July 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2005 3:15:00 PM More reviews by laceylew

The best I've found expect for Dior's Diorcil, which was discontinued years ago. It can get a little clumpy, though, if you aren't careful. I love this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2005 8:44:00 AM More reviews by crookedgirl

This is one of the best mascaras i have ever tried. been using the one i got as a free gift and its almost finishing so im off to the store soon to buy the real thing. doesnt clump, is not flaky, in fact it glides on real smooth. it really does give the wow effect. Here's a tip, to make sure it glides on really smoothly, add one(or 2) tiny drops of water on the wand and put the wand back into the tube and lightly mix it around a bit. do this like the night be4 u wanna use it, or at least 12 hours prior to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2005 6:08:00 PM More reviews by emaan

I got this free when I purchased a few other make up items from EL. It really does thicken the lashes and gives that 'wow' effect. Not too different to 'more than mascara' I must say.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2005 11:50:00 AM More reviews by lebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Estee Lauder, but I was totally unimpressed with this mascara. (Thank goodness I got it as a GWP instead of buying it myself.) I have really long lashes, but they're very sparse, so I have to be careful with my mascara; even a tad too much can make my lashes look, oddly, even more sparse but with a cheap, spiderlash effect (not pleasant). This is one of those mascaras that, even when applied cautiously, instantly made my lashes sort of clumpy and wild looking -- like women wore their mascara on purpose in the 70's, if that makes any sense. Just not a good product, in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2005 12:39:00 AM More reviews by adozenblueroses

I received this as a gwp, and I must say I had higher expectations than what was delivered. I found it to only deliver medium length lashes, with decent thickness, but it flaked and smudged like crazy. I expect my mascara's to not flake or smudge, so I was not impressed. Would not repurchase or recommend. The only upside was how easy it was to remove with makeup remover.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2005 11:53:00 AM More reviews by SwedishGirl26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got this mascara for free, from Swedish ELLE-magazine! And I REALLY thought this would be a great mascara! And it is really a fact that this mascara feels sooo clumpy, sticky! & it is actually the worst mascara I`ve ever tried, don`t spend your money on this one!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 10:41:00 PM More reviews by SunriseSunset

Pretty awful. I had to really, really wipe down the wand before I applied it to my lashes in order to avoid clumping. I made the mistake of applying it directly out of the tube the first time and I had heavy, clumpy lashes the entire day. Even when I wipe down the wand thoroughly, I find that I have to use a lash separator in order for it to apply thinly and evenly. What bother me the most is that sometimes during the day, my eyes seem to get "caught" in this mascara-it's pretty awful and annoying, as well as embarassing. You can get better at a drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2005 10:41:00 AM More reviews by krazysexxykool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a GWP and I absolutely love it, I really can't believe some of the reviews I'm reading, it doesn't clump at all and makes me look like I have thick and full eyelashes. I will defintely purchase (probably on EBAY).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2005 11:22:00 AM More reviews by zhejia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got it from GWP. It is very good in term of smudge proving, volume, and effect on my lash.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2005 10:11:00 PM More reviews by beckiebarnett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this GWP size on ebay. I have short curly lashes and this makes me look like I have falsies. It is kinda thick so I have to wipe the wand a bit before I apply and wait for it to completely dry before the 2nd coat. But I like it alot and it is much better than my Maybelline pink and green