Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Packaging.
The packaging is cute to say the least; It's simple and it doesn't get in the way of using the product. The one slip up is that the when it twists up out of the tube the lipstick slides around so that it may eventually end up facing backward in the tube.

Application.
This lipstick is incredibly smooth; creamy is the term that best describes this product. It doesn't drag you skin during application. It's a lot more sheer than I expected it to be, but there's no need to worry that the color isn't true as this is a build-able coverage product (light-medium).

Scent.
The tube I got smells just like maple sugar Quaker oatmeal. It's not a smell that I necessarily enjoy, but it's not as heavily perfumed as some other lipsticks that Revlon carries. When I began to dislike the smell the point of reducing the frequency of my wearing the product, I just de-scented it using the method described by Louise at Get Lippie. Now it's perfect!

Durability.
Well, it lasts about three hours. Not very long considering the fact that this product is marketed as a multi-use lip balm and lip stick. The glossy (buttery, rather) finish becomes dull after the prescribed three hours and the moisture level diminishes noticeably; only the color remains. That's the best thing about this product; the color has great staying power; not only that, but it's also build-able color.

Price.
I bought mine for 7.99USD. It can most likely be found for cheaper online (beware of shipping).

Tips.
It'll feather on the edges, so if you can find a pencil lip liner in a similar color, then do buy it! It's a good idea to avoid putting moisturizer on before using this product unless you have especially dry skin; your lips will get any overdone greasy look if you put too many other products on with this lipstick. Also, avoid getting product on the crease of your mouth; the buttery shine will not have a flattering effect the look of your lips so be careful!

Overall.
4/5 stars. This product was a bit of an experiment, wasn't it? I'm a big fan of Revlon's lip products, so I was very excited to try the Lip Butters. With a change in the case and some added sealants this could be a an even better lipstick.

on 10/6/2012 11:11:00 PM

I LOVE these. I cannot stress that enough. These are the perfect mix of lipgloss, lipstick, and lip balm in one. They're so smooth and glide on perfectly. The colors are beautiful. MUST buy! Essential if you want something quick, cheap, quality, and effortlessly gorgeous.

on 10/5/2012 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! it really does feel more like a balm than the usual lipstick. it goes on smoothly and moisturizes my lips. Lately, i've found my lips flaking after i wipe off and reapply my lipstick after lunch, and this is despite my diligently applying lipbalm. However, i dont have this issue with the Lipbutter. zero flaking! the pigmentation is not bad for a balm, though of course its lasting power cant compare with a traditional lipstick. but anyway, the color fades to a nice flush within a few hrs. I reapply after a few hrs.Cute packaging too :)

on 10/3/2012 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product is sooo over-hyped! I purchased these in SEVERAL different colors and its really just an alright product. Body Shop lip butters are WAY more moisturizing than these. These are more like a cross between lipstick and chapstick. That's a more accurate description. I would not purchase these again.

I should also mention that certain colors go on smoother than others. Odd, but true.

on 10/2/2012 11:44:00 AM

Am I the only person who these lip butters do nothing for? Slippery and no color payoff for me. Red Velvet was the only one that actually stayed on. I have tried 5 of them and they all went back. I'm bummed because they look SO good on so many people. Why........????? LOL

on 10/2/2012 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

it's a so-so product for me, it's a lil bit expensive here (and i'm not a lippies person), and there's nothing so special with it. I feel it's more like tinted lip balm for me even it's not always moisturising my lips.

mine is in # peach parfait. I have a quite pigmented lips, and i dont want too many color so i pick this one. Sadly, it has too many glitter, even if it's a good everyday color, it fails me with their glitter.

and it's not long lasting as everyone said, it's gone with the first bitten of any food i ate.

on 10/1/2012 11:26:00 PM

I bought the Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait. While I love the dark pink base of the lip butter, I feel like there's way too much gold glitter in it. This could be a great everyday lip colour, but the glitter makes it a bit too blingy for me to wear during the day. It does enhance the natural colour of my lips though, and is quite moisturising. However on some days it feels too heavy and sticky. The lip butters are ridiculously expensive in Australia ($21.99 for one ... seriously?!), but I ordered mine on Amazon where I could get the US price. Overall it's quite a good product, I just wish there were bits about it that I could change so that I could wear it more often.

I don't see what the hype is about :( I bought one thinking it was going to be very moisturizing and long lasting like people said, but actually it dries out quickly and gives your lips a weird pasty, chalky feeling after maybe 40 minutes. The product also doesn't look that great on the lips, I have to blot my lips a lot to even out the product which applies thickly and is very sticky. After you apply it it actually accentuates the fine lines on your lips. Overall, not moisturizing, and doesn't look good

on 9/29/2012 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have this in the shade Peach Parfait and thought that it would be - well, what the name said- peachy, but this was more of a light pink. This product also had a lot of glitter and gold shimmer that I could feel when I smacked my lips together. Personally, I do not like that. I also felt like this had a little bit of product for the $6-7 I spent on it. I would not buy this again.

Doesn't live up to the hype, but isn't bad! I have Peach Parfait and Tutti Frutti (1 neutral, 1 bright :P) and I like Tutti Frutti more! The packaging has a problem swiveling down. There's no SPF and it isn't moisturizing, but it isn't drying either.

Popular Lipsticks