April 24, 2014 | 1850 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Dry Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Cparrott09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff, I started using it because this is what my great grandma uses and she doesn't look at all her age, people tell her she looks a lot younger. I use it only at night since I want a double tasking lotion with sunscreen for the day and I use aveeno positively ageless since it has spf 30 for uva/uvb. I only use a little bit, dot it on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin and it spreads really nicely. In the morning I have baby soft skin. Love it! I was afraid that it might break me out since it has mineral oil and I break out really easily but it hasn't yet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 8:49:00 AM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ran out of my Olay Regenerist serum so I needed another moisturizer, but I didn't want to fork out so much for it this time, so I settled for Pond's Dry Skin Cream. This will last me forever and the price was just right. It's creamy, thick and leaves my skin super soft and supple. My makeup glides on effortlessly and looks so fresh. Now, it doesn't leave my skin with a glow but I love the way it makes it feel. Too much applied will leave it feeling greasy but all I need is a pat on my forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin and that covers everything. I see this lasting until the end of year if I use it this sparingly. Some have a problem with the scent but I absolutely LOVE it!
UPDATE: So as it turns out, this makes my pores look HUGE, so, instead of using it as a daytime moisturizer, I use it as a nighttime moisturizer right before going to bed. In the morning, my skin is soft and smooth and who cares about the pores at that time! LOL
ANOTHER UPDATE: This cream is just WAY too heavy for my face - period. So, instead, I actually use it as a BODY moisturizer! I gotta tell ya - my dry skin drinks this up like nobody's business. I even put my Olay Quench aside to use this. From now on, I'm using this for my BODY! It loves it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Mikeswife

I LOVE this moisturizer. There's a reason this has been around since our grandmothers were young! I have a long history with acne (cystic and otherwise) and was scared to death to try it, fearing it would be too heavy, oily and greasy for my face. However, the prescription acne medications I use on my skin leave it super tight and dry, so using a thinner moisturizer really did nothing for me--my face would begin flaking and feeling stretched not even 1/3 through my work day.

For $6, this is a lifesaver. My face looks instantly refreshed and glowing after I put it on. I have had ZERO problems with clogged pores or breakouts from this, and have been using it for almost 2 years. My skin feels soft and moisturized, and it provides an excellent base for any other makeup I put on. Fabulous. My ONE complaint is that this has no SPF in it, but I use a foundation with to take care of that. I will never change.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Isis824

Like many of you,I am having to switch to a heavier moisturizer for the cooler months. This is one of those products I would walk by numerous times and never think of using but after a few reccomendations on the board for this one as a moisturizer I gave it a go.
I feared that it would be too oily for my skin,causing irritation and blemishes due to the rich consistency, but I was suprised that it worked so well for me!
It leaves my skin so hydrated without being greasy and I'm really loving this.
I have really sensitive skin and had I realized sooner this formula is hypoallergenic and fragrance free, I would have purchased this a long time ago!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by kitkatz07

This product is honestly only good if you have super dry skin.I bought this because I was contemplating about the kind of moisturizer i need for my oily sensitive face and let me tell ya, its not this product. I love ponds products and I have been using them all the time...for my body because my arms and legs gets really dry after shower and especially in winter.I hate the packaging of this product its not sanitary at all, I hate sticking my fingers in them coz they get all over inside my nails which is gross but anyways it moisturize well on my face and it smells so good but it makes me break out. This is good if your not prone to breaking out and have dry/normal skin.I'd buy this product again definitely but just not for my face=)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by bluelegend

Packaging: like the other pond products it is in a jar, and like any products in a jar there is a risk of oxidizing. I forget the cap sometimes and may have potentially damaged the product.

Product: Helps with dry skin, but at the same time causes acne break out. DO NOT USE IT ON YOUR FACE if you are acne prone. IT contains Mineral oil. Believe it or not that can break you out - At least for me. I mainly use it around my eyes and that is why i gave it 2/5 instead of 1/5.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Jesamyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My skin is getting drier as the winter comes, and I picked this up hoping it would help. It is a nice, rich cream and feels luxurious on the skin. Unfortunately, it also makes my skin sting. This is not due to dryness, as this happens even if I use another moisturizer (Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion) beforehand. I also don't care for the fragrance.

I am currently using this on my elbows and other areas so it won't go to waste. So far, it seems to work fairly well for that. I don't think it's suitable for people who are sensitive to fragrances on their face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 5:09:00 AM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Blech. I have acne-prone skin, but also very very dry skin, and I felt like I was using too much of my Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizer to get the effect I wanted (the sal. acid in it probably wasn't helping those dry spots, either). I bought this after seeing some positive reviews. Well, it broke me out, and BADLY. I had terrible acne all over my face that took a couple weeks to heal. That, and it smells awful! Like old, back-in-the-day grandma cosmetics. That weird powder smell. It also comes in a jar, which isn't the most convenient. Overall, this just did not work for me in any way, shape, or form.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This cream is so nice in the winter when my skin gets really dry. I use it at night after I've washed my face. It is very thick, but it sinks in within a few minutes.

I took off one lipstick because the smell is very "powdery" but when my skin is really dry I can overlook that aspect. Definitely a staple in my "winter cosmetics".

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by luvsmusic

Ouch! Withen secounds of applying this, my face was birght red and was burning. It is not suiable for sensative skin at all! Also very, very greasy. And the ingredaints in this product are horrible for skin, and many of them cause breakouts. I expected better of ponds.