November 23, 2014 | 1673 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by mrsbjones06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! I have it in golden neutral and its a tad bit too dark but it goes on so smooth and covers all my imperfections. I have acne scars and hyperpigmentaion and it covers it all. This foundation is full coverage which i love due to the my bad skin. I will be sticking to this foundation and will DEFINITELY purchase again

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by arktikos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a 42 year old fair skin woman, with melasma/brown discoloration on my face. My skin tends to be dry on cheeks and forehead, so I decided it was time to try a liquid foundation, rather than mineral powder foundation, that I needed lotion and primer under. I was hoping to skip a couple of steps, and wanted to find a liquid foundation with good coverage.
Well, I foolishly ordered this foundation from clinique online. I chose Alabaster- and what a fiasco. It was orange on my skin! it is fair to say that I am pale, with cool undertones, so this make-up looked clownish on me. It did appear dewy, the coverage was good, but the color was ridiculous. This is not a good make-up for a pale lady.
I thought perhaps there was a manufacturing mistake, went to a Clinique counter at Macys, and tried both Alabaster and Ivory colors- they were both horribly dark.
If you are pale skinned, you may want to avoid this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by mseliizaabeth

I'm always in search of the "holy grail" foundation. I've been wearing even better for over 9 months now, and I haven't even tried on others. I'm young, about 19 with dry-normal skin. And considering my age, breakouts is always a risk. I've noticed this foundation has actually improved the texture and clarity of my skin. I don't think its even looked this good. It applies dewy with about %70 coverage, but it stays on for about 8 hours, give or take without oxidizing. I would not recommend this for someone with dewy skin however. The true test is still to come, the heat and extreme humidity of the midwest summer. Haha

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used MAC's Studio Sculpt for several years but suddenly my skin doesn't like any of the MAC foundations anymore. I decided to give Clinique's Even Better foundation a try since they had a GWP going on.

The bottle is nice in that it is very sanitary but it is hard to tell how much foundation you are getting and if you get too much it's wasted since you can't wipe it back into the bottle. That said though I find I rarely get to much out. The foundation itself is a nice not too thin liquid that spreads evenly and easily. The coverage is medium. It covers redness well but you will still need a concealer. This won't cover blemishes or dark spots but it does blur the appearance so that it gives a nice even texture. It dries quickly to a nice semi-matte finish. I still need to powder over it since I have slightly oily skin. It wears all day with only a quick re-powder about mid-day for me. The colors seem to look darker when you first squeeze it out of the bottle and then as you smooth it over you skin it seems to lighten and blend in perfectly. So far no breakouts or irritation from this foundation. I would call this a winner.

Edit: Since Estee Lauder has decided to do animal testing so they can sell in China...I will NOT use this again. Too bad this was a good foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Happyfaced

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've steered clear of Clinique foundation ever since a SA put a really orange one on me a few years ago and told me that it looked perfect. However, a few days ago, I saw a coupon offering a 10 day supply of foundation if I visited a Clinique counter, so I thought I'd give them a second chance.

I'm glad I did. I have quite fair skin (in between porcelain & nude in Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser), but Alabaster 01 was a good shade for me. It wsn't orange, as I'd feared. It's still a teeny bit dark, but I am very fair.

The SA applied Even Better 01 to one side and Superbalanced 01 on the other. The 01 colour was absolutely identical for each side, but the texture was very different. Superbalanced was very dewy and seemed to have the texture of a tinted moisturiser, just with a little more coverage. I found it a bit sticky. Even Better was glowy but definitely had less of a sheen. It covered flaws including pinkness on my eyelids, darkness under my eyes, and red marks from past acne spots, but it definitely didn't look matte /cakey. You could still see my skin and a few tiny flaws, but I like this as I think 100% coverage looks false and flat, like a mask. I'd say this is 60-80% coverage.

I do need powder to set it, as I find it lasts only about four hours before starting to wear off a little, but even without powder, I still look ten times better than I do bare faced!

Would repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy Clinique Even Better liquid foundation after trying a sample. My shade is in "creamwhip" which is a perfect shade for my skintone. This foundation goes on smooth (a little goes a long way), it corrects my redness around my chin, and corrects uneven skin on my cheekbones. There is no greasy feeling (it's oil-free) and it feels very light on my skin even thou it is a medium coverage foundation. Even Better also lasted very well for 12 hours (my usual work hours). This is not a cheap product but it is not outrageouslly expensive either. It's affordable to my blue collar. The bottle is perfect, made of plastic so it isn't heavy, and it has a "drop" tip which is more sanitary and I don't end up with a mess around the lid. I will purchase this foundation again and again for sure. My review doesn't give it 5 lippies because I rated the price at a 3 since it isn't dirt cheap. But according to my own rating system this foundation gets 5 lippies:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by LaKeast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My favourite ever foundation. It covers all my redness, is long lasting, and a wonderful natural finish. This costs £21 from Debenhams in the UK, but one bottle lasts me around 3 months, even though I use this product pretty much every day. Love it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by StephanieTaverna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried quite a few foundations and this is by far the best one I've ever tried! It definitely evens my skintone. The coverage is medium, so if you're buying for heavy coverage, don't get this! I top it with a translucent powder and it does not get oily on my skin at all! The staying power on this makeup is incredible. I did not expect it to be that good. The color also matches my skin perfectly, I'm in 03 Ivory

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such an iffy product for me. It definetley has light coverage so I domtknow why some say heavy coverage? The color matches perfectly & it doesn't oxidize. But it isn't the best for oily skin, it dries dewy& eventuay does get very oily. My mom also tried this & hated it. I would totally recommen this to someone with normal skin, with out any blemishes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using the acne solutions one for my skin problems, but when I started drying out from using so much acne products, I had to look for another one. The foundation comes out dewy looking on my skin and is very easy to stipple with my MAC187. Coverage wise, it's okay around medium coverage, which is basically all I need to cover most of my acne scars. If they made a matte version of this, I'd definitely buy!