MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 5/18/2014 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a good concealer that could cover my imperfections on my forehead and cheeks, i tried several without finding a concealer that I liked. I was so frustrated until i stumbled over this amazing product from MAC. It is my absolutely favorite concealer. It gives a really good coverage that last the whole day, and it blends it perfectly with my skin tone. One of my problems with concealers is that I have very sensitive skin, and therefore products very often give me spots and other forms of imperfections. I have uses this concealer for a month now, and to now it has not given me one spot. The only thing that can be a little annoying when using this concealer is that it is impossible to get just a little bit product. Although one pump very often gives me the perfect amount for my face, sometimes I need a little bit more and than I get way to much concealer out. All in all this is an amazing product that I will definitely will keep buying.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have prominent under eye circles plus very dry skin so I had tried a ton of highly-rated concealers with no luck; everything either didn't cover, vanished, or dried out my skin. This blew me away with its coverage and flawless finish.
Pros: a tiny amount provides excellent coverage, nearly invisible, won't dry out skin, lasts all day, minimal creasing easily fixed with finger.
Cons: packaging, requires careful blending with a brush (if you're the dab & go type, this isn't for you)
This is a stellar product but my only other complaint is that the shade I'm using (NW20) seems to get darker after I've been wearing it for a few hours. When sampling, I recommend putting your usual shade on 1 eye and going 1 shade lighter on the other and then comparing at the end of the day.

on 5/17/2014 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me start by saying my under eyes don't go well with MANY products. I bought this while visiting my family in the US and buy most of my products when I go there. I saw this on soooooo many youtubers videos so I figured it might work for me too... WRONG. It was soooooo drying. I haven't had issues with my Kat Von D full coverage concealer I just wanted something a bit more brightening. This was brightening and illuminating, but man this stuff like sucked up all the moisture from the cheeks and under eyes (was going for a Kim K highlighted effect.) I am very disappointed, I REALLY wanted it to work. I do have VERY dry skin, so I am super cautious about what I put on my skin, as it can also be sensitive. I didn't bother giving it another shot, if it was super drying with lots of moisturizer, can't even imagine what it would be like in winter when my skin is at its worst! I would say price is pretty good for the amount you get. Recommended for those without super dry under eyes. Not for me. Also I actially like the packaging. I didn't find that too much came out, but then again I am super careful with the way I pump, because I was aware that others said a lot came out at once..

on 5/17/2014 4:43:00 AM

pros:
i am a big fan of this concealer as it is full coverage and lasts and lasts all day. it covers EVERYTHING and doesn't dry to a cakey finish as i though it would. The finish is good: not too shiny and not too powdery finish

cons: mac gave me the wrong shade??? i went in thinking that they would give me a nc20, which is the yellow based shade, but they gave me a nw20. it ended up looking a little too pink for my skin. i can still work with it but i recommend going out into the natural daylight and seeing if it is the right match for you, as it is a pricey product. also the pump is really annoying. it was probably made for professional muas, not regular people at home.

overall i think this is a great product, just double check you have the right shade!!!

I don't quite know how to put my thoughts into words. I have a little bit of a love-hate relationship with this product...
You see, this concealer does exactly what it is supposed to do : IT STAYS.
But for some strange reason, the color just doesn't match my skin tone. I went to a couple of different stores and all of the MUAs told me I should buy NW20 for my under-eyes. This didn't really surprise me, it's the color I have gotten all of my other MAC concealers in too.
So I finally decided to splurge on yet another concealer (I'm a bit of a concealer junkie), but it's a really strange color. It seems to me that it is WAYYYY pinker than the other ones that I own (studio finish & select moisture cover)
If I'm really, really careful when applying and only apply it exactly where it's needed : it looks okay. But the second I blend it down, even if it's just a little bit, it looks like I've got two black eyes and it draws even more attention to my under eye circles... Not really what I was going for...
The reason that I still gave this product a high score is : it does what it's supposed to do : stay. And it has a pretty nice and buildable coverage too. I also like the packaging. I just love pumps! (Even though it pumps out way too much. What I do is just put it in a little container and use the leftovers the next day) It's just the color that didn't work for me. I'm just going to have to get another color or mix it with something to make it match my skin tone a little better.
I hope this review was (slightly??) helpful?

on 5/15/2014 9:52:00 AM

I don't use a lot of MAC products but I do use their foundation and this concealer. I feel that the price is reasonable but that's subjective, if you normally shop at CVS it probably isn't, but if you normally shop at Sephora this is almost a steal. I like the pump bottle and very rarely do I waste concealer with the small amount that it pumps. It covers very well (I get occasionally acne, some dark marks left over from that, undereye circles, uneven skin) and doesn't flake even on the drier areas of my skin. The only weird thing- and this isn't enough for me to take off a lippie, it's just odd- is that this is one product that doesn't work all that well with my Beauty Blender. It works great with my Shiseido foundation brush but when I use the Beauty Blender it's just not as nice of a finish.

on 5/12/2014 8:49:00 PM

I am so disappionted with this concealer. I watched several youtube videos before buying to ensure it worked well and get ideas for appyling. I tried applying with my fingers, seven different brushes, and two different style sponges. No matter what, my blue-ish undereye circles were still very visible. This product also looked dry and cakey about 30 minutes after applying. It did crease. I am not a make-up novice and tried many different techniques to apply this but it simply didn't work at all for me...

on 5/11/2014 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Favorite concealer I've ever tried! I put this on top of revlon whipped foundation and it looks flawless. I apply this with my fingers to certain areas and stipple it into the skin and it covers everything. It lasts all day and doesn't budge or cake. The price isn't bad for such a good concealer and it is high end. The color range is wide so you should be able to find something that matches. Only complaint is the pump dispenses too much product. The MUA at Mac gave me a little jar to pump the concealer into so I don't waste any which is a great idea and saves me product. Great concealer for my oily skin, gives medium coverage alone but full coverage on top of my foundation.

on 5/8/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

super great coverage!! dries to perfection on top of foundation. I tried using this as a "foundation" because a yt guru uses it as that and when I tried it, it looked horrid lol. but it looks great over foundation and set w powder. the smell reeks! yuck. but it goes away once applied to the face :)

on 5/6/2014 6:29:00 PM

Can't believe I've waited so long to buy this. I'm actually using this as both concealer and foundation. Over my face I mix it with MAC Strobe, and under the eyes I mix it with MAC Fast Response. This helps with the issue of two much product coming out. This is also working as an e/s base just as well as anything else I've tried.

It wears all day and looks very natural as long as I don't over do it. I generally don't need a powder with this but will powder later in the day.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin