Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I use this foundation in color clove. I love it its so natural looking but a bit to dewy for me so I pair it with perfecty real powder in shade 148N and It looks so natural and smooth

on 7/3/2011 8:47:00 AM

Best foundation ever! I have been using clinique products for 3 years and since I started using the even better foundation I can't leave the house without it! It provides good coverage over some scarring I have, but it doesn't feel heavy or cakey and leaves a fresh, dewy finish that I love.Surprisingly enough I've found that it has lightened my pigmentation a bit, which is definitely a plus because I thought that was impossible! Though it's a bit pricey for a foundation when compared to other drugstore foundations, you definitely get what you pay for in my opinion

on 7/1/2011 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

OMG, I tried this in the store with a kinda dimmed lighting, with the superbalanced loose powder! It looked good but the next day I put them both on in natural daylight and HATED IT!!!!!!!
Its too heavy, muddy, and not as blendable as I thought! So I took it off, tried to use only the superbalanced powder on it's own, and it was perfect! So natural, light, and skin could breathe. evened out my skin a bit, but I dont need that much coverage anyway. My skin is olive but my face is lighter so I always need a good pigmented makeup to match my face up with my body's colour (i always protect my face from the sun thats why my body has a tanner colour) and yeah!
I do NOT recommend "even better".... it made even my natural skin look perfect when I removed it lol! Dont get it, you can get something better for around that price you just need to look around first, which I plan to do tomorrow... when I return this makeup! lol

on 6/27/2011 10:15:00 PM

I envy those of you who have found the perfect foundation. I have very problematic skin: uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, large pores, etc. It's a hot mess.

With all the raves that Clinique gets and the promises of the Even Better liine, I went to the counter at Macy's and asked the salesperson to help me find a concealer and foundation. She found a decent color match for me, but the concealer and foundation barely cover any of my flaws. If you have serious age spots like me, don't bother. It will NOT give you the coverage you need, even after trying to build with several layers.

After applying, my skin always appeared oily/shiny. The salesperson had recommended the Perfectly Real Compact Makeup to brush on over the Even Better liquid foundation. It helped reduce the shine, but it didn't have any lasting power on my skin.

I'm writing this update on 7/31/11:
I've now tried a number of different foundations, and I'm finding that even though Clinique's Even Better foundation isn't great, it's sure a lot better than drugstore brands, as well as higher-end brands. Though it still doesn't cover as many as my flaws as I'd like, I found that as long as I use Dermablend setting powder to set the makeup, it stays on most of the day. Unlike other foundations, this one doesn't settle into and emphasize my pores.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I wanted to like this. And I did, except for the colors. Tried it in the store intending to buy it, and just about every shade was too dark and/or too yellow for my skin.

I did love everything else about it. It feels very light, but pigmented. Consistency, texture, etc. was just right, but there was no shade to match my skin color/tone. :"( Probably great for people with warm skintones.

on 6/24/2011 1:34:00 PM

Just had to share this with the fair-skinned ladies - there's a new range of colors out this summer - the Linen worked best for me, it's lighter than the #3 and much more neutral than #2 which was way too pink for my cool/neutral (NC 20) skin. I saw the new colors on the Clinique website after reading reviews the colors were dark. I did have to try 3 different stores before I found one that had the new shades in stock.

I hope this helps.

on 6/24/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have oily skin that is combination/oily in winter. I'm NW20 in MAC and was matched with 04 Cream Chamois, which I have to say was the best colour match I've ever gotten in a foundation!
I found this fdtn easy to apply and blend, it looks really natural on my skin and gives me medium coverage, which is all I want as my skin is pretty good, just a little uneven in tone.
I got this fdtn going into winter when my skin was drier. But I found that I had to blot a couple of times during the day, and it would migrate into the small smile lines near my mouth.
While this didn't quite work for my skin type, I think it would be really nice on normal skin.

on 6/23/2011 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff, gives me full coverage which I have to have. Leaves my skin with a smoother texture. It has good staying power as well and is great on my sensitive skin.

on 6/20/2011 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

this foundation was just okay. it could feel very thick at times and made my nose pretty oily despite my setting it with powder in the morning. i would still have to blot halfway through the day, and that was whatever was leftover of it by then. the coverage is sheer-medium, and since i am trying to cover acne scars that really isnt appropriate, which is irritating because the foundation is designed specifically for that. i tested at home with the different levels of coverage, and the only way i could possibly be comfortable with the coverage was if i put 2-3 layers, (which i am not accustomed to, i usually just have a little bit of foundation or powder depending on the occasion, and never both) and it looked a little cakey. im definitely not a cakeface and am not comfortable with that amount of makeup on my face all day. i have acne-prone sensitive skin so that much would probably break me out. i haven't worn it for a long time on a daily basis because i got a sample. i got matched to Ginger.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation, although I don't know if it's made that much of a difference on my face. I think it's evened out my skin tone a little, but that could be my imagination. I also just started using this foundation recently, so I'll give it a couple of weeks before I start to judge it. I do love how this foundation feels on my face, and the coverage it provides. It does have staying power, even when I wear it alone with no primer or powder to set it. The only problem is that it tends to sink into the lines on my face, which is a little bothersome. I just give it 20 minutes to set on my face, then use my fingers to go over the places where it's sunk into the fine lines on my face, and just spread it out. Other than that, this foundation feels great on my skin, and hopefully is good for my skin as well!