Estee Lauder MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

2.9

on 8/28/2005 8:44:00 AM

This is one of the best mascaras i have ever tried. been using the one i got as a free gift and its almost finishing so im off to the store soon to buy the real thing. doesnt clump, is not flaky, in fact it glides on real smooth. it really does give the wow effect. Here's a tip, to make sure it glides on really smoothly, add one(or 2) tiny drops of water on the wand and put the wand back into the tube and lightly mix it around a bit. do this like the night be4 u wanna use it, or at least 12 hours prior to use.

on 8/27/2005 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this free when I purchased a few other make up items from EL. It really does thicken the lashes and gives that 'wow' effect. Not too different to 'more than mascara' I must say.

on 8/17/2005 11:50:00 AM

I love Estee Lauder, but I was totally unimpressed with this mascara. (Thank goodness I got it as a GWP instead of buying it myself.) I have really long lashes, but they're very sparse, so I have to be careful with my mascara; even a tad too much can make my lashes look, oddly, even more sparse but with a cheap, spiderlash effect (not pleasant). This is one of those mascaras that, even when applied cautiously, instantly made my lashes sort of clumpy and wild looking -- like women wore their mascara on purpose in the 70's, if that makes any sense. Just not a good product, in my opinion.

I received this as a gwp, and I must say I had higher expectations than what was delivered. I found it to only deliver medium length lashes, with decent thickness, but it flaked and smudged like crazy. I expect my mascara's to not flake or smudge, so I was not impressed. Would not repurchase or recommend. The only upside was how easy it was to remove with makeup remover.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Got this mascara for free, from Swedish ELLE-magazine! And I REALLY thought this would be a great mascara! And it is really a fact that this mascara feels sooo clumpy, sticky! & it is actually the worst mascara I`ve ever tried, don`t spend your money on this one!!!

on 7/30/2005 10:41:00 PM

Pretty awful. I had to really, really wipe down the wand before I applied it to my lashes in order to avoid clumping. I made the mistake of applying it directly out of the tube the first time and I had heavy, clumpy lashes the entire day. Even when I wipe down the wand thoroughly, I find that I have to use a lash separator in order for it to apply thinly and evenly. What bother me the most is that sometimes during the day, my eyes seem to get "caught" in this mascara-it's pretty awful and annoying, as well as embarassing. You can get better at a drugstore.

I got this as a GWP and I absolutely love it, I really can't believe some of the reviews I'm reading, it doesn't clump at all and makes me look like I have thick and full eyelashes. I will defintely purchase (probably on EBAY).

on 7/29/2005 11:22:00 AM

Got it from GWP. It is very good in term of smudge proving, volume, and effect on my lash.

on 7/21/2005 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I got this GWP size on ebay. I have short curly lashes and this makes me look like I have falsies. It is kinda thick so I have to wipe the wand a bit before I apply and wait for it to completely dry before the 2nd coat. But I like it alot and it is much better than my Maybelline pink and green

on 7/21/2005 2:44:00 PM

You have to be really careful during application..Be sure to remove the excess, and apply only once or twice, no more than that or it'll start to clump. But with careful application (and provided I don't cry or it doesn't rain) this is quite a baby. It doesn't flake, and I love the volumizing effect. It made my lashes look fat and full. And it curls so beautifully..Pity about the smudging part though.. It smudges too easily ..