L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion

2.6

on 2/7/2010 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because I adore Rimmel Sexy Curves which has a round ball on the end of it's brush, it really helps me to get every lash. This mascara unfortunately did not work as well, it's very clumpy, so much so that I could not get the mascara to declump or stop smudging. The applicator might have been fine but who knows because the product was so awful. Far too much work to get this product to look decent and it barely even lengthens and does not separate my lashes at all, not worth the effort. Waste of money, would not repurchase.

on 2/6/2010 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This mascara is horrible. Was very clumpy and gave me spidery lashes. Looked terrible on. The bally wand was ok but deposited mascara all under my lower lashes. Thumbs down on this one.

on 2/6/2010 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was intrigued by the thought of using the ball applicator and didn't want to shell out for the Givenchy. I don't usually go for lengthening mascaras...I lik eadded volume so I didn't really have high expectations for this product. I was pleasantly surprised bc it did make my lashes look great. It did volumize moreso than other lengthening lashes so I liked that, but the added length was pretty impressive. I have small Asian eyes, so the ball is nice bc it really gets into the corner. Some things I don't like...one is that bc the ball is small, it takes forever to coat all the lashes since you can only do a little bit at a time (I might use other mascars to coat my lashes then just pull this out for the corners...cuz seriously that would take less time). The one place I can imagine that Givency got it right but Loreal didn't is that the handle/stick is way too long and flimsy. It's hard to control when it's so long (and from my understanding, the Givenchy has a really short handle/stick). I actually didn't notice any clumping. On some occassions, I did have raccoon eyes by the end of the night (mascara rubbed off under my lower lashline), but that wasn't everyday...I figure when it's hot out and my skin is more oily/sweaty, that will be a bigger problem. I also don't love the $11 pricetag for a drugstore brand. All things considered, I actually liked the formulation so I gave it a 4, although my heart would rather give a 3.5

on 2/5/2010 10:45:00 PM

I was so excited about this stuff. It looked strange but had really intriguing claims and ads so I bought it. Never again. The applicator brush is really long and really flimsy. I don't have like really thick lashes but I bet if you did you could break it with the pressure it would put on it. Maybe if it was shorter and thicker you could use it the way they suggest but it's so long and bendy you really just can't. The mascara is globby and hard to get off the brush, it so hard to scrap some off on the rim of the tube which I do with everything. It made my lashes clump together like a mohawk. Don't do it, I say this for your own good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I think it's a case of finding the right way to apply this: what i do is curl my eyelashes, add a layer to all my lashes, wait for it to almost dry then just put some on the ends of my eyelashes to lengthen then a bit- i don't like wearing too much makeup. it's a good applicator, although you do have to make sure you get rid of the mascara that builds up at the top and underneath the spiky ball. I wouldn't buy it again because i always buy a different mascara - there are so many out there to try! but if your looking for dramatic eyelashes i'd definitely go for something else.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is my favorite mascara! I usually use lash blast by CG but my mom got me this for my birthday.She knows I love trying mascara out! It makes my lashes look just as good as when I use lash blast.It makes them super long.The only thing I dont like is a lot of mascara is on the wand and ball so clumps up easy.If you wipe it off before you use it its fine though

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this mascara! It's amazing! I bought it for the intention of using for my bottom lashes..and it makes applying mascara to those tiny lashes a breeze! Notthe most volumizing mascara..but what it lacks in volume, it makes up in lengthening power twice over!

For a drugstore macara..it's a little pricey..but compared to Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes (at around $30), it's dirt cheap!

My only problem is how long the wand is...the Phenomen'Eyes' wand is much shorter (now I'm talken the wand itself, not the bristles), and I feel with the shorter wand, that I have much more control then I do with the Telescopic Explosions very long and skinny wand.

Other than that one downfall for me, I absolutely love this mascara and will continue to repurchase the rest of my life!

on 2/3/2010 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am normally a big fan of L'Oreal mascaras, and while I may like some of them more than others, I had never really tried a L'Oreal mascara that I just hated and could not keep using (with the exception of L'Oreal Volume Shocking Mascara - see review). That being said, I really hated Telescopic Explosion. I bought it only because I had been so intrigued by the odd ball applicator, thinking it looked like one of those torture devices from the middle ages. Well...what can I say, a torture device, indeed! Holding the applicator vertically (like they recommend) was very uncomfortable, but would be worth it if it led to great results, which it didn't. It made my average-length lashes look like a spider's legs after it had been squished on the floor. Very spidery and uneven. It almost looked like my lashes had split ends, which has never happened to me with any other mascara. Very obvious, very "hey, I'm wearing mascara!" (in a bad way) look. The only thing about it that deserves even just 1 star is it did make my lashes look thicker, but that's only because the applicator loads so much product onto the lashes, which, to me, is a bad thing. I mostly look for length in a mascara, not volume, but I can't imagine even a person looking for volume wearing this one, only because the look it creates is so uneven, unnatural and kind of trashy. It was so gooey and messy, that it was even hard to close the mascara tightly, as the product got all over the tube opening. Once again, I get reassured that there is absolutely no better mascara out there than L'Oreal Telescopic Clean Definition (the silver tube), which I just keep buying in bulk over and over again. Love that one.

I love the regular Telescopic line, but find only lengthening with that, no volume.
I thought I'd try the Telescopic Explosion Mascara.
I agree with many other posters here - this is useful for the bottom lashes only. I will likely use my Lash Stiletto for the upper lashes and this for the bottom. Can you say high-maintenance?!

Hated this mascara. Clumps, product gets everywhere. Went straight into the trash.