Cover Girl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Glyceryl Stearate , Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Propylene Glycol , Stearic Acid , Copernicia Cerifera Wax Carnauba , Triethanolamine , Acrylates Copolymer , Synthetic Wax , Polyvinyl Alcohol , Lecithin , Propylene Carbonate , Oleic Acid , Alcohol Denat , Xanthan Gum , Benzyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Trisodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Glycerin , Panthenol , Ethylparaben , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Simethicone , Propylparaben , Iron Oxides , Ultramarines May Contain , Titanium Dioxide May Contain

on 11/2/2008 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It's easy to overlook this mascara amongst the myriad of drugstore mascaras who get praise and attention they may or may not deserve (I'm looking at YOU, Great Lash). But this is a damn good mascara. My lashes look a lot fuller after a few coats, and it doesn't flake throughout the day. I took some points off because it doesn't hold a curl for very long. Otherwise, a superb mascara.

on 11/2/2008 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a buy again and again product, probably one of the best mascaras I've ever used. Used to walk past it due to the mid-90's packaging (ha), but yeah, stupid me was passing up on this gem for so long. Almost completely smug proof without being glue style waterproof, gives nice thick black lashes, build-able without clump-able. Good stuff.

on 10/17/2008 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My search continues for a thickning mascara. I found this wet, not too wet like most but enough that it did not hold a curl. I did not like the brush, it caused marks on my lids from swishing. It did not thicken my lashes. It flaked within minutes of drying. Not to mention it irritated my eyes. This is a no go for me =(

on 10/1/2008 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

WOW WOW!!! I had to come in here and check out the reviews first after some convincing points..I decided to get it.and I am soooooooo happy I did!! This was like $4.99 vs. those expensive ones Dior and other that I tried that went straight to the garbage....this is a GREAT thickening mascara by far the best I have tried..A++++++ CG!!!

on 9/27/2008 8:22:00 PM

whoa... i have to say that i simply just love this mascara! it lengthens and thickens ur lashes in a very natural way, which is what im looking for. however, i have straight asian lashes and this mascara uncurl my already curled lashes a bit (yes, just a bit) after application. still the product's great and the price is very affordable. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

on 9/10/2008 8:44:00 PM

My favorite mascara so far!! It lengthens and thickens dramatically for me with a few coats. It doesn't smudge and flake, which is great for contact lense wearers like myself. It was cheap for its quality and the packaging is kinda basic but at the same time, it comes in a bright reddish color, which I like. I would definitely repurchase.

on 9/9/2008 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I've been using this mascara for a few months now, and I'm in love. I've always been a mascara junkie, and feel this uncontrolable need to try every new mascara that comes out. I tried Professional mascara a while back, but it was too blah for me. Initially, I was on the hunt for Jane Hi-Fiber, but after going to about 30 stores, I came to the conclusion it was no longer available in my area. I picked up STL instead, since it had good reviews on MUA. It's only around $4.00, but if you're lucky you'll catch it BOGO at Rite Aid, use two $1 off coupons, and get two for $2.00. The tube lasts forever, however when it gets older it definitely dries up a bit. Not enough to throw away, but enough to notice. This will not give you super dramatic lashes, but it will add volume and length for a natrual/semi-dramatic lash look. You will need a lash comb, which is a given for volumizing mascaras. The brush is nice and short, so you can reach those little lashes that hardly exist. It lasts all day/night without smudging or flaking. Overall I'd buy this again, and would recommend it to anyone.

Edit: Bumped my rating down to a 2. I stopped using this for a while and started using mascaras from L'Oreal, including Voluminous and my most recent favorite DE Beauty Tubes. After using them, I couldn't go back to STL. It's ok for a basic, slightly volumizing mascara, but it's not even close to what I'm looking for. I've also noticed that the mascara dries out quickly, causing it to clump and become more difficult to apply.

This was my main mascara for a while. I have since moved on to other mascaras, but I still like Super Thick Lash. It lengthens, thickens, and defines. It comes off easily but stays put all day. It doesn't really hold a curl all day but I still think this mascara is really nice. I think that someday, when I'm done experimenting with mascaras, I'll come back for this one as an everyday-yet-still-fairly-dramatic mascara :) Give it a shot.

on 7/25/2008 10:54:00 PM

I was new to the realm of mascara and trying to find the "right" mascara. Even though I am still on the hunt, things have been narrowed down, thank goodness!
But at the time I figured you couldn't beat the price for what was being offered.
I wasn't crazy about it though. It didn't do much for my lashes except clump and flake. However it did have it's moments when it cooperated and my lashes did look nice, but it was not very often.
Now I noticed the packaging had changed so maybe the formula has too? For the price It wouldn't hurt to try it again now that I am more experienced with a wand, but when I think about the days where I had thick clumpy eyelashes I banish the thought.

on 7/23/2008 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I am trying everything that has a 3.7-4.0. I have liked nothing....the one mascara that I liked scored a 2.0. I dont know about this web page