MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 3/3/2014 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm on my second bottle, because the first broke when it smashed to the ground. I bit disappointed int he fragile glass packaging and the pump that disposed to much concealer and creates a mess.

Staying power is amazing. You don't need much product, this is highly pigmented and a thin layer covers good. I use it for both my under eye area and on the rest of my face. The finish is matte, and can sometimes be a bit drying on my dry skin, so make sure to moisturize.

The color range doesn't match my skin perfectly, I'm somewhere between NC42 band NC45, but less red and more yellow. However, NC42 matches my winter pale skin, so I use this during the winter. I just wished they would release more shades so I could use this all year round.

on 2/28/2014 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i am in love with this concealer!
I religiously watch NikkiTutorials on YouTube and she recently put up a video of herself using the concealer as a foundation. this had changed my life. my new HG product. i make sure to moisturize my skin well before hand and then i take 2/3 pumps of the concealer and place it all over my face. I then use a damp beauty blender to blend it into my face. While that is setting i do my eyebrows and eye makeup. I set the concealer with my NYX HD translucent setting powder.

My skin has never looked better and it stays ALL DAY!

on 2/27/2014 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nice concealer, a little bit thicker than the pro longwear foundation. Good coverage.
The concealers are usually a little paler that the foundation of the same range, which is good. One thing I'm not keen on is that I find this concealer to be a little oily and if I use it I definitely need to use powder.
Also, if you don't usually use much concealer then be very careful with the pump, because a full pump of it brings out about two pea sized amount of product (fine for me).

on 2/27/2014 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Used to use this under my eyes until I found my current favourite by IT cosmetics bye bye under eye (which is better for aged skin) but this is my favourite eye primer, covers my redness and veins beautifully and the shadows apply so well over it.

on 2/23/2014 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I do really love this concealer as it is a real multitasker. I currently own NW20 and comfortably use it on my under eye area, as well as blemishes and any redness I get on my chin and around my nose and have never had an issue with it creasing or fading throughout the day. I did find that by purchasing the NW20 instead of the NW15 when using it under my eyes I did get a better result as it covers the blueness under my eyes much nicer. NW15 did look nice and bright but I did feel like the blue shone through and didn't really appear covered.

on 2/22/2014 9:54:00 PM

I think I may have posted before but here's an update if I did.... I am NW20 with dry skin and just turned 33. I have noticed that I have fine lines running horiz under my eyes and darker circles as I age than before. My eyes are always watery lately as well. Top it off they are rather red where I have started to see crows feet. Sooooo I turned to this concealer after all I've heard. It's the best I've used for under eye EVER!!!!!!! Its a 3,4 for blemishes. But I didn't buy it for blemishes. So here's what I do.... I went and got for$3 the ELF fluffy concealer brush at Walmart. I washed out one the tiny sample containers from Sephora and use one pump at a time of concealer in there by dabbing my brush in and swirling in the cap. I use this all over the eye area, all around it applied w the brush. I do my eye shadow ect. Then reapply a small amount just to side of the eyes and undereye again. I set w ELF HD powder. It stayed the entire day. No dark circles. No creasing( which is key to help get rid of bec I apply Neutrogena Rapid Eye Wrinkle cream day n night now and it makes a huge Dif in creasing ladies!!!) no running, and I cried at a movie today and it didn't budge. This has all held true for two weeks now. I will never go back. Ps. On blemishes I use my fingers and dab on Physicians RX formula concealer. Works amazingly. And can be build able if needed. Mac pro longwear will forever be in my drawer !!!!

on 2/22/2014 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This really does live up to it's long wearing claim, lasts all day. Found a great match in NC20. It is not as full coverage as I thought it was going to be. I used it on my undereye area and even after using over a peach toned corrector and building this up in thin layers my discoloration still showed through. It also creased on me when I just wore one this layer of this and set it with powser, which I was not expecting at all because most people don't seem to have that issue with this. Also I used it on some fading acne marks that typically cover fine with my other concealers, but even layered they still showed through with Pro Longwear. And with the nuisance of wasting half of the product with the pump that dispenses too much, I will not repurchase.

on 2/22/2014 7:14:00 PM

Good concealer for the under eye area; that is the only place that I use it, so I cannot say how this works over blemishes/acne. This does not settle into the little lines under your eyes and goes on very smoothly. This product also has incredible staying power. I have experimented with this and smeared some on the back of my hand and 24 hrs later it is STILL THERE. Try it out; if you buy it from MAC and don't like it, keep the receipt and just return it. My only problem with this is the packaging: I really wish it were in a sqeezy tube. It comes in a little pump and too much almost always comes out by accident. Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/22/2014 5:17:00 PM

It is definitely a good concealer, the best Ive ever tried. Its a little tricky to work with because of the annoying pump, it squirts out too much product and with such a highly pigmented concealer, a little goes a long way. And its a little hard to blend into the skin. I think the best way to blend it is with a sponge like the beauty blender.

on 2/22/2014 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I appreciate that a cute SA matched me and put it on and it looked great. I wish I had noticed how much is wasted with that terrible pump bottle. I get about a weeks worth every time I use it, which just irks me, and I find myself using something else. I'm now madly in love with another product that comes in a pot, gives me more of a glow (rather than just covering the dark circles) and I can control how much I use.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin