Ponds Dry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

on 2/21/2010 5:19:00 PM

I have very sensitive skin and find this moisturizer to be gentle and soothing to my sometimes red and sore skin. The cream is very rich, moisturizing and softening, it will smooth out any wrinkles and add a nice glow to your skin. I started using this cream because my childhood neighbor who was well into her fifties used this cream since she was in her twenties and she has not a wrinkle on her face, so i decided to try this out. I have been using this cream faithfully for 10 years now, my skin is very clear, no breakouts and pores are clear and not clogged and not very noticable.

This cream is not recommended for anyone with acne, oily skin, although my friend that used to have bad acne started to use this and her skin cleared right up and she doesnt breakout anymore! A little tiny bit of this cream is all that is needed, it spreads on smoothly, if your face feels greasy you are using too much product! This cream is about $5.00, comes in a huge jar and lasts me almost a year with daily and nightly use.

It has a very very light barely noticable fresh scent that doesnt irritate my sensitive skin.

on 2/19/2010 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

every girl should have a jar of a good basic rich non-comedogenic moisturizer. this was cheap, lasts forever, and effective. i have oily skin and while i wouldnt wear this on a daily basis, its great for dry cheeks in the winter, undereye moisturizer and makeup remover. it also has a nice non offensive soap smell. im always getting facials and using acne cream which dries out my skin, so on the days when im chilling at home, i lather this on to undo some of the damage and flakiness. it is very rich though, so i wouldnt wear this on a regular basis all over you face

on 2/17/2010 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This stuff is so thick and sticky not to mention the smell is way to much it kept my face soft but it also dried it out i wont be buying this stuff again i'll just use it until it runs out or to make a primer but i wouldn't recommend this to any one

on 2/16/2010 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

broke me out =( I used this at first only around the nose and chin area because those areas tend to get flaky during winter and it worked OK. It was quite moisturizing and soothed the flakes somewhat. Then it got really cold and I started using it for my entire face and I got several painful cystic pimple the next morning I woke up! I usually get pimples on my forehead, chin and on the side of my face but this time I had pimples on both of my cheeks! I don't know if it's just my oily skin or what. My mom also has oily skin and this works for her just fine.

on 2/14/2010 11:27:00 PM

I have really come to love this cream. At first I thought this would be very greasy and break me out, however quite the opposite. At first it does seem heavy, but then after ten min. or so it sinks right in to the skin. I actually use it as a primer for my make-up. It gives me such a healthy dewy finish paired with my tinted mosturizer. My skin look supple with not a line/crease in sight.

You can't beat the price either. Works great on hands and feet also.

this cream is amazingggggggg it doesnt break me out even though it has mineral oil and it leaves my skin soft and matte at first when i apply it is looks a bit greasy but my skin soaks it up... for the 3.9oz it cost me like $4 and it was at buy 1 get one free awesome right? gave the other to my mother she loves it if only i found it sooner compared to the other moisturizers i used it doesnt leave me feelin like theres somtin heavy on my face. i wish it came in a squeeze tube but the cream is so good it doesnt bother me much n the smell is very light

on 2/11/2010 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i grabbed this when i ran out of moisturizer because i had used it a few years ago and thought it was alright. i'm a lot happier with it this time! its really moisturizing and smells nice. i've been using it for a few weeks and my skin hasn't broken out at all, which i was worried about because its so greasy. it leaves my face shiny so i only use a small amount in the morning under my makeup.

on 2/11/2010 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I desperately needed a moisturizer for my winter skin, and wanted something basic, yet moisturizing. I picked this, and I'm glad I did! I have combo acne prone skin, so I usually skip moisturizer, but because I use a BP cream, I really needed one. This stuff is wonderful...smells wonderful, and thoroughly moisturizers without being the slightest bit greasy! The jar packaging is simple and pretty, although slightly unhygienic. Plus it's cheap! Did I mention it smells wonderful?? :-)

on 2/7/2010 1:29:00 AM

I hate this product! (I think I just have sensitive skin to this product, but I think one a lot of people it would be a good product...but just be careful with this one people w/ sensitive skin!) When I was just starting out experimenting to find a good moisturizer, I picked up Ponds. Supposed to be a good, old fashioned staple product. Wrong.

I got it BOGO for around $5, so the deal wasn't that bad, but I put some on in the evening and it burned my skin SO BAD. I washed this off my skin off and for two days afterward my skin was red and broken out. I have no idea what ingredient made this happen but I am acutally scared of this product to try it again. I can't look at it w/o cringing. So I still have these 3.4oz jars in my bathroom...I don't even want to use it on my hands tbh. (I should have just gotten a refund. )

Other things about this product:

-Jar is glass which is dangerous and also unsanitary. (dipping fingers in.) Also, there is no plastic seal on the inside or outside packaging. Anyone could be putting there hands in there to try it out or tamper with it. It's gross. I just assumed that is did when I bought it, but when I opened it, I was displeased. I like my products to be sealed up! :/

-Smell is nice if fragrance doesn't bother you. Smells a lot like baby power, so it was a comforting scent for me.

-Very thick, looks really hydrating, but I never saw this side of the product...

-Nice goodly amount. 3.4oz seems like a lot for this product at the cheap price! Around $5, I see it BOGO all the time too.

Overall:
So boo on this, -0 rating.

on 2/5/2010 1:10:00 AM

this is a pretty thick cream, and it works pretty well.
it just makes my face shiny, but i have pretty dry skin.
what i dont like about it is that there's mineral oil in it. and that's suppose to clog pores and whatnot . so ..... :/