September 30, 2014 | 1931 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Raddit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I ADORE this foundation. It has a finish like no other- it FEELS like sheer, matte satin, but looks glowy. I have combination skin with congestion and breakouts in my T-zone (mostly around my nose and chin) and it magically covers imperfections, but still looks and wears light and natural. I was matched in BR10 in the dead of winter, and throughout most of the year, it is the best match I have ever had in a foundation. Right now, I am tan, so its too light, but if I really want to wear it, I just swirl some bronzer on top. I love that it comes in a squeeze bottle that sits upright... hygienic and it doesn't spill out when not in use. It is definitely long wearing on me and keeps my skin feeling matte throughout the day. I also don't think it oxidizes much at all. You wouldn't have to powder it, but I go over it lightly with MUFE HD powder, lightly or Smashbox Halo to up the coverage.
Now to the cons...you don't get much product for your $50. It is truly a tiny bottle of foundation and I have gone through it faster than any other foundation I have owned- typically it takes me a year or two to finish a bottle, but I've gone through this in about 6 months. Granted, I pretty much never wear the same foundation two days in a row...I have a couple that I rotate through. I also don't think it photographs well and it won't cover texture issues or really bad breakouts.
I still really love this and will repurchase when I run out (hopefully by then Chanel will offer a bigger bottle for my $50).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by blondedame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Count me upon those who found their usually clear skin now appearing with cystic acne bumps. I think it has something to do with the repugnant scent, of which Chanel seems to unnecessarily taint all of their products with. Otherwise, I found BR10 to be the best color match I've ever found for my cool toned German skin and would have considered this my holy grail foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Armanix09

More of a tinted moisturiser than a foundation- coverage is very light and you can't really build up on it.
Leaves skin feeling soft and doesnt have that shiny after tone, not very long lasting, I prefer Perfection Lumiere - has better coverage and has the benefits of concealing too!
This was also quite pricey for such a small bottle (since you have to use quite a bit daily) therefore I will not be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by lngrid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this foundation, it gives me a good coverage but doesn't make my face cakey looking. It feels like I have no make up on at all!
This foundation glides on my skin easily and leaves a matt finish. I apply it with my fingers. It doesn't make me brake out.
I'm on my second bottle of this foundation, and I paid 48,70 euros of it. I think this product is worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by DODUNIA

This and Double Wear are my by far favorite foundations. I use Chanel as my everyday foundation- it gives me just enough coverage and looks super natural. If I need it to last longer I use pressed foundation on top and makeup setting spray, for everyday just a translucent setting powder. I have normal skin and I love this watery consistency. Because of it I use only a bit of the product and it covers the whole face. Some people complain about its lasting power- yes it will not last from 8am to 10pm but this is not what you should use it for. If you need a full coverage foundation pick Double Wear instead, this one will stay on forever but looks way less natural as well. In general: perfect everyday foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Shyandy

I tried Dior nude, L'oreal True Match, Maybelline Mousse, No7 liquid foundation, Clinique Even better and MAC liquid foundation. This is the ultimate and truly the best! It applies smoothly, coverage is light (you may want to try something else if you want a heavier coverage), the effect is gorgeous-I look flawless.
It is expensive but I cut corners on other make up essentials like eyeshadows, lip gloss, etc. For me the foundation needs to be good..
Next I shall try Chantecaille, I heard it was good too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is perfect if you need light, natural coverage - it feels so soft, and looks like second skin, like I am not wearing any makeup.
Will surely not work if you have problems with acne or pigmentation that you want to cover up, but if you just want to even up the skin colour a bit, it works like magic

Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I normally give rave reviews for chanel products but this one doesn't make the cut. It's way too watery and thin and doesn't cover enough. Lancome's teint idole ultra seems much better to me. Sorry Chanel!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so excited to buy this product. I have always trusted Chanel's makeup, perfumes, and skincare, and really wanted to add one of their foundations to my makeup wardrobe. I have dry, sensitive skin, but I've never had acne; in fact, I rarely ever break out, and when I do, the blemish never lasts long.

Two days of wearing this foundation resulted in three painful zits on my chin, jawline, and nose. Yup, count me in on the cystic acne group! I cannot fathom what's in this that gave my skin such trouble, but all I know is I'm avoiding it like the plague from now on! I'm really disappointed; no one would ever expect such sub-par results from anything by Chanel. My skin is notoriously fussy, but since so many other people have had the same issue, it looks like Chanel needs to reformulate this product... or people with sensitive skin need to keep clear!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So this stuff is amazing for the summer months, but I will note that it's lasting power could be improved.

I'm NC20, and found that B10 was actually the better route versus B20 since it runs a bit dark IMO, and with the possibility of oxidation, it just seemed like the better choice. Application is fast and smooth with this stuff. I don't really like using my fingers so instead, I apply with a damp peep sponge (by Sonia Kashuk). I really love it's dewy, natural finish so I actually do not set it. I understand that setting it could make it last longer, however with my skin, it really doesn't make a big difference.

I marked it down a notch given its price point (ugh, Chanel...) and the teensy bottle size. I also think that the woodsy yet rosey smell (although it dissipates fast) could be nixed, as well. I might move on to try the recommended Shiseido liquid sun protection next, as it's a few bucks cheaper and offers higher sun protection.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No