August 1, 2014 | 1046 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Explosion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by debbick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first I liked this mascara and had no problem adapting to the brush. It does make my lashes long and curled but it leaves my lashes looking like spider lashes. Now I use a lash primer and regular mascara to thicken my lashes and this to finish off the look for length and curl. I'm going to try the Givenchy version next.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Vae

I was excited to try this product since I liked the brush idea, but unfortunately I had several problems with it.

The brush held a lot of product, so it went on thick and clumpy, and even going through it with a lash comb after it dried didn't manage to take out all the clumpiness. The small brush size worked a little better to get mascara from the base to the tip of every lash, but it also took longer to apply than using a normal wand.

The product immediately straightened out my eyelashes when I applied it directly after curling them - the most dramatic straightening I can remember experiencing with any mascara that I've tried.

After several hours of wear, the mascara flaked quite a bit onto my lower eyelids. However, despite the flaking, at least the mascara didn't smear or melt.

Overall I was unsatisfied with the mascara and don't plan to even continue using the tube I purchased. I may experiment by trying the brush with another type of mascara, though, as many of my problems were probably due to the formulation rather than the brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by MoonLightOnWater

I was satisfied with the formula, but the wand is a little tricky and it takes a minute to get familiar with...though it does work pretty well, it takes a bit longer to lash-up and I'm not willing to take the extra five minutes to do the lashes....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this mascara up at CVS because with the sale and a coupon it was less than $3. I don't normally wear L'Oreal products, and wouldn't have normally picked up this mascara, but I was out, and it was cheap. The concept is interesting, but there is a learning curve for the wand, and it does take a few minutes longer to apply and get the look I want. I cannot stress enough: the wand must be held vertically rather than horizontally. The first time I used this, I loved the result. My lashes are already long, but not full or defined. This mascara had a lengthening and defining effect. However, with extended use, I find the wand picks up more and more product, which is either transfered to the lashes, or wasted in a tissue. The color is very black, and does tned to flake. If you have the time, the effect can be dramatic. However, I would rather use a cheaper, traditional mascara and save the time.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Seronda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awful, I returned it (something that is very rare for me) and took the money to put gas in the car.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by ash10spro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

When I first bought this mascara, I LOVED it. Now as I have it for a little longer, it's not what I really hoped for. Yes, the brush is very nice for those hard to reach lashes and is a great alternative to givenchy's version, but I just really couldn't stand the fact that the product gets all "gloopy" and stuck right behind the ball shaped brush. Because of this, you have to be careful you don't touch the wand to your face/ accidentally get a stray hair in your way or you'll have a mess on your hands. Also, the stopper in the bottle is quite strange and has really begun to annoy me. It doesn't really scrape excess product off; instead the excess product collects in the opening of the bottle and gets all clumpy and gross. I find myself frequently using a q-tip to wipe all the clumpy mess off the top of my stopper so that the clumpiness doesn't end up on my lashes. All in all, it does make your lashes longer. Fuller? Not so much for me, unless I layer another mascara with a normal wand over it. However the color is great, the lengthening is good, but I just can't be hassled with bad packaging and a stubborn wand anymore. For how much I paid for this (it was new and just came out) I'll try out some other drugstore mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was hesitant to try this, because normally my lashes don't respond to anything but the bigger, thicker brushes; however, I was super surprised at how much longer and more defined just one coat of this mascara made my lashes look!

PROS: Great at definition and length; the brush really gets every single lash; flexible wand; good if you're looking for a natural look; nice as a "base mascara" if you layer yours with another mascara

CONS: Doesn't hold a curl well; flakes/clumps fairly easily; not a very dramatic look

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by mallorylady

This mascara has a great concept. The brush is fantastic however the formula isnt great. It is extremely creamy and thick, which is okay for the first three days. After that however, mascara collects on the wand, the brush and around the opening of the tube. The formula doesnt dry quickly and it doesnt give the clean look the LashBlast from Covergirl does. Its fantastic at getting those hard to reach lashes, but once you do, its not satisfying. it also takes forever to apply. I wish I could stick this brush in a different formula mascara. Great concept, poor execution.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by heyybabee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first, I was excited to use this because even though it got some pretty mixed reviews, I decided to be optimistic and hope for the best. The first time I used it, it was over a volumizing mascara and I was actually quite impressed. It made my lashes look great. I thought hey, for the price this is actually pretty good. Not the best for volume, but it was great at lengthening. But the next day I used it and for some reason it didn't look as good. I even did my mascara the exact way I had the day before. I'm not sure what happened but I wouldn't say this is a HG mascara for me. I also agree with other reviews about the color being grey-ish blue. It does not look black at ALL. *Sigh* Oh well, the search continues for a mascara that makes my lashes look perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by HunieBzzz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this last night and used it today. I already hate it. It clumps and the wand is too flimsy. Save your money with this one. I'm going back to Covergirl Lash Blast.