Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First the good: this product provides awesome coverage and looks very natural. The finish is neither too matte nor too dewey. I also love that it is a pressed mineral powder. The bad: for me, this powder doesn't work for a couple reasons. First, I could not find a good color match. I'm MAC NC25 and all the colors are too pink toned (I looked sunburned) for me. Also, "light" was a bit too light and made me look sick, while the next shade up "golden medium" was way too dark, and still too pink, even though you'd think golden would mean it was warm toned! Next, and worst of all, it made me break out! I always make sure to remove my makeup and use cleanser at night, and I've never broken out from any powder foundation before - I've used everything from minerals to MAC. So, if you can find a good color match and don't break out, this is a fantastic product. If you're at all warm toned or break out easily, steer clear!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this powder foundation! Its so easy to put on and with a good primer it stays on the whole day. I have really oily skin so it does leave me with a glow but that seems to happen for me for every foundation I have ever tried so it doesn't bother me. the coverage is great, usually when I wear mineral makeup I still cover up scars with a concealer, but I really don't have to with this.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

i absolutely love this stuff! i got it bogof at ulta a few weeks ago, and it makes my skin look flawless. i will admit i've been blessed with completely normal skin, never had any acne or anything. if anything, my skin gets a little dry and uneven in tone sometimes due to sun damage. very long wearing, love the packaging, matches my nc25 ish skin tone perfectly. i'm in love :)

awesome stuff but a tad expensive for my liking.

this is the worst mineral powder foundation i have ever try. It is very cakey and have to be reapply every hour. I truly hate this product!!!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This pressed powder is great.
It gives me light coverage and looks very natural.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

im loving this, hopefully, i'll continue loving it.
the coverage is medium which is great, and doesnt feel cakey at all on my face. it applied super evenly and suprisingly, covered the dark circles under my eyes like 80% -miracle for me.
i cant think of anything bad to say, i use my TF retractable or my 180 and i've gotten a gret finish on my face.

EDIT: I'm not using this anymore.. even though the Fair matched me ok, it was slightly a bit pink, I found a perfect match in Studio Fix NC15.
I"m in love with this stuff. I have tried too many foundations to count.. high end.. low end.. liquid, mineral, etc. I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. I needed something with decent coverage (but not mask like), a matte finish, something not messy, non irritating, and I like to have SPF's in my foundation. This fit the bill perfectly. I usually use a kabuki with this but occasionally use the sponge for more heavier coverage if I need it. I don't use this under my eyes, I like to use a liquid under eye concealer instead.. and for very pesky zit coverage once I finish with the Pur Minerals I will take a small concealer brush and lightly dab a tiny bit of MAC Studiofix concealer on top.
It is slightly moisturizing, so I don't use it as much in the summer.
Another reason I love this is the shade Fair matches my skin well (I'm between an NW15 and NC15) but I can also use Golden Medium as well. The Blush Medium had too much of a pink/rosey undertone for me. I've also noticed most foundations get caky around my mouth for some reasons.. this never happens with Pur Minerals.
PS The brush that is meant to go with this is terribly scratchy. If you are still interested in the brush I recommend trying it at an Ulta first before purchasing it online.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This seems to be a love or hate foundation. I love it!!! I think I have tried every mineral foundation out there. This to me beats them all. I have pretty good skin but with some freckles and brown sun spots. I have used this for 3 years now. After alot of fooling around with application techniques I find that if you use a light hand all over with pur minerals foundation brush then take a good utility brush....I happen to like the one pur minerals makes (the only brush I really like of theirs) and then use the utility brush to apply the powder as a concealer to under eye circles and any where else you would need a concealer. I use a primer first usually smashbox and then just my pur mineral powder. My makeup takes so much less time now......no more yucky liquid foundations...no more messy minerals...no more separate concealer....no finishing powder or veil. I love...love ....love this. My skin breathes so much better....you can still see your skin but without the imperfections. It does not feel like I have any makeup on. My husband does not even think I wear foundation any more. I overheard him tell a friend that his wife does not need to wear a foundation LOL......that did it for me....I am hooked!!! For those that have had trouble with this product I would suggest playing around with application techniques....a little goes a long way especially if you concentrate on the areas you need it the most. It is the only powder that I would dare to wear under my eyes.......can ya tell I like this stuff LOL...... thanks

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The Good: Creamier than other mineral foundations. Medium coverage in one application. Not chalky. SPF 15.

The Bad: Creamy texture, the shea butter was way too greasy for my combination/oily skin. The undertone! Not sure if its yellow, orange, peach/pink or what, but it makes me look green/grey. Did not feel good on my skin - no light, mineral makeup feel at all.