April 19, 2014 | 1779 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Kairin

67% would repurchase?! Y'all got SOME NERVE. This is the utmost BEST PRODUCT OUT THERE.
My grandfather was the first to use this product. My mother got it from him and recommended it for me for my acne and scars. I used it once. God's gift for my acne and scars. Not one line or bump on my face. Didn't use makeup at all. My mother and grandfather look SO MUCH YOUNGER and BEAUTIFUL than others their age. I used it and had flawless skin. I broke out when I became a FOOL and experimented with other products leading to the need to wear makeup in my Junior year of high school. Now that I went back to my love: my face is healing wonderfully. It's true: mother always knows best.

Refreshing, smooth, deep cleansing, flawless feel of the skin. Is not for artificial skin by those other unhealthy cleansers. Only skin that yearns to become NATURAL.

WOULD REPURCHASE IN A HEART BEAT OR LESS! Fantastic product if you crave that natural, beautiful skin without makeup. Fantastic. Worked for me and my family and never failed. Not enough characters to praise this product. LOVE IT!!! :-D

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by SucreBleu

I fell back in love with this cream... I used to use it when I was in my teenage years, and picked it back up recently. My skin has been a lot less oily with the help of this. It makes it look smooth and refreshed! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just saw a recent review on this product in which someone said it contained LYE and PHENOL! As an esthetician, I was skeptical, and smelled a "LYE", so I looked up the ingredients and here they are:

Water, Stearic Acid, Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed), Gelatin, Calcium Hydroxide, Camphor, Menthol, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Carbomer, Triethanolamine

There is no lye or phenol, and I don't think that any of the above ingredients are harmful to the skin at all, unless a person is sensitive or allergic to fragrance, camphor, eucalyptus, or menthol.There is no way that it can cause dark pigmentation unless a person has a severe allergic reaction to it, and even then, it's very unlikey. I have used this cleanser before, and I don't think it's that special, though it's certainly not bad. I think the smell is awesome, but that's a matter of taste- some people don't like menthol. I do NOT trust the word of all estheticians. Some will say anything to get you to quit using what you like and start buying products from them. Better to ask a dermatologist for advice on ingredients, or do some research online.

24 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

HATE! i was using it for a while because I liked the feeling on my face. However, it does nothing for me!? I never break out, yet while using this I did! garbage.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by TinkPink808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was ok for me. I used it like 10 years ago. It worked great during my teen years. But now I need something better. My skin is sensitive against this. It's too strong for me. Either it's too drying or the chemical is to harsh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by BrittyG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I might take the advice of the reviewer below and use this for a hand cream or something. I am not a fan of this stuff. I want one product that I can wash my face with and feel clean. This is not it. This stuff does give a tingly feeling but leaves a ton of makeup on your face. Not just eyemakeup but foundation. Also, my skin feels filmy after I rinse it off. This does nothing for my acne. Basically I don't like this and won't be using again.. but might finish out my container as an "embalming cream" like that other reviewer said.. lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by gottabuyit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I've been using it since I was in high school. I have pretty good skin and very rarely ever have a pimple. This stuff was my HG in high school. I've never used it exclusively. I like to use other things. But, I've always used this over the years. I don't know how other people are using it but I usually rinse my face with warm water, apply this stuff and work it like any other cleanser, then rinse it off with warm water. This stuff has worked well for me and when I want to exfoliate with it, I will either use a buff puff type scrubber or mix it with some corn meal. Believe it or not, corn meal and noxema will make a great exfoliant. I used to always use the tub when I was younger, mostly because they didn't have the pump available, but I now like the pump version better than the tub. Either way it's a great product and it does a great job on my skin. I've never had a problem with it burning my skin, but I have noticed that since I've been using a retinol product on my skin that it does seem to create a more "intense' tingle than it used to so you might want to keep that in mind. I will always keep this in my rotation of cleansers, it's a simple, excellent cleanser that does the job great and never leaves my skin dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this when I first started getting acne, about eight or nine years ago. It didn't help then, but of course nothing helps when it comes to puberty. I used it again recently, and was surprised how unbelievably clean my face felt. It was so smooth and tingly I couldn't believe it. It's kind of hard to get used to, because I always used rough scrubs and wash cloths to get my skin squeaky clean. It's hard to get used to using such a creamy formula, but if you can it's def. worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really donít understand the bad reviews here, when used correctly this product is tremendous! I donít use it to remove makeup, I use my usual makeup remover (almond or coconut oil) to remove makeup, and then I cleanse with Noxzema. In the summer I donít need a moisturizer afterwards but since I have combo skin I still need moisturizer in the dry places in the wintertime. I always liked this product, but it really proved itself and came into its own when I started working in a theatre, where I must use really heavy greasy stage makeup. Most of the time I have nice skin and I know which kinds of makeup to use to avoid problems, however stage makeup really started giving me problems and I couldnít avoid them because this makeup was necessary. So I turned to Noxzema for help, now Iím the only person in our theatre group with nice smooth clear skin (no one else could get Noxzema because really unfortunately this wonder of a gem isnít sold here in Europe!). I also like that Noxzema is almost all natural (I donít remember if it has any chemicals at all since itís been a while since I checked the ingredients list), some people might think that camphor and eucalyptus oil burn but that isnít true, people have always used them on their skin for problems like for example on the chest for colds, and it has never bothered them. If you feel that it might be burning your skin you could try retinols, those REALLY burn the skin but the results are fabulous! As are the results of using Noxzema. I think those natural oils and that slight tingling really help to contribute to keeping skin youthful, like a light exfoliation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This was the first skin cleanser I ever used as a teenager since everyone else was using it. I have since been enlightened. Noxzema contains camphor, phenol, LYE, eucalyptus oil and clove oil. It burns and damages the surface of your skin. The menthol gives you that cool, tingly feeling. For those of you who can't get rid of brown spots and uneven tone, you never will if you keep using this stuff. Some time ago, a skin aesthetician told me that Noxzema is one of the most irritating skin care products around. Not to mention the smell is not great either, and your eyes sting horribly if you get this in them. I will never use this again or let anyone I know use it.