Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is heavy, thick, greasy and impossible to blend. I hated it and returned it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this totally by accident. I was at the mall and Macy's had a clinique bonus time and I really wanted to get the loot they were giving away so I went in and I really only needed to spend $24.50 to get it. So I decided on a foundation. I read reviews about the even better being a good choice for my skin type and wanting to cover up hyperpigmentation spots and this claimed to "Brighten your complexion even after you take it off". So I figured.. why not? I knew I was a perfect match to the tinted moisturizer in Beige so the SA and i went down all the shade selections and ended up with Golden Neutral which was perfect. I love how it blended well w/ my skin tone and didn't leave a white or grey cast by the end of the day, wasn't irritating to my skin or caused any breakouts and lasted all day w/o rubbing off. Overall, I am happy with my purchase and I love the squeeze tube applicator it came with- makes it a lot easier to get the product out. As far as the claim for working even after you take it off, I really hadn't noticed because I change up my foundation routine on a daily basis- depending on my mood.

I use Clinique face products (7-day Scrub, Yellow Lotion, Pink Goo, Superdefense) and used the Almost Makeup in the past. So I had high hopes for this. I have dry, sensitive-ish skin but haven't had any major problems. This, however, made me break out in very tiny little hive-like bumps all over my face, especially around the eyes. My skin felt terrible. I tried it again after a month and the same thing. It's a shame because I liked the coverage and moisture level.

LOVE this foundation! I had some MAJOR skin issues this past year because of some medication I was on. As a result, I was desperate to find a foundation with great coverage that would not aggrevate my super super sensitive skin. THIS IS IT! I had been using Even Better Clinical Serum and love it (still use it) so I thought I would give this a shot. It's awesome - very creamy and blendable and it doesn't clog my pores or make me break out!! Hallelujah!! One tip: Recently, I started using it with a Beauty Blender sponge and the results are even better! I also use Cle de Peau concealer on top and the results are fantastic. I highly recommend this combo if you need REAL coverage!! I find that a bottle lasts me quite a while, even with everyday use. I also like that it continues the benefits of the Even Better Serum. This foundation also comes in a pretty wide variety of shades. Highly recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Matched my skin perfectly. It's very light and feels and looks like skin. Gives a nice finish although it's a bit too dewey for me. I have combination skin and i have to use powder with this. Also, during the day i have to blot the grease at least twice. I do like how it wears and how it makes my skin even but really for the money, it's not worth it. Also, it didn't do anything to lighten my dark spots. It's ok. not the greatest not the worst.
UPDATE - not liking this at all... it doesn't lighten any brown spots like it promises. and it now sits on top of my skin where i just get the feeling that i want to wipe it off. Not buying this ever again

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG favorite foundation right now. This is a GREAT foundation. It looks great on my dry-combo-ish skin. It leaves such a natural, dewy finish and lasts for a while (I always set my foundation with powder). It's about medium coverage. It's great at evening out redness and the color of blemishes. It doesn't cover everything but it REALLY evens out your skin. And concealer can easily take care of anything it doesn't cover. I actually can say I do see a difference in the tone of my skin (w/o makeup) after using it for about 3 months. I don't think $24.50 is too much for this foundation either, it's really great quality. I like to apply this foundation with a flat foundation brush or even my fingers. I really love the packaging too, very travel-friendly too because of the squeeze top. Also, I am NC20 in mac and the shade Alabaster in this foundation matches me PERFECTLY. It just disappears into my skin and leaves me looking like I have totally even skin. It's just so natural looking, but with good coverage. That's what I really love about it. It doesn't have a fragrance and I've never had a problem with breakouts with it. I also want to say that I use this everyday and my first bottle has lasted me almost 4 months and still going stong. Great, investment! Sorry for the long review!

Preface: I am a foundation junkie. I have drawersful of foundations.
I have made a resolution that I will wear each of my foundations for a week, and post a review of them. Those products that don't work for me will hit the trash.
Each foundation will be tested on skin that is moisturized (Neutrogena ultra gentle soothing lotion) and primed (Smashbox photoready)---

Week 1- Clinique Even Better makeup SPF 15

I've had this for a while, and left it on the back row.
But surprise! This is an excellent product. It blends well...
It is opaque, but my natural skin shows through.
It has some coverage, but not unnaturally.
There are no breakouts, or skin effect.
It covers flaws, blends well, and....(drumroll please)..
It Lasts All Day!!
There is scarce shiny breakthru, and it doesn't melt away!
No flakies either (a problem I have with many foundations).
Did I mention it lasts all day until I take it off?
It didn't oxidize on me, nor turn white-ish...

I wear shade )1- alabaster, and also its a tad too yellow
for my pinkish skin tone, it works.
The wear this week has been stellar, and I am proud to
say this one is a keeper!

I do enjoy Clinique make up products, so this is a find.

They claim it evens out one's skin tone, and altho I have
no dark spots, my skin doesn't look too bad for the wear.

I do recommend this!

I have aging, sensitive skin that is oily in hot humid weather,
and dry and cracked in cold weather.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I picked this up as a suggested replacement for the discontinued superfit makeup. I selected neutral, which was the same shade I used with superfit, and the color was fine, completely neutral (not really warm or cool) as the name implies. I was surprised as how thick the foundation came out, but I didn't have to use very much. My main complaint, though, is how little coverage the product gave me. I tried even using more of the foundation, layering it a little, and still it didn't really cover any imperfections. Despite the consistency, it was very sheer going on. I found that odd for a product marketing to people with uneven complexions. I probably won't be going back to this one.

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Bought and returned. Easy to apply and blend, but made me look super greasy and did not cover red acne spots very well. Also made me break out.

Skin: sensitive, combination, acne-prone
Foundation before: almay clear complexion
Reason for change: my color in at the almay clear complexion was always gone at target and I wanted a gift with purchase online

A week into this foundation, I'm learning that it doesn't play nice with other products on my face. I'm hoping that it's not the reason that i'm breaking out so much. At this point, being so early in the switch, I'm chalking the breakouts up to either stress, PMS, and/or new product overhaul (this foundation, new moisturizer, and a probably really bad choice of the clinique 7 day scrub).

I started out wearing this and the clinique even better moisturizer together. No breakouts before and now I have five different spots, most on my chin and some way up high on my cheeks which is weird for me.

Besides the breakouts, I noticed that my skin was dry and looked like a white film was under the foundation. At noon (put it on at 7am) it looked like what little foundation I had on had turned into a white webbed mess.

I stopped wearing the e.b. moisturizer and foundation together and completely stopped the 7 day scrub. After one day of doing this, my complexion looks somewhat better.

This foundation seems to do better on it's own for me.

I recommend taking advantage of clinique's five day sample and not changing anything else you do.

If my skin doesn't clear up soon, I won't use this again. So as of today, I wouldn't repurchase.

I love the packaging- makes it easy to use as little as you want.