MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 2/4/2014 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

the best concealer in the planet!

on 2/2/2014 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

WOW! HG! I love this concealer! I had a back break out recently and although the pimple are gone they left me with a farewell present... Yup.. Red marks. I tried so many drugstore concealers but, nothing worked nothing covered and or lasted. This concealer is highly pigmented and won't move all day! One layer covered the redness and I can also use it under my eyes. I got NC20... The colour range is limited in Japan unfortunately.... But close enough and it blends in well. You should blend it quickly because it dries out very quickly. Instead of spot treated you face all at the same time, try one by one. Absolutely love it! I also have dry skin and I'm having no problems. I'll buy this from now on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Let me start off by saying the girls at the MAC counters aren't very good at their jobs. I bought and returned this concealer twice because the moment I went to into natural light it either became orange or ghostly pale, yucky. BUT once I did find the right shade things got better.

Everyone raves that this is an ├╝ber full coverage concealer. Maybe I'm just applying it incorrectly but it only makes my blemishes slightly less noticeable and it's not the best concealer under the eyes.

It sets to a very matte finish so over a blemish it does just fine but under the eyes I find by the end of the day I look crepe-ey and dry and that isn't a cute look for someone who isn't even 20 yet.

So, a good (isn) concealer for blemishes , not so great under the eyes. Also, the pump SUCKS. I swiped an empty sample container and half a pump of concealer can last me a week.

on 1/30/2014 1:25:00 PM

I suffered from severe acne for almost two years and tried every concealer in the world- but nothing topped this! Some maybargue that this is quite cakey because it's so thick and creamy, but at the time it was exactly what I needed for that full coverage. It is quite a heavy concealer so I wouldn't recommend this to girls with normal, good skin.

on 1/29/2014 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Oh man this was horrid. I was again on the search for a new under eye concealer and after spending hours in and out of makeup stores all day I finally hit rock bottom and went to the mac counter. I didnt want the studio finish concaler, and mac doesn't really have a good selection of concealers so it was either this or the mineralize one which I wasn't eager to try.

While I did appreciate the shade selection I hated the consistency of this product. It just cakes like no tomorrow. I'm very light handed with makeup, and even with the slightest amount it made my under eyes look seriously dry, dull and cakey. I couldn't bear the finish. I use concealer under my eyes to look bright and youthful not old and worn down, which is how this product made me look.

Another flaw for me personally was the coverage. While it's true, the coverage is good, its sooo thick to the point where it cannot be blended in seamlessly without added other makeup and always it tends to make one look "done up". I personally just like to wear under eye concealer, do my brows, and lashed and call it a day so I can't wear a concealer like this. I don't want to look like I'm going to a photo shoot every day, but that's just my preference

All in all, I think if you're someone who likes the flawless, done up look and is no stranger to heavy makeup, then you'll like this a lot. If not, I'd steer clear of it.

on 1/29/2014 12:36:00 AM

I just bought this concealer to use underneath my eyes to cover my huge dark circles!! I am very fair skinned, anemic, and I frequently go to work at 5am since I work in a coffee shop. So yeah I have huge dark undereye circles and I used to use Urban Decay's 24/7 Concealer Pencil in CIA (which had an amazing texture and look but didn't have enough coverage for what I need). I got this product in NW15 to counteract the dark yellow tones. I LOVE it! The first concealer I have tried that works to really cover my dark circles and it stays put all day! I pump a tiny bit into a small plastic sample jar from MAC so I can avoid wasting product and use only what I need- and you need VERY little to go a long way, so this tiny tube will last a really long time! I just apply a tiny bit to my skin and pat with my fingers, don't wipe just keep patting and it will set so nicely! I set it with a loose translucent powder from Physicians Formula. Very very happy with the concealer, definitely worth the $20 I paid after tax.

on 1/28/2014 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in a small haul with some other items and I love it. I researched this for months before going in. I needed something that was long - wearing and would be thick enough to cover my rosacea issues, few dark spots (no idea where the hell they came from in the last year), and some serious dark under eyes. I heard you can use this as a under eye corrector if used lightly and also as a shadow base by a few makeup artists. I was skeptical and figured I would go in and ask.

The rep told me that it's not really meant for under the eyes or as a shadow base by me being so dry it may just work. She warned me to go light-handed. I bought it in NW20 and have been using it since. It does cover the circles well, makes my eyelids flesh-tone (they are stained constantly from veins), and covered the dark spots without a problem. It lasts for over 12 hours without movement and it never creased. I used it as a shadow base today to try that out and yep, it works. Shadow stayed on with NO creasing at all for 12 hours. This is probably one of the best purchases I have ever made from MAC. I am seriously happy with this concealer and would definitely buy it again.

The rep told me the pump on it is bad, and she gave me a sample pot to use with it because she said it squirts too much out every-time. I read about this, so I appreciate her honesty without me even asking. She was right, it does come out too much lol, I needed the pot. All these years I kept buying so-so concealers trying to find "the one," and this whole time it was this. Wishing I could go back now and get my money back for all the former ones that didn't work that great.

on 1/26/2014 6:55:00 PM

Just love this concealer. It is literally the only concealer I have ever had that covered up my acne spots. I have a great deal of redness in my skin and this concealer covers it beautifully without looking cakey. At $19, I really feel that this product is fairly priced. I wish I could give 4.5 lippies. The problem is the packaging. The pump dispenses a LOT of product and it is very hard to control. I wasted a ton of product after only one small pump today. This is something they need to work on!

Still, best concealer ever. Never going back!

on 1/25/2014 11:53:00 AM

This is my holy grail concealer. It lasts all day with minimal creasing and when blended under the eyes with a beauty blender sponge, it gives the most natural but full coverage finish. The price is worth it in my opinion and if you pump the product out carefully it will last you a very long time (depending on how much you use) since you don't require a lot of it in the first place. It comes in a good shade range for different skin tones as well. It works really well on blemishes too since it is more on the dry side but does not cover up spots as much. Highly recommend this concealer for combination-oily/oily skin.

on 1/25/2014 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this concealer. It lasts a LONG time. And it's pretty easy to blend! I have very clear and even skin, so I normally just use one pump of this on my under eyes in the shade nw25 to brighten them up, and conceal the darkness there, and whatever's left over i'll blend onto my nose and on my left cheek where I have some freckles! It hasn't broken me out, and it's lasted from seven am, to four am in full sun in the summer for photoshoots! It really does last! I just wish the pump wasn't so picky and wouldn't pump out so much product!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin