September 2, 2014 | 954 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

im loving this, hopefully, i'll continue loving it.
the coverage is medium which is great, and doesnt feel cakey at all on my face. it applied super evenly and suprisingly, covered the dark circles under my eyes like 80% -miracle for me.
i cant think of anything bad to say, i use my TF retractable or my 180 and i've gotten a gret finish on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by bluesuze

EDIT: I'm not using this anymore.. even though the Fair matched me ok, it was slightly a bit pink, I found a perfect match in Studio Fix NC15.
I"m in love with this stuff. I have tried too many foundations to count.. high end.. low end.. liquid, mineral, etc. I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. I needed something with decent coverage (but not mask like), a matte finish, something not messy, non irritating, and I like to have SPF's in my foundation. This fit the bill perfectly. I usually use a kabuki with this but occasionally use the sponge for more heavier coverage if I need it. I don't use this under my eyes, I like to use a liquid under eye concealer instead.. and for very pesky zit coverage once I finish with the Pur Minerals I will take a small concealer brush and lightly dab a tiny bit of MAC Studiofix concealer on top.
It is slightly moisturizing, so I don't use it as much in the summer.
Another reason I love this is the shade Fair matches my skin well (I'm between an NW15 and NC15) but I can also use Golden Medium as well. The Blush Medium had too much of a pink/rosey undertone for me. I've also noticed most foundations get caky around my mouth for some reasons.. this never happens with Pur Minerals.
PS The brush that is meant to go with this is terribly scratchy. If you are still interested in the brush I recommend trying it at an Ulta first before purchasing it online.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by ontariogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This seems to be a love or hate foundation. I love it!!! I think I have tried every mineral foundation out there. This to me beats them all. I have pretty good skin but with some freckles and brown sun spots. I have used this for 3 years now. After alot of fooling around with application techniques I find that if you use a light hand all over with pur minerals foundation brush then take a good utility brush....I happen to like the one pur minerals makes (the only brush I really like of theirs) and then use the utility brush to apply the powder as a concealer to under eye circles and any where else you would need a concealer. I use a primer first usually smashbox and then just my pur mineral powder. My makeup takes so much less time now......no more yucky liquid foundations...no more messy minerals...no more separate concealer....no finishing powder or veil. I love...love ....love this. My skin breathes so much better....you can still see your skin but without the imperfections. It does not feel like I have any makeup on. My husband does not even think I wear foundation any more. I overheard him tell a friend that his wife does not need to wear a foundation LOL......that did it for me....I am hooked!!! For those that have had trouble with this product I would suggest playing around with application techniques....a little goes a long way especially if you concentrate on the areas you need it the most. It is the only powder that I would dare to wear under my eyes.......can ya tell I like this stuff LOL...... thanks

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Buerre

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Good: Creamier than other mineral foundations. Medium coverage in one application. Not chalky. SPF 15.

The Bad: Creamy texture, the shea butter was way too greasy for my combination/oily skin. The undertone! Not sure if its yellow, orange, peach/pink or what, but it makes me look green/grey. Did not feel good on my skin - no light, mineral makeup feel at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by StacyOh1717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is great for sensitive skin.
But don't buy it if you need a lot of coverage.
It just gives you that nice natural finish and evens out your skin tone. I knew I was sold on it when I took a nap with the foundation on and my face wasn't oily afterward. When I used Bare Minerals, I would break out a lot and I'd always need to have oil blotch paper handy. That's not the case with Pur Minerals. Perfect for that everyday look.

ps: It feels like I'm wearing nothing on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by lanajito04

This product is great in coverage, especially when you use the bare minerals concealer. It does a decent job in oil control, but it could do better. I tried the Pur Minerals Oil Control gel and it really doesn't work. It doesn't clog my pores like other powders do and it's not as messy like bare minerals. It does it's job for the most part, but I just don't like the smell... it reminds me of play doh or clay.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by fuzzybluelogic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the starter kit and the primer at Ulta, the SA lured me away from Smashbox to Pur. This was awful looking. The brush was scratchy, and while it had heavy coverage, it screamed "HEEEEEAVY COVERAGE!". I gave it a second chance and very very gently dusted it on with just the white bristles of my 187 dupe.

Nope. It still looked horrible. All cracked and weird wrinkles where none were before ...like down my nose.

And then I broke out. I use the OCM so was able to clean out the very visible hundreds of clogged pores, but still had breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2009 9:26:00 AM More reviews by SlashRose

This made my sin look so gross. I couldnt tell when i was at home but in school lighting it looked cakey, my skin looked craked, pale, etc.. if u r dry or flaky DONT USE THIS. It may look good in ur bathroom lighting but try looking in ur cars side mirros outside. it will make you want to wash ur face imediatly. its WAY TO MATTE!!
NASTYYY!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by moncj66

so far so good! Well I just put it on an hour ago but its still ON after going to the store in 100+ degrees of texas heat. I can't give a thorough review yet, but im loving it right now. Its natural looking, light, covers all my acne scars, good color match, and it staying on. I wonder why no one has mentioned this to me before.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased Pur Minerals after a friend, with sensitive skin, raved about it. I was very hesitate to buy it after using and hating BE Bare Minerals. Pur Minerals is now my go-to everyday foundation. If I had to compare Pur Minerals to BE, I can say that 1.) Pur Minerals actually has a shade that matches my skintone, unlike BE. 2.) Their formula does not make my skin itch, like BE does. I live in a very humid climate (Houston) and I refuse to wear any liquid foundations in the summertime. Pur Minerals provides great light coverage, but still gives my skin a glow. I love it.