September 19, 2014 | 744 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just love this product. Easily warms up on your hand and when pressed in gently, covers absolutely everything and the staying power is amazing. A keeper for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by SCHAVDA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was one of the first high end concealers I bought because I realised that I needed one that was good coverage for under eye circles. Unfortunately I ended up with the wrong shade, despite asking the sales assistant at Mac. They were really busy and rushing around as they do at times and ended up with nw30 shade for my nc35 skintone. This was a problem for two reasons - it is too dark for an under eye product. I can make it work in the summer but it doesn't provide any brightening effect. The second problem was that I wanted a yellow based concealer. I was confused about the mac system at that time which uses nw for cool undertones and nc for warm. I much prefer yellow to peach (even though I know that peach is supposed to counteract the blue/purple in dark circles). A yellow tone concealer just suits my skintone better and gives me the brightening effect that I like. Therefore this was a fail in terms of shade and undertone. However I haven't taken any points because of this as if you do your research or get a sales assistant to help you properly, you should get a good match.

The formula of this concealer is what I really like. It is hydrating but provides really good coverage. It lasts a long time but you have to set it with powder. I have tried the studio sculpt but that is too drying for me. The reason why I have taken off one point is for 2 reasons
1) it can crease slightly if you build it up too much
2) the pump - as mentioned in other reviews, it pumps out too much product. You only need about a quarter of what you get. With some practice, you can control it to the desired level but it is an effort especially in the mornings.

I have found a better concealer which works great for me - nars radiant creamy concealer in ginger. Therefore I am not in a rush to purchase this again but I think I still would once it runs out. I do really like it and I would go for the shade nc30 I think next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Erissaputri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's really long lasting concealer ever! Just like its title. It gives me natural finnish, yet cover my under eyes area perfectly and smoothly. I think the price is worth with its results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my HG concealers. On a whim, instead of going to Sephora like I usually do, I went to the MAC counter at Nordstrom trying to find a good concealer for my under eyes as I felt that I had exhausted my search at the drugstore and also a few other places. There I was suggested this and I'm so happy! I'm only 21 (born in '92), but being depressed most of my life and hereditary dark circles, I feel like I have more to cover than most my age or even women under 50 in general.

My problems are how dark my circles are, of course a little bit of lines under, but also that makeup in general doesn't like to stay on me. I had found some good ones, but even with putting on setting powder, they would crepe underneath and also didn't last the whole day that I needed. This doesn't crepe and set in my fine lines at all, and lasts quite a while without any kind of setting powder, all it does is fade with intensity instead, which isn't nearly as close as any others I've ever tried. Setting it with any setting powder makes it last almost all day for me (putting it on at 7am and noticing some fading around 4pm) and that's a lot for me.

I've also used this on other blemishes which I love and I feel like it lasts on them as well too. Since this is a liquid concealer, it doesn't set on big red blemishes which is only two of complaints I have, but that you can't really fix.

My second complaint is the packaging. If I'm just doing my under eyes, I personally cover a larger area than most would for under eyes and use just half a pump as it's highly pigmented and I hate how you can barely control it and what comes out.

Otherwise, I'm extremely happy with this purchase. It looks small, but a little goes a long way and to me it's worth it, especially since it's less than others like MUFE which I also love, but isn't as great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by violet245

Excellent product, by far my favourite concealer I've used. Cover blemishes easily without drying my skin out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this concealer, I really do. Offers good coverage, good for spots or under the eyes (where yes it creases, but I have yet to find a concealer that doesn't), stays put very well, and the shade selection is great. BUT THE PACKAGING, oh dear lord the packaging. No matter how careful I am, way too much comes out of one pump. As in, waaaaaay too much - like half a foundation pump. Which leads to massive wastage and annoys me beyond reason. I am at the moment looking for a suitable container to decant my 2 shades in.
Otherwise as I said, highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by VelvetDoll

Okay I know this product is a concealer but I personally use it as a foundation. This concealer contains amazing medium to full coverage and doesn't have caking up issues which is usually a problem for me. I would not recommend this product for those who only want it under the eyes BC it is much better on the skin and face. The product applied to the whole face can feel heavy afterword s for a few minutes but after that it goes away and feels like skin with great coverage! Im not acne prone but I do get a few bad areas here and there and this concealer hides them! The substance is thick yet non cakey which I find great! If you have oily skin like myself this product will work great for you! If you have dry skin I would definitely moisturize before hand. LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by CandyGoodman

THIS IS A REALLY LONG, INDEPTH REVIEW BUT I HAVE A LOT TO SAY ABOUT THIS CONCEALER! I bought this concealer for under my eyes, as recommended to me by a few people... I have very DRY SKIN, especially under my eyes, aswell as that area being very purple and dark. 1st of all, this concealer is definitely NOT for under your eyes if you are dry under there and have big bags... it is GOOD COVERAGE, and is worth it BUT NOT FOR MAINLY UNDER EYE USAGE. One pump provides far too much concealer for just under the eye and if you are buying this concealer specifically for that area, you would generally want it to be a bit lighter than the rest of your face to brighten... - DON'T DO THIS - I did this... I bought it in NW20 which is a bit lighter than my foundation because I knew it would be bright for under my eye but when I found out that too much comes out of the pump, I realised that the only way to not waste it was to put it on all over my face under my foundation and it was the complete wrong shade... Also, it's waaaaay too heavy for under the eyes and is quite cakey the way it sits on my dry under eye area - it also creases veryyyy badly... Basically: IT'S GOOD BUT USE THIS AS A COVERUP RATHER THAN AN UNDEREYE CONCEALER, CHOOSE THE SAME COLOUR SHADE AS THE REST OF YOUR FACE AND ONE PUMP IS DEFINITELY ENOUGH TO COVER UP A FACE FULL OF ACNE, so much so that you can probably wear this without foundation on top... HOWEVER IT DOESN'T LOOK NATURAL AS IT IS VERY HEAVY, and it is NOT DESIGNED FOR UNDER THE EYES. Also, wear this if you have OILY SKIN by all means, but I'd suggest something much more moisturising and creamy like the FakeUp by Benefit or the By Terry stick rather than this product if you, like me, have DRY SKIN. Obviously, I do try to get as much use out of this as possible and do often mix it with my summer foundation which is a tad darker than my natural skin colour to give it a lighter wintery colour and give it more coverage but I do not recommend buying this product unless you fit the criteria I've mentioned that you need to wear this as you will just be wasting your money - it is pricey. JUST BEING 100% HONEST GIRLS, and I generally think it's a good product... just not for me or people like me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by mbdfz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the best concealers ever! I have an acne prone skin and due to that, I went through a breakout phase and left me with scars. So I went to MAC and picked this up and boy was it worth it! This is really thick! You don't need a lot to cover your imperfections and it works well with my oily skin as well just powder throughout the day and probably blot here and there but this product stays on throughout the whole day! Very good product! It's almost like the Estee Lauder Double wear maximum cover but this is more considered as an everyday product!

Oh and it may oxidize when it's really hot/humid, I live in LA so when it's hot, I usually set this with powder and sometimes when I've been out for an hour, i'll see it turn a little bit orange! (I'm an NC35-NC40) so be aware of that when buying!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by mobstaprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer! Has been my HG for a while now. I have oily sking but it works fine on me. Love it. I would recommend to any one.