Ponds Dry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My skin gets extremely dry in the winter which is why I LOVE using my ponds dry skin cream as my daily face moisturizer. I have acne prone skin, and I was a bit concerned about the mineral oil used in this product. However, it has not broken me out. It's the only cream that moisturizers my skin perfectly and would recommend this to anyone with dry skin. It takes about 1-3 minutes for the cream to completely absorb into my skin, but works great under my makeup without leaving any oily residue. However in the summer time I have to switch to a light gel consistency face moisturizer since my skin gets oily.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This cream is my savior!!!!!!

Whenever the weather changes (which, in Texas, is every five minutes...) my skin will have a huge temper tantrum, and just dry out and peel all over the place. No amount of exfoliation or olive oil or anything helps at all! I used to use a clinically-prescribed moisturizer (Fougera), but lately it's been letting me down, and I suspect has actually been helping my skin dry out. Argh!

I was desperate, so I went to Target and picked this up. A huge 10.1 OZ jar for $6.99! This will last me ages!!

GODSEND. My skin is so happy and calm and soft!! I don't even mind the smell. It's comforting. I love this to pieces, and hereby declare it my HG moisturizer!

I feel like I just beat the system. Take that, Texas! <3

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

AWESOME. My absolute favourite nighttime moisturizer! I normally use the Aveeno Ultra Calming moisturizer for day time, because it contains SPF 15, but this Ponds one is thick enough for my nightly regimen. The only problem I have is the actual product container, because I don't like it in a pot that I have to stick my fingers in. Just a minor flaw that I can definately work around because this Ponds dry skin cream is amazing!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This product gave me a rash!I have sensitive skin and thought this would be safe but nope.Next morning I woke up with a big rash on the right side of my face.Not good.This also smells a little to strong for me.Wasnt a big fan.I returned this and repurshaed Cetaphil which I love.

its really cheap & its not heavy at all. a little goes a long way ! its really moisturizing :) and absorb within a minute or two.

I have sensitive skin that tends to get very dry and sometimes develop dry patches. I use this before bed (and sometimes in the morning if I run out of day cream). The product is a great consistency, not too heavy and not too light. My skin absorbs it fairly quickly, but it does leave an oily finish. As the product states, this cream is best for dry skin and I would heavily advice oily skin types to run away from this product because it will make your skin very shiny. Because of the oily finish, I try to only use this as my night cream and wash it off in the morning. It works very well in hydrating my skin! I have noticed it doesn't completely get rid of my dry patches, but it definitely helps. The dryness is definitely relieved and it stops any flaking the next day.

I've been using this product for about 2 months now, and it has been the only moisturizer that hasn't caused breakouts. I have acne-prone / combination skin, and this leaves my skin soft and blemish free! Believe me, I've tried everything. I thought it was going to be too heavy for my skin (as I was always told Oil-free was the way to go for my skin), but after reading the reviews, I decided to give it a try. I absolutely love it, I will continue to buy this product! You can't beat the price either! Check your local drug stores, many times you can find them B1G1 50% off.

My only complaints are:
1.) By the end of the day, my face does tend to look a little oily, but an oil-blotting sheet takes care of that problem.
2.) I'm not a fan of the package. I don't like having to stick my hand in the jar in order to apply the product, I wish the bottle had a pump.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Been using this for YEARS and would never think to try anything new. It's inexpensive, has a nice soft powdery scent that does not bother my sensitive skin, and it gets the job done. My skin is normal/dry and it works like a charm for me but if your oily I couldn't say whether it would work for you or not, you would have to give it a try... I have read some reviews by girls that have oily skin and it works for some of them.... I use this at night, I slather plenty of it on and when I wake up in the morning my skin is always smooth as can be. Would not be without it!

i bought my small jar of this back in 2007. i was on and off with it, but since i have stepped up my skincare routine a couple months ago i couldnt live without this as i use it about twice a day. i can see why someone who has oily skin would not like this product. when i apply it, it may seem like its heavy and looks greasy on my skin. but thats why i love it. my skin soaks it up after a few minutes and leaves my face soft and hydrated all day. and i use it around my eyes too. ahhhh i just love this stuff. try it out!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

If not for the fragrance......
I purchased this twice in the past and never had a problem with the performance of the product. It moisturized my face well, was creamy and smooth, not greasy but not too light and did not irritate my skin. I have been shopping for moisturizers many times and considered repurchasing this but passed it up for the same reason each time. My only gripe with this product is the scent -- it smells baby powderish and ends up reminding me of diapers. Yuck. I don't like scented products on my face at all but the smell of diapers is especially unacceptable! I would totally buy this product again if not for the fragrance. The price is good, and the product worked well on my skin. :(