April 20, 2014 | 1000 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by RealDealBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

REVLON Grow Luscious by Fabulash mascara in 001 Blackest Black
This is the fabulash in the green tube. I was a big fan of the original fabulash, so tried this when it first came out –it’s been one of about 3 mascaras that I really love (and the least expensive of the three). This mascara lasts all day (and through the night), even through walking around Afghanistan for hours, it doesn’t flake or smudge or irritate my eyes. I’ve slept with it on & in the morning, I still look like I have mascara on my eyes, I don’t have clumps (of course I have have some smudges, but it’s easy to wipe those off & still look halfway decent), and my lashes aren’t crunched up & haven’t fallen out. The formula is a lighter formula that coats the lashes without being clumpy. Throughout the day, lashes are firm, but not brittle. Touchable. The brush is definitely oversized – which I thought would be a problem because I have some really short lashes on the inner corners – but it’s tapered on the end so it’s still usable for the tiny lashes. The mascara gives the lashes a little curl, but nothing to rave about. Lengthening is the same as any mascara – put black paint over blonde tips & eyelashes look longer (duh). The mascara does separate lashes very well giving the illusion of volume both in the thick of the lashes (in the middle) and on the sides (inside & outside). Just so you know, TWICE this mascara has been picked over a different favorite mascara in a blind “which eye has better lashes?” test… Once by me on my friend, and once by a male friend on my eyes. This is my DS HG mascara & beats out most others, I would keep this in rotation with my other two HG mascara (Clinique). If I had to lower my MU budget, I wouldn’t feel begrudged at all about having to use this mascara exclusively. I will buy this again & again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by brwneyedsweeti3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lashes are normally long, but i thought id give it a try because ive heard that it makes them look thick and can be even longer. It did do its job to a point. The wand is too long. Also it gets clumpy quick, the tube doesnt have to much of a sifter or something to stop the clumps.I use it everyday because i wnt to get my moneys worth (I went to CVS and bought it there...it was 10 dollars! Never getting it from there again. Back to walmart for me!) but i dont think ill buy it again. Also the tube doesnt have to much of a sifter or something to stop the clumps. I dont understand it. I have to keep looking i guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Highline

First off I am shocked with all the not so good reviews from others! I think this is the best mascara you can purchase in drug stores and it has become my HG/Holy grail!! I have tried many high end mascara's one being the most expensive Yves Saint Laurent. And honestly GL works better than all the high end mascara's I've used. I had a small little patch where there were lashes that looked like they had been cut with scissors cause they were much shorter than all the other lashes surrounding them on my eye. So after using GL for about a week I noticed those little lashes actually getting longer to match the length of the rest of my lashes. Now I've been using this mascara for 2 months and my lashes are MUCH longer. This mascara does not flake or clump up on me and has not dried out yet! Which is a huge plus! So many mascara's I've tried last for maybe 4 weeks 6 weeks at most before the tube completely dries out. The fact the wand on this is larger is a plus because for me it gets the whole strip of my lashes in one swipe as opposed to doing sections with the wand like outter corner then the inner corner. Overall this mascara is just AMAZING!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by glorylynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not as good as a department store brand, but it really gets the job done. Blackest black shows up great and doesn't clump. The brush good be a tiny bit smaller. Using this along with coating my eyelashes with vaseline at night has improved their quality but, not a whole lot of length.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by breakupovertea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was not impressed with this mascara. I found it to be flakey. If I applied more than 1 coat this gave me spider lashes. I found the brush kind of hard to use due to its large size. One positive thing I can say about this mascara is that it gave me amazing length. While this definitely isn't the worst mascara I've used, it's definitely not one of the good ones either. I would describe it as slightly short of mediocre. Needless to say I will not be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by star53

This mascara is sooooo great!!!! The brush is even bigger than I thought, but it works for me! It also leaves my lashes with a beautiful texture, not crispy or anything gross like that. It fans my lashes out and leaves them curled and separated all day. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by kmbeauty86

I LOVE THIS MASCARA! I was really shocked to see the bad reviews on here, saying how well this mascara works! It gives me beautiful lashes and I prefer it over some of my higher end mascaras. (I don't have super problematic lashes or anything, they're pretty much average) It worked well at adding length and fullness. As for the "grows your lashes" part of this mascara, I have noticed that this mascara conditions my lashes and I have seen some slight improvements in the overall length and volume of my lashes now that I use this. This mascara works wonders just as a mascara, but if you are looking just for the growing complex maybe look somewhere else. Great mascara though!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Artouger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this Mascara. It has a low clumping factor- makes my lashes look long luscious. I always search for the perfect mascara- this is one that I have come to love lately. I have been using it for about 4 months and have noticed an increase in length and fullness of my lashes. I love the green tube and the full brush- it offers a nice feather look to my lashes. great product, great price - about $10-$12

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by rimmela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Seemed like a pretty nice mascara when I first used it. Got worse and worse as I went on with using it, dried up a lot. Sucked big time = clumped. HUGE brush makes you get poked or smudged every time. Noticed no growth. Holds a curl decently, volumizes. Overall not worth the cost.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by smalls1881

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love mascara, and i try every new one that comes out. I had high hopes for this one, but I was not pleased with it. The brush is very big, which I normally like, but for some reason it was awkward. The mascara was a bit dry to me and was a bit flaky. I used it faithfully for 2 weeks dispite my feelings, and I did not see any difference in my lashes. This is only my opinion and you never know until you try for yourself, but it was nothing special to me.