September 30, 2014 | 1703 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by fabulousjason

I love the way this sits on my skin. It looks like I have nothing on my face, but I still have a natural glow. It is the best foundation I have found, yet it is not perfect. The coverage is average, and it does fade throughout the day. I have not found anything better, so I will continue to repurchase. EDIT: It is just too oily on my skin to work in the summertime. I end up a shiny greasy mess, even with powder and it doesnt stay on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 2:30:00 AM More reviews by darlingbabygirl

This foundation created a fine glow that is great for the winter. However, it feels extremely heavy on the skin. The texture is very rich and creamy. I didn't really like how thick the foundation was so I returned this the next day. I have nice skin so I usually wear very sheer ones to give me a nice subtle glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2007 8:45:00 AM More reviews by tipsytei

I have to say I'm quite on the fence on this one, and I have, as I'm nearing the last drop in the bottle, been trying other foundations. However, I did discover the other night, after having put on Lancome Idole Ultra, that my hand reached for this one, and I put it on top of it(!). I just thinks it gives a very nice finish to my skin! My main counterpoint is the color, which is a little bit too dark for me to be able to use it everyday (and I've got the lightest color available in Australia, 20), so I have to use it for nighttime only. It keeps my skin moisturized, have a dewy finish (which I matte down in my t-zone with a powder), and gives a medium to light coverage. Edit: I recently bought Chanel Teint Innocence as a lighter alternative to Vitalumiere. However I do still prefer this one for a night out as it makes my skin look beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 8:06:00 PM More reviews by mhosler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the absolutely most natural-looking, highest-quality liquid foundation available. Look carefully at the ages of the women who love it and those who don't. This is not a foundation for a teenager or a 20-something woman with oily skin. This is one for an older woman with normal or dry skin who needs medium coverage. I had sunk hundreds of dollars into drugstore brands, thinking it was only $8 here or $10 there. But over the course of a year, I spent enough on inferior drugstore brands to have bought a bottle of this foundation. You need a makeup saleswoman to guide you to the right foundation. The saleswomen should never have steered those younger women with oily skin toward Vitalumiere. Until hormonal changes triggered uncontrollable acne in me, I threw out all my drugstore brands, and used this exclusively.

39 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2007 11:47:00 PM More reviews by mushymamma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dry girl here, and I *love* this stuff! I wear fondation mostly for evening out the color of my skin, which is blotchy from melasma, broken capillaries and freckles. Have used both the Nude Clair and Gentle Ivory, depending on the time of year and whether or not I have been in the sun. Sheer to medium coverage--very hydrating. Blends like a dream--easy to slap on with your hands if you're in a hurry. Wears and fades beautifully, too. At the end of the day, my skin still looks *amazing,* creamy, dewey and fresh--even toned, but like I'm not even wearing makeup. It's expensive, yes, but I don't think it's smart to cheat in the foundation department--the right one will mean you need less of everything else, IMO. And, it *does* last forever--a little goes a long way. I've tried scads of others--high to low-end, but always, always come back to this. HG!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 3:00:00 AM More reviews by DDmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on the fence with this one. The first 2-3 hours I apply my skin looks flawless, after that the makeup slides around my face and sinks into pores... One night I wore it and it stayed put all night but since that first time it hasn't, then again it was a pretty cold night. I also don't like that it has sunscreen in it since I am sensative to the particular SPF and this foundation caused skin irritation and some breakout. Argh. Off the fence. I didn't like this product, with I could, it's a great idea.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2007 12:05:00 PM More reviews by HeyButters

It's a great foundation, but it's not for me. Vitalumiere felt so heavy for me, and by mid day, my face is an oil slick, not to mention expensive! Chanel's foundation are pretty ok. Maybe this could work for someone with really dry skin. The coverage is medium to heavy depending on how you apply. I use Chanel's foundation brush and it works well, but I would not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Eyerish444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this...unfortunately I was so disappointed. This product is so expensive and you can get a better look with cheaper products. I have really light skin and even though the color looked decent when it went on, by the time I left the house my face looked awful...yellow, blotchy, and it just sat on top of my face so it rubbed off sooo easily. Sorry Chanel lovers! Didn't impress me at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2007 5:47:00 AM More reviews by 1NTOXICATED

i have this product in 20 Clair and it's an almost perfect match to my asian skin during winter. I have oily skin with some flakes here and there and i hate matte finishes, so the SA told me to try this one. The coverage is nice and coverages the red blotches i sometimes have on my sensitive cheeks. Unfortunately, lighting tends to hit on my face at the worse spot, so i looked really oily on the cheek that is near the nose area. Everywhere else looked fab and dewy, not oily. Another thing is that I found the product a little bit sticky (not a huge problem cus i don't really touch my face anyways). I have to put powder on it, and that defeats the purpose of it creating a dewy finish :( I will continue to finish this bottle up (may take a long time!) during the winter season when i tend to get some dry areas. I will not be repurchasing but i could see this working out well for someone else!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by laura_ann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I Have this in #10 Limpide, and it is slightly too dark for me now that it is the middle of winter. I am a PPP blonde hair. The quality of this stuff is great, love the pump, my only gripe is that it is not full enough coverage for me. Next I am buying pro lumiere liquid with the hope that will be fuller coverage, or else I will return to my so far HG Lancome Teint Idole Ultra in #010.

Didnt break me out and I have extremely sensitive skin.