December 21, 2014 | 1082 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is my HG concealer. However I had to take one lippie off for the packaging since it's a pump dispenser and it's pretty drying if you don't use eye cream first. It took me maybe eight tries to get enough with one pump without wasting too much. That aside, this is the only thing that covers my deep, dark under eye circles. No joke, I am NW 45 and my under eye circles are at least NW 50.

How I use it: dab on some eye cream first. Let it sink in for 3 minutes, at least. Pump some concealer on to my fingers and dab on to my eye. gently tap it in w/ my pinkie or ring finger.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by NightAng3l

Definitely a high coverage concealer, a little goes a long way. If purchasing for use under the eyes I recommend having a good moisturizing base to allow you to blend out nicely as this concealer sets super fast. Also a good base will help prevent creasing once the product sets.I wouldnt be without this concealer. I use it to cover breakouts or scars in combination with the studio fix fluid .. even though the studio fix fluid is good at coverage and buildable, it can look a bit cakey when layered on itself so by using a thin layer of the concealer and then the studio fix fluid as normal my face doesnt look cakey. Im with others, the pump is not very smooth and if not careful, you can easily pump out way more than needed. But I can imagine if this came in a doe foot applicator it may dry out too fast and if it came in a pen the product would set on the bristles. It just needs a smoother pump!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Bvaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best under eye concealer ever! I have 2 shades and will never live without them! Amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by insayn

Good staying on power and coverage, though not sure if it's the tone I chose, but it seems quite yellowy. Really dislike the pump though! Dispenses way too much product, such a waste.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On the question of whether I would buy this product again, there is no 'maybe' button, so I went with yes, and only if the packaging improves. This is a really good product, and it is hard to appreciate it with such horrid packaging.

If I could give the packaging a negative lipstick count, I would. It leaks through the spout. The spout/spigot, with even the most gentle prompt, draws far more than I could ever use in one pump. The cap does not adequately seal with the concealer bottle, so there is often spillage. The concealer tends to dry rather quickly, so transferring the overflow to another container renders in a sticky, hard to blend product.

I went with NW20 and love the product, when I can get the right amount It covers my circles and has a creamy texture. If I need to blend it, it blends well with my eye cream or other coverage product. When I look at it closely, it has the slightest 'shimmer' which helps reflect the light. I have noticed that my bottom lashline liner or mascara tend to smear more with this product, so I watch it when I wear this.

I use my fingers to blend it, although I am sure a brush would work just as well.

It stinks that the packaging makes it so hard to appreciate and apply the product. This one has great potential to be my HG concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I mainly bought this for an under eye concealer but do use it for blemishes. I really like it. Prior to this, my favorite concealer was Clinique's Advanced concealer which is amazing. But I didn't like using it under my eyes so I needed one concealer for under my eyes and another for blemishes. With Pro Longwear, I can use it for both. It has never creased under my eyes and does stay all day. I don't have any issues with the pump. Many have complained that you pump out too much product with the pump. I just don't push it down all the way. Which seems so simple and I can't imagine that those that have a problem with it haven't tried this but I also don't believe that I have the only "good" pump so go figure. Maybe because I also use this on blemishes and can use any minimal excess on those that I don't notice it? I don't know. I would not shy away from this for that reason. And people with all skin types have use it so you will have to judge for yourself. It is a good product and will last quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer has a light creamy texture, great coverage and fab staying power. I have it in the shade NC45, which is a little darker and warmer than the NC45 foundation tone, but this seems to work very well on my very dark under eye area. I also use NW35 mixed in further below my eyes like a kind of highlighter. It is a little drying and can settle into my fine lines so i make sure to moisturise my eye area well beforehand. It also works well on other areas of hyper pigmentation on my face such as at the corners of my mouth. Overall a very good product at a good price point. My only peeve is about the pump, which dispenses about 3-days worth of product at a time. I dislike waste so end up squirting it into a little pot and using it up over 3-days. That asides a great long wearing, well performing product, with a great shade range, from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

MAC Pro Longwear is my HG concealer! Concealer is the one type of makeup I never used until recently. Reason being is that, 1. I never really needed it and 2. I did not know how to really use it. Haha! But after months of watching Youtube videos I finally learned how to cover and highlight using concealer! MAC Pro Longwear concealer did an amazing job of highlighting and covering up my under eye completely with no eye stinging or eye irritation which was my main concerns with other concealers. I love the fact that it does not settle into lines regardless if you actually have them or not. Some concealers that contain 2n1 highlighting properties tend to make me look sick and tired which I also hate. Another concern I had with other concealers is that it made the skin around my eyes drier, even after removing it. But with the MAC Pro, I do not have any of these problems. I currently use the shade NC-20 which is slightly lighter than my actual skin tone and is my perfect shade..

About my Eyes and Skin surrounding the area: Very Sensitive/Easily irritated, redness around the eyes when irritated, and dark circles appear when tired and lack sleep.

Other concealer brands tried but did not like because it stung my eyes or made the skin drier: Rimmel, Revlon, Maybelline(Love the color match but stung my eyes badly), Hard Candy

MY Concealer Shades:
MAC Pro Longwear: NC20 or NW15
*If the undertones beneath your eyes are more red/blue, the NC shade category is best to neutralize those undertones and brighten the area. However, if the undertones beneath the eyes are more brown/gray, the NW shade category is the better option to neutralize and brighten beneath the eyes*

Maybelline Age Rewind: 50 Neutralizer
Rimmel Match Perfection: 030 Classic Beige
Hard Candy Glamoflauge: Medium

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

This was my first MAC product I have purchased and I could say it is a good product with some cons. I bought it something like 25$ which was ok I think. I had some difficulties to find my shade because NC20 was too yellow for me (Doesnt NC mean cool undertoned?) and I decided on NW20 even if it was a bit darker than my skin. I can say that it has a medium-high coverage and it is buildable. It covers my heroin addicted looked eyes quite nicely which is the most important issue for me! But I have to say there are two things which have been bugging me from the beginning; firstly that shitty pump! It is a good idea having a pump so it will be hygienic but... using that pump is not easy especially if you want to have small portion. Secondly, concealer itself is drying in about 2 mins at air which makes application a bit difficult and under eyes looked dry. From the reviews I have already tried to mix it with a moisturizer but mixing causes low coverage (I am using vichy idealia as a daily moisturizer and I used it for mixing). Long story short, it has a good coverage but it is a bit tricky concealer. I think if you have very oily eye area it could work better on you. For ones have dry skins, dont even think about it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by emmaanden

I have pretty dark undereye circles. I've tried A LOT of different concealers but this is the only one that managed to cover my circles up. It doesn't cover them 100% but it covers enough. It glides on smoothly and you can work with it for a while before it sets into your skin. I would recommend to apply it with brush or fingers in thin layers so you build it up. The only bad thing about this concealer is that when you pump the concealer out of the container it can come a lot of product.