November 27, 2014 | 1614 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Dry Skin Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by schwarty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this every morning and night right after washing my face. I knew my skin on my face was dry but this lotion made me realize just how dry because I never knew my face could be so soft! And the moisture lasts all day. This tub is so huge too that I'm not going to need moisturizer for a really long time. It doesn't even look like I've made a dent in it! A little goes a long way

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by pauley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the Best Cream for this time of year, I have tried so many
and I had a jar of this I forgot about so glad I had it my skin, feels and looks great my mother, always used this and she did not look her age
I have good skin, but this winter, has really made it feel dry, and I have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by natasha232

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of it, before I put it on I'd smell it for bout 2min, haha I do really love this scent. I have oily skin and this cream is pretty rich but, it helps me to blend in foundation just right on to this oily base which makes a healthy_ smooth effect and I use Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder to set foundation. I notice if I use different moisturizer(even tho my skin is oily), after foundation and powder it looks dry at some places which makes me looks as if I have mask on...ewww very unnatural. So, Pond's dry skin cream helps me blend well and again...IT SMELLS AMAZING! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by mirandaugh

This cream is quite heavy and thick so I tend to only use it in the winter and wear something lighter in the summer. It's very moisturizing on dry areas. I put it on at night before bed and wear Olay during the day (with SPF) because I find the Ponds to be kind of greasy and takes a while to sink in. Keeps my parched skin hydrated in the winter. I do have combination skin though, so I don't really like to put it on my oily areas (my nose mainly) because it contains mineral oil and I don't like the idea of putting more oil on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I only use this at night because I have DRY skin. I shower at night and use a scrub in the shower, use the Neutrogena alcohol free toner, put on the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment and let it dry/set-in, and then SLATHER this on, especially on my trouble areas around my nose and on my chin. It leaves a bit of a sheen and sometimes I don't even rub it in entirely and just let it soak in. My skin just drinks it up. Great for dry, sensitive skin! I don't think I would recommend using it during the day though, except maybe as a spot treatment for a dry patch, which I get.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by aliford

I really do think that products work much differently for different people. I wear oil free foundation and try to avoid oil in my facial care products as much as possible because of my very sensitive, acne prone skin. However, I do use this moisturizer and I don't have any problems with it. I still get an occasional pimple, but that could be from wearing makeup too long or something. For me, it feels really good and moisturizes well. If you put too much on, you'll be oily, but with moderate amounts it will rub in nicely and just leave you cool and smooth. It also makes a good base/carrier for essential oils, even though I can't really use those. But you can add your rose or lavender or whatever right to the cream and mix it up for a kick. Personally, I'm almost scared to try anything else for fear of breaking out, so this is my safe place.
EDIT: I have found a much better, oil free moisturizer. I didn't realize how much better my skin could do. I would still use the Ponds in a pinch, but now I know I can do better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by bisco

I really wanted to like this, I heard so many raves about it when I tried it months ago. But ultimately, it made me break out and I was an oil slicker.

I wouldn't want to cancel this out, it probably just didn't mix well with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by hliiivue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS. i have been using it for years. i havent tried many face moisturizers but i am HOOKED on this. i've read reviews and did my research on other products, but they dont compare to Pond's. It moisturizers my face very well! Especially during the cold winter months. I have dry skin, year round, so this is a must for me. It lasts me a while too, which is great. I don't have to keep repurchasing every month. There is no SPF, but I am absolutely fine with that. I've tried Aveeno's Positively Radiant facial moisturizer, which works fine, but it does not moisturize my face as well as this one does. For those warmer days, summer, this product may be a bit heavy, but I just use a smaller amount and mix it with my Aveeno product. I would recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by jelena14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome for those with dry, dehydrated skin and for cold winter months. I put this on at night and my skin soaks it all in. I have sensitive skin and this cream does not irritate it at all. Actually, I used it a few times when I broke out from other fancier lines in order to calm my skin down. Great product for the price. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 8:47:00 AM More reviews by gemstoneruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extreme dry skin. I like how this makes my skin feel, more moisturized, The only problem is I have sensitive skin and the perfume in it cause my eyes to swell a little and a i feel a slight irritation. Not sure if i will keep using it based on this, its too bad because my skin looks dewy.