so he could wash his face but skip moisturizers that usually cause him to break out/get irritated it. But I had to try it for myself.
I love using it on my face, especially after a long run or working out. Kills all the grime on me and feels SO refereshing.
Amazing on my hands, cuticles and feet (I'm not using the same bottle for all these uses haha).
I love it on my lips. Keeps them exfoliated and moisturized. Also amazing under lipstick!! Put some on, rub it it and let it soak in (this may take a minute). Then lipstick, and you're set!
This stuff is great! But like some others have said, keep away from your eyes it burns!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Shannonjc1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff broke my face out horribly, and did not clean it at all. I had to go back and re-wash my face with my other cleanser afterwards. It does have a nice clean scent and it feels nice on the skin, but thats about it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by vintagequeengf1

This is a great cleanser to always have on hand. I love the way it leaves my face tingly and fresh feeling, though sometimes it feels like it leaves an almost waxy coating behind (?). I haven't noticed any effect on my blemishes, good or bad, but it definitely removes makeup well and makes my skin feel clean. I use other cleansers for morning and night, but this is still a great product that I return to every once and awhile. Plus, you can't beat the price!