Cover Girl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Glyceryl Stearate , Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Propylene Glycol , Stearic Acid , Copernicia Cerifera Wax Carnauba , Triethanolamine , Acrylates Copolymer , Synthetic Wax , Polyvinyl Alcohol , Lecithin , Propylene Carbonate , Oleic Acid , Alcohol Denat , Xanthan Gum , Benzyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Trisodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Glycerin , Panthenol , Ethylparaben , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Simethicone , Propylparaben , Iron Oxides , Ultramarines May Contain , Titanium Dioxide May Contain

on 1/4/2009 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this mascara. Got it at Target for under $5, I believe. Anyways, this is a really good mascara for an everyday look. It give decent volume and length & doesn't clump

However, after a while, it just started flaking on me a lot. It was probably because I had this mascara for a long time (> 6 months) and it just dried out. Also, Cover Girl tests on animals. While I don't have the willpower to swear off CG products because of that, I'm constantly looking for replacements. I may repurchase if I can't find something else, but chances are I won't.

on 12/16/2008 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I already have lashes that are long, thick and curled - wearing too much mascara (ie. more than 1 coat) makes my eyes look very scary. My goal has always been to find an inexpensive (under $8)natural looking waterproof mascara that does not clump. It sounds impossible - it probably is. I've tried every drugstore mascara and haven't found anything. I remember trying Super Thick Lash about four years ago (because I read the reviews here!), I don't remember why I stopped. I guess that I wanted to try something new (also, at the time, I really liked a dramatic look) The mascara gives me thick feathery lashes that are mine, but enhanced. It is perfect for daytime (with 1 coat) and good for nighttime as well (1.5 to 2 coats).

I have to emphasize that this is a natural looking mascara that is for volume. Your lashes will look thicker - but not longer - and as since it is pretty natural, it won't likely hold a curl. It is a pretty mascara for everyday and to me, it has been perfect. The only thing is that it is not waterproof - it is marketed as "smudgeproof" and I have to say that this is true. On me, it does not bugdge or flake or anything. It is also fairly easy to remove. The packaging is not the most sophisticated - it has a bright pinky-red tube - but it is basic and gets the job done. I also like the wand - it is not too long nor too thick, it is long enough to be able to get into your lashes and reach the little ones. Before I forget, the brush itself is medium-sized, it is a good size (for me) because you can really go ahead and reach every lash. Also, the formula is neither too wet or dry, meaning that you can put it on and it wont smear all over your face (Great Lash, I'm looking at you) or be too dry so that it can't spread.

Overall, I really like this mascara but I don't think it is for everybody. It gives a pretty but subtle daytime look, which is perfect for me. (Anything else and I genuinely do look like Tammy Faye). I will definitely purchase this again, it was $5. The only bad thing about this mascara is that it rarely goes on sale. Sometimes the other Cover Girl Professional mascaras can be had for $3.99 or less but they don't include this one, even though it is also part of the Professional family. (On the body of the mascara it says "Professional" although the emphasis is really on "Super Thick Lash"). Still, it's cheap enough for me to be able to afford it (even on a crazy student budget) every 3 months.

on 11/8/2008 6:48:00 PM

Meh: nothing special. I love the all-in-one professional mascara (CG) so I saw the reviews here and though I'd try to make my lashes more dramatic with this one. I've only used it between coats of all-in-one. It does add volume, but not as dramatically as I'd hoped. I'm also disappointed that it doesn't come in a curved brush.

on 11/7/2008 6:39:00 PM

out of all the mascaras i've tried i think this is my favorite so far. it gives a good amount of volume, not super thick, but decent. its not clumpy and the brush is easy to handle with. i gave it a 4 because it doesnt really lengthen

on 11/2/2008 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It's easy to overlook this mascara amongst the myriad of drugstore mascaras who get praise and attention they may or may not deserve (I'm looking at YOU, Great Lash). But this is a damn good mascara. My lashes look a lot fuller after a few coats, and it doesn't flake throughout the day. I took some points off because it doesn't hold a curl for very long. Otherwise, a superb mascara.

on 11/2/2008 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a buy again and again product, probably one of the best mascaras I've ever used. Used to walk past it due to the mid-90's packaging (ha), but yeah, stupid me was passing up on this gem for so long. Almost completely smug proof without being glue style waterproof, gives nice thick black lashes, build-able without clump-able. Good stuff.

on 10/17/2008 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My search continues for a thickning mascara. I found this wet, not too wet like most but enough that it did not hold a curl. I did not like the brush, it caused marks on my lids from swishing. It did not thicken my lashes. It flaked within minutes of drying. Not to mention it irritated my eyes. This is a no go for me =(

on 10/1/2008 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

WOW WOW!!! I had to come in here and check out the reviews first after some convincing points..I decided to get it.and I am soooooooo happy I did!! This was like $4.99 vs. those expensive ones Dior and other that I tried that went straight to the garbage....this is a GREAT thickening mascara by far the best I have tried..A++++++ CG!!!

on 9/27/2008 8:22:00 PM

whoa... i have to say that i simply just love this mascara! it lengthens and thickens ur lashes in a very natural way, which is what im looking for. however, i have straight asian lashes and this mascara uncurl my already curled lashes a bit (yes, just a bit) after application. still the product's great and the price is very affordable. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

on 9/10/2008 8:44:00 PM

My favorite mascara so far!! It lengthens and thickens dramatically for me with a few coats. It doesn't smudge and flake, which is great for contact lense wearers like myself. It was cheap for its quality and the packaging is kinda basic but at the same time, it comes in a bright reddish color, which I like. I would definitely repurchase.