Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 10/26/2010 10:30:00 PM

I've been hunting for a foundation suitable for my combination skin for quite some time now and when I say combination skin, I've got the whole spectrum of problems from super, super oily T-zone, acne-prone and dry areas. My main issue with foundations is that they tend to come off during the day due to the oil from my skin and the fact that I need to blot at LEAST twice in a working day (to look like a normal human). I live in Australia and to my knowledge Rimmel's 25hr foundation hasn't been released yet, so I bought this foundation for the interim. PROS: It's not a HG product but it's definitely got good staying power, perhaps not 24hrs but definitely for a 12hr+ day in my experience. It doesn't rub off with blotting and doesn't start to look cakey by the end of the day like lots of other foundations I've tried in the past. For me, it's also lasted on hotter days, so sweat hasn't destroy my coverage. Provides excellent coverage without looking flat/matte (however this may be attributable to my recent changing to a fibre optic brush <3). I've been using it for 3 weeks now and it hasn't caused any breakouts. Also it doesn't smell bad or like anything for that matter which is a massive bonus. CONS: you need to be careful with the application, especially if you're requiring heavier coverage, you need to build the foundation VERY gradually or else it can look caked on. Blending also needs to be relatively quick because it dries quite quickly - this shouldn't be a problem if you use a small amount at a time and be careful around any creased areas like around the eyes. When I tried the foundations on for colour, I'd have to say that this foundation has been by far one of the most misleading in terms of how it looks in the bottle and how it actually looks on skin. Many of the shades were orange or pink and I think my colour (Classic Beige) was one of the few normal skin colours available. So try before you buy is my tip and for people with paler skin, just a heads up...most of the paler shades had horrible pink undertones, the colour one's skin might be if one were sunburnt. And as other people have said...the packaging well and truly sucks...I'm so paranoid that I'm going to accidentally tip the bottle over while it's open one day. SUMMARY: It's a decent foundation (if you can find a shade that matches your skin tone) and has temporarily solved my foundation gripe: of being wiped off from blotting or sweated/oiled off. Still I would like something that does all the good things that this foundation does but for a longer time period i.e. literally 24hrs.

on 10/24/2010 3:31:00 PM

I bought this last September, I was very excited from all the good reviews it recieved. I applied it and my face looked smooth and wonderful. it was also very buildable and lovely to apply. I just had two problems with this foundation, it always oxidized on me which left me with a makeup line and looking orange, and it didn't give me the coverage I needed. it definitely made my face look amazing until it oxidizes. :(

on 10/21/2010 6:59:00 AM

It's ok. Looks good and natural for a couple of hours, covers well, and feels nice on the skin. However it doesnt stay 24 h, 10h or even 5 h, it looks nice about 3-4hours and then becomes oily mess... And my skin isnt that oily now... Dream liquid works much better for a cheap foundation.

on 10/11/2010 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I started using this foundation about a week ago, after I head such good things about it on Youtube. I'm actually quite impressed with this product. It gives me great coverage and doesn't cake up where my dry skin is most noticable. It layers quite nicely, & I've had no problems with it dissapearing throughout my day, so I love that all I need to do to touch up is add a little translucent powder.

The only reason I gave this product a 4 instead of 5 is that I really hate that it doesn't have a pump! The application process & cleanliness would be so much better if there was a simple pump put in, & I wouldn't mind paying extra! :) Hope this helps :) If you have any questions don't hesistate to ask :)

on 10/9/2010 11:17:00 PM

I have been reading TONS of reviews on this, not knowing wether to buy it or not. After long and hard think, i did.
It was $22 (australian money) in Target, but i found it in Safeway for $18 (australian money) so got it a little cheaper, AWESOME!
I got classic ivory (30) and was super scared it was going to be to dark, but no, It's awesome.
It's coverage is AMAZING! I have a few pimples and redness around my nose, and it covers it all, without concealer!
I don't mind about it not having a pump at all, just be careful.
It's easy to blend and work with.
I have an oilt t-zone and i've been for a run out in the HOT Australian sun, and it looks the exact same as when i applied it.
I didn't use a primer or powder or anything, just the foundation.
I love it. Good price, and amazing.
Is a must buy!!! P.S. It doesnt smell gross like that revlon Colourstay!!!!

on 10/7/2010 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm so disappointed. Superstay is the only foundation I have used in a very long time that has actually left my skin looking "cakey". I couldn't believe it. After about half a day of wearing superstay my skin looked so oily, extremely oily, even when I had set it with a powder. Gross. Save your money girls and get the Revlon Colorstay. I gave it an extra point just because it does blend nicely and the color I got was my exact shade. Too bad. I won't re-purchase.

on 10/4/2010 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

It's ok, but in order for it to look good you must layer gradually and blend in with a mineral finish.

on 10/3/2010 10:52:00 AM

Absolutely hideous foundation, this one. I bought it a while back and figured it might be for me because it was long wearing and I have combination skin. WRONG!! This product slid off my face after an hour even when using a primer and setting with a powder. It just did not work for me at all. Even right after applying, the finish did not floor me one bit. If you all were me, I'd stay away from this foundation at all costs! Superstay? Yah right!! I'll stick with my Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse...that cream foundation lasts eons longer than this supposed "Superstay".

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

on 10/1/2010 1:09:00 PM

I just bought this product at Walgreens. I was debating whether to try Maybelline's dream foundations but was skeptical after reading that people had breakouts after using them. Overall, I like the feel of this foundation. It actually spreads on my face. Usually, the color-stay foundations that I have tried in the past usually stick like glue and feel gross. This foundation felt soft and went on nicely. My only complaint is the color. I chose nude because I thought this would be not too light, not too dark. It seemed a bit orange-y to be honest. I tend to have yellow/beige-y undertones so a lot of the times foundations are too pink or turn a weird orange. The best foundation for my skin was Neutrogena's healthy foundation in golden bisque. They have since redesigned their product and I can't seem to find that shade anymore! Back to Superstay foundation-I may just need to try a different shade. I am not sure if this will be my first choice when it is time to buy foundation again but I would at least consider buying it again sometime in the future.

on 9/23/2010 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this foundation. I needed something that would last all day with minimal touch-ups - This is definitely it. I got this in classic beige. It's not orange at all. Doesn't oxidize. Hasn't clogged my pores or given me any zits. :) I set this with a translucent powder and it stays looking fresh all day. The finish is a mix b/t dewy & matte. A little of both. Just a healthy glow really.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who's looking for coverage that last all day.