April 20, 2014 | 1743 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Ivy415

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use it as a spot concealer once in a while since I have had it for a year now and it's unused...I mixed it with my MAC Tinted Moisturizer just to use it up and a few hours later I had clogged pores wherever I put it...My MAC never caused it so it had to be the Clinique...I also got a bunch of clogged painful pores on my chin after 2 days of usage...This also has way too many ingredients...Something in there must have not reacted well with my skin...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by weatherly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very oily skin. The saleslady told me this is a longwearing make up suitable for all skin types. The colors are terrible. I have fair, neutral but somewhat cool toned skin. She gave me a sample and thank god I tried it at home and did not leave the house for a while!! Aftre 20 minutes my face was an oil slick!!! I will stick to my HG Estee Lauder Double Wear. It is the only one that lasts on my face with decent coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by froggiegirl621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy grail worthy? Possibly. I had been using Clinique Superfit (which is now discontinued) for a few years until I noticed that the color just wasn't right for me anymore...I was using the lightest shade and it was starting to make me look orange :( I had asked the SA to recommend another formula that had a similar consistency to the Superfit, similar coverage, but was available in a lighter shade. She suggested the Even Better in Alabaster. I was pretty happy with that for about a year but recently thought maybe it was still just a smidge too dark, or maybe too pink for my skin tone. Clinique just released some new shades in the Even Better and Linen, dare I say it, seems to be a perfect match! It has a bit more of a neutral/slightly more yellow undertone to it compared to the Alabaster...so if anyone out there is/was using Alabaster because it was the lightest color available even though it wasn't a perfect match, try Linen!

As far as this helping to "even" out my skin tone, I do think my face has not been as red looking w/o makeup on, but I do think a lot of that has to do w/ introducing some new skin care products into my routine. But I don't wear this makeup every day, so that's why I can't say that this is the key to my more even skin tone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by tns5852

I got this in the lightest shade and it is still a little dark on me, clinique has makeup that all seems to have a slight orange cast, however this isn't too bad. It looks beautiful/natural and hasn't caused any breakouts and I have worn it since november! Dewy finish that doesn't do much for oily skinned people like myself, however, this stuff feels gentle on my skin and I have noticed better skin tone. I apply a minimal amount with a stippling brush and my mother and sister have been borrowing it from me since!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Lonomia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my very first liquid foundation. I chose the alabaster shade and it blends out flawlessly on my skin tone. I apply it with my fingers and then blend it out with an egg shaped sponge. It lasts all day and I never have any shine. I have oily skin as well. The only downfall for this product is its price... 30CAD at Sephora.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by catzie8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation broke me out on two different occasions. The first time I tried it was when I tested it at the department store. The next day I broke out into 3 huge, deep, painful cystic zits on my cheeks (not normal for me at all).
I waited a couple weeks for my face to heal. Then I tried it again. The next day I broke out into lots of tiny pimples around my nose, mouth and chin.
The color was good. The formula didn't wear that well with my oily skin type. But the acne it caused makes this foundation HORRIBLE in my book.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am looking for an everyday foundation to wear that is long lasting & less expensive than my Guerlain Gold.

This is a terrible terrible foundation! If I can give this a minus rating, I would do it in a heart beat!

The consistency isn't too bad & it blends easily...but the smell is revolting. ~.~ It has heavy talc fragrance that lingers on your face.
The Clinicque SA color matched me & I tried to leave it on for longer than one hour, but I just couldn't do it. All I could think of was that I wanted to go home and remove the test patch she placed on my face! The test patch was itchy after 45 minutes & when I removed the test patch, I had red rash on my skin (T.T) and they are supposed to be hypo-allergic!?!?!?!
The test patch became chalky, blotchy & very noticeable on my skin.
I am really disappointed & disgusted at this product. I can't believe the quality & it's $50AUD. A lot cheaper than Gueralain, but definitely not worth the experience.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by merimer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did not like this foundation, it breaks me out, and it does not look that natural. I love vichy aera teint foundation which does not break me out, and gives me fresh and natural looking.I won't repurchse it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this on my dry skin. I wear the lightest colour (took two attempts to get the right shade) Alabaster. It give a dewey finish, does not irritate and gives medium coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by angie7595

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When i first bought this product i thought it would be great because it would erase all dark spots and make my skin better. I was wrong. Lets start from the beginning. The packaging is not great the bottle has a tip so you have to squeeze the product out and sometimes you get too much or too little. And i'm guessing that it would be hard to get the last bit of it out of the bottle. When i applied it, it looked great and i was so happy that i bought the product. It covered all the blemishes on my face. After half an hour my skin began to look dry, flaky, and also a little cakey. I was very disappointed, I wiped it off when i got home and the next day i began to break out. I was really sad cause i thought that this product was the one i would stick with forever. Sadly, I wasted 40 bucks. :( I expect so so so much more from clinique.