November 27, 2014 | 1210 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

MAC Pro Longwear is my HG concealer! Concealer is the one type of makeup I never used until recently. Reason being is that, 1. I never really needed it and 2. I did not know how to really use it. Haha! But after months of watching Youtube videos I finally learned how to cover and highlight using concealer! MAC Pro Longwear concealer did an amazing job of highlighting and covering up my under eye completely with no eye stinging or eye irritation which was my main concerns with other concealers. I love the fact that it does not settle into lines regardless if you actually have them or not. Some concealers that contain 2n1 highlighting properties tend to make me look sick and tired which I also hate. Another concern I had with other concealers is that it made the skin around my eyes drier, even after removing it. But with the MAC Pro, I do not have any of these problems. I currently use the shade NC-20 which is slightly lighter than my actual skin tone and is my perfect shade..

About my Eyes and Skin surrounding the area: Very Sensitive/Easily irritated, redness around the eyes when irritated, and dark circles appear when tired and lack sleep.

Other concealer brands tried but did not like because it stung my eyes or made the skin drier: Rimmel, Revlon, Maybelline(Love the color match but stung my eyes badly), Hard Candy

MY Concealer Shades:
MAC Pro Longwear: NC20 or NW15
*If the undertones beneath your eyes are more red/blue, the NC shade category is best to neutralize those undertones and brighten the area. However, if the undertones beneath the eyes are more brown/gray, the NW shade category is the better option to neutralize and brighten beneath the eyes*

Maybelline Age Rewind: 50 Neutralizer
Rimmel Match Perfection: 030 Classic Beige
Hard Candy Glamoflauge: Medium

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

This was my first MAC product I have purchased and I could say it is a good product with some cons. I bought it something like 25$ which was ok I think. I had some difficulties to find my shade because NC20 was too yellow for me (Doesnt NC mean cool undertoned?) and I decided on NW20 even if it was a bit darker than my skin. I can say that it has a medium-high coverage and it is buildable. It covers my heroin addicted looked eyes quite nicely which is the most important issue for me! But I have to say there are two things which have been bugging me from the beginning; firstly that shitty pump! It is a good idea having a pump so it will be hygienic but... using that pump is not easy especially if you want to have small portion. Secondly, concealer itself is drying in about 2 mins at air which makes application a bit difficult and under eyes looked dry. From the reviews I have already tried to mix it with a moisturizer but mixing causes low coverage (I am using vichy idealia as a daily moisturizer and I used it for mixing). Long story short, it has a good coverage but it is a bit tricky concealer. I think if you have very oily eye area it could work better on you. For ones have dry skins, dont even think about it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by emmaanden

I have pretty dark undereye circles. I've tried A LOT of different concealers but this is the only one that managed to cover my circles up. It doesn't cover them 100% but it covers enough. It glides on smoothly and you can work with it for a while before it sets into your skin. I would recommend to apply it with brush or fingers in thin layers so you build it up. The only bad thing about this concealer is that when you pump the concealer out of the container it can come a lot of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by nikkicavv

This concealer blends with all my foundations and is quite light. I prefer to apply it with my fingers, you literally only need one pump to cover all blemishes and imperfections on your face. I use this concealer on days when I feel my skin only needs a light coverage. It does stay on all day, but it is very noticeable when used on dry skin. Its small compact size means it fits in every bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hand down the best concealer I've ever used. I'm in NW20 and it's the perfect shade match for me. It covers my under eyes very well and I use it on blemishes as well. The only downside is the packaging. I ALWAYS pump out twice as much as I need which mean Im constantly wasting product. It's near impossible to pump only what I need. It is sanitary with the pump but I hate that I throw half of the tube away. It's my 2nd container of this concealer and I'm sure I'll keep repurchasing this again and again. I highly recommend this!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since I had my daughter 4 years ago, I have dark undereye circles. It's to the point where I can't leave my house without concealer under my eyes. I thought I'd found my hg in the LA Girl Pro Concealer, but no. I had been looking at reviews for Pro Longwear concealer but didn't want to shell out the money. When I finally got to MAC, I bought the Pro Longwear and the Prep + Prime highlighter. No good. They dry out my skin and my makeup looks dry and ashy. The circles are covered but it doesn't look good. I'm taking them both back and will continue my hunt for a concealer that conceals and doesn't leave my skin looking dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer. It covers my dark circles perfectly and doesn't settle into my fine lines. Even when layered over a creamier corrector! And even though it has such great staying power, it doesn't seem too drying. It works well on blemishes too, but I do prefer a thicker, creamier concealer for that (just personal preference!). I do however love it for concealing redness around my nose, as the long wearing aspect of it makes it hold up really well even when my nose gets oily.

I do hate the pump though. I love the idea of it in theory, but it is tricky to control the amount you dispense, and one pump is WAY too much for even a whole face full of concealing. A squeeze tube, doe foot applicator, or just a pump that actually worked would be a great improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ClassyMinx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best concealer I've ever owned. It does exactly what it's supposed to do. It provides decent coverage, feels fine on the skin and lasts all day. I wear NW20 and find it a perfect match for my skin. Although i like the look of the packaging and the fact its a pump bottle, i find that one pump is always more than i need and i am wasting quite a lot of the product. That being said i have used this product every day for about 4 months and I still have heaps left. Additionally I'm not a fan of glass bottles as they an become a nightmare when travelling... Especially if they break! Overall great product and despite the price ($60 in Australia) I'll definitely be repurchasing this when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by sparklezandbutterflies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having been cursed with the worst under eye circles in the history of mankind, I am always on the lookout for concealers that are capable of doing the following:

1- Fully cover my dark circles
2- Brighten my under eye area
3- Cover spots on the face as effectively and it covers the undereye
4- To last the whole day
5- To not crease and look dry
6- To look as natural as possible for a full coverage product
7- To hold itself well and not turn patchy when set with powder

Seeing as my list is soo long and almost impossible to fulfill, I was a bit of a concealer Hoe! Always trying out new products, never settling, constantly on the lookout for newer and better. All until I met this little bottle of magic. Pro Long wear and I have been in a steady relationship since it was launched and although I might have had moments of weakness where I have strayed over the past couple of years, I have always come back to it vowing to never be unfaithful ever again. It ticks all of my boxes and then some. I use NC42 for my under eye circles since it comes off as a little peachy and covers the blue-ish shadow very well. I also mix it with a lighter shade when I want to highlight certain areas.

Well done with this one, MAC

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jajajanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best concealer i've ever tried! and for $19 it's a steal! especially considering the drug store now carries concealers for $10. It's great for under the eyes to help cover up those bags and doesn't settle in my fine lines. i also use this on my acne scars all over my face, i don't use liquid foundation, but this concealer and then the studio fix plus powder foundation over top is the perfect combination for me! i would recommend this to anybody! the only bad thing about it is that the pump is a little hard to control so most of the time you end up with way more product than you need a little goes a very long way.