October 1, 2014 | 1876 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by melzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ATTENTION LADIES AND GENTS WITH DARK UNDER EYE CIRCLES!

I have been using this concealer for several years now or since it had came out. It cost $19.00 for .3 oz (I believe it used to be $16.00). One bottle lasts me about 1 year. I mainly use this to conceal my dark under eye circles.

My under eye circles are hereditary. I always had them and I will probably always have them. I've accepted that fact, but that doesn't mean I can't do anything about them. This is were MAC Pro Longwear Concealer comes in. I have used a great deal of concealers... they range from other MAC concealers to Make Up For Ever, Hard Candy, NARS to Lancome. Too many to mention all of them.

APPLICATION: Application is so important with this product. On a clean face I use my MAC 130 to stipple the concealer around my under eye (light dabbing motions). I have a lot of brushes and this is the BEST I have used so far. Then I lightly sweep the brush back and forth to make sure to blend the concealer. I repeat this process TWICE. Each application is applied really lightly. Then I let it dry for several seconds before putting a second light application. I say LIGHT application because you do not want it to look cakey. I let it dry again for a few seconds and then follow it up with a light dusting of Lancome's Dual Finish pressed powder. You don't have to use that powder, you can use your favorite setting powder. This last step is important if you want it to last the whole day without fading, budging or settling into lines.

It took a few tries with this product to get it perfect. But when I did, it was like having a beam of light shine down on me. Also, It is so important to have the right color, so make sure you find it! I have bought 3 different colors before I found the right one. Test it against camera flash and natural lighting. FYI, I buy my MAC products from Nordstrom because they NEVER give me any hassle if I am not satisfied with a MAC product.

PACKAGING HINT: One pump dispenses A LOT of product. What I have done is put several pumps into a small flat sample container. This way, I just dip my clean brush into the container and you are not wasting product. That's how one bottle lasts me a long time. When I use up what is in the container, I wash the container and put several pumps of concealer again. Also, I always try to use a clean MAC 130 brush. I spot clean it on lazy days.

Aloha for reading and I hope this review was helpful to you!! =D

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by lemontea128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been trying all sorts of concealer for a while now to the point I just gave up and resorted to drugstore concealers like the Maybelline Age Rewind. The Age Rewind is okay but it just doesn't really give me the coverage I'm looking for and the color just doesn't look natural on me. I even tried the Bobbi Brown one and I had wanted the peach color one but the MUA artist just pushed another color on me even though I insisted I wanted the peach one to counteract the dark under eye circles. I guess I should've walked away cause it's still sitting in my makeup drawer. It was too drying for my under eyes and the it gave me a gray cast, should've returned it. What a waste of $20. Oh well..enough about those. Let's get back onto the ProLong Wear Concealer. I like the coverage it gives me and it's more moisturizing than any other concealer I've used. And the best part is that it doesn't make the fine lines I have under my eyes from all that squinting even worse. I currently use it in the color NC35 and I think it's a pretty good color match. At least it doesn't give me that gray cast under my eyes. I might go back and ask for a NW35 sample, since it's more on the pink side and it might even work better. The only con about this concealer is the packaging. I love the glass bottle cause you can see how much you have left but it's the pump I am having issues with. I think most of us who owns this concealer is having the same problem. The thing with the pump is that it's hard to control how much product that comes out of it. One full pump gives you enough product to cover both eyes and more. I have to be really really really careful and pump really slowly so I don't get more product than I need. So I just wish they would fix the pump and make it easier to control the amount you get. Other than that, I really like this concealer and would definitely buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Amerah

I don't know why this concealer doesn't work on me, it seems to work on everyone else, I have the shade NW30 to really get rid of those dark circles but after an hour or so when I look it the mirror it's like this concealer wore off even though I set it, it leaves this pinky colour under my eyes which Make them look worse. Overall hate this product so much!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by christine91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this produkt a lot and I would buy it again but i have one problem... It creases under my eye in my fine lines and im only 21 years old, not attractive. But overall, i like this produkt and i think it does a great job for my under eye circles.

I apply this product before i apply my foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by shauna510

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get the raves about this product for undereyes. It makes my undereyes look soooooo dry! If i'm just straight faced it looks okay and doesn't seem to settle in lines, but if i smile or make any facial movements whatsoever, it just crunches up and looks like a desert. AND it totally accentuates my pores and just looks so makeup like and unnatural. I do like it for spot concealing small spots or around my nose area because it's really long-wearing and doesn't move, so I give 3 lippies for that, but I absolutely HATE it under my eyes or around any more than a dot here and there. I won't be repurchasing.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by sadiemonster

First things first. I am IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT. MAC is expensive in Australia, so I've held off buying it until now, but I'll never be without it again. It's hands down the best concealer I've ever used. I swear it took 5 years off my face.

I'm pale (I use Estee Lauder Double Wear in Shell, the lightest shade), and NC15 suits me perfectly. Due to illness I have quite hollow eyes and serious dark circles, so I use loads of concealer. I apply this where I want it with a small concealer brush, but because the area is so large I then blend with the Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush, which works like a dream.

This concealer is not only super-easy to blend, but it sets well without powder and doesn't look cakey, even on my tired-looking eyes. It brightens the area around my eyes beyond belief, and hours later still looks fresh and bright. I literally did a double-take when walking past the mirror, because it looked like I'd used some kind of illuminator under my eyes, but I knew I hadn't. It's just luminous stuff, it's like applying pure light under your eyes.

It also works beautifully around the nose and chin if you want to use it there, and it seems fine for blemishes too. A lot of other concealers are either too dry or too wet for me. This one is just right - it's easy to work with but not TOO emollient. It's opaque and highly pigmented, so you don't need much at all.

The lasting power is pretty great. I slept in it one night (shhh!) and when I woke up in the morning I couldn't believe how well and awake I looked. I'm not exaggerating when I say that that this makes me look more youthful, fresh, awake and healthy. It really lifts my face.

The price is fine at US$19.00, although in Australia it's closer to US$30, which kind of sucks.

Now for the major downside: THE DAMN PUMP. I hate it for coming between me and my favourite concealer. I use A LOT of concealer, but a single pump still puts out at least twice as much as I can use. I'm not sure what to do about this, because I can't afford to just waste half the product. Do I decant the whole thing into a jar? What if it dries out? UGH! I love this product, but PLEASE MAC, fix the packaging.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by ooohdiamonds

I am a NC20 with really obvious dark circles, and was advised to use this concealer. I bought it in NW20 though because I heard the pink undertone is good to counteract the darkness under my eyes. It has a super-blendable, high quality consistency with decent staying power and no parabens. It makes the my dark circles look less noticeable. This is the best dark circle concealer I have tried so far. will certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found another great way to use this. I had some Guerlain meteorites extremely expensive primer laying around that I never used cause it was 'special' (read: didn't do anything for my makeup's look or staying power haha). I one day had the bright idea of mixing it with my beloved Mac Pro longwear concealer and wow!!! It is like this ethereal glow that is non shiny and lasts allll day. I previously posted a review that this is great w Clinique ddm GEL which it is, but is simply exceptional when paired with that Guerlain primer!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just love this product. Easily warms up on your hand and when pressed in gently, covers absolutely everything and the staying power is amazing. A keeper for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by SCHAVDA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was one of the first high end concealers I bought because I realised that I needed one that was good coverage for under eye circles. Unfortunately I ended up with the wrong shade, despite asking the sales assistant at Mac. They were really busy and rushing around as they do at times and ended up with nw30 shade for my nc35 skintone. This was a problem for two reasons - it is too dark for an under eye product. I can make it work in the summer but it doesn't provide any brightening effect. The second problem was that I wanted a yellow based concealer. I was confused about the mac system at that time which uses nw for cool undertones and nc for warm. I much prefer yellow to peach (even though I know that peach is supposed to counteract the blue/purple in dark circles). A yellow tone concealer just suits my skintone better and gives me the brightening effect that I like. Therefore this was a fail in terms of shade and undertone. However I haven't taken any points because of this as if you do your research or get a sales assistant to help you properly, you should get a good match.

The formula of this concealer is what I really like. It is hydrating but provides really good coverage. It lasts a long time but you have to set it with powder. I have tried the studio sculpt but that is too drying for me. The reason why I have taken off one point is for 2 reasons
1) it can crease slightly if you build it up too much
2) the pump - as mentioned in other reviews, it pumps out too much product. You only need about a quarter of what you get. With some practice, you can control it to the desired level but it is an effort especially in the mornings.

I have found a better concealer which works great for me - nars radiant creamy concealer in ginger. Therefore I am not in a rush to purchase this again but I think I still would once it runs out. I do really like it and I would go for the shade nc30 I think next time.