July 31, 2014 | 1787 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Meganmck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Attention concealer lovers, this one is for you! If you are like me, and a concealer is a must have when doing your makeup, I have found the holy-grail concealer. For years I struggled finding a concealer that stayed put on my face, that was easy to work with, and that covered everything. Well, I have good news, the struggle is over.

My first ever mac product was their pro-longwear concealer. I'm the shade NW20 for all mac products. Yes, I'm very pale, let's move along :)

No matter what foundation, or BB cream, or powder I am using, this concealer works with it all, and works well. I love the consistency of this concealer in that is is liquid, but not watery and therefor I tend to waste less. Price wise, this concealer is mid-range setting you back anywhere from 18-22 dollars depending on where you live. However, you get 9 mL of product, and in my opinion, this concealer is well worth the money because you only need a little to do the job and the bottle lasts forever!

Packaging wise, the bottle is typical mac style with a clear glass bottle and black lid. A perk of this concealer is that is has a pump to dispense the product. However, the pump has a downside in that you have to use one pump every time, the pump itself does not easily allow for half pumps. Given that I have used this concealer so long I have mastered the right amount of pressure on the pump to get the perfect amount I need, but it took A LOT of practice. Another downside is that when you get to the last 1/4 of the bottle, the pump no longer gets the product, and so the rest of the product is unusable at that point because you cannot unscrew the pump from the bottle :(

So, while the pump is a good idea in theory, this pump is hardly ideal for this product and causes a lot of product to go wasted. However, I believe this product is still worth the investment because you get an amazing concealer out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Tam94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first ever 'high-end' concealer and i love it. I got the shade NC30 i should have gotten a shade lighter but it still works for me. A little more on the pricey side because it is high-end but totally worth it. The pump tends to waste a lot of product because it gives out more product then is needed. Also medium coverage and the staying power is excellent!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by raisa88m

This is my first and foremost makeup review in the past 10 years of my life where I absolutely became a true makeup nerd.
I've had the most trouble with greasiest skin that I own. And I've tried everything and the result was always the same. Cake-iness whether they were under my eyes or on my face. I dont know why I was so daft as not to try pro-longwear concealer beforehand. I guess it was only because I've tried their studio finish and absolutely hated it both times I gave it a chance. And from the reviews and MAC girls, studio finish is the 'IT' concealer.
Erm. No its not.
Its PROLONGWEAR. It is absolutely stunning on any skin. Mine being greasy and even the driest skin of all. For an application and finished look on dry skin (although I used it the same way on my oily skin) you can check out videos on

by the amazing beauty make up guru Jaclyn Hill. (And no, I'm not paid by her. I dont even think she knows me. I'm mentioning her because it's under her beauty influence, I decided to give pro-longwear a try).
If you have given up everything. This is soemthing you have to try !! It's a second skin and the finish is not too heavy at all (like other concealers).
Hope this review helps.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Because I have very pronounced hereditary dark circles that are not diminished by sleep or environmental factors, I consider myself an expert on concealers, both low end and high end. I've tried 'em all. For many years, any ole thing would do the job, as long as it was opaque enough. But, now that I'm 44 and am developing fine lines, I'm finding it incredibly challenging to find a product that meets my needs (heavy duty coverage, resists creasing, looks natural) but doesn't accentuate those fine lines and/or make my undereye area look crepey and dry.

Now let me first say that I do not belong to the cult of MAC. I find their products to be extremely mediocre. I have not been terribly impressed by any of the few purchases I have made and have found them to be pretty easily duplicated with drugstore brands. BUT....

This concealer is pretty amazing. It gives me the coverage I need and stays put. No creasing. I really can't believe it. The trick is to use a very small amount. The pigmentation is very dense, so you can get the coverage you need with very little product. However, you can build it up if needed, provided it's done carefully and with a light hand. The finish is not flat and dry, like MUA's full coverage concealer. That stuff had amazing coverage, but made me look like the crypt keeper. It's certainly not dewy or satiny, but not entirely matte either. It's really very natural looking. And I happened to get an amazing match in NC20. That alone is worth the price tag. I'm very hard to match because although I am fairly pale, I have sallow undertones. Considering how little product is needed to get a good result, I'm not griping about the cost. It's worth it. I've spend more and I've spent less, but never have I been as pleased as I am with this product.

I can't believe I'm raving about a MAC product, but there you go.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best concealer I have ever tried. I am now on my 2nd and still loving it.

I have tried the MUFE full cover, bobbi brown concealer and amazing cosmetics concealer, and nothing covers my acne scarring and active breakouts like this.

Plus it lasts an absurd amount of time on the skin, through oil and sweat, and looks very natural considering its coverage.

The only downside is the terrible pump which pumps too much product out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE this concealer!! Long lasting, blends beautifully and, even on my crappy skin, only requires less than one full pump to cover all my bad spots! Only wish I had bought this sooner, rather than wasting so much money on inferior concealers. HG product, 100%!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by maimaimaired

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

luv luv luv mac prolongwear conceler I have two one in nw45 which is my skin color and sometimes I use it as a foundation all over face and it does a great job.and one in nw40 which I luv I use it for an undereye highlight it is BOMB and wheres all day and does not crease as long as u pat or blend till dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Best concealer. It's $18 for a bottle but considering the maybelline highlighting concealers are $10 or the revlon colorstay concealer is $8/9, personally, I think it's worth paying the $10 extra. Also, high end concealers like Bobbi Brown are 33+ so it's midrange price wise. It's super light feeling on the skin but I'd say it's medium coverage and can be built up to full. If you pat it you'll get a fuller coverage, but if you use a fluffy brush (217, 224) it's lighter. It's really thin and skin like so you can get away with just this and some powder. Doesn't crease or fade. I can rely on my concealer covering just as much at 7:30 am than I can at 4:30 p.m. Excellent, excellent buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only use this for under my eyes. I used to love maybelline's fit me concealer but I found that one would crease and settle into my fine lines. The amazing thing is this product doesn't crease!!! Formula is light and easy to blend. I hate the pump because it always dispenses too much product; this concealer is really pigmented so a little goes a long way. I'm an nc35 and I use the shade nc30 for under my eyes. I set this concealer using laura mercier's secret camouflage powder! Definitely would repurchase! :)

Update (2/6/14): I finally finished this product!!!! I used it about 4-5 times a week. At least half a pump each time I do my makeup. Def HG concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by juicynsweet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate the feeling of foundation all over my face, so I use this MAC Pro Longwear Concealer for my problem areas around my cheeks. Surprisingly, it covered all of my blemishes with the tiniest dab! Since I use this concealer as my 'foundation', I apply this with the Sigma Round Top or Flat Top Kabuki. It makes my skin look flawless. I also have dry and sensitive skin but it doesn't appear to accentuate the dry spots since I always exfoliate my face thoroughly before using this product. For added color, I apply Pur Minerals powder foundation as well. It definitely lasts long and I seem to have no breakouts at all. The pump is an issue but you'll get used to it as you use it.

-My review is based on the coverage of redness and breakouts. I don't use this as an undereye concealer since I don't have any dark circles. This also works better for me than the Studio Finish Concealer since my skin is dry, I need a creamier type of concealer.