L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara

3.4

on 12/13/2009 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Although the packaging is very modern, this product failed on multiple levels. I get clumps every time I use it, even after wiping off the wand several times on the edge of the tube. I had to use an eye lash comb several times to try to remove clumps. This product does deliver volume, but with all these clumps-it's just not worth it.

on 12/7/2009 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My opinion on this mascara is kind of double. I usually stray away a bit from the typical volume mascaras with the big brushes since almost all of them makes my lashes clump and look really short and straight. This one didn't though, as long as I was careful with not applying more than one (slow) layer and scraping any excess off the brush before I apply. It didn't flake either. That's the reason I actually ended up buying this mascara twice haha.
Although I will not buy this again. The formula is quite thick and wet, so it doesn't hold a curl at all. The lashes just goes straight back to the way they were before I curled them. It's also so wet that it doesn't actually ever quite dry!!! This is something I've never experienced with a mascara before. Everytime I blinked my upper and lower lashes would kind of stick together! Very wierd and very very annoying! This happened with both of the "tubes".

All in all, I never used up my second purchase. The wierd never drying formula and the fact that I had to be really careful while using it to prevent clumping has put me off ever buying it again.

on 12/4/2009 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well, I'll just say before I review that what I am about to say is what happen personally because of my preferences and not what may happen in general.

I don't like this mascara, I binned it after 2 weeks and I was rather annoyed I spent even 7 on it.
Firstly the smell is plain horrid. I couldn't stand it, I like couldn't breathe while I was applying my mascara! (I have a really strong sense of smell by the way)
Secondly it flaked like crazy only a few days after opening, which wasn't great,
Thirdly it irrated my eyes when I wore my contact lenses and just generally. Not good :(

But on the plus side when it worked, it gave great volume :) Pity about the other side effects...

on 12/4/2009 12:41:00 PM

Wow!! is all I can say for this mascara.
It's wonderful the formula go on so effortlessly.
It makes my lashes so long and soo volumized.
I was really in a mascara slump and this amazing product pulled me out of it!

I liked the Bad Gal Lash from Benefit okay for awhile, but this mascara is so much better than Bad gal. It's not as dry-ish as the Bad Gal. Anywho two thumbs way up!

on 12/4/2009 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is one of the only mascaras I dont like.This really does nothing for my lashes.It clumps up and it flakes under my eyes.My favorite show is Desperate Housewives and Eva Longoria(she's on DH if you didn't know) endorses this mascara so I figured I would give it a try.I wish I would have tried something else! I guess I'll just have to stick to Lash Blast

on 12/1/2009 3:48:00 PM

Now, I have some really long eyelashes and I've tried numerous mascaras trying to emphasis how long my lashes are. Anyways, this mascara does a decent job actually. I mean, I still wish I could emphasis my lashes better but out of all of the numerous mascara lines I've tried... this one is definitely one of the better ones.

This is my favorite right now, and I'm in a rotation with this, Phenomen'eyes and blueberry curl.

It's a soft, glossy formula. Doesn't dry brittle or crispy or flakey. The brush is nice, I get a good bit more volume, and quite a lot more length with this. It's not a dramatic look though. It's like Full'n'Soft but kicked up several more notches.

on 11/26/2009 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was very excited about this product because of the many claims that the company issued about how it "plumps" up your lashes to a ridiculous size. Especially with Loreal, i had nothing but respect for their mascaras because they gave us Voluminous and they also own Lancome. So here comes the disapointment. First - it clumps like no other mascara i have ever used in my life. It does build volume but i'm not sold on the brush because i'm sure that's what causes all the clumping. Anyway, not worth a penny for me. In Canada, this was priced at $14.00 which is ridiculous. So, that's why i rated it as expensive, because it just sucked.

on 11/25/2009 8:33:00 AM

In my search for a great drugstore mascara this one will be left behind. Yuck. Clumps horribly. Cannot get it on evenly at all.

on 11/23/2009 4:25:00 PM

i have fairly long, sort of dark lashes but i NEED mascara.
this pretty much rocks. i pretty much love it so far. im a musician, so the real test is playin a hot sweaty show, to see how it stands up, but til then, i love this stuff. no flaking, nothing bad!

www.myspace.com/thebeatdolls