November 28, 2014 | 1931 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Explosion

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by mnmbrown

I was so excited about this stuff. It looked strange but had really intriguing claims and ads so I bought it. Never again. The applicator brush is really long and really flimsy. I don't have like really thick lashes but I bet if you did you could break it with the pressure it would put on it. Maybe if it was shorter and thicker you could use it the way they suggest but it's so long and bendy you really just can't. The mascara is globby and hard to get off the brush, it so hard to scrap some off on the rim of the tube which I do with everything. It made my lashes clump together like a mohawk. Don't do it, I say this for your own good.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by funkykingston1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think it's a case of finding the right way to apply this: what i do is curl my eyelashes, add a layer to all my lashes, wait for it to almost dry then just put some on the ends of my eyelashes to lengthen then a bit- i don't like wearing too much makeup. it's a good applicator, although you do have to make sure you get rid of the mascara that builds up at the top and underneath the spiky ball. I wouldn't buy it again because i always buy a different mascara - there are so many out there to try! but if your looking for dramatic eyelashes i'd definitely go for something else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite mascara! I usually use lash blast by CG but my mom got me this for my birthday.She knows I love trying mascara out! It makes my lashes look just as good as when I use lash blast.It makes them super long.The only thing I dont like is a lot of mascara is on the wand and ball so clumps up easy.If you wipe it off before you use it its fine though

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by VegasGirlatHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this mascara! It's amazing! I bought it for the intention of using for my bottom lashes..and it makes applying mascara to those tiny lashes a breeze! Notthe most volumizing mascara..but what it lacks in volume, it makes up in lengthening power twice over!

For a drugstore macara..it's a little pricey..but compared to Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes (at around $30), it's dirt cheap!

My only problem is how long the wand is...the Phenomen'Eyes' wand is much shorter (now I'm talken the wand itself, not the bristles), and I feel with the shorter wand, that I have much more control then I do with the Telescopic Explosions very long and skinny wand.

Other than that one downfall for me, I absolutely love this mascara and will continue to repurchase the rest of my life!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by CellarDoor2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am normally a big fan of L'Oreal mascaras, and while I may like some of them more than others, I had never really tried a L'Oreal mascara that I just hated and could not keep using (with the exception of L'Oreal Volume Shocking Mascara - see review). That being said, I really hated Telescopic Explosion. I bought it only because I had been so intrigued by the odd ball applicator, thinking it looked like one of those torture devices from the middle ages. Well...what can I say, a torture device, indeed! Holding the applicator vertically (like they recommend) was very uncomfortable, but would be worth it if it led to great results, which it didn't. It made my average-length lashes look like a spider's legs after it had been squished on the floor. Very spidery and uneven. It almost looked like my lashes had split ends, which has never happened to me with any other mascara. Very obvious, very "hey, I'm wearing mascara!" (in a bad way) look. The only thing about it that deserves even just 1 star is it did make my lashes look thicker, but that's only because the applicator loads so much product onto the lashes, which, to me, is a bad thing. I mostly look for length in a mascara, not volume, but I can't imagine even a person looking for volume wearing this one, only because the look it creates is so uneven, unnatural and kind of trashy. It was so gooey and messy, that it was even hard to close the mascara tightly, as the product got all over the tube opening. Once again, I get reassured that there is absolutely no better mascara out there than L'Oreal Telescopic Clean Definition (the silver tube), which I just keep buying in bulk over and over again. Love that one.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by PrincessTango

I love the regular Telescopic line, but find only lengthening with that, no volume.
I thought I'd try the Telescopic Explosion Mascara.
I agree with many other posters here - this is useful for the bottom lashes only. I will likely use my Lash Stiletto for the upper lashes and this for the bottom. Can you say high-maintenance?!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by dreagonzalez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hated this mascara. Clumps, product gets everywhere. Went straight into the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by jerseyfresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought this mascara would be great for separating each lash but due to the design I feel like I have to re-learn how to apply the product. The spiky ball doesn't have bristles on the very end, which would be helpful.
It makes my lashes stick together...I think it has to do with the runny-nes of the formula. Over all it is stick and runny and the wand looks novel but doesn't do anything special.
In a nutshell "hot-mess"

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Bonba2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this for the brush, Love the brush, mascara is does not clump and is pretty waterproof to my surprise. I don't think it last very long for the price. Not sure if I will purchase again or just use the brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Mel670

i don't know why i thought a sea urchin on a stick would be a good idea for applying mascara. I can't believe how much i hate this mascara.

i was looking forward to the "fanned-out" lashes that were touted in the commercial but instead i have spikey, clumpy lashes. going back to fiberwig asap!